Raver training + sets

If I'm right, this tactics issue only effects people who constantly edit/change their tactic and swap between 2 or 3 (the issue being it defaults back rather than saving).

I'm using on tactic. Don't ever change it. So not affected. Other than the duplication of 'current' which keeps appearing.

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If I'm right, this tactics issue only effects people who constantly edit/change their tactic and swap between 2 or 3 (the issue being it defaults back rather than saving).

I'm using on tactic. Don't ever change it. So not affected. Other than the duplication of 'current' which keeps appearing.

First of all sorry for the off-topic, but i need to ask u this.

As i understood, u only use 1 tactic and u never suffer with settings being change or set-piece positioning and aiming, am i right? What if u make a tweak in ur current tactic.

If I make any changes to a tactic, I save the tactic.

I've got to be honest - all I know is, nothing is muddled up for me. I still don't fully understand what the problem is. If you or anyone can break down the bug then I'll double and triple check tonight.

i really don´t know either. This is really taking all my willing to play the game, but i will try to do what u say.

Thanks mate.

From what I've noticed so far, the CB schedule seems to be working well, as I'm seeing good improvements there. However, a lot of my strikers' concentration attributes seem to be nosediving, so maybe a little more tweaking in that area.

Raver - any comment on the above? You seen an issue with concentration attributes?

I think the reason is 'defense' training for strikers is set to very low, and concentration is in that schedule.

Spot on with that. The thing is Urbanjunkie its about getting the attributes up for the stats that matter in each position. If you up Defending and lower Shooting, your end up with a great forward who can tackle, but cant hit a barn door from 5 yards, so it becomes a balancing act. With the right coaches and set up, the defending training shouldn't drop to much if at all though. How are the other stats going?

After going on holiday for a couple of seasons, Daniel Sturridge's concentration went down to 3. All strikers seemed to take a concentration hit, but his was worst. He didn't seem to improve much elsewhere either. Sorry, I don't like to criticise too much as I'm grateful for the effort, but the forward schedule definitely needs some work.

After going on holiday for a couple of seasons, Daniel Sturridge's concentration went down to 3. All strikers seemed to take a concentration hit, but his was worst. He didn't seem to improve much elsewhere either. Sorry, I don't like to criticise too much as I'm grateful for the effort, but the forward schedule definitely needs some work.

Hey criticising, when constructive is great, so no offence what so ever taken. I have a look into this Jimmy today for you and see what I get. You still using Ver 1?

I'm using v2. I'm only up to Sep 1 of 2010 and everything looks okay for me too except dark red arrows for strikers' defence (i.e. the concentration issue).

Ive tweaked that mate, and your be pleased to know i'm running with a box to box midfielder setting and a deeper striker as well. On a big old test, all looking very good at the moment, and if that continues it will be up tonight. Concentration issue has been dealt with, very happy with it now.

Right here is version 3, that sorts out the concentration issue, adds a box to box midfielder one and also a creative striker, instead of just a normal striker setting.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/rs484bxl6zmcmbt/Raver%20Training%20Setups%20Ver%203.tsh

I am really happy with the results for this.

I am thinking of uploading my formations, they are working great to.

Have been lurking in this thread following progress.

In your opinion, are you happy that the box-to-box schedule will be fine with a bog-standard MC on "defend" or "support" roles?

My instincts tell me "yes", because there's a lot of key attributes used in the box-to-box role. The only key attribute that role doesn't highlight, compared to a standard MC role is creativity. I'm assuming that will be covered in the settings you've applied though?

Now, regarding older players, of which I have quite a few. Managing declining physical attributes can always be problematic, but are there any merits to using the more physically intensive pre-season schedules with older players, or the normal schedules?

have just set all my players to v3 on 31st December 2011 in my Telford save, so will have a look how they fare over the remainder of the season.

I'm with heathxxx (as per usual). I've loaded up v3. In my Raver Striker schedule I have my 29 year old senior striker and my 18 year old one. The physical atts are dropping for the older one. They do need to on different schedules, as SFraser has in his set. I'm interpreting your schedules as Striker = targetman, poacher and attacking forward, with my deep-lying forwards on the AM/STR schedule - is that right?

