Raver training + sets

Theres a line of text on the players personal page (i think) which indicates what his fitness is. Ie Superb Condition, Match Fit, Fit, Lacking Match Practice, Severely Lacking Match Practice and Unfit. (Again as far as i can remember). I think its a seperate thing that runs alongside the fitness %.

Spot on Jozza!

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i've been using these for nearly a whole season now, i have good coaches with good stats but hardly any of my players actually have green improvement arrows. if anything i've had lots of players complaining of high workload

Can you give me a screen shot of the coaches you have and the schedules they are on?

Injuries are just that and not related to the sets IMO. Not this one. Couple of seasons played and hardly any major major injuries. Just one or two players that are prone to picking up knocks.

Its when the injuries are happening. If in a match or the day after a match, it is more tactic's related than anything to do with training. If a player has been hurt by another in training, it isn't the training but the player's fault. Its interesting how many players get injuried through actual training. How many people are putting players on the pre-season schedule when a player comes back from injury, and slowly get them back to superb condition, or do you just throw them straight in the deep end? Seems UrbanJunkie, you know what your doing if your keeping your injuries down to a minimum.

• 2 weeks later...

I have tweaked with the sets, and added a whole load of extra sets, including Part-Time, and slightly lighter version for the lazy moaning players who don't like a bit of hard work. Also added to this I have a list of instructions on what to do with Match Preperation and the like to aid development. I have done a lot of testing with teams that don't have the greatest facilites or resorces and the results are great, I am really happy with them.

So where is it all, well i'm waiting for the new patch to see if anything has changed to effect training, don't seem to be getting an answer from anyone in the meantime to let me know.

If nothing has changed this will be uploaded the same time as the patch.

Hi Major Raver,

I know what schedules to put my defenders and strikers on, but what schedules would you advise for the following...?

MC - Deep-Lying Playmaker

MC - Advanced Playmaker

AMR/L - Inside Forwards

AMC - Trequarista

Any help would be appreciated. Cheers :D

Hi, I just downloaded the v3 of your schedules ... and I don't see a youth winger schedule in there. Am I missing something somewhere?

Also, I don't see a schedule for a normal MC (or MCa if you prefer) in either the youth schedules or the senior schedule. I see the DMC and AMC ones, and box2box one. Is that the one you use for your non-DMC and non-AMC midfielders? If so, which one do you put your youth MC in, since the youth schedule doesn't have a box2box version either.

Edit: Oops, didn't realise that there was a whole second page of posts. You've answered my first question about youth-wingers already.

Hi Major Raver,

I know what schedules to put my defenders and strikers on, but what schedules would you advise for the following...?

MC - Deep-Lying Playmaker - AMC

MC - Advanced Playmaker - Mid/For

AMR/L - Inside Forwards - Mid/For

AMC - Trequarista - Mid For

Any help would be appreciated. Cheers :D

I set up the Mid/Forw schedule for forward players that need a lot of attcking midfield type training, but unlike AMC needs decent training in finishing and compsure for example.

Hi, I just downloaded the v3 of your schedules ... and I don't see a youth winger schedule in there. Am I missing something somewhere?

Also, I don't see a schedule for a normal MC (or MCa if you prefer) in either the youth schedules or the senior schedule. I see the DMC and AMC ones, and box2box one. Is that the one you use for your non-DMC and non-AMC midfielders? If so, which one do you put your youth MC in, since the youth schedule doesn't have a box2box version either.

Edit: Oops, didn't realise that there was a whole second page of posts. You've answered my first question about youth-wingers already.

Youth schedules are about boosting a range of stats that will be important for when the player is older, so they are less in nitty in detail, hence why less of them. For me midfielders come in to certain rolls, a DMC being a defensive holding type (Essien, Mikel), a AMC is more attacking (Lampard), whilst a player that moves from one end of the pitch to the other (Gerrard, Fabregas) is more your box to box type midfielder. I don't think you have the Ray Wilkins type crab midfielder anymore that sits in the centre circle and moves from side to side a bit, but never forward or back. Best training is for the roll you see your player playing, as I think they cover each one. If for example you like a wide midfielder to hug the wing, have him as a winger, if you have one who comes in to the middle all the time, pick AMC, if you have one that gettings forward up the wing but also comes back to help the full back then maybe try box2box. The training schedules are there not for the players position but how you want them to play the game for you.

Now that the new patch is out I shall be releasing a final version of the schedules with full details on how to use them and how to improve your players, especially the younger guys. I've spent a lot of time working on this and believe the schedules themselves only touch the sides, that you as manager have a bigger part to play in the players development in FM2011.

