FM 2012: Manchester United team guide - CHAMP19NS and the most decorated club in England!

Fabio MVP

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Had a great first season. Brought in Ganso, Thiago in August and M'Vila in Jan. Won the league unbeaten and the Champion's league in the 81st minute against Real. Got lucky by not having to face Barca and faced a Madrid sans Ronaldo. Rooney scored 48 and Ashley Young was English Footballer of the year.

Second season bought Hazard and Rossi. Started well but the game has got tougher. Cannot get my players to stop shooting. I want to shoot Nani in the head, he takes at least 6 shots a game. I'm averaging 20 shots per game which is ridiculous with half my players told to not shoot.

Finding it hard to get rid of dead wood. Had to let Berba go on a free just to get rid of his wages.

first season went well, league cup, league and champs league win, despite hernandez broken leg 6 months out, welbeck 3 months out and rooney6 weeks out all in march!!! Without these 3 (and I sold berba) diouf and macheda stepped up and I just about got by till rooney returned.

weirdly though played barca in champs league final (after doing city on pens in the semi) and they started messi and villa on the bench, I was 3 nil up before they came on. They were a little tired but I couldn't believe my luck!!!

Focussing on youth so not bought any first team players but brought in erick torres, carlos fierro, crisetig and delofeu for youth. Pogba and morrison played 10 - 15 games last season and both did well, hope to really get them involved and developed this year.

Trying to have a summer clear out now but finding it very hard to get rid of players, managed to sell Park, Lindegaard and Carrick. Just a few more to ship out to make room for the kids.

Anyone got much use out of Giggs? He's played 19, scored 5 and got an average rating of 7.42 for me by December 6th. Not too bad for a 37 year old :p

15 appearances, 2 goals, 8 assists, 7.41 average rating. I'm in November.

All the results so far. i couldn't care less for League Cup and Community Shield in the first season. In League Cup I used players who are not Match Fit/Fully Fit/In Superb Condition. My aims are ti be first or second in the league (I chose Title Challenge at the beginning) and the reach finals of Cl and FA Cup.

LUvli.png

I just started my first season with United. I was wondering for anybody that brought Ross Barkley in? Who did you get him tutored by?

Aye I did. 7.5m up front and then 10m over 48 + 1m for 1st international. Haven't decided what to do with him yet since he'll be heading off to U20s

Got through a rough patch after a 1-1 draw at Liverpool, a 1-0 loss to Chelsea and a shameful 2-0 defeat to West Brom. We beat Tottenham in the League Cup quarters after equalising in the 85th minute, and then smashed Fulham 4-0.

Transfer wise, trying to get Pato although money is a stumbling box. He wants to leave Milan, and wants to come here, but Milan don't want to budge on the price. Maybe next year.

Also, a transfer target for me earlier in the season, Labyad, has his contract expiring in 6 months, so I can approach to sign him for free. Lovely.

Just had the misfortune of being drawn with Barca in the round of 16. My fault really. Came second in the group to Milan because I drew away to Bremen. Interestingly, I drew Milan first season too but they didn't even qualify out of the group.

I started a game yesterday.

Sold Park, Carrick, PIG and Diouf for total 22,5M.. Also loaned Gibson, Pogba, Macheda and few others..

And i bought, Gylfi Sigurdsson, Björn Sigurdarson, Emre Can, Douglas Costa and Álvaro Vadillo for total 31M..

pfft. after feeling so pissed about the match yesterday, I could not sleep.

decided to play FM. Splashed out a bit for youngsters.

Sold P.I.G to Real, Carrick to At.Marid and Berba to Arsenal(no one else came in with a bid), Diouf to Udinese.

cant get rid of gibson and owen.

Bought quite a number of youngsters, Kwadwo Asamoah and Cavani.

and this is how I started so far.

Community Shield, won City 4-2. First game of the league, away to City, won them 5-1.

felt just that little bit better and decided to head to bed. shall continue with my game now and will update again.

hopefully I can try to be a little more active in the forum(:

Haven't been on here in a while. God guide btw. Thought of say Douglas costa is an amazing prospect. Played him once in the league and a couple of times in champs league and league cup and has performed every time. Scores the odd free kick too.

Anyone got much use out of Giggs? He's played 19, scored 5 and got an average rating of 7.42 for me by December 6th. Not too bad for a 37 year old :p

I'm into March in my game and Giggs has been involved in 26 games so far, scored 3 made 9 and has a 7.15 average rating. He has also become a player coach, meaning he will probably be phased out next season with some youth coming through.

Ok, I know I've not been in for a while. Unfortunately religious holidays meant I couldn't get in here, and meant I couldn't even get the game on Friday. But I'm back now and just getting my new game started. I always disable transfer budgets to start the game, so let's see how I get on. One thing Fabio, I must be going blind (it is very likely) but I can't find your training schedules anywhere in the OP.