I use a 4-3-3 formation with 3 central midfielders. My one midfielder with decent stamina has a box-to-box role - I notice that schedule is fairly light on aerobic whereas I'd have thought that was key. My other midfielders are not AMC, DMC or B2B, so I'm wondering along with heath if there's an appropriate schedule for them.

Finally, you gave your schedules for forwards some 'defence' to sort out the concentration drop, but you forgot the youth schedule, which still has 0 defending.

One question - when I deleted v2 and installed v3 I noticed in a lot of schedules players had red arrows for strength and aerobics so I nudged both up one notch (which nudged schedules from medium into heavy). Did you change any str/aer bars for v3? I'm thinking not, but if you did I'd better drop them back down.

For the youth striker training, I just dropped strength and aerobic back a notch each and defending up until just before the overall went to heavy, if you catch my drift ;)

Overall, still of the opinion that for attribute growth, there's no substitute for exposure to competitive football on a regular basis for development. That said though, well organised schedules can help shape where attributes gain to a degree.

These look well thought out on the whole, though like anything, there can always be personalised improvements made for those willing to go into detail.

For the youth striker training, I just dropped strength and aerobic back a notch each and defending up until just before the overall went to heavy, if you catch my drift ;)

Overall, still of the opinion that for attribute growth, there's no substitute for exposure to competitive football on a regular basis for development. That said though, well organised schedules can help shape where attributes gain to a degree.

These look well thought out on the whole, though like anything, there can always be personalised improvements made for those willing to go into detail.

I agree with you Heath, that all the traing in the world isn't enough without the experience of playing. All the youngster's that are playing are improving quicker than those not. As for your comments on personal improvements, I have noticed that in one game one player moaned about the workload being to high, then on a new game the same player on the same training was very happy. You have to adapt your training, for each game, each player each time.

I agree with you Heath, that all the traing in the world isn't enough without the experience of playing. All the youngster's that are playing are improving quicker than those not. As for your comments on personal improvements, I have noticed that in one game one player moaned about the workload being to high, then on a new game the same player on the same training was very happy. You have to adapt your training, for each game, each player each time.

So do you actually adjust and reduce the workload of the ones complaining?

i´m having too much injuries. I´ve tried to reduce the schedules but injuries keep coming. Any ideas? On the other hand players are having a good development with this schedueles. Good work Major.

Im surprised to hear about the injuries, as the schedules are in the medium section you should be ok. Are the players back to match fitness before you put them in the starting line up?

No I tell them to train harder. If one or two are complaining it it them, not the schedules that need sorting.

Actually it seems to be a bit of an exploit in FM11 that you can flay a player for not training hard enough with no ill effects. He'll either apologise (and not actually train any harder) or object, in which case you bck down and no harm is done.

I don't tend to worry too much when players are complaining about the workload of a schedule. It's usually more to do with how many games a team is playing at a particular time, I've noticed. As Major Raver mentioned though, if you're worried about it, you can drop the training intensity temporarily, as easily as using the main "workload" slider that will drop all the sliders down at once, then back up again when your match schedule is more normal. Although, I've been happy to leave things as they are.

I do notice my older players are more likely to complain though. Again, I'm not too concerned because I've yet to see a player's morale drop or demand a manager chat because they're unhappy with their workload. I actually prefer my older players to remain on the levels of the schedules Major Raver has used, because along with regular participation in matches, it's helping to maintain all their attributes longer. I'm not seeing physicals drop so quickly.

Of course, different players may respond to any schedule you use differently. This is neither the fault of the default schedules or Major Raver's schedules, if you're using them. In the main, it has more to do with the players themselves. If they're not benefiting from any schedule and they should be gaining, then they possibly have poor hidden attributes, such as low professionalism. If that's the case, there really isn't much you can do. If they're young players, you can try tutoring them with a senior player with better personality traits, but that's about it.

