Raver training + sets

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have played in total over 25 seasons plus, using the likes of Portsmouth, Ajax, Barcelona, Torquay & Havant & Waterlooville, and I have not seen these injury problems once. What are your tactics like, the way you line up and that, and what are the stats like for your star striker? When I joined Barcelona they had Fernando Torres, I got shot because in 3 months he was always injured, but his injury record before I joined and when he was at Chelsea was the same, very injury prone. So it wasn't my training, in that period for example I think Villa who was 34 but playing all the time, missed a couple of weeks in total and Messi a month, which I think is pretty good for 18 months.

Have you tried putting the players with a record of being injured a bit on the lite versions and taking down the lite versions an extra notch?

Hi MajorRaver,

I think is was just an erroneous occurance. I've been able to get my guys healed up with minimal injuries since that first month. Maybe it was just the switching schedules that caused them all in the beginning? Not too sure. Either way, I'm seeing so good improvements in my players, so kudos to these! Will definitely continue to use!

cerud

I'm getting the felling that the 'Natural Fitness' (and possibly the Injury Proneness hidden attribute) are far more influential re. injuries in this version. MR, have you done any tests or made any observations concerning that?

If you got to the individual reports for your players and look at those injuried, the ones I find injuried a lot are the ones that have injuries listed next weakness's on the reports. It can be a bit random, in one game I had 2 Ajax players injuried a lot, and were classed as injury prone, but on another game with the same schedules and tactics, neither have a single injury in a season.

Not sure about the hidden stats mate, I suppose you need some program to look into those like FMTRE? As for Natural Fitness, without a doubt, I have been looking into the players who pick up a knock in the match, not a knock that causes a red or green cross, but a knock that has them needing a bit of treatment and then the stamina dropping a bit. The ones with Natural Fitness that have that issue in a game, seem to struggle to make it to match fitness the following week, and also come up as injured the following day after a game. Some put this down to training schedules, but I don't see that to be the case. If a player has stamina after a game due to knocks of 60% or lower, putting him on normal training the following day is likely to leave him exposed in my book. I am currently researching the effects of no training for a day or two after a game if they are in that state, but need a lot more research for giving an answer to how it works.

Not sure about the hidden stats mate, I suppose you need some program to look into those like FMTRE?

Well, that's exactly what the reference in the scout/coach report you mentioned is telling you.

I have a squad of youngsters who in general have high Natural Fitness but low Stamina. They commonly end a game with 60% condition but suffer no ill effects. I've even nudged your schedules to up the Aerobics - it's resulted in a couple of training injuries but nothing outside the norm. Therefore, I can strongly confirm that your schedules are not responsible for causing injuries - the the players and tactics that need to be scrutinised if it appears injuries are high.

• 2 weeks later...

Just thought I would pop in to say that now I've got my Granada CF side promoted to La Liga and have improved my facilities, I'm giving your version 4 set of schedules a whirl.

I have very few players in their "prime" so to speak. The bulk of my squad consists of players in their mid to late 30's, or teens to early 20's. One extreme to the other really, but I'm hoping a mixture of youth and experience should work well, especially so when it comes to the older players tutoring the younger ones.

I'll let you know how things pan out at the end of the season. May take me a little while to provide that feedback, as it can take me some time to play through a season. ;)

Raver, why there isn't a youth schedule for wingers in your v4? Which one from the others do you use for wingers?

With the reduced amounts in training of youth players, you need to concentrate on the most important stats. I always put wide players on the AMC schedule and then move them to wingers once they come professional. You need in the youth stage to work out whether you need to concentrate on his defensive stats or attacking stats, hence only 2 midfield schedules, doing others will water down the training to much.

Just thought I would pop in to say that now I've got my Granada CF side promoted to La Liga and have improved my facilities, I'm giving your version 4 set of schedules a whirl.

I have very few players in their "prime" so to speak. The bulk of my squad consists of players in their mid to late 30's, or teens to early 20's. One extreme to the other really, but I'm hoping a mixture of youth and experience should work well, especially so when it comes to the older players tutoring the younger ones.

I'll let you know how things pan out at the end of the season. May take me a little while to provide that feedback, as it can take me some time to play through a season. ;)

Having the older players to help is a big deal in this version of the game. Also watch for the backroom advice of your coaches, I have found that to be helpful and also improves stats quicker.

Yes indeed. Although the veteran players I signed, do play their part, it's the younger players I'm trying to give more matches. I also rotate the squad often to keep everyone fresh.

The older players are all tutoring younger players. Not only do they have some very useful PPM's they can share with the youngsters, but they also have superb mental attributes, personalities and character traits. I also have excellent coaching staff, who are ideally suited to the specific training areas which dovetails well with your schedules. I do take note of suggestions they make regarding focused training most of the time, though occasionally, they can suggest rather pointless things like penalty taking for my central defensive stopper, who has a rating of about 5 for penalty taking, therefore a waste of time and effort working on.

