I Can Score More Goals Than You - Game Thread

Simple, score more goals than everybody else, and if you're lucky, you might score enough to make some DVDs.

Players

Aiden Lfc (AidenofLFC)

Claudio Alegria (noikeee)

Matthew Arcamede (arcamede1990)

Oleguer Armengol (ggrive)

Carandan Barlock (santa) - AB and Viborg are interested on Loan

Alexis Bertand (prince_capri)

Jim Bob (Speedy69)

Jim Bowman (jimbowmanuk)

Chopper (chopper99)

Glenn Crane (glennuk)

Reuben Davids (sheffieldtim)

Whoopy Dee'e (Whoopy D)

David Ginsberg (David Corperial)

Jamie Hernandez (jamie.)

Igor Kesina (JohnTerry26)

Spice Leaf (spiceleaf)

Long Tym Toon (toon_balmy)

Mantis (MattieCoopz)

Milos Maric (lvzifer)

Jason McIllmurray (5ergio)

Des Morgan (Nottingham Forest)

Nobrega (Mafino)

Chris Owen (Sloppyderek)

Bjorgvin Radebe (bjoggi33)

Reynolds (BtahtheZone)

Rhand (Rhand) - Is transfer listed

Davidus Solo (DB1)

Herr Svenska (Cuddlefish)

Lubomuierz Szczepanski (LLR)

Tardinho (manutdfan4lyf)

Ricardo Tredwell (letissierandhenryaregreat)

Valio (Bliop)

Richard Watson (iAmGory)

Zac Weston (laBOMBA)

Pedro Wilario (Paolo Willenté)

Romarinho - Bangu, Beira-Mar, Cottbus, Leiria and Remo are interested.

So here are your initial screenshots, and as you can see, nearly all players are identical, the only differences are a few random attributes, PA which will be similar, but not identical and reputation, which is random.

Romarinho won't be taking part in the main challenge, i just want him to reach 1000 goals, i may possibly use youth games too as that's what Romario did apparently.

Also sorry if anything is wrong, we can try to change it using FMRTE.

Will try to do small updates every September, February and June. June will have screenshots.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Awards

First to 50 Goals: Richard Watson (iAmGory)

First to 100 Goals:

First to 150 Goals: Richard Watson (iAmGory)

First to 200 Goals: Glenn Crane (glennuk)

First to 250 Goals: Glenn Crane (glennuk)

First to 300 Goals: Glenn Crane (glennuk)

First to 350 Goals: Glenn Crane (glennuk)

First to 400 Goals: Glenn Crane (glennuk)

First to 450 Goals: Ricardo Tredwell (letissierandhenryaregreat)

First to 500 Goals: Ricardo Tredwell (letissierandhenryaregreat)

Top Scorers

2010/11 - Richard Watson - 30

2011/12 - Zac Weston - 30

2012/13 - Mantis - 26

2013/14 - Ricardo Tredwell - 32

2014/15 - Jason McIllmurray & Bjorgvin Radebe - 24

2015/16 - Des Morgan - 31

2016/17 - Igor Kesina, Spice Leaf & Ricardo Tredwell - 25

2017/18 - Glenn Crane - 33

2018/19 - Bjorgvin Radebe - 37

2019/20 - Nobrega - 35

2020/21 - Glenn Crane - 46

2021/22 - Spice Leaf & Jamie Hernandez - 30

2022/23 - Oleguer Armengol - 45

2023/24 - Jamie Hernandez - 34

2024/25 - Glenn Crane - 38

2025/26 - Oleguer Armengol - 41

2026/27 - Ricardo Tredwell - 41

2027/28 - Spice Leaf - 24

2028/29 - Milos Maric - 31

2029/30 - David Ginsberg - 28

2030/31 - Ricardo Tredwell - 44

2031/32 - Ricardo Tredwell - 32

2032/33 - Ricardo Tredwell - 19

Top 3

1st Place - Ricardo Tredwell - 516

2nd Place - Glenn Crane - 446

3rd Place - Oleguer Armengol - 436

• Replies 919
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Players

Aiden Lfc - Started well and got 3 goals in 4 non-competitive games. Unfortunately after 5 games into the new season he's only got himself 1 goal so far.

