Mr Hough's Final Tactic For FM11.

In FM12 If I decided To Make More Tactics Would You  

433 members have voted

1. 1. In FM12 If I decided To Make More Tactics Would You

• Use Them To See How Good They Are
    • Won't Use Them Due To Bad Expericances With These Tactics
    • Couldn't Care Less and Think I Need To Get a Life!

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hough, I'd be really interested to know if the patches have thrown off your tactics at all?

I was very happy with my tactic and then the patches arrived (latest one today) and I had to start from scratch, it just totally stopped working! How's your experience been?

Yeah i agree with this, I have changed slightly since the patch but still it's a nightmare when it auto-updates

Don't pin your hopes on it being today. Dave said over the weekend that could be tomorrow night, and I believe he said that before the patch which may have slowed down the release if it messed with his tactic.

Tomorrow guys, Been at work all day so hadn't had much time to test the latest settings.

My last game though was against Man Utd in the League Cup, Not many stars playing for them players like Cleverly Ji sung park anderson, My Middlesbrough side battered them 2-0 and tore them to pieces.

The tactic will be up at some point tomorrow.

Tomorrow guys, Been at work all day so hadn't had much time to test the latest settings.

My last game though was against Man Utd in the League Cup, Not many stars playing for them players like Cleverly Ji sung park anderson, My Middlesbrough side battered them 2-0 and tore them to pieces.

Really looking forward to it.

Super! Whats the formation? :)

Cool. I cant wait. Whats the formation and did you stick with the split mentality centre mids ( ie one defensive one attacking) ??

Yeah i have keep it the same for the time being.

Battering teams left right and center, Just beat Cardiff 7-1 away and Millwall 4-1 away aswell, In the millwall game i created 9 CCC's alone

Yeah i have keep it the same for the time being.

Battering teams left right and center, Just beat Cardiff 7-1 away and Millwall 4-1 away aswell, In the millwall game i created 9 CCC's alone

Ah good to hear, as i have modric and lucas leiva in my spurs save they should fit perfectly. Does it work for 12.03? (the latest patch)

I look forward to using the tactic :)

Ah good to hear, as i have modric and lucas leiva in my spurs save they should fit perfectly. Does it work for 12.03? (the latest patch)

I look forward to using the tactic :)

Yeah i'm using the latest patch and my last 5 results are, 4-0 2-0 7-1 4-1 5-1 All wins

I have Ahmed Soukouna and Scott McDonald have both scored 17 Goals in 17 Games, Not the best strikers just imagine Torres, Messi Ronaldo....... Good Times ahead!

Yeah i'm using the latest patch and my last 5 results are, 4-0 2-0 7-1 4-1 5-1 All wins

I have Ahmed Soukouna and Scott McDonald have both scored 17 Goals in 17 Games, Not the best strikers just imagine Torres, Messi Ronaldo....... Good Times ahead!

put it up now!!!!!!!!

Good news! This tactic is sure to be amazing then...!

Don't make us wait for too long tomorrow:)

I'll still be releasing the tactic today, I have concerns about defence though, I am scoring 3-4 goals a game but conceding 1-2, That isn't good enough i've been having a look at this morning but the issues still remain, I'll be looking at the defence throughout the day though and be releasing around 7pm English Time

I'll still be releasing the tactic today, I have concerns about defence though, I am scoring 3-4 goals a game but conceding 1-2, That isn't good enough i've been having a look at this morning but the issues still remain, I'll be looking at the defence throughout the day though and be releasing around 7pm English Time

I found that dropping the wingers back to MR/L even with the exact same settings made my defence much tighter, you do lose a little attacking power, but it's a game of balence.

I found that dropping the wingers back to MR/L even with the exact same settings made my defence much tighter, you do lose a little attacking power, but it's a game of balence.

What i have done is made the exact same tactic in the Tactic Creater but with the Philosphy On Rigid in instead of very fliud, This Keeps the Midfielders in the middle and not moving forward, and creating the big gap in the middle of the park for the opposition.

Still early days but it seems to have done the trick

What i have done is made the exact same tactic in the Tactic Creater but with the Philosphy On Rigid in instead of very fliud, This Keeps the Midfielders in the middle and not moving forward, and creating the big gap in the middle of the park for the opposition.

Still early days but it seems to have done the trick

So your tactic is now a creator version rather than a classic? That's really interesting as I've had trouble re-creating my tactic with the creator

So your tactic is now a creator version rather than a classic? That's really interesting as I've had trouble re-creating my tactic with the creator

No it's still classic what i did was.

Copy and paste all the individual player screens in the program paint, Once i had done that i created a new 'Formation' in the same style as the one i have already, Put the Philosophy on Rigid then convert it to classic and copy all the player and team instructions over from the paint program, Easy Peasy.

No it's still classic what i did was.

