dafuge's FM11 challenge

FC_United.png

Dafuge's FM11 Challenge - FC United

2011/12 - Blue Square Bet North

Original Profile

Deciding to give this challenge a whirl once again. Successfully completed it with Dartford with last years edition and I thoroughly enjoyed it more than any other save I had. So I might as well head back to something I already know I enjoy. I've chosen FC United, which I'm aware, are kinda good-ish for the BSN, however I'm not bothered about that and I look forward to eventually knocking Man Utd off their perch (..although it's going to be City on that perch by the time I get to the EPL I imagine.)

The first season was really to be about me re-shaping the club. Personnel changes throughout the club, finances in order and hopefully we could assemble a team that would at least challenge for promotion.

League Table

League Positions Graph

The season went fine in all honesty. We got some decent players in and got rid of the majority of the deadwood. Our results definitely were a bit inconsistent but I take the blame for that ultimately. We began putting in some strong performances around the mid-way point and we looked like we might take top spot and hold on to it but unfortunately it wasn't to be. In the end we had to be satisfied with the play-offs. We reached the final, took the lead, dominated the first half and then for whatever reason (either my team-talk was dreadful or the opposition manager earned his money big time) they destroyed us in the second half, got the goal back and took us to penalties, which they won. Hard luck but I'm confident for next season.

Prediction position: 20th

Final league position: 4th

FA Cup - Nothing to write home about. Wasn't really something I took seriously despite the possible financial reward.

FA Trophy - Can't even remember this competition.

Key Players:

Aaran Racine - Tall centre back who popped up with 9 goals.

Louis Laing - The other centre back. They formed a key partnership throughout the season.

Joe McKee - Definitely our star performer. Scored goals, set them up for others. Good taking corners and lethal from free-kicks.

Club Info:

Squad

Transfers

Backroom Staff

Finances

Affiliates

Club facilities

Club overview

Manager profile

Manager personal details

Next Season:

Definitely need to nail promotion next season by whatever means necessary. I think we need some experience in the side if I can get it but overall I don't think we're too far off getting out of this league and onto better things.

The board have also sorted out an upgrade for us, which is positive.

[b]Season        League                Final Position        Other Achievements[/b]

2011/12        Blue Square Bet North        4th            Play-off finalists.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

_40964495_northwich_203.gif

Northwich Victoria - Blue Square Bet North - 2011/12

This was my First Season in charge and wow what can i say tipped to battle for relegation we shocked everyone by finishing in 5th then went on to win the play off and promotion.

League Table

League Positions Graph

We started off well and kept going on all season witch i was pleased by

Playoff final - we beat Altrincham 3-2.

FA Cup - not our best form got beat by Southport in qualifiers

FA Trophy got beat by Fleetwood 1-0 in first round.

Squad - for this division we have a great squad, but we might need to add to it to avoid the problems with tiredness.

Transfers - there was few players bought in to help with the size of the squad and was good to see them click.

Key Player Profiles

James Poole - this was my most exciting signing, and my top scorer.

Phil Younghusband - a season from the striker who scored 16.

Kurt Hammonds - great stuff from this guy one my new players.

Mehdi Lazaar - he was signed as a centrer forward but played him in the bergkamp role and was good

Josh Brizell - a decent season from the full back still room for improvement.

Career Overview

Season     Team                 Country    League                 League Finish   Achievements
2011/12  Northwich Victoria     England    Blue Square Bet North   5th       won in play offs,

Next Season

-stay up,

-get parent club

-get some more decent players

-try get some more cash for the club.

Ive gotten my Matlock save into the Premiership now. When the forums went down last month I started doing my updated on my personal blog. Does anyone know a good way to copy a wordpress blog into the forums? I know I can just copy and paste the text but is there a way to copy the HTML links as well?

Ive gotten my Matlock save into the Premiership now. When the forums went down last month I started doing my updated on my personal blog. Does anyone know a good way to copy a wordpress blog into the forums? I know I can just copy and paste the text but is there a way to copy the HTML links as well?
like this mate then your text. [/url WITH THE ] NEXT TO THE URL

Ashton United – League 1 2015/16 – Season 5

So after last seasons surprise promotion I was hoping to just survive in League One, as were my Board and they were even willing to give me back some of the money I'd earned to do so, though the bookies didn't give us much of a chance whilst the media again expected us to finish rockbottom.

