Raver training + sets

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a small question, might have missed it in your text but i read it and searched but could not find the answer. Isn't there a youth schedule for strikers? same with pre-season for strikers (youth) ? I can only see schedules for GK, FB, CB, DMC, AMC (Y).. What am I missing here?

I have a small question, might have missed it in your text but i read it and searched but could not find the answer. Isn't there a youth schedule for strikers? same with pre-season for strikers (youth) ? I can only see schedules for GK, FB, CB, DMC, AMC (Y).. What am I missing here?

Their is a youth schedule for strikers and pre-season, dont know why you can't see one. I didn't do a pre-season wingers on full backs for youth as there is no need for one.

Major Raver - great work setting up schedules.

Just downloaded them and will implement and test on my squad tonight. Hopefully have some feedback tomorrow at some point. Really hoping this will sort my boys out, as everything I try at the moment = fail.

Thanks mate, let me know how you are doing.

Thanks for addressing the concentration issue. This training is like a cheat, most of my players have their attributes increased while not having a single intensive workload related injury such as lifting weights etc. Definitely better overall than Tug's Training. Would recommend people using this.

Thanks for addressing the concentration issue. This training is like a cheat, most of my players have their attributes increased while not having a single intensive workload related injury such as lifting weights etc. Definitely better overall than Tug's Training. Would recommend people using this.

Working well for me, but i wouldn't say that. I've had a few strained wrists from weights etc - mind you, i have nudged a couple of schedules a notch into heavy. The injuries are certainly on the low side (from training i mean; too many in matches, alas).

For the first couple of months the youth schedules seemed to produce a lot of green arrows an d the senior schedules naff all, but I persisted and a while later loads of greens on many players in my senior schedules.

Hiya Mr Raver, using your schedules now and i'm very pleased with them. I hate the Training side of things in FM until someone like you pops up!

I just wanted to ask your opinion on something. I play a 4-4-2 with a classic big / little man combination upfront. I like the big guys training to be focused on strength and heading whereas the other is off the ball and pace pace pace!

Would you put the quick guy on Forw/Mid and the big on Striker?

Cheers!

Hiya Mr Raver, using your schedules now and i'm very pleased with them. I hate the Training side of things in FM until someone like you pops up!

I just wanted to ask your opinion on something. I play a 4-4-2 with a classic big / little man combination upfront. I like the big guys training to be focused on strength and heading whereas the other is off the ball and pace pace pace!

Would you put the quick guy on Forw/Mid and the big on Striker?

Cheers!

If the big guy is holding the ball up and passing it around or laying it off, put him on the Forw / Midf. If the quick guy is just a fast runner to slot the ball in the net, put him on striker. Does that help?

Raver,

Tried your schedules with my Darlington game, started midway through first season and used for a year. Found fairly good attribute growth and no major issues with injuries (although slightly above the standard FM schedules).

I did find that I was getting 2-3 complaints from players about training per month which I batted back to them to train harder to stay at club.

The major issue I had was with a decline in fitness levels of the whole squad. I would often finish the match with nearly all players under 50% condition if I didn't make any substitutions. Obviously Darlington have lower calibre players, coaches and facilities so I've pulled it now and normality seems to have been restored. I'll try again around league one with better players/coaches and let you know how things go.

Thanks,

Andrew

Andrerw,

I think that's FM11 rather than raver's training schedules. In FM10 and before, you could any player run around like a blue-ar5ed fly for 90 mins every game with no consequence. Not now - you have to consider stamina before setting high-tempo box-to-box type tactics.

Raver, I've just completed my first season with your schedules. I can tell how much is down to your schedules, but it is interesting to note what I've just found. I've just booted up ScoutGenie and compared the Best Ratings at the beginning of the season with the Best Ratings at the end. All my players improved between 2 and 6% with the exception of my players over the age of 22. Only one improved; the rest stagnated (no one dropped). Now I only have 6 over 21s in my squad of 44 (started in L8 with a bunch of kids). I haven't checked if physical attributes dropped at the same rate as mental attributes increased, but I thought it interesting, nevertheless.

Andrerw,

I think that's FM11 rather than raver's training schedules. In FM10 and before, you could any player run around like a blue-ar5ed fly for 90 mins every game with no consequence. Not now - you have to consider stamina before setting high-tempo box-to-box type tactics.