Claudio Alegria - Got himself 1 goal in 2 non-competitive games. Has scored 2 goals from his first 3 games for Boavista.

Matthew Arcamede - Very impressive pre-season with 5 in 5, but like Aiden he's only got 1 goal so far for his club.

Oleguer Armengol - Only played non-competitive games so far, but has scored 7 in 5, he'll be hoping he can take that form into the league soon.

Carandan Barlock - Has been playing a lot for the U-19 team and has scored a brilliant 13 in 10(4), will be hoping for a first team call up soon so he can get his tally started.

Alexis Bertand - 4 goals in his first 3 non-competitive games, is in the U-19 team but will be hoping for some first team games soon.

Jim Bob - Very impressive again with 9 goals in 7 non-competitive games. Could be the next Charlie Davies and is a similar type of player to Darius Vassell (uh-oh).

Jim Bowman - 3 non-competitive games and 3 goals, another playing waiting to get his first team start.

Chopper - 2 goals in 5 non-competitive games and is injured for up to 3 weeks with a sprained ankle.

Glenn Crane - An amazing 10 goals in 5 non-competitive games, scoring 5 of them in 1 U-18 game. Has scored 2 first team goals in 2 cup games.

Reuben Davids - Very good so far with 3 goals in 4 non-competitive games. Was given his first team debut and has now scored 5 in 4 games.

Whoopy Dee'e - Going straight into the first team after 2 goals in 3 non-competitive games and has scored 4 goals in 7 games so far.

David Ginsberg - 7 goals in 3 non-competitive games but will be disappointed to be injured, will be back in 3 weeks.

Jamie Hernandez - Hasnt got his first team chance yet, but has 2 goals in 5 non-competitive games. Similar type of player to Robbie Findlay.

Igor Kesina - Not impressed too much so far with 1 goal in 3 non-competitive games, still young and plenty of time to go though. Similar type of player to Lucas Barrios.

Spice Leaf - Impressed for Everton U-18 and in friendlies with 4 goals in 6 non-competitive games.

Long Tym Toon - 4 goals in 7 non-competitive games must have impressed the manager as he went into the first team and scored 4 in 2(1).

Mantis - Hasnt had much chance to play but impressed when given the chance. Has 1 goal in 1(2) appearances. Dubbed the new Michael Owen.

Milos Maric - Unfortunately his U-18 side dont have any games to play so he'll have to rely on cup games for now. Has 1 goal in 1 cup game.

Jason McIllmurray - Started well and has been playing regularly for Portadown. Has 4 goals in 7 games.

Des Morgan - Has been playing first team football but hasnt found the net just yet after 3 games. Also dubbed the new Michael Owen.

Nobrega - Had an ok start to life with Sporting with 1 goal in 2 games. Similar type of player to Yannick Djalo.

Chris Owen - 5 goals in 4 non-competitive games, but no first team goals just yet. Has already made his Wales debut.

Bjorgvin Radebe - Only one sub appearance for Leeds so far with 0 goals. Has 1 goal in 2 non-competitive games.

Reynolds - Has been scoring for fun in non-competitive games, with 11 in 8(3), not been given a chance in the first team yet.

Rhand - Will be very pleased to have 6 goals in 6(1) games for Luch, but not pleased that he'll be out for up to 4 months with a torn calf.

Davidus Solo - Probably the best start anybody could have made with a brilliant 9 goals in just 5 games. Got 6 in 6 non-competitive games too.

Herr Svenska - Will be pleased to be part of the Norwich first team and has already got himself 2 goals in 3 games.

Lubomuierz Szczepanski - Played 3 games for Accrington so far with just the 1 goal. Got 2 in 4 non-competitive games.

Tardinho - Didnt have the best debut in the league, but has scored in the cup already, 1 in 2. Another player dubbed the new Michael Owen.

Ricardo Tredwell - No games played at all yet and is injured for up to 2 months with strained knee ligaments. Touted as the next Allie McNab.