Transfers - it was another busy season as I went about hovering up any promising freebies I could find with most of them happy to sign on £5 p/w youth contracts. Sales saw various squad players who weren't need sold off, whilst in the Winter Window our record sale was broken several times, first Winger Nigel Daly left for £250K to Watford after he wanted more money than I could offer, Striker Lee Dawson then broke this record as he left for Ireland for £350K after he made silly wage demands, but rather annoying was the loss of Striker Hutchings he'd taken Dawson's place in the side but then got injured and started to moan that I didn't player him whilst he was injured and threw a stromp and demand a transfer so when Bohemians offered nearly £1m for him I accepted it.

League Cup - We again failed to make any impact, though at least this time we managed to last until extra-time where two surprising howlers from my Keeper Bevan gifted Scunthorpe two goals.

FA Cup - We dispatched Bournemouth 2-1 in the First Round before falling to a strong Sheff Wed side that kicked us off the pitch, slightly annoying was the fact that a week later we beat them 4-1 in the league.

Paint Trophy - With us out of the FA Cup our attentions turned to the Paint Trophy where after having been given a bye in Round One again we just about beat Doncaster on Pens in the Second Round, before beating Darlington 2-0 in the North Quarter Final, in the North Semi-Final we beat Stockport with two injury time goals thanks to my two departing Strikers. In the North Final we'd face league leaders Barnsley and after an even game the first leg ended 2-2 though I did lose Striker Wake to injury for 3 months. The Second Leg proved to be a thrilling game as we took a 2-0 lead early in the second half to remove Barnsley's Away Goal advantage before letting Barnsely get back to 2-2, and with Barnsley attacking we kept on catching them on the break in the end winning 5-3 (7-5 on agg).

In the Final we faced Swansea but dispute having the better of them we just couldn't score and with the game ending 1-1 it went to pens which proved a formality as we claimed an easy 3-1 win to lift the Paint Trophy for the first time.

Table - I'm not actually sure how we ended up finishing second in the league, after a good start we seemed to have just coasted into second place as other teams fell away during the season, though we did our best throw it away at the end of the season in the second to last game we needed a 91st minute goal to claim a draw against Swansea we ensured we went into the last day of the season on the same points as Portsmouth meaning we needed to match or better their result to go up. In the last game we faced Stockport who'd already gone down - not that they were a great side to play in our 7 previous games against the bottom four sides we'd only won once, thankfully we went in at half-time 1-0 up whilst Portsmouth were losing, however a crazy 10 mins nearly cost us everything, first my left back Hennessey plays an awful backpass that leaves Stockport with an open goal and then we give away a pen where Hennessey randomly argues with the ref and gets himself sent off, luckily we pulled a goal back but couldn't find a winner though it didn't matter as Portsmouth fell apart and lost 3-0 to Tranmere. My team did do their best not to get promoted after winning the Paint Trophy we drew five of our last six games losing the other one.

Squad - I made a couple of tactical changes this season, changing our philosophy from Rigid to Balanced gave my team a bit more freedom whilst I also changed my supporting striker role from a Targetman to a Deep Lying Forward.

Norman Bevan had an excellent season in goal and rather surprisingly his three man of the match awards this season were his first for me but I've got a feeling he'll be winning some more next season, in addition his 170 league appearances is a new Ashton Record.

In Defence Richard Doherty came in at right back after being released by Man Utd and had a solid enough season, on the left was Daryn Hennessey who has been with me since the start but after his performance in the last game he isn't likely to play again for me. In the Centre of Defence Neil Alnwick was in fine form as was his partner Shkodran Mustafi, well until Italian side made an offer for Mustafi which upset him and his agent and I was forced to accept their second improved offer which meant for the second half of the season I tried out several of my promising young centre backs to see if any were ready to replace him with Greek youngster Nikos Apostolou who'd been released by West Ham being the best of the bunch.

In midfield Welshman Jon Ellis moved into the Right Wing position and was having a good season before injury ended it, whilst on the left was new signing Helder Pereira who had been released from Porto and was brought in after I lost Daly and he proved to have a keen eye for goal. In the centre Ben Scott was in excellent form and he found himself named my new vice-capatain, partnering him was David Mooney however age appears to be catching up to him though I do have a young Australian Scott Hood who looks like he could be his long-term replacement.

