Your most prolific striker?

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The thread should be ambling around on the tactics forum as I put it up after the success, it was indeed a 4-4-2 in the earlier years Keirrison was the small quick man playing off the big man with surging runs to get on the end of flick ons and midfielders linking up the player, Keirrison was pretty much the conduit for all goals, midfielders, wingers & the target man coming in with around 20 - 40 assists each per year. As Keirrison got older and slower the quality of the player alongside him needed to become faster and more reserved, being more creative with forward runs, the requirement basically went from being a Kenwynne Jones/Emile Heskey kind of player to a Drogba kind of player and now is more along the lines of a Ronaldo/Messi type of player as I pushed Keirrison further up the pitch with less forward runs. I think in this season it was a strange revival because its the best season he ever had at about 32 or 33, purely because the amount of income and disposable cash I have now means the other 10 players are at their absolute best, and with the premier league now saturated with retired players and regen managers. However, Rafa Benitez in the same situation in Spain (I again posted it up on the forums at the time and think he was the only 'proper' manager in the league at the time) and Real Madrid achieved:

brokengoalcounter.jpg

In some ways it actually cheapened that he reached the feat then because the game has shown basically with poor managers in the game at this point an aging player can still tear teams apart if he's being carried.

I think it's a particularly remarkable feat to get that many goals out of one player any way you look at it! :D

Found the tactical thread that Santy is referring to, for anyone else who is interested:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/92563-4-4-2-formation-%28the-one-that-saw-Keirrison-score-125-goals%29

ST on the left start with your pacey, best finishing forward, and on the right your targetman. The two swap positions during the game, but the left position is the naturally more 'forward' one, the reason behind the rotation is because when the targetman is further forward, he can hold the ball up to play into a surging pacey striker. When further behind he can play/flick the ball onto him and put him clean through. It is worthwhile having the pacey striker trained to try to beat the offside trap.

So I take it that you had both forwards on mixed forward runs but with one forward having higher mentality? Or was Keirrison on forward runs often?

It sounds like Keirrison was on the left with high mentality, mixed runs (?), with a target man playing deeper and basically setting him up for goals. Plus the two forwards swapping?

Yea pretty much it, the swapping was purely to cause havoc with man marking instructions and incase Keirrison was getting manhandled by one CB as was possible given his physical side, I put extensive periods of time into managing Keirrisons career though, far more than I probably should have lol. I'll check my instructions for him currently when I load FM09 up tomorrow, I know the forward line instructions have evolved and they possibly don't swap anymore. That thread does sort of show the evolution of the targetmen in the side, Johan Elmander & Robert Lewandowski throuh to the regens.

Keirrisons mentality did gradually get higher and higher as he got older and slower, as a sort of trade-off to compensate.

Yeah, do let me know when you check out your FM09 save. I'm really interested in how you set him up and how you micro-managed him to get the best out of him for so long. :thup:

I like the idea of swapping forwards as well in a 4-4-2. Something I might think about implementing in my next save involving a 4-4-2.

Are you still playing the FM09 save or have you moved on? Anything close to a Keirrison on FM10 or 11?

Nothing at all remotely close on the last two FM's, I think Keirrison was pretty much that one moment in my FM career where everything went right and was purely a one-off thing lol. I still try to play the save but got so many games now on my PC it's hard to give it the time it deserves to keep Keirrison scoring anymore.

Here's the run down on his instructions:

Mentality: 17

Creative Freedom: 2

Passing Style: 7

Closing Down: 8

Tackling: Normal

Forward Runs: Rarely

Run With Ball: Mixed

Long Shots: Mixed

Through Balls: Rarely

Cross Ball: Rarely

Watching matches he basically just stands around the edge of the box most of the game, soon as the ball comes to him he'll have a shot and score, he's not all that clinical its just the sheer volume of chances created he had 13 shots and scored 4 goals but a lot of the time he can have up to 15 shots and only score 2 - 3 goals. In the form window for the last 20 games hes featured in all 20, scored 35 goals but had 152 shots. The majority of goals come in the world club championship final and CL group stages.

Well in his younger days he used to maze around people, have a higher creative freedom to take people on, drift around and whatnot, now I just prefer to have him stand there and conserve his energy being able to spend £200m a season for the last 4 or 5 years has meant I've just been able to buy anyone who will be the best player in a certain position in the world which is what has seen Keirrison perform better now he's older than when he was younger, but yea he doesn't exactly work for his goals anymore, the tactic just basically keeps giving him shots until he scores, its a bit like a gang of kids holding someone down to take punches from a bully I guess lol.

Yeah, loads have posted before your post.

Only 4 people have posted with someone who has scored more goals in one season, which I wouldn't call loads, and only 2 of those are from this years FM so get off your high horse.

Only 4 people have posted with someone who has scored more goals in one season, which I wouldn't call loads, and only 2 of those are from this years FM so get off your high horse.

High horse? You asked if anyone could beat your record. I was just pointing out that it already had been.