This should all be posted up over the weekend.

Youth schedules are about boosting a range of stats that will be important for when the player is older, so they are less in nitty in detail, hence why less of them. For me midfielders come in to certain rolls, a DMC being a defensive holding type (Essien, Mikel), a AMC is more attacking (Lampard), whilst a player that moves from one end of the pitch to the other (Gerrard, Fabregas) is more your box to box type midfielder. I don't think you have the Ray Wilkins type crab midfielder anymore that sits in the centre circle and moves from side to side a bit, but never forward or back. Best training is for the roll you see your player playing, as I think they cover each one. If for example you like a wide midfielder to hug the wing, have him as a winger, if you have one who comes in to the middle all the time, pick AMC, if you have one that gettings forward up the wing but also comes back to help the full back then maybe try box2box. The training schedules are there not for the players position but how you want them to play the game for you.

Thanks for the detailed answer. Much appreciated :)

What contracts are the players on?

they're all full time pro. contracts so i guess that's why i can' use them.thanx.

by the way i've been on the sched. for 2 months now.nothing major to comment on,yet.i'll report any changes.

one of my players is unhappy about the training.if i manually decrease his regime one notch manually through his profile,does it change only his schedule or the whole team schedule?

thanx in advance

they're all full time pro. contracts so i guess that's why i can' use them.thanx.

by the way i've been on the sched. for 2 months now.nothing major to comment on,yet.i'll report any changes.

one of my players is unhappy about the training.if i manually decrease his regime one notch manually through his profile,does it change only his schedule or the whole team schedule?

thanx in advance

Changes the whole schedule. In the new set coming out at the weekend, I have a "Lite" Schedule for all the lazy players who like a good old moan.

Changes the whole schedule. In the new set coming out at the weekend, I have a "Lite" Schedule for all the lazy players who like a good old moan.

:)

that's good to know.but on the bright side,at least i know who i should get rid of now.

thanx for the quick reply..

Hi Raver,

Just need to know.... is there any kind of schedule in your new set just for veteren player?

If not, can you give some advice to set the schedule for them?

Cheers mate... :-)

Hi Raver,

Just need to know.... is there any kind of schedule in your new set just for veteren player?

If not, can you give some advice to set the schedule for them?

Cheers mate... :-)

Put them on the normal settings. I put Kanu on Midf/Att schedule and some of his stats actually went up in the first season.

Hello mate. Ive been using the existing set of training in the 11.2 patch and they have been fantastic. How do these work in the 11.3 patch ( I have yet to patch up ). Would it be better for me to use your new schedules if I am happy with the existiing ones? What are the differences apart from the "lazy" players - who I ignore anyway!!

Sorry guys, got caught up with a busy weekend, missus birthday and a bit more testing. Hoping all will be up tonight around 8.30 (GMT). Have tested and all working great for me.

For Ass Manager Lecksa, you need Motivation, Tactical Knowledge, Determination, Judging the players current knowledge, and I like to have him top class in one of the coaching sections, like a 20 for attacking or defending.

I also like to have a youth team coach who is the same as above but is high with with working with youngsters, and also Judging a players potential.

I`m in a hurry! :). Raver - will you be calling them the same as before or new names? Just wondered cos If I put the new ones into my documents/sports ineteracive/schedules and they are the same name will it cause problems?

Delete the old ones. The file is called Final Version, but the schedules inside are called the same, bar the new ones of course.

Tried out Ver 3 on 11.3 patch, for some reason the medium load schedule now turns out to be heavy. The players are not injured, but they are constantly below 100% fitness. Still fine-tuning to see how this works out. Interestingly, I fired 2 coaches so that they can make way for another 2 that I wanted to hire. But the board killed off that by saying there are sufficient coaches around. How can that be? I just fired 2 to make space!

Tried out Ver 3 on 11.3 patch, for some reason the medium load schedule now turns out to be heavy. The players are not injured, but they are constantly below 100% fitness. Still fine-tuning to see how this works out. Interestingly, I fired 2 coaches so that they can make way for another 2 that I wanted to hire. But the board killed off that by saying there are sufficient coaches around. How can that be? I just fired 2 to make space!

When you ask a new coach for contract, you can see (to the right) how many coaches you have and how many the board will allow you to have.

If this number is more or equal to the number the board allows, you cannot hire any new.

You could try to ask the board for more coaches.

Archived