Copy and paste all the individual player screens in the program paint, Once i had done that i created a new 'Formation' in the same style as the one i have already, Put the Philosophy on Rigid then convert it to classic and copy all the player and team instructions over from the paint program, Easy Peasy.

Genius, but surely if you copy the team instructions then nothing changes? or did you simply leave a few out?

I found the defensive Line tough to place in FM12, against some opponents having a high line is devastating, and against some a low line is much better....trying to come up with a plug and play universal line is a pain in the behind. At the moment it's about 1 notch above the middle, which seems to be okay for everybody, but on some teams there isn't enough pressure.

Genius, but surely if you copy the team instructions then nothing changes? or did you simply leave a few out?

I found the defensive Line tough to place in FM12, against some opponents having a high line is devastating, and against some a low line is much better....trying to come up with a plug and play universal line is a pain in the behind. At the moment it's about 1 notch above the middle, which seems to be okay for everybody, but on some teams there isn't enough pressure.

The way the Philosophy works is that Very Rigid keeps all players in position very little movement beyond the position, Very Fluid is get all players apart from Central defenders forward, I normally use very fluid because i am able to counter the oppositions attacking play with well placed mentality and closing down settings on my defence and midfield, This years is harder though so i have changed it to Rigid to see if it makes a difference.

I have my D-Line 2 notches below the middle and that seems to be good for me at least, I might try moving it higher to see what effect it has

a lot of things are hard to place in this manage, like consistency and why are players seriously underplaying their stats and others seriously overplaying them. I have been trying to do a 424 with Villa and 2 years in my top four are Shaqiri, Sinclair, Bent , Sturridge. They were completely on fire. almost won the league. 2 wingers as inside forwards cuting inside, and the two strikers are a combination of poacher and advanced forward but a lil fuzzied up. Sturridge has been playing like a beast being premier league second top scorer after aguero, which was completely unexpected. I bring in Doumbia to [in my thinking] upgrade from bent as the Left striker, and the entire team cant score, i bring in bent and we are on fire again. Makes me wonder if there are other mechanics at work like squad harmony that we never see. MP is fully gelled.

Anyways enough of my woes, Dave we hope you release it soon because obviously i would love to have a better tactic than mine :) besides i always use yours ever since that 433 in fm10.

How is the tactic coming along hough? Have your tweaks seen any improvements?

patiently waiting :)

Yeah they have been phenomenal, The difference between the very Fluid Tactic and The Rigid tactic is so clear to see now i have tested them both.

My defence is very very solid now and i am still playing with 2 CM's, If i need more defence too i could move them to the both to the DM position or move 1 in the DM and Keep 1 CM, It's a great position to be in as it helps you guys use all different players instead of out and out DM's

I'm also creating chances like before but I'm keeping clean sheets now, I'm testing as Huddersfield so this is the 3rd team i have tested with if you include Tottenham and Middlesbrough but it's all promising

is a 4-2-2-2 Mr Hough? as in the scrennie from earlier in the thread?

Yeah i'm gonna release it as a 4-2-2-2 but you can move the midfielders into the DM position if you wish to give yourself more stablity but its good as a 4-2-2-2 with 2 CM's

The way the Philosophy works is that Very Rigid keeps all players in position very little movement beyond the position, Very Fluid is get all players apart from Central defenders forward, I normally use very fluid because i am able to counter the oppositions attacking play with well placed mentality and closing down settings on my defence and midfield, This years is harder though so i have changed it to Rigid to see if it makes a difference.

I have my D-Line 2 notches below the middle and that seems to be good for me at least, I might try moving it higher to see what effect it has

changing strategies wont have any effects, unless you dont touch the individual player instructions!

Good news, I am writing the new thread out and putting alot of detail into it so you guys understand when i say you can move the positions of the CM's into the DM position and so forth.

Here is a perfect example of what i will be explaining in the new thread, I am playing Sheff Utd, They are 1st so i am wary of there ability, So instead of playing with CM's and having them attacking and possibly losing the battle in midfield i move the midfield in the DM position and start the game, I haven't changed any settings just moved position to give me that extra stability in midfield because i am wary of Sheff Utd,

Huddersfild.jpg

They couldn't even get close to my team, I will go into more detail in the thread on how i would prefer the Midfield to be set up

I am literally over the moon with the way my team and the tactic itself is playing i can't wait to hear your comments back when i release it!

changing strategies wont have any effects, unless you dont touch the individual player instructions!

I know that, The idea behind Philosophy is that you either wanna keep the formation rigid and tight with not much movement or fluid and loose with lots of attacking movement, That is how i analyze it anyway.

i really want it!!!! you are the best mate .. it looks perfect!!

Hey virgin Post lmao

I really leave no stone unturned and try and think of different situations for my team, That's why i think I'd be good for Beta testing - SI if your listening I'm available!

Archived