Just coming into December and the players all appear to be progressing nicely with the combination of these schedules, my coaching staff, recently completed "Top training facilities" and regular football. I've had nobody complain or whine they're unhappy with the schedules their on. I'm not using any of the "lite" schedules either.

I'm very fortunate to have a great network of scouts, who provide me with a great deal of information about players before I sign them. Pretty much all the young players have good character traits, which from my interpretation of scout and coach reports, equates to strong hidden attributes like professionalism, ambition, etc...

The reports also suggest that many of the young players I've signed have high potential, so obviously I aim to help them reach it.

• 3 weeks later...

sorry if this has been asked raver, but have you got any recommendations for lower league veteran players? i know they naturally deteriorate over time, but some of them seem to take an alarimg dip in stat scores even on your light schedules and even when they say they are 'pleased' with their training. thanks for any tips.

Love your schedules Raver. About the best that I've used since fm 2011, although there aren't many around yours is still a standout for me. A lot more emphasis is needed- traning schedules aren't just magic like last years, but cheers raver- they are the best for me

Hey

I have been using duncs medium training from fm base but for some reason i am being decimated by injuries so i am going to give these a try because the amount of injuries is really spoiling things for me just now.

sorry if this has been asked raver, but have you got any recommendations for lower league veteran players? i know they naturally deteriorate over time, but some of them seem to take an alarimg dip in stat scores even on your light schedules and even when they say they are 'pleased' with their training. thanks for any tips.

Hi, you cant stop the decline, just slow it down. I have found getting older players to look into coaching (ie the staff stats show up whether you employ them or not) seems to help, and playing them. Whether a play is young or old, playing them helps.

Love your schedules Raver. About the best that I've used since fm 2011, although there aren't many around yours is still a standout for me. A lot more emphasis is needed- traning schedules aren't just magic like last years, but cheers raver- they are the best for me

Thanks glad its working for you. I tried a few other peoples schedules, to see if I could improve these, but with out sounding cocky, I got no improvements over what I had been doing. I am playing in the lower leagues at the mo and im happy with the part time schedules, although they have been slightly tinkered with.

Hey

I have been using duncs medium training from fm base but for some reason i am being decimated by injuries so i am going to give these a try because the amount of injuries is really spoiling things for me just now.

Injuries a weird thing, not just down to training. I have found with messing around with schedules and changing them, that players get a few injuries at first, but with time that stops. Its like they are getting use to your training. Which has had me wondering. The good thing is that a year in, players with injury issues were not getting them any more, so the training and tactics seemed to be working.

• 1 month later...

I have used your V4 training schedules in my first season with Newcastle and I have seen major improvements in most of the players :). I used to use Tugs training a few years ago and I would say that this schedule is as good if not better, thanks very much Major Raver :thup:.

I have used your V4 training schedules in my first season with Newcastle and I have seen major improvements in most of the players :). I used to use Tugs training a few years ago and I would say that this schedule is as good if not better, thanks very much Major Raver :thup:.

Glad its working for you and your finding it useful.

• 2 weeks later...
Lite is for players that moan alot and older players that are struggling a bit.

I've been using these on my Dortmund save, half a season in and so far the only players who bitch about their training workload are the ones who're not playing. First team regulars and their back ups seem to be perfectly happy with the training. So I've just ignored the moaners up till now.

What are the major differences between ver3 and ver4 trainings?

Ver 4 is the latest versions with tweaks, in version 4 i have a decent box to box schedule.

For anyone interested I have been playing a game with Dartford and I am over the moon with how the part time schedules have worked out.

I've been using these on my Dortmund save, half a season in and so far the only players who bitch about their training workload are the ones who're not playing. First team regulars and their back ups seem to be perfectly happy with the training. So I've just ignored the moaners up till now.

Glad they are working for you. I find players with poor determination and work rate moan a bit. Also if you ignore moaners for a few months, and tell them to train harder it has a habit of working.

The P/T schedules are working well for me too with Harrow Hill (edited into the BSN)- though I do have as many signed to FT contracts as I was was able.

I used my P/T schedules with Dartford for two seasons and I was chuffed to bits how they work with a team with very poor facilities. Teddy's son Charlie Sherringham, finishing stats went up 3 points in two seasons, as did composure and determination.

Lite is useful for the players who moan alot and for older players as well. Box to Box is for midfielders who cover both ends of the pitch, not a defensive midfielder or Attack midfielder. Forward/Mid is for a deep lying forward who links of the play, still an attacker over a midfielder, Luiz Suarez is a good example of this where as Andy Carroll is a Striker. AMC would be more your Van Der Vaart type player. Don't forget it isn't about players listed position, its about where and how you play them.

Archived