Upfront saw Youssef Adnane drop into the support role (though he still ended up my top scorer) as a Deep Lying Forward as his lack of pace was badly exposed at this level, partnering him were two new signings who'd both been released from Chelsea; Marvin Wake started the season in excellent form before injury all but ended his season, thankfully I had Phil Shaw to step in for him.

Best XI - About right apart from surprises with Ball at Left Back and Webber on the right wing.

Overall XI - No real change

Average Attendance shoots upto 98% with 20 sellouts but the second lowest attendance in numbers - I really do need my board to expand the ground instead of just replacing the terraces with seats.

So the Championship should be fun...

Career Overview

Season          League                League Finish     Average Attendance %    Achievements            
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2011/12        Blue Square North         1st                    8                  Promoted - Champions
2012/13        Blue Square Premier       2nd                   20                  Playoff Final Losers
2013/14        Blue Square Premier       1st                   16                  Promoted - Champions + FA Trophy Winners
2014/15        League Two                2nd                   75                  Promoted
2015/16        League One                2nd                   98                  Promoted + Paint Trophy Winners

Marine - Blue Square Bet North - 2011/12

After spending one hour trying to choose which team to be I finally chose Marine!

So here is Marine's new manager: Profile

League Table

League Positions Graph

My team did well from start to end.

FA Cup - we did well to reach the first round but lost to Walsall from league one.

FA Trophy – Got to the 3rd round but lost to Eastbourne Boro.

Squad – With a few signings I think the team will do good in the Blue Square Premier

Transfers – Got rid of a lot of deadwood. And signed some good players.

Key Player Profiles

Reece Wabara – With 28 goals and an average rating at 7.78 there’s nothing much more to say.

Jason Massie - our top striker with 29 goals.

Alex Cooper – The assist man!

Anton Rodgers – a great man in the midfield!

Jamie Rainford - our second striker.

Career Overview

Season     Team                 Country    League                   League Finish    Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11    Marine               England    Blue Square Bet North    1st              BSN

Next Season

Push for playoff. I think my team is strong enough for the top 10 so I just need to sign a few new players. Already signed Davide Petrucci, Sean McGinty and Mirko Ranieri for this. Gonna take a look at the youngsters who the Premier teams can’t use.

Ashton United – Championship 2016/17 – Season 6

So after our surprise promotion from League One last season to make it three promotions in a row we found ourselves in the Championship and well and truly out of our depth, the expectations were to try to avoid relegation and you know things are bad when the board are willing to give me money to survive, the bookies gave us odds of 100-1 whilst the media reckoned we'd finish rock-bottom as they always do.

The season didn't get off to the best of starts as my chairman decided to sell my remaining centre-back Neil Alnwick to Aberdeen, his partner Mustafi had already agreed to run off to Italy so I was now left needing to find two new centre-backs.

Transfers and page 2 - with promotion to the Championship came money and the ability to scout Europe, so I sent my scouts around Europe and snatched any cheap promising players who were willing to sign for me aswell as some experienced players to reinforce my side, sales wise apart from the forced sales of defenders Alnwick and Mustafi I got rid of various youngsters and squad players who wouldn't be good enough for the Championship.

League Cup - We finally made it to the Second round (well just about) before being thumped by Fulham.

FA Cup - We didn't do well here either, beating Rotherham in the Third Round which was my 300th game at Ashton, before crashing out to Bolton, though the Bolton game did at least bring in ~£300K.

Championship - After a poor start we finally stabilised as a safe mid-table side thanks to some tactical tweaking, and the settling and gelling of my side though we did have some interesting results with the weirdest being a 5-4 victory over Huddersfield.

Squad - I had to tweak our tactics this season as we were getting destroyed early on - I switched my full-backs to defend roles from support and also set the pressing back to default whilst also getting my side to drop deeper.

Norman Bevan continued in goal and despite a poor start he finished the season in excellent form - my rocky defence didn't help but after they'd settled down he put in some excellent performances and I just don't hope my chairman ever sells him as he is attracting a lot of interest from Premiership and Scottish sides.