Valio - Had a pretty good start to life in England with 3 goals in 3 league starts. Hasnt had as much luck in the cup with 0 goals in 3 games.

Richard Watson - Very good start for Richard with 5 goals in 6 games, all 5 were in the league.

Zac Watson - Scored 3 goals in 4 games for Bath before picking up an injury setting him aside for up to 3 weeks.

Pedro Wilario - Pedro has played in 3 non-competitive games but didnt get any goals. Feels he is too good to be loaned out.

Romarinho Watch

Will join Atletico CP in January, so will have a short wait before he starts banging in the goals. GOALS = 0

GOALS

Davidus Solo            9
Rhand                   6
Reuben Davids           5
Richard Watson          5
Whoopy Dee'e            4
Long Tym Toon           4
Jason McIllmurray       4
Valio                   3
Zac Watson              3
Claudio Alegria         2
Glenn Crane             2
Herr Svenska            2
Aiden Lfc               1
Matthew Arcamede        1
Mantis                  1
Milos Maric             1
Nobrega                 1
Lubomuierz Szczepanski  1
Tardinho                1
Oleguer Armengol        0
Carandan Barlock        0
Alexis Bertand          0
Jim Bob                 0
Jim Bowman              0
Chopper                 0
David Ginsberg          0
Jamie Hernandez         0
Igor Kesina             0
Spice Leaf              0
Des Morgan              0
Chris Owen              0
Bjorgvin Radebe         0
Reynolds                0
Ricardo Tredwell        0
Pedro Wilario           0

Hopefully i can keep track of this as we update each player.

New Michael Owen?! ROMBPMSL!

Funniest thing is that we got another 2 in the mix as well. Imagine the future 3 "Michael Owens" on the same team in the same starting line-up!

KUTGW Charles whilst I go back to ROMBPMSL!

New Michael Owen?! ROMBPMSL!

Funniest thing is that we got another 2 in the mix as well. Imagine the future 3 "Michael Owens" on the same team in the same starting line-up!

KUTGW Charles whilst I go back to ROMBPMSL!

that would never happen because you will all be seing the physio or at the races haha

Holidayed up to February, but will update tomorrow.

The top scorer is now on 21, but various players are over 15. Also one player has 41, yes 41 non-competive goals, amazing, no first team games yet either.

Quite a few transfers too with one player now at Barcelona.

And the best of all, one of the new Michael Owens has actually joined Liverpool.

Players

Aiden Lfc - Didnt start well for Darlington but has soon picked up some good form and scored 14 goals in 27 appearances. Will sign a new contract when he turns 16 for £500p/w until 2015.

Claudio Alegria - Carried on his scoring and now has 13 goals overall in 19 appearances. Another player waiting for a new contract, this time for a whopping £25p/w.

Matthew Arcamede - Hasnt been doing too well but has bagged himself a few goals, 8 in 16 games so far. Feels he would only consider a call up from Scotland right now.

Oleguer Armengol - Played 6 games for Girona with 4 goals before being signed by Barcelona. Could be a good move as he may get better with the training, but might not get many games, and hasnt started since moving.

Carandan Barlock - Very impressive in non-competitive games with 22 in 21(5), and just as good in the first team with 4 goals in 4(3) starts. Enthusiastic about his future at the club.

Alexis Bertand - Made no appearances for Le Mans and then went on loan to Angers where he has only played non-competitive games, 1 game with 2 goals.

Jim Bob - Has been scoring a lot of goals for the Reserves and U-18s, but at 14 he can't complain too much about not getting first team games. Chelsea are interested.

Jim Bowman - Scored 18 in 17(1) non-competitive games but will be out for up to 3 weeks with a torn hamstring. Has made 4 sub appearances with no goals for the first team.

Chopper - Hasnt made that first team start yet but has 16 goals in 17(1) non-competitive games. Similar type of player to Christian Benitez.

Glenn Crane - Carried on scoring for both reserves/u-18 and the first team. 16 in 20 for non-competitive games and 10 in 19(3) for the first team. Is enjoying playing for the club.

Reuben Davids - Has now scored 13 goals in 22(1) games which has caught the attention of German side Bayern. Is pleased to be playing for the club.