Regarding injuries though, again I feel that regularity of injuries usually has more to do with the players than any faults with a particular schedule. If they're prone to injuries, they're prone to injuries. Scouts and coaches will give you an indication of that in their reports. What you need to decide, is how much of a risk you're prepared to take. Do you want to take the chance they will/won't get injured with a more intense schedule, or do you take a safer approach, reduce the intensity and hope that will reduce the risk of injuries?

These decisions are all in your hands and you're able to adapt things to suit your players, just as you are with tactics. How much detail you want to go into is entirely up to the individual playing the game (you the user). Personally, I'm happy with the levels set in these schedules, even to the extent I'm prepared to risk injuries with players who are possibly injury prone. The potential benefits outweigh the potential negatives for me and I don't mind gambling a little.

In addition to that, if I find I do have a player who seems to suffer continually from injuries, suggesting he's really prone to them, then my answer is usually to sell them on. It's the same principal I would take if I played a save managing Man Utd... Owen Hargreaves would likely be one of the first players out the door, because I already know he's going to have a bad injury proneness rating. ;)

I've tried to tell the complainers to work harder a lot of times but they would still be unhappy with the workload and their morale would never get higher than good and would drop all the time to okay, i guess that i should just get rid of them and get players that are not lazy.

I've put those on generic schedules just to shut them up.

btw what exactly is the Forw/Mid schedule?

just curious.

E:

is this one more for the target man type and striker is poacher or whats the deal here?

Not sure if I interpreted it correctly, but I'm using the FWD/MID schedule for my deep-lying forwards (which is my most common type), with poachers, target men and the rest in the other one. Defensive forwards would probably go in the former if i had any.

Not sure if I interpreted it correctly, but I'm using the FWD/MID schedule for my deep-lying forwards (which is my most common type), with poachers, target men and the rest in the other one. Defensive forwards would probably go in the former if i had any.

Sorry I should of exampled things better. If you are after a poacher, a man to put the ball in the back of the net then you want him on "Striker" training. If you want your forward to drop deep pick up the ball and set up his strike partner then you want the Forw / Mid training. Its more striker based than the AMC training.

I've tried to tell the complainers to work harder a lot of times but they would still be unhappy with the workload and their morale would never get higher than good and would drop all the time to okay, i guess that i should just get rid of them and get players that are not lazy.

I've put those on generic schedules just to shut them up.

These schedules arn't over intensive, so if you have a couple moaning then its the players. My only moaner for example at Ajax is Mido, need I say any more, lol. The other option is to copy the schedule, and then lower the overall training by one notch and save it under another name.

As for me Mido is stuck on the training schedule till I get shot of him.

Sorry I should of exampled things better. If you are after a poacher, a man to put the ball in the back of the net then you want him on "Striker" training. If you want your forward to drop deep pick up the ball and set up his strike partner then you want the Forw / Mid training. Its more striker based than the AMC training.

ok thanks, now i just need to finish one damn season to give you feedback on some training results :)

This is critical

I have 6 strikers in my squad from age 19-32. All of them have lost a point in concentration after being on the schedules for 4 months. I noticed Defense training for them is set to none and I was shocked ( strikers need to defend nowadays you know :D )

In fact, is this the reason behind the massive concentration drop for my strikers? My facilities and staff are average.

This is critical

I have 6 strikers in my squad from age 19-32. All of them have lost a point in concentration after being on the schedules for 4 months. I noticed Defense training for them is set to none and I was shocked ( strikers need to defend nowadays you know :D )

In fact, is this the reason behind the massive concentration drop for my strikers? My facilities and staff are average.

Right here is version 3, that sorts out the concentration issue, adds a box to box midfielder one and also a creative striker, instead of just a normal striker setting.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/rs484bxl6zmcmbt/Raver%20Training%20Setups%20Ver%203.tsh

I am really happy with the results for this.

I am thinking of uploading my formations, they are working great to.

Green Goblin, did you try this version?

Major Raver, you really should update in the OP.

Archived