Raver, I've just completed my first season with your schedules. I can tell how much is down to your schedules, but it is interesting to note what I've just found. I've just booted up ScoutGenie and compared the Best Ratings at the beginning of the season with the Best Ratings at the end. All my players improved between 2 and 6% with the exception of my players over the age of 22. Only one improved; the rest stagnated (no one dropped). Now I only have 6 over 21s in my squad of 44 (started in L8 with a bunch of kids). I haven't checked if physical attributes dropped at the same rate as mental attributes increased, but I thought it interesting, nevertheless.

Andy, check your team instructions, the training sessions dont tire your players out.

Ive booted a game with Portsmouth, to see how things are going with them with rubbish coaches and facilites. phonompenhandy, who were you playing with? With Ajax I had big improvements with the like of Van Wiel, Suarez, De Zeeuw and De Jong who were over 22.

Hey Raver!

I may have missed it, but is there a youth training schedule for MC? I see DMC and AMC but nothing for inbetween.

Cheers,

cerud

Hi cerud, its because when your players are young you need to concentrate more on certain attributes. So for example if your player is in need of more defensive midfield training then put him on that and vice versa till he becomes a senior player.

Feel free to move your players around schedules as well. I have had a box to box midfielder on that training for most of the season, but wasnt happy with his defensive training, so I put him on DMC for 3 months and they went up so i moved him back to box to box.

• 2 weeks later...

Anybody getting a lot of injury problems?

This is the first time I have used this schedule and I have had a horrific amount of injuries, I've not seen anything like it on any other save when I have used different training set ups.

I've had 11 injured first team players at one time. Never seen anything like it. Is it my sick note team (Liverpool) ?, is it the training? or have I just been horrendously unlucky?

Anybody getting a lot of injury problems?

This is the first time I have used this schedule and I have had a horrific amount of injuries, I've not seen anything like it on any other save when I have used different training set ups.

I've had 11 injured first team players at one time. Never seen anything like it. Is it my sick note team (Liverpool) ?, is it the training? or have I just been horrendously unlucky?

Bump.

Anybody?

Bump.

Anybody?

I am not seeing those injury problems. One of the reasons the training intensity is set to the highest medium and not hard is to cut down on those injuries. When are your injuries happening? If they are in matches it isn't down to the training. Majority of my players are over 92% condition before the start of each month, I never play anyone under as the chances of injuries is higher. Also if in the game a player gets a knock that ups the chances of injury. If a player picks up an injury but not of the red cross type, think about subbing him, esp if his condition has dropped at anytime to the low 70s or lower. Also be careful of bringing back players to quickly. After an injury I put my player on a pre-season training for a couple of weeks, give them a reserve outing and put them on the bench for a couple of games. Seen to many cases of injuried players breaking down first game back.

Also what are you playing instructions? If you have tackling at high a player is more likely to injury himself, as are players on high running settings who have low stamina for example.

I don't play anybody below 95-98% (unless I don't have a choice). The injuries seem to be completely random. I always sub an injured player with a green cross and anybody below 70% after 60mins.

Some of my team are on hard tackling but the injuries are random and there isn't anybody in my squad with low stamina or natural fitness as the tactic I'm using requires high in both areas.

From reading your post I'm thinking that I have a lot of sick notes in my team and have been extremely unlucky as the injuries are all starting to die down now.

Yeh, my two key players have succumbed to serious injuries that rule them out to the end of the season. I don't in any way attribute that to Raver's schedules though. Generally I might have up to 10% (i.e. 5) out with injuries at any one time, a mixture of minor and major, and mixture of injuries sustained playing and training. That all seems balanced to me.

I am playing my first game on a pre-patched version choose River and so far we are struggling with fitness in pre season. But all my players on Ravers pre-season schedule.

As I've only chosen to play Argentina, Denmark and Poland as active leagues. This might have something to do with it. But I can't find a coach that averages better than 11-12 on the attributes that Raver recommended. Mostly the best realistic Coach signings are already in my staff (and I am understaffed) So I am trying to sign coaches like my life depended on it. But have to settle for coaches with maybe

Determination 15 Discipline 13 Motivation 11 Tactical 8 For example

Maybe I need a larger database or something because the staff out there is not bringing in a lot of options.,....

How long does it take before I can take my players off the pre season scheudle?