Whoopy Dee'e - Probably played the most games of anybody so far with 17 goals in 36 games. Feels the team has more potential than it's showing.

David Ginsberg - David still hasnt had the chance in the first team but has been impressing at U-18 and reserve level with 11 goals in 9 games.

Jamie Hernandez - Has had a Hernia which set him back 4 weeks so hasnt played too often, only 2 first team games with 1 goal. Has been scoring a lot in non-competitive games though with 18 in 22(1).

Igor Kesina - Another player who hasnt had much chance to play yet, but has scored his first first team goal after 2(1) games. 18 goals in 16 non-competitive.

Spice Leaf - Has a hip injury and will be out for up to 7 weeks unfortuantely. Has 8 goals in 14 non-competitive games. Determined to overcome his injury.

Long Tym Toon - Left Darlington after 21(1) games and 12 goals for Russian side Tom Tomsk. Has only played non-competitive games for Tom so far as the season hasnt started yet.

Mantis - The new Michael Owen just got a bit more Michael Owen as he joins Liverpool, but is straight into the reserves. Didnt score any more goals for Pompey before he left.

Milos Maric - Scored another goal in another cup game but not much else to mention. He is optomistic about his future at the club.

Jason McIllmurray - Has been in great for and has added another 14 goals in 23 games taking him to 18 so far. Will sign a new contract on £15p/w when he turns 17.

Des Morgan - Has been playing a lot more for Scunthorpe but not getting too many goals with just 7 in 20(2) appearances.

Nobrega - Hoping to gain first team football from going on loan having not started too often for Sporting. Just 2 goals in 6(1) games so far.

Chris Owen - Got himself 12 goals in 20 games for Rhyl before leaving for Peterborough. Started quite well for his new club with 3 goals in 5 games.

Bjorgvin Radebe - Has got his chance with the first team now and has scored 6 goals in 13(6) games for Leeds. Another player that Chelsea are after.

Reynolds - Has scored an amazing 41 goals in 32(3) non-competitive games for Wolves, why has Mick McCarthy not given him any first team chance at all.

Rhand - Recovered from his injury but is now a Chernomorets player. No more goals to add to his tally though. Played his first game for Uzbekistan in a 2-0 deafeat to North Korea.

Davidus Solo - Carried on scoring plenty of goals for Tamworth with 21 in 33 games now, and he's still only 15 years old.

Herr Svenska - Hasnt been playing too often but has scored a few more goals, now on 9 in 13(5) games. No surprise in the team that are after him.

Lubomuierz Szczepanski - Has left Accrington to join Aston Villa. Before leaving he had scored 15 goals in 22 games for Accrington. Is looking forward to going out on loan.

Tardinho - Scoring a lot for the U-18 and Reserves but has only had 6(1) games for the first team with 3 goals, this may have been because of a broken ankle, which still need 3 weeks to recover.

Ricardo Tredwell - Not sure if there is a rule in USA for the age as he hasnt started any games yet. Has a virus and will be out for 10 days.

Valio - Carried on scoring for Charlton with 9 in 19 now and got himself a goal in the cup too. Also has 12 goals in 9 non-competitive games.

Richard Watson - Had a damaged foot for the last 2 weeks but will soon recover. Scored 16 goals in 23 games before his injury.

Zac Weston - Very similar to Valio with 9 goals in 19(1) games for Bath but he has been injured for a while too.

Pedro Wilario - Has been given a first team chance after scoring 13 in 14 for the U-19 and reserves. Scored 2 in 3 of the games he played.

Romarinho Watch

Won't sign until January 2012 for Atletico CP so will be waiting a while still.

