The tycoon takeover thread

If you mean FM 13 i'm at 2024 and have yet to see any tycoon takeover.

Yes, its FM13. I'm only in the year 2014 too, so many takeovers keep occurring.

Here is another that just happened. Its a very frequent type of takeover so far.

34osz2r.jpg

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anyone finding there to be way too many tycoon takeovers?

I have 17 nations active and have subscribed to see board takeovers for all nations. I find about 75% are showing as tycoon takeovers.

Only one so far has shown the tycoon as wanting to be a force in football and ready to invest vast sums of money and its in the czech second division - Slovan Liberec. The other takeovers are tycoons but it dosent say they are investing large amounts of money.

I've seen one on FM13 - Valencia in my Arsenal save

Im in the year 2024 and Arsenal were in rapid decline. Then the summer came and they were taken over, tycoon went on to spend 196 million in one transfer window. Arsenal are now top of the league by 11 points and its February. They demolished my three time in a row title winning United side at Old Trafford 4-0.

Cadiz were taken over three years or so ago on my game and immediately achieved promotion to the Liga Adelante, before losing in the playoffs in their first season up there and then winning the league by 17 points breaking all of the records this time around. Looks like they could be a Europa League quality team right away in the Liga BBVA. Interestingly two teams in the Segunda B4 (Orihuela and Torrevieja) have been taken over and are immediately competing for promotion to the Adelante too. All in all the Spanish lower leagues seem to be rather flush with cash at this precise moment in time.

Jaen got taken over just after promotion to Adelante. Net Spend of £5.75M to finish 17th. I'm expecting big things from them over the next couple of years. Only noticed this when the transfer window recap at the end of the window noted they spent £3M in one window.

I had one with Liverpool on FM13 on my 4th season I believe. They increased stadium to 60k but never totally wiped debt. They were very generous pumping money into the club however.

I didn't enjoy it so much though because players want more wages etc.... in my experience anyway.

Also, with a club like Liverpool it is easy to improve their stature and take them to the top after a few seasons anyway.

• 4 months later...

In FM 13 under my York save, I was taken over but not by a tycoon, I did see, however, Burnley and Real Sociedad get taken over by tycoons, both of them won their respective top divisions for consecutive years until Real's owners pulled the plug, Burnley won the CL for 4 seasons on the bounce.

• 1 month later...

I believe Stoke also got a Tycoon takeover in my save. They were always after my players and bidding ridiculous money for them, the highest being 70m for Aleksander Mitrovic. So i added a new manager so i could check stokes finances and found out they were getting 200m+ in sponsorship deals xD

Currently in my Game (I'm the manager of Wolfsburg). Their have been 3 tycoon takeovers. The season is 2016/17.Firstly in Spain theirs Alaves who are in Liga Adalante. Then in the Championship theirs Bolton and Watford.I think Watford have had their tycoon for over a year and a bit but none of the teams have come anywhere near getting promoted, in fact Bolton just sacked their manager as they are around 18th in the league.I set up subscriptions for all leagues for news items on all takeovers so it's easy to find the tycoon ones. I then follow those clubs with their managerial appointments only in case one interests me in the future.

In my save Charlton got took over by a tycoon then when he left they got taken over by another. Being in the Premier League for about 7 years and have won League Cup, FA Cup and Europa League and are paying players such as Kyle Bartley £650k a month which is matching Man City
Oh how I wish this would happen IRL..there are rumours that an American wants to buy us

Dunfermline just got took over on mine. Rangers also got took over 3 or 4 seasons ago, now competing with celtic but haven;t won the league yet.

Dunfermline so far instantly sacked their manager, (who hadn't lost a game in 30 games over 2 divisions) and thats it really. havent played since.

Archived