My defence proved to be a bit of a problem position this season at right back Richard Doherty struggled resulting in him losing his place to Bulgarian loanee Svetoslav Kupenov who put in some good performances but has no intentions of signing for me, so I gave Danish youngster Peter Norregaard who I'd signed on a free after he'd been released by OB a chance. On the left was Italian youngster Gianluigi Franchi who'd been picked up on a free after being released from Roma and he put in some good performances and even attracted the attention of Liverpool and Forest (Though Forest appear to have shortlisted my entire team and keep on overing below value for my players).

In the centre of defence my most reliable defender turned out to be Greek youngster Nikos Apostolou who put in some good performances however he appears to be fairly injury prone, partnering him for the most part was Italian Dario Novelli who I'd picked up on a free from Swansea however he is also injury which isn't great, my plan to bring in experienced defenders backfired badly Steven Caldwell did well enough when called up on but he quickly deteoriated whilst Alex Bruce proved to be an awful signing.

On the Right Wing Jon Ellis finally learnt how to be a midfielder and put in some good performances, covering him was one of my many new Danish players Morten Bjerre who'd been picked up on a free after leaving OB, on the Left Portuguese winger Helder Pereira had another good season, covering him was English youngster Steve Hoskins who'd been released by Arsenal and I'm currently retraining him into a left winger as I seem to lack them at the moment.

In the Centre of Midfield Ben Scott was in good form as my defensive minded midfielder, covering him was the Dane Christian Johansen who'd been picked up on a free after leaving AaB, playing in the playmaker role this season was Australian Scott Hood after the Championship proved too much for Mooney, though Hood did lose his place when my staff alerted me to the fact that former Man Utd youngster Davide Petrucci had been released by Everton and was willing to sign for me - I've been following him since FM2009 when he was an early legend for my FC Utd side having loaned him in for three years straight, this is the first time I've been able to sign him since.

Upfront there were a few changes Croatian Striker Kristijan Dzanko was signed for £1m from Dinamo to play in the Deep Lying Support role were he excelled scoring 10 goals and grabbing 14 assists it also helps that he is a quality corner taker, this saw Phil Shaw resigned to the bench not that he impressed much as his finishing just isn't good enough but he's still young.

In the Poacher role were two completely different players; Frenchman Fernando Olum was signed for a bargain £3.5K from Nancy and his lightening pace ripped apart most sides however his poor finishing meant he needed a few shots to score which meant that Serbian youngster Xhino Doda who was signed for a record £1.1m from Red Star was preferred as he proved to be lethal in front of goal - attributes wise he doesn't look that good but he is highly rated by my staff and scores for fun.

Best XI - I'd agree with that

Profile - I found a nice loophole in the manager contracts page that allows me to reject payrises and thus allows me to save money for elsewhere (shame I didn't notice it earlier).

Finances are looking healthy, largely thanks to the £2m the Premier League gives us as our sponsorship deals are still awful. Most of this money then went on expanding my ground by just 750 seats giving us a capacity of 5,250 but it was again at the expense of improving our facilities as my chairman yet again cancelled the improvements :(

On the plus side our Average Attendance by % was 99% as we filled the ground in all but one game, though our average attendance was the worst in the league - Swindon's ground is half empty but they can still fill our stadium twice over.

So the plan for next season is to try and find some good defenders and see if we can get ourselves up near the playoff positions or failing that at least stay in the league.

Nationalites:

(Not including Academy players)

36 ENG

05 BUL

04 DEN, SCO

03 ITA

02 CRO, GRE, POR, IRL, WAL

01 AUS, CMR, CYP, FRA, JAM, NGA, POL, SRB, TUR

Career Overview

Season          League                League Finish     Average Attendance %    Achievements            
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2011/12        Blue Square North         1st                    8                  Promoted - Champions
2012/13        Blue Square Premier       2nd                   20                  Playoff Final Losers
2013/14        Blue Square Premier       1st                   16                  Promoted - Champions + FA Trophy Winners
2014/15        League Two                2nd                   75                  Promoted
2015/16        League One                2nd                   98                  Promoted + Paint Trophy Winners
2016/17        Championship             15th                   99                  

FC_United.png

2012/13 - Blue Square Bet North

Our second bite at gaining promotion. We made the play-off final last year, coming runners-up. Now to take the title - simple as that.

League Table

League Positions Graph

The season started off very edgy with a few odd results but things straightened out sooner or later. We didn't worry about any distractions and we focused ourselves on the league. We reached the summit and stayed there, however towards the end, our form took a massive dip for some reason and we just about clinched the title. Thankfully avoiding the nerve-wrecking play-offs.