Wanted

Matthew Arcamede - Bolton

Jim Bob - Chelsea

Glenn Crane - Chelsea

Reuben Davids - Bayern

Whoopy Dee'e - Chelsea

Jamie Hernandez - Chelsea

Nobrega - Bayern

Bjorgvin Radebe - Chelsea

Reynolds - Chelsea

Herr Svenska - Chelsea

Lubomierz Szczepanski - Ipswich (Loan)

Richard Watson - Cardiff

Transfers

Oleguer Armengol - Girona to Barcelona for £1.1m

Alexis Bertand - Le Mans to Angers on Loan

Long Tym Toon - Darlington to Tom for £525k

Mantis - Portsmouth to Liverpool for £1.2m

Chris Owen - Rhyl to Peterborough for £75k

Rhand - Luch to Chernomorets(RUS) for £50k

GOALS

Davidus Solo            21
Jason McIllmurray       18
Whoopy Dee'e            17
Richard Watson          16
Chris Owen              15
Lubomuierz Szczepanski  15
Aiden Lfc               14
Claudio Alegria         13
Reuben Davids           13
Long Tym Toon           12
Glenn Crane             10
Herr Svenska            9
Zac Weston              9
Valio                   9
Matthew Arcamede        8
Des Morgan              7
Bjorgvin Radebe         6
Rhand                   6
Oleguer Armengol        4
Carandan Barlock        4
Tardinho                3
Milos Maric             2
Nobrega                 2
Pedro Wilario           2
Jamie Hernandez         1
Igor Kesina             1
Mantis                  1
Alexis Bertand          0
Jim Bob                 0
Jim Bowman              0
Chopper                 0
David Ginsberg          0
Spice Leaf              0
Reynolds                0
Ricardo Tredwell        0

I think someone will be playing for Chelsea next season.

Hopefully everything in the chart is correct.

I was going to try and check Goal of the Month from each league to try and post to youtube, but i can't see them unfortuantely :(

I had a sneaking feeling that I'd be off to Liverpool, third or fourth sign-up I've been or at Liverpool haha.

Not happy though about being dumped in the reserves, hopefully should displace someone on the bench shortly.

I'm flying with Tamworth. Hope I can stay for abit cos I'll be getting game time and hopefully more goals.

Got a bad feeling though i'll end up moving and stuck on bench somewhere.

I think the key to this challenge is lower level club where you are always playing.

kutgw! not sure what it means but people appear to say to say well done!

kutgw = keep up the good work.

Quite pleased at my amount of goals so far, am near the top with 13 and in a good place to keep on scoring - although I think Boavista may not be the best place to develop my skills as a player.

I think there's an hack through one of the screens SI added in the last few versions of FM that allows you to see goal of the month, although it may make the game progress much more slowly. Basically the game has two modes - either it simulates the games superficially, only calculating the results, average ratings and little else (goals not included); or it simulates it properly for the whole 90 minutes. There's a screen that allows you to set which leagues you want to see in detail - make them all detailed and from there onwards you should be able to watch the goals.

Damnit, Chernomorets? I don't even think they play in the Russian First Division.

Luch should've had more confidence in me, they will regret this!

Pretty sure they started in the Russian First Division, in real life they got relegated though :p

Charlesbeams i think you forgot to add one goal to Oleguer in the chart based in your recap.

Excellent job with the sign up

Have sorted that out for you, moved up a place :p

kutgw = keep up the good work.

Quite pleased at my amount of goals so far, am near the top with 13 and in a good place to keep on scoring - although I think Boavista may not be the best place to develop my skills as a player.

I think there's an hack through one of the screens SI added in the last few versions of FM that allows you to see goal of the month, although it may make the game progress much more slowly. Basically the game has two modes - either it simulates the games superficially, only calculating the results, average ratings and little else (goals not included); or it simulates it properly for the whole 90 minutes. There's a screen that allows you to set which leagues you want to see in detail - make them all detailed and from there onwards you should be able to watch the goals.

Think i'll just leave it for now, would have been nice to have it included but it's fine as it is

Damn I forgot Shakhtar doesnt have reserve team :| well hopefully soon I could go somewhere on loan.

Yeah, he's part of the Shakhtar Academy at the minute so won't be playing often

Will try and get to June tonight, but it might be tomorrow sometime

Well 15 goals and then a move is alright, would've been much better if I had managed to stay there, but a loan to Ipswich will achieve the same thing, and mean I am already at a top division club as well...hopefully one more striker decides to join me at Aston Villa, I am going to laugh when 10 people all go to Chelsea and don't play...

Archived