After just a week many of the players were in superb condition and had moved out of pre-season training and in to full training. Within this week they had played a friendly and a half, and were 10 days after the start game ready for the next friendly at 95% plus and in superb condition..

Have I missed something but isn't the superb indicator for morale

Fitness is indicated in percentages and after my second friendly fittness doesn't look to good for my Riverlitos Many need match practicse and all are suffering and many are on Very Tired will need to be nurturred back into fittness

Have I missed something but isn't the superb indicator for morale

Fitness is indicated in percentages and after my second friendly fittness doesn't look to good for my Riverlitos Many need match practicse and all are suffering and many are on Very Tired will need to be nurturred back into fittness

Theres a line of text on the players personal page (i think) which indicates what his fitness is. Ie Superb Condition, Match Fit, Fit, Lacking Match Practice, Severely Lacking Match Practice and Unfit. (Again as far as i can remember). I think its a seperate thing that runs alongside the fitness %.

1-Will stop stalking me

2- There are mentions about a Set Piece coach or two coaches for Set Pieces the Problem is I don't know how to activate these?

Since there is no box to tick for the coach to focus on Set Pieces can someone help me out here...

Why isn't the Thread Starter Major Raver answering anyhtinhg I also sent him PM?
very high possibility that he has a life and has got other things to do, just a guess
1-Will stop stalking me

2- There are mentions about a Set Piece coach or two coaches for Set Pieces the Problem is I don't know how to activate these?

Since there is no box to tick for the coach to focus on Set Pieces can someone help me out here...

I'll simply look at this as "banter", but please try to keep things on-topic. I shouldn't have to start issuing infractions for silly comments.

I'll simply look at this as "banter", but please try to keep things on-topic. I shouldn't have to start issuing infractions for silly comments.

yeah no worries iv already apoligized, when i wrote this it was a simple answer to me, tho looking back it is a bit blunt.

Sorry to keep repeating myselfs but how do I activate my coaches to handle set pieces as there is no box to tick for this

should I just tick all boxes?

or have them unticked for all boxes?

There is no specific set pieces coaching anymore; that was FM10. All you can do it use the individual skill training for specific set pieces such as corners or free kicks.

The only thing you can do is individual training on free-kicks and corners for each player, you boost those stats.

i've been using these for nearly a whole season now, i have good coaches with good stats but hardly any of my players actually have green improvement arrows. if anything i've had lots of players complaining of high workload

I'm surprised by the players complaining. Do you know what the players workrate and determination stats are like? Seeing green arrows on which screen? Have you gone in to training and looked at the schedules for each training, and the stats on there? I have had many times where I have seen a lack of green arrows on the player profile screen, but on the training screen I see loads and the sats going upwards.

3. I am playing on my second game with Juventus. I have spent and bought the greatest coaches money can buy but I still have a lot of problems with injuries....

As Pictures Below:

injuries.jpg

What are the players conditions when you pick them? Have they picked up slight injuries in a match and you not subbed them? What are the instructions for your tactics? If a player starts a match with his condition being 95% upwards, and by half time he is well in to the 70%'s, it isn't the training that is tiring him out and making prone to injuies, but the tactics he is on mixed with his stats making him phyisically drained. No training schedule in the world is going to get a player bombing up and down the pitch for 90 minutes, when he has low stamina stats and then expect him not to pick up knocks and the like.

Maybe worth you looking at these players and seeing if they have injury histories, your tactics are to intensive or they have low stats. I had one guy moan on another site about my schedules and how my fullback training were killing his wingbacks. The fact he had the bombing up and down and tackling on high, mixed with lowish stamina and high aggresive, was in his book all my training schedules.

Their is a lot more to each player than just training them. Some players will moan or need lower training, esp older players. I had my Forw/Mid training and lowered it one notch for Kanu, and I have actually managed to get some of his stats to go up. At an old age that doesn't happen a lot, but you cant be expected him to do the same as a 21 year old with high work rate and stamina stats.

Why isn't the Thread Starter Major Raver answering anyhtinhg I also sent him PM?

Because I have never seen a PM from you or received one. I would answer if I had, that I can promise you, no reason not to.

Not been in the tread much over the past week or so as I am working on part time schedules and other full time schedules, like for example a schedule for older players, wing backs, and different kinds of centre backs. I am waiting till patch 11.3 to come out and check they work before posting them all up.

As I said if I get a PM I will answer it.

Archived