Starting my save :D After some initial bids were knocked back for some players, including Gotze, i've decided to stick with the original squad! I shall do heavy investment into the youth system next season!

I only got one first teamer in, and he hasn't been phenomenal, so there's no reason you shouldn't be able to do well anyway.

I have only bought in 1 1st teamer in douglas costa with the rest of mine being players under 20 that should develop into very good players. Looking at spending the 2nd season budget on Gotze though so trying to unsettle him. Would also like to buy subotic but will have to see if funds allow it in 2nd season.

My aim, transfer wise, for the second season is another top class striker. As I said earlier, Pato is transfer listed by request so I'll try and negotiate a reasonable price.

Also, does anyone know when Brazilian regens are created? I used to, but it's all changed now :(

Has the screen which informed you how many staff ( scouts/yth coaches etc) you are allowed been removed from fm12 or am I just missing it completely?

It is on the boardroom page in the bottom left box.

---------------

On my save we just won the Club World Championship. :D

My aim, transfer wise, for the second season is another top class striker. As I said earlier, Pato is transfer listed by request so I'll try and negotiate a reasonable price.

Also, does anyone know when Brazilian regens are created? I used to, but it's all changed now :(

All regens are released 3 months prior to the dates in FM11.

So for Brazil, it was 02.01 so it will now be 02.10 :)

Just finished my first season in charge at Old Trafford and ended with a League and European Cup Double. Using the current squad, no players were bought in at all.

Premiership:

Finished a point clear of Chelsea and Tottenham winning it on the final day of the season with a 3-1 victory at the Emirates. We would have been much more comfortable if not for my players knack of getting sent off early in games. I had 6 red cards through season 5 of which were inside the first 30 minutes. We also seemed to struggle against lower rep teams often struggling to break them down. Included in this was a 0-0 at Old Trafford with Blackburn and a 1-0 loss to Sunderland at the stadium of light.

That being said however we put in some gutsy performances too, winning 3-0 at Stamford bridge thanks to an immense game from Nemanja Vidic at the back and some class finishing from Danny Welbeck. We gained a credible 1-0 victory over Man City also, Hernandez doing the damage in the 89th minutes thanks to great work from Antonio Valencia.

Final Standing:

1st PLD 38 Won 27 Drawn 7 Lost 4 For 104 Against 25 Points 88

Top League Scorer:

Niklas Bendtner (26) (Wayne Rooney Scored 23 for us)

Player of the season:

Antonio Valencia (Wayne Rooney 2nd)

Young Player of the season

Javier Hernandez

Players player of the year

Luka Modric

Manager of the year

Harry Redknapp (I was second)

FA Cup - Knocked out by Liverpool 1-0 (winners Tottenham)

League cup - Knocked out by Chelsea 3-1 (winners Tottenham)

Europe:

Ended up winning this one 3-1 against Barcelona in the final, three first half goals from Hernandez (2) and Young enough to give us victory over our old rivals.The joy of winning the competetion owes much to the spirit of the side in the earlier rounds though. In the first knockout stage we battled to an 3-2 victory over Dortmund scoring a late winner in extra time after having Rafeal sent off early and going down to NINE when Hernandez injured himself. This followed by a 3-1 victory against Inter Milan, again we did it the hard way winning both matches with less than 11 players on the pitch. De Gea having his best two matches of the season.

Finally the semi final bought us up against Man City. A 0-0 at Old Trafford left them favourites at Eastlands. However a gutsy defensive display and a stunning late penalty save from Anders Lindegaard meant that Rooneys 45th minute strike was enough to take us into yet another final with Barcelona.

Competetion Stats:

Winner 3-1 vs Barcelona

Player of the tournament:

Lionel Messi

Top Scorer:

Lionel Messi (18) (Rooney finished with 12 for us)

Player stats:

Ave Rating:

Antonio Valencia 7.78

Rio Ferdinand 7.65

Wayne Rooney 7.63

Most Assists:

Ashley Young 21

Wayne Rooney 20

Antonio Valencia 18

Most Goals:

Wayne Rooney 38

Javier Hernandez 31

Danny Welbeck 21

Player of the season:

This was a tough call between Wayne and Valencia, but due down to how much he surprised me I have to go with Antonio.

Players in and outs:

In:

Michael Essien - Chelsea - £4.2m

Out:

PIG - Released

Gibson - Released

Tom Thorpe - Wolves - £425k

Do you have to register Jones in the first season for EPL and CL? Thought it said players who are 20 or younger on 1.1.2011 do not have to be registered, so I didn't register him (born february '92) and now he can't play in the champions league. What am I doing wrong?

edit:

Never mind, rules also state he has to be at the club for 2 years. My mistake. :)

Archived