High horse? You asked if anyone could beat your record. I was just pointing out that it already had been.

The pictures weren't loading for me before as I was having problems with my internet, that's why I asked if anyone could beat it as I didn't know if it had been done. Santy had already replied that it had been beaten what was the need for you to get involved unless you had a player who could beat it?

The pictures weren't loading for me before as I was having problems with my internet, that's why I asked if anyone could beat it as I didn't know if it had been done. Santy had already replied that it had been beaten what was the need for you to get involved unless you had a player who could beat it?

I already posted a player that did beat it! Post 95 first page.

Real Marcianise in Serie B.

I vaguely remember that side. I think I managed them briefly before on an old FM. Do they play in green and yellow or something like that?

I've done Portugal, England and Spain now, plan on taking these guys to the top then a German side then back to Benfica before retiring.

Who were your teams in the other countries? Benfica, presumably, in Portugal, given your last comment there. Liverpool in England?

Santy, i've never seen the computer buy a player for that much. What happened there then?

It was something of an issue I had with FM09 with several players that had claused deals, the final transfer value would go through at the wrong value. Andriy Rusol went on loan to someone with a future fee of £4m that ended up saying it was £16m but still I only ever received £4m for it. I think I started it without the first patch because it was FM09 that had all the ballache with activation and whatnot if I'm remembering right, anyway in all other aspects it shows the transfer as nowhere near that (somewhere around about 30 - 40% of that figure) but it said that on the player history. It's somewhere in the Danny Roberts challenge thread with more detail at the time it happened, it was rather annoying that it happened then because it was the best season Keirrison was in and the one that I was actually in with a shot of challenging Smylie for over 200 goals in a season, come January first he already had 85 goals in 30 games or something to that effect. I did have a rather bizarre time with the transfer system on FM09 though, a lot of clause based deals were coming out for the wrong amount.

Around £80m, maybe pushing £90m my chairman accepted the offer over my head so I didn't see the full details of it but I think this was by 9.3 because you could no longer go to the transfer centre and then still cancel the deal.

Through the Tottenham academy, and a Spurs fan? So you'll give 100% every game and never ever want to leave? English as well? And you're called English?

And you''re going to break all previous goalscoring records?

9StuartEnglish-3.png

Yes please. At his peak, he scored 69 goals in one season, 39 of those in the EPL.

Also, check out the awesome foursome he was in.

I came. ,,,,,

Just completed the 2027/28 season and Felipe was prolific yet again. At 32 years of age he is showing no signs of slowing down, although his pace has dropped from 17 to 16 ;)

2028.png

We were sensationally knocked out of the Champions League in the first knockout stage by Genoa, so he missed the chance to play in more games. We were also knocked of of the FA Cup in the sixth round but won the Premier League (losing just 2 games), the Carling Cup, the Club World Cup the European Super Cup.

Felipes record under me now stands at:

560 club games / 687 club goals (363 league games / 428 league goals)

129 International games / 99 International goals

Grand total:

689 games / 786 goals

2028recird.png

On my career level, it was my 10th Prem title with Oxford and by securing this I finally eclipsed Fergie at the top of the hall of fame to become the most successful manager of all time in the game :)

As fascinating as this thread is, for me it says something very negative about Fm players. I don't want to start a war here but it's really disturbing that in a thread of 145 posts, unless I've missed one or two, not one person has moaned about how unrealistic it is that their star striker has scored 45, 50 or 60-odd goals a season. In so many threads people express how livid they are and how "unrealistic" it is that for example they haven't scored in four games, or their strikers are missing sitters. I've seen so many hysterical claims that "bugs" like those are "game breakers" or show what a useless game fm is. However, when unrealistic things go players way, which this goal scoring without a doubt is, people are happy to show off and hype their own "accomplishments". Really makes me sad on a number of levels

As fascinating as this thread is, for me it says something very negative about Fm players. I don't want to start a war here but it's really disturbing that in a thread of 145 posts, unless I've missed one or two, not one person has moaned about how unrealistic it is that their star striker has scored 45, 50 or 60-odd goals a season. In so many threads people express how livid they are and how "unrealistic" it is that for example they haven't scored in four games, or their strikers are missing sitters. I've seen so many hysterical claims that "bugs" like those are "game breakers" or show what a useless game fm is. However, when unrealistic things go players way, which this goal scoring without a doubt is, people are happy to show off and hype their own "accomplishments". Really makes me sad on a number of levels

You're complaining essentially, about human nature. We all like it when things go our way and hate it when they don't. Nothing unusual there, there's certainly no reason to get sad about it.

They're good points, but for my personal example, the season that my striker (English) had was only approximately as good as Ronaldo's record breaking season for Man Utd. I did build the team around him as a striker, and dominated many games. A lot of his goals also came against smaller sides in the cups. His overall record is far closer to realism.

Wow. Bit of an overreaction maybe! :rolleyes:

Archived