Prediction position: 11th

Final league position: 1st

FA Cup - Played okay but never anything to concern ourselves with.

FA Trophy - No interest. Reserves played.

Key Players:

Aaran Racine - 9 goals (again), 8 assists, 11 MOMs and only booked three times in 41 competitive matches. Well done chief. Not bad for a centre back, not bad at all.

Vincent Pericard - 20 goals from the big man up front. Can't complain about his effort.

Joe McKee - On great form again this season. 42 starts saw 10 goal and 22 assists.

Club Info:

Squad

Transfers

Backroom Staff

Finances

Affiliates

Club facilities

Club overview

Manager profile

Manager personal details

Next Season:

Delighted to be moving up and whilst I will be ambitiously aiming for promotion again this season, I would be happy with a mid-table finish. It all depends on the personnel we can bring in pre-season.

The board also gave me a surprise. New youth academy.

[b]Season         League                       Final Position     Other Achievements[/b]

2011/12        Blue Square Bet North        4th                Play-off finalists.
2012/13        Blue Square Bet North        1st                None.

Marine - Blue Square Bet North - 2012/13

League Table

League Positions Graph

After a tough start, my team started to perform and it ended with a promotion. I got past York with 2 games left! What a season!!

FA Cup - we did well to reach the third round but lost to Swindon from league one. Before that I won against league one team Rochdale and league two team Macclesfield.

FA Trophy – Got to the third round but lost to York.

Squad– A thought the team was strong enough to a playoff spot. I didn’t think they was strong enough to win the league!

Transfers – Loaned a bunch a players out because I couldn’t sell them. Carney, Roden and Street are new signings.

Key Player Profiles

Sean McGinty – With 14 goals and 2 assists, this was a good season for a defender!

Johhny Cosgrove - our top striker with 17 goals.

Joe McKee – The assist man!

Reece Wabara – Sean McGinty’s partner in the defence.

Jake Cassidy - our second striker.

Career Overview

Season     Team                 Country    League                   League Finish    Achievements
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2011/12    Marine               England    Blue Square Bet North      1st              BSN
2012/13    Marine               England    Blue Square Bet Premier    1st              BSP 

Next Season

Avoid relegation! If I’m lucky I can finish in midtable.

Marine - Blue Square Bet North - 2013/14

League Table

League Positions Graph

After a tough start, my team started to perform and it ended with a promotion. I got past York with 2 games left! What a season!!

League Cup – Did okay to reach the second round but lost to Blackpool from Championsship.

Johnstone’s Paint Trophy – My reserves played this match.

FA Cup - we did well to reach the third round but lost to Manchester City.

Squad– Almost the same squad who got us promoted to league 2. Did very well!

Transfers – Sold Samir Bihmoutine because I had a back who is almost as good as Samir.

Key Player Profiles

Sean McGinty – With 21 goals and 1 assists. Topscorer this season.

Jamie Carney - our top striker with 10 goals.

Joe McKee – Just look at him!! 20 goals and 24 assists!

Josh Rees – Joe McKee’s partner in midfield.

Darius Henderson - our second striker.

Career Overview

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2011/12    Marine               England    Blue Square Bet North        1st              BSN
2012/13    Marine               England    Blue Square Bet Premier      1st              BSP 
2013/14    Marine               England    npower League 2              2nd              n/a 

Next Season

Avoid relegation

Logo.jpg

Matlock Town - Blue Square North - 11/12 Season Report

Squad - Table - Positions -Transfers

Final Position - 1st in Blue Square North - Promotion

League - A solid start to Matlock's first season in the Blue Square North ended in delight for the fans as superb run of form in the final third of the season led to the team to first place, and promotion to the Blue Square Premier. I wasn't quite sure what to expect at the start of the season and would have been happy with a top half finish, so I was delighted at being crowned champions! The highlight of the league season was certainly our crushing 7 -0 away victory against Stalybridge within the opening few games.

Cups - A rather disappointing FA Cup run saw us knocked out in the third qualifying round in a replay against non-league Stourbridge, who we completely outplayed on both occasions. In the FA Trophy, a valiant effort saw us take Stockport County to a second round replay, where we were denied a shot at extra-time by a last gasp winner.

