Raver training + sets

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wahay! Good timing MR. I've just started a new 11.3 save and am in pre-season.

MR - I have some young 15 year-old lads in my youth squad who are physically undeveloped. Do you recommend I keep them on the pre-season schedule for the season, or will that break them?

Just finishing the write up, but the files are here. Sorry for any delays it has been a manic week, all that could go wrong has!

http://www.mediafire.com/?q7dz3shrkv7dqib

The Lite versions are for the moaning players. I will post a write up in the opening post, most likely in the morning.

So the lite version is for players who complain about the training load?

Wahay! Good timing MR. I've just started a new 11.3 save and am in pre-season.

MR - I have some young 15 year-old lads in my youth squad who are physically undeveloped. Do you recommend I keep them on the pre-season schedule for the season, or will that break them?

Could stick them on pre-season for a couple of months mid season if you want. I do if I play in a country that has a winter break.

Could stick them on pre-season for a couple of months mid season if you want. I do if I play in a country that has a winter break.

they do play weekly matches in the youth league. I'll experiment. will they pick up injuries, get jaded or develop in an unbalanced way, or will their physical development accelerate? I'll try for a few game months and report back.

Hey.. Just wanted to ask, have you made any Part-Time training schedules? I though I read on the first page that you had, but didn't find any one in v4. I'm crossing my fingers that you have made one :)

I did make a set but never released them as I hadn't tested them properly mate.

im still getting a lot of complaints from players about their schedules version 4 on 11.3. plus i find that theres a fair few that struggle for fitness. some players cant even string two games together without being completely knackered. which is a total ball ache when they are your best players and theres no decent replacement.

my prime example is david silva on my network game. hes shagged after one match! as were renato augusto and arturo vidal in a different game im playing. really frustrating when my team depends on them week in week out. any suggestions major?

im still getting a lot of complaints from players about their schedules version 4 on 11.3. plus i find that theres a fair few that struggle for fitness. some players cant even string two games together without being completely knackered. which is a total ball ache when they are your best players and theres no decent replacement.

my prime example is david silva on my network game. hes shagged after one match! as were renato augusto and arturo vidal in a different game im playing. really frustrating when my team depends on them week in week out. any suggestions major?

What instructions do you have them on for tactics? What is the percentage of fitness before the game, at half time and at the end?

Hey.. Just wanted to ask, have you made any Part-Time training schedules? I though I read on the first page that you had, but didn't find any one in v4. I'm crossing my fingers that you have made one :)

I upload them some where for you if you want to test them out and give me some feedback?

I upload them some where for you if you want to test them out and give me some feedback?

Sure that would be awesome. I have a horrible setup at my current club - can't get any decent coaches but I guess that's part of the fun of being a LLM :)

I don't know how much time I have to play, and I'm a slow player. But I can give feedback whenever I get through half a season.

it just seems to be a select few of decent midfielders. silvas natural fitness is 11 admittedly but surely he can string two games together without needing a rest? hes 26 for gods sake and a proffesional footballer! ha ha.

worryingly, renato augustos stat plummeted when i put him on the box2box set! heres proof-

RenatoAugustoProfile_Attributes.png

Maybe he is not suited to that particular training regime? One thing that is becoming clear with FM11 and training is that it is about choosing the right schedule for a certain player - just because he is not playing in an AM role does not mean that a AM Schedule will not suit him and allow his stats to improve.

Sure that would be awesome. I have a horrible setup at my current club - can't get any decent coaches but I guess that's part of the fun of being a LLM :)

I don't know how much time I have to play, and I'm a slow player. But I can give feedback whenever I get through half a season.

All I'm looking for is they are working for you and helping, and not causing an increase on injuries. I try and upload them tonight.

Maybe he is not suited to that particular training regime? One thing that is becoming clear with FM11 and training is that it is about choosing the right schedule for a certain player - just because he is not playing in an AM role does not mean that a AM Schedule will not suit him and allow his stats to improve.

Agree with that, and like I posted in the first post you have to find schedules that suit players and how your playing. In the old days you could download a 4-4-2 tactic with wingers, download a training schedule and then expect your player to play there and improve. Don't happen any more. As for Silva being unfit, what instructions have you got him on? I had someone saying my schedules had ruinned Downing the other week, that he couldn't play two games on the bounce, and was adament it had nothing to do with his tactics of hard tackling, bombing up and down the wing on a very quick tempo! Like I said in the opening post, if your player is uninjuried and his conditon has dropped massively after the match, it isn't the training at fault but the player struggling in the tactical settings you have got him playing.

Hi Raver, and congratulations for your work, I really appreciate it. By the way, I just need to figure out some schedules' name, like for example Forw/Mid and Box2Box ( think I almost got there :p, in my game that role has another name ( i'm from Italy ) ).

And about the Light version of your schedules, should I set them whenever a player of mine has to recover from an injury, or if he feels unsatisfied with his training regime?

Sorry for my english, thanks in advance.

