Mr Hough's Final Tactic For FM11.

In FM12 If I decided To Make More Tactics Would You  

433 members have voted

1. 1. In FM12 If I decided To Make More Tactics Would You

• Use Them To See How Good They Are
    • Won't Use Them Due To Bad Expericances With These Tactics
    • Couldn't Care Less and Think I Need To Get a Life!

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Finally finished my first season using this tactic with belgian 3rd division FC Bleid finished 3rd which is a great result as predicted to finish much lower so its a thumbs up from me and i guess it answers the inevitable question of can it work with lower teams.

ChelseaChelsea_Fixtures-3.png

ChelseavManUtdSplitView.png

ChelseavArsenalSplitView.png

ChelseavManUtdSplitView-2.png

Defensively it has some problems so to say. Some days it's perfect and some days are really frustrating. Attack-wise the tactic is okay but I would prefer il-devasto's attacking play. Overally, the tactic seems good but the ones who don't choose top teams can face some problems.

I will report back again when the season ends.

Congrats and thanks for another great tac Mr. Hough! But theres always some buts: 1st one, My team struggle against teams playing 4-3-1-2 (3Cms, 1Am) and i have no clue how to work it out - any tips are highly appreciated; 2nd Most of goals scored against me are from distance and again if anyone have some ideas-please share, I tried modificating def. line and set marking on DMs and CBs on 1 on 1 but without noticeable results. Thanks and sorry for my english ;)

This tactic has gotta be the best giant killing tactic going!

In my save I'm Leeds and after promotion I thought a change of tactic would be required to adapt to the premier league big boys. I had a nice transfer budget to spend granted, however my team isn't world class. My best three players are Eyong Enoh, Garra Dembelé and Adam Hlousek.

Had an awful fixture list to start the season off but the first four games finished as follows:

Tottenham (A) 2-0 WIN

Man City (H) 1-1 DRAW

Coventry (H) League Cup 3-0 WIN

Man Utd (A) 1-0 WIN

Only four games played but what a four games! Will continue to test and update. Next I will be raiding merseyside as I take on Everton and Liverpool. BRING IT ON! :p

mr hough about your awesome tactic on fm base site: What is the difference between 2 DMC-s??? why the left dmc has through ball often, cros from mixed and roam from position?? is this more atacking minded or what??

I can imagine, that he is the one, gifted with more creativity and attacking attributes ;)

Switched to this with my Reading team - we are in the prem but was on an awful run of games - followed your advice and put all the defenders on normal tackling - drew first game with everton 2-2 - then I've won nearly all the rest (about 6/7 games) - we're up to 10th now and can finish 8th if we beat Chealsea at home in the last match.

Seems a great tactic - loads of goals and solid at the back - and the use of wingers again after using so many 433 formations is quality. Gonna stick with this tactic I think for my career save.

Took over at reading in october with them sitting 22nd in the Championship ended season finishing 2nd going undefeated in league and going all way to semi final of league cup. Can't rate this tactic highly enough but would def put back for on normal tackling made no difference to stability at the back but certainly stopped sendings off every other match.:thup:

Update......using this tactic with just the defenders tackling set to normal.........

Finished 3rd season with Reading after guiding them to 6th and winning league cup - then moved to Spurs as they came in for me after finishing 7th - funny thing is though, even though the season had finished they still had 1 game left - the champ league final - strange that they sacked their manager with that game left!

So - first game in charge and it's the champ league final - we won 2-0!

Now into fourth season and my first full one at spurs - 29 games gone, top of the league, won 22, drew 3, lost 4 - won league cup 5-1 against Liverpool but just gone out of the champ league first knockout to Leverkusen - drew 2-2 at their place and they drew 3-3 at ours - dreadful!

I like this tactic - it's obviously really attacking - but I'm finding that even though I'm top and winning most matches it does give loads of chances to the opposition - in most matches the other side have several chances and a lot more possession - even against lower league sides!

Any suggestions to tighten up the defence but keep the attacking flair?

Hello Mr. Hough, a long time to use their tactics, are really fantastic, but this tactic with respect to the end, I found it weak in defense and attack compared to their tactic I was using. So the thought I'm Mr Hough and I'mmmmmm Awesomeeee! (Tottenham, May 2012) ... this tactic for me is the best of FM 2011.

Played first two games of first season in premiership with Reading with a pretty poor squad to be honest and with Man u up first then Chelsea wasn't expecting any points, but to my amazement we managed a great 1-1 draw at home then off to Stamford Bridge and i nearly passed out when we spanked Chelsea 2-5. Don't know if just reading squad but this is doing fab.

Update......using this tactic with just the defenders tackling set to normal.........

Finished 3rd season with Reading after guiding them to 6th and winning league cup - then moved to Spurs as they came in for me after finishing 7th - funny thing is though, even though the season had finished they still had 1 game left - the champ league final - strange that they sacked their manager with that game left!

So - first game in charge and it's the champ league final - we won 2-0!

Now into fourth season and my first full one at spurs - 29 games gone, top of the league, won 22, drew 3, lost 4 - won league cup 5-1 against Liverpool but just gone out of the champ league first knockout to Leverkusen - drew 2-2 at their place and they drew 3-3 at ours - dreadful!

I like this tactic - it's obviously really attacking - but I'm finding that even though I'm top and winning most matches it does give loads of chances to the opposition - in most matches the other side have several chances and a lot more possession - even against lower league sides!

Any suggestions to tighten up the defence but keep the attacking flair?

Try using the Defence positioning match prep see if that works.

Other than that i'm not sure to be honest i'll have a more detailed look in the defence over the next few days

This tactic set is astounding. I recently started a new game in Tier 7 (Isthmian Premier) with Maidstone United. My first season was OK, using my own tacs, but I figured I'd try out this for season 2. After getting in a lot of promising looking free transfers, I've managed to go on an incredible unbeaten run or 18 games, where I've comfortably won most of them. Also, I've somehow managed to navigate my way through numerous rounds of the cup competitions, including getting through from qualifying rounds of the FA Cup all the way to the 3rd round, where I'm due to play Liverpool!! I've beaten several teams from conference leagues to get here and never looked like losing. Obviously, I'm not expecting a result vs Liverpool, but the money I'm due to receive will allow so much progress in the future for this tiny club.

Thankyou Mr Hough for this incredible tactic. I can 100% confirm that it works a treat with lower league teams! :0)

• 2 weeks later...
What i have done is Play Gerrard on the Right Winger Role and Lucas and Merieles in the center.

Do you have a version in non-classic mode?

Also as Liverpool using MG's update, that meants there is no place for Adam, Henderson (can only fit him into AMR) and Jongo, along with all the good AMC and MCs in the game??

Archived