Key Players

Joe McKee - A superb opening season for the player that so many have had luck with, finishing with 11 goals and 21 assists in the league. Won BSN Player of the Season award.

Jon McShane - Star striker finished with 22 goals in 37 league appearances. Second highest scorer in the league.

Special mentions also go to Sean McGinty, who did not join until the final stages of the season, but performed superbly, and Samir Carruthers who paired up well with McKee.

- A 'McKee Special', as he slams home a 35 yard free kick.

Next Season - Improve the squad and stay well clear of relegation.

I've completed three more seasons, and will try and post the updates in the next couple of days.

Here we go. I am starting the challenge. For some reason, when I pick Sunday league footballer, it comes up as automatic so I hope that doesn't matter. I retired my manager twice to make sure but still didn't work.

But Brendon Hedger has taken charge at FC Halifax. I think all but two of the teams had 1200 rep. with Salisbury the only one higher and one lower so I went with FC Halifax.

Hi all - it's time to let my FM alter-ego Cristoval Alvarez loose on this year's challenge. I've attempted the challenge every year since its inception, I think - my finest achievement was getting Harrow into the Premier League - but despite hundreds of hours and dozens of seasons over the years I've never quite managed to complete it. Here's hoping I can go one better this time.

Starting manager profile is here.

Bradford Park Avenue

Season Review - Blue Square North 2011/12 (Season 1)

Blue Square North: 10th (Prediction: 20th)

FA Cup: 1st Round (defeated by Torquay)

FA Trophy: 1st Round (defeated by Southport)

Transfers | League Position Graph | Finances

Season Review: 10th was a pretty decent finish to the season, though in all honesty we only finished in such an elevated position thanks to a spectacular uptick in our fortunes in the last quarter of the season which saw us win 8 of our last 11 matches. Prior to that run of form, we had spent much of the middle part of the season lingering just one place outside of the relegation zone - mainly due to getting just 3 points from a possible 27 during November and December.

It's hard to pinpoint exactly what turned our fortunes around since I didn't make any major tactical switches - but the improved form did coincide with the arrival of young striker Carl Walshe, formerly a Portsmouth youth player, who although he didn't set the world alight with his stats seems to have improved the overall fluency of our game.

The most impressive stat of the season was not a very good one - as we managed to rack up an appalling disciplinary record, with an incredible 98 yellow cards and 6 red cards accumulated during the season - besting the previous Blue Square North record by 30 yellow cards and 1 red card. This is by far the most indisciplined team I've ever had.

My Player of the Season: Joel Magill - the 19 year old former Sheffield Wednesday central defender was a solid presence in the heart of defence, maintaining good form even during our lean spell in late 2011, and playing with a maturity that belied his young age.

Most Valuable: Nathan Rooney - £50k

Top Scorer: Sam Hoskins - 11 goals (41 apps)

Really like to read about everyones efforts in this challenge. And I find the challenge very entertaining. Especially the idea that you have to take over a previous unplayable club is so clever.

I am impressed when I see how everyone is doing. And also to see that there is many ways to get your goals. Some have to be very patient, but others burst through the leagues.

For the first time in my FM career, (and it's a long one) I am trying this challenge myself. Hednesford is my team.

I am not so consistent when it comes to posting, and not that confident I will keep this up either, so my try is unofficial at the moment.

Finished 6th the first season, hoping I will do better the next.

So, good luck to all you challengers out there, will read your posts with great interest.

Ashton United – Championship 2017/18 – Season 7

So after surviving our first season in the Championship I was hoping to build on it this season, the expectations were again to fight bravely against relegation however the bookies doubled our odds from 100-1 last season to 200-1 this season? With the media again expected us to finish rock-bottom, whilst Xhino Doda's fine season impressed the fans as he is now their second favourite player.

Transfers - I again raided Europe for some promising players who were willing to play for me on low wages, whilst I spent a club record £2.4m on Ipswich's Promising Right Winger Nigel Morgan. Sales saw me get rid of various youngsters and squad players who weren't in my plans, then my chairman decided to get in on the action again first selling Striker Marvin Wake to QPR for an awful £800K - he'd fallen down the pecking order but had potential and I could have got more than that for him, he then made things worse by selling Danish Centre-Back Morten Bach to Everton for £950K on the opening day when he was my best defender as Noveill and Apostolou both got injured in pre-season and would both miss the first four months of the season.