Hi Raver, and congratulations for your work, I really appreciate it. By the way, I just need to figure out some schedules' name, like for example Forw/Mid and Box2Box ( think I almost got there :p, in my game that role has another name ( i'm from Italy ) ).

And about the Light version of your schedules, should I set them whenever a player of mine has to recover from an injury, or if he feels unsatisfied with his training regime?

Sorry for my english, thanks in advance.

Hi Wiper, your English is better than most, lol. The Lite versions can be used for players who are struggling or moaning things are to tough, or after a string of games you might want to put him on slightly lower training.

Box2Box is for midfielders who have the stamina and instructions to run from one end of the pitch to the other, Moussa Sissoko, Fabregas, Gerrard is good on this schedule for example. A DMC training would suit Essien, De Rossi, whilst a AMC schedule would suit Lampard, Inestia, Xavi.

Forw/Mid is more for your creative attacker, who drops back a bit to start up the attacking play. Messi, Suarez, Rooney would be good for this, where as the striker role is more for Defoe, Crouch, Carroll, Villa.

Forw/Mid is more for your creative attacker, who drops back a bit to start up the attacking play. Messi, Suarez, Rooney would be good for this, where as the striker role is more for Defoe, Crouch, Carroll, Villa.

So hit me if i'm wrong but if i have all a round striker with advanced forward attack duty i should consider this forw/mid schedule?

Btw thanks for these new schedules, i will try these.

i've just finished my season with the tactic.

won the champs league with galatasray.

and the domestic league needless to say.pretty much dominated everygame even if i didn't win at the end.

made no tweaks other than setting the striker to move into channels untweak the hold up ball.sometimes to come from deep when i use standard or atacking.

and i changed width when i thought needed it.and tempo and time wasting from time to time.

very dominant tactic thats for sure.

really enjoyed playing with it..

i'll try to post screenshots when i have time..

and the domestic league needless to say.pretty much dominated everygame even if i didn't win at the end.

made no tweaks other than setting the striker to move into channels untweak the hold up ball.sometimes to come from deep when i use standard or atacking.

and i changed width when i thought needed it.and tempo and time wasting from time to time.

WtF!!!?!!??

Perfect... Thanks a million. I will give it a shot and see how it goes :)

Hope it works for you. Give me any feedback and I will see if I can help you in any way. I like my schedules to play out for at least 2 seasons, as this starts to show if they work, no schedules are instant anymore. My Havant & Waterlooville game only went one season, hence why these schedules need more testing and feedback.

HAHA! my bad with this thread,it was meant for another post.

by the way i'm using your new version schedules for a season now.seems to be working pretty good.

some moaners still moan despite the lite schedule..and they be off to a new club where they can sit on the pitch and watch the sun instead of working for all i care.what i^ll do is send screenshots of younsters improvements which is what i look for most importantly regarding trainigs.

sorry again for the mix up.it was very late in the night ;)

HAHA! my bad with this thread,it was meant for another post.

by the way i'm using your new version schedules for a season now.seems to be working pretty good.

some moaners still moan despite the lite schedule..and they be off to a new club where they can sit on the pitch and watch the sun instead of working for all i care.what i^ll do is send screenshots of younsters improvements which is what i look for most importantly regarding trainigs.

sorry again for the mix up.it was very late in the night ;)

Lol, no problems, glad the schedules are doing ok for you.

I'm having a little trouble with both part time and youth traning. I find it difficult to place MC and ML/R, as there are only AM or DM training schedules. Anybody that can help, and explain what i'm missing?

Cheers for the schedules, much appreciated, just one question. How long do you use the pre season ones for? All the way through pre season or just until the first few friendlies?

I usually change a few days before the last pre-season game, as long as the players are listed as match fit or better.

I'm having a little trouble with both part time and youth traning. I find it difficult to place MC and ML/R, as there are only AM or DM training schedules. Anybody that can help, and explain what i'm missing?

With part time and youth team training its not about training down to the nitty gritty. You are only concentrating on the major elements of the players abilities. You dont have MC that sits in the centre circle anymore, they either have a defensive mind set or attacking one. If its a box to box midfielder then you need to spend the time working on the stats most lacking. Nothing to stop a 16 year old midfielder doing a year on amc training and then a year working on his defensive side.

As for ml/r its the same. Like I have writtern in the opening post instructions, FM11 is not a game that has magic schedules for a position on the pitch. You need to look at how a players plays, have abilities and your tactical instructions. Most complaints I have are people who are asking the players to do the impossible. If my young m/l for example looks capable of being a winger, then train him on amc, but if he is isn't strong enough to be a winger you need to look at what midfield stats need working on and his future playing role for you.

Look at Man Utd, Wes Brown, John O'Shea, and the Brazilian twins all play at fullback positions, but the training and match instructions for each player is different. The first two more defensive than the Brazilian pair. Wes Brown for example couldnt play the same way as them for 90minutes, it would kill him.

Thanks for the answer, sorry i'm first replying now.

But with the changes to FM11, its quite difficult to train your players - guess that's a good thing :)

Although it means that I have to get a better understanding of how players are categorized, which I guess I will learn as I play. ;)

I have played 3 months and first off - the pre-season training is gold. Tried one without and my players were dieing the first month of the season, this time they are always the most fit teams in the league and almost able to play 90 mins and then again 3 days later for a new match.

Now on the individual training a few players have been losing stats, but my guess is that they are not placed correctly or just lacy - having 2 players that complains all the time on part-time training. But the majority of the players are progressing fine.

My goalkeepers on the other hand are not having the same luck, they are really having a hard time evolving but again I have only 3 months played.

I will report back, when I'm at half season :)

Thanks for the answer, sorry i'm first replying now.

But with the changes to FM11, its quite difficult to train your players - guess that's a good thing :)

Although it means that I have to get a better understanding of how players are categorized, which I guess I will learn as I play. ;)

I have played 3 months and first off - the pre-season training is gold. Tried one without and my players were dieing the first month of the season, this time they are always the most fit teams in the league and almost able to play 90 mins and then again 3 days later for a new match.

Now on the individual training a few players have been losing stats, but my guess is that they are not placed correctly or just lacy - having 2 players that complains all the time on part-time training. But the majority of the players are progressing fine.

My goalkeepers on the other hand are not having the same luck, they are really having a hard time evolving but again I have only 3 months played.

I will report back, when I'm at half season :)

Thanks for the feedback Kegus. It takes time for training to show its true worth. If a player has been injured for a couple of weeks or morale has been shot to bits, or just playing bad, then expect red arrows and some stats dropping. He will get worse if that happens. My assistant said for example at the end of the month, who had trained well and who hadn't. Two hadn't, one of wished I told to try harder and the other was injured for two weeks of the month, so just left him and kept an eye. The following month both had improved. You have to expect the odd down time, its how you handle that matters and reaps the awards later on. I have trained players over 2 years and seen great jumps with these schedules, and I am happy to use them, but I have had months within those two years that have red arrows and stats dropping. The key to good development is keeping your players fit but seeing them improve over time to where you want them to be. Every player though will have bad patches and injuries and you have to expect a drop off when that happens.

I'm only up to November 2010. I have a squad of exceptionally professional and fit youngsters. I've been getting very few training injuries and the usual number of match injuries. What I've noticed so far is that pre-season schedules boost physical attributes lovely, but when you switch to regular schedules (both youth and main schedules) the physical atts crash as the technical ones rise. Given that my players seem tolerant, I've nudged most of the schedules up a notch of STR and AER. If it leads to injuries or knackeredness I'll revert back.

I'm only up to November 2010. I have a squad of exceptionally professional and fit youngsters. I've been getting very few training injuries and the usual number of match injuries. What I've noticed so far is that pre-season schedules boost physical attributes lovely, but when you switch to regular schedules (both youth and main schedules) the physical atts crash as the technical ones rise. Given that my players seem tolerant, I've nudged most of the schedules up a notch of STR and AER. If it leads to injuries or knackeredness I'll revert back.

I play around to mate, knock mine up and down a notch here and there depending on the players, and glad you are adapting them to suit your style. I have been playing with using the pre-season schedules through January, I do anyway if I play in a country that has a winter break.

Be aware that you will get rises and drops in stats, that the true picture of how effective the training has been comes in after a few seasons. I have to sort out some screen shots on how players have improved after 3 seasons, I am really happy with what has happened.

I used the editor and a Young Stars database to create a very young squad. Of my full squad of 35, about 24 are on the youth schedules. Of those, about 10 are actually aged 14 and thus are poised to spend a full 3 years on your youth schedule! So it it does pay dividends, I'll know about it!

Loved your schedules, but I'm having massive injury problem with this version. In a month since switching, I have players totalling over 4 years of injury time. I've been forced to play with up to 4 players from my reserves and youth just to cover places. Also killed my top striker for 7 months as part of that 4 year total. I haven't changed anything else other than the training so it leads me to believe this is the factor. Anyone else with a team that requires duct tape to hold together?

Loved your schedules, but I'm having massive injury problem with this version. In a month since switching, I have players totalling over 4 years of injury time. I've been forced to play with up to 4 players from my reserves and youth just to cover places. Also killed my top striker for 7 months as part of that 4 year total. I haven't changed anything else other than the training so it leads me to believe this is the factor. Anyone else with a team that requires duct tape to hold together?

I have played in total over 25 seasons plus, using the likes of Portsmouth, Ajax, Barcelona, Torquay & Havant & Waterlooville, and I have not seen these injury problems once. What are your tactics like, the way you line up and that, and what are the stats like for your star striker? When I joined Barcelona they had Fernando Torres, I got shot because in 3 months he was always injured, but his injury record before I joined and when he was at Chelsea was the same, very injury prone. So it wasn't my training, in that period for example I think Villa who was 34 but playing all the time, missed a couple of weeks in total and Messi a month, which I think is pretty good for 18 months.

Have you tried putting the players with a record of being injured a bit on the lite versions and taking down the lite versions an extra notch?

Archived