League Cup - We Beat Macclesfield and Leyton Orient before narrowly losing to Arsenal in the Third Round.

FA Cup - We suffered an embrassing defeat to Bury in the Third Round.

Championship - We somehow managed to finish sixth and as such claim a playoff spot, we'd actually spent most of the season in and around the playoffs which is what I was hoping for at the start, I'm not sure how we had the second best defence in the league considering at the start of the season I was struggling to field centre backs, whilst the three sides that go down all conceeded over 100 goals, with Stokes 136 conceeded a new record beating the 90 goals Notts County conceeded last season!

In the playoffs we drew Peterborough who are a strong side they have finished each season so far in the playoffs and have been to the Premier League twice - they are like Bolton and WBA from a few years ago, strong in the Championship but no match for the Premier League. With the first leg at home we just about beat Peterborough 1-0 thanks to goal from Doda, though left back Costa getting himself sent off for a two footed lunge didn't help matters.

In the Second Leg after going a goal down we turned on the style as an hat-trick from Dzanko inspired us to a 5-2 victory to set up a place in the Final against Burnley.

Playoff Final was an interesting game as we took an early lead through Doda but ended up going in at half-time 3-1 down, in the second half goals from Dzanko and Doda took the game to extra-time, however Burnley proved to be too strong as they scored a 95th minute winner. However I wasn't that disappointed about losing as we aren't ready for the Premier League and going up and coming straight back down will result in most of my players leaving.

Squad

Norman Bevan was in excellent form in goal though I'm not sure how much longer I can keep him as Barcelona and Arsenal both spent some time scouting him this season.

In Defence Richard Doherty had a solid season at right back, whilst at left back in came Costa Nhamoinesu who added a bit of experience and rotated with Italian Gianluigi Franchi.

In the Centre of Defence we had major problems thanks to injuries as both my first choice centre backs Nikos Apostolou and Dario Novelli missed the first half of the season we kept 11 clean sheets with either of them in the side compared to 6 with neither of them playing, covering them were Spanish Defender Alfonso who'd been picked up on a free after being released by Barcelona and Mark Harrison who put in some solid performances.

On the wings Jon Ellis was in good form on the right forming a good partnership with my strikers Dzanko and Doda, whilst Steve Hoskins put in some good performances on the left.

In the centre of midfield Ben Scott was made Captain and he rewarded me with some good performances, partnering him as my Playmaker was Italian Davide Petrucci who put in some good performances but is fairly injury prone, luckily Scott Hood stepped up to cover him.

Upfront my first choice Strikers were on fire Kristijan Dzanko playing in the support role made the goals with his 22 assists being a new Ashton Record, whilst his partner Xhino Doda was a goal machine scoring 34 goals in 37 league appearances a new Ashton record as was his average rating of 7.63, providing cover was Phil Shaw who did well when called upon.

Best XI - About right though I'd replace Hood with Scott and Harrison with Noveilli as first choice XI.

Overall XI - Bevan, Scott and Ellis are the only current players in the first XI though Dzanko, Doda and Doherty all make the bench.

Team of the Season - Dzanko becomes my first ever player to make it into a Team of the Season whilst Bevan and Doda make the bench,

Finances - Not looking too bad, though we still don't have the money to compete with other sides wageswise.

On the plus side the board have much to my surprise decided to build us a new stadium with a capacity of 15,750 and it'll only take a season to build, however the £12m bank loan is going to cause us problems this season, the name is also rather crappy aswell - it's my third new stadium in FM and the second to be named after the club with the first being named after my Frickley chairman, stll waiting for one to be named after myself :(

Even more surprising is that the chairman didn't cancel our facilities upgrade and we'll soon have Adequate facilities.

So with a new Stadium on the way the plan for this season is to get promoted - several players are getting itchy feet and I'm running out of time.

Nationalites:

27 ENG

05 BUL

04 CRO, DEN,

03 ITA, POL

02 ESP, GRE, POR, IRL, SCO, SRB,

01 AUS, CMR, CYP, FRA, JAM, SVK, WAL, ZIM

Career Overview

2017/18        Championship              6th                   99    

FC Halifax - Blue Square North - 2011/12 Season Review

Blue Square North: 1st (Predicted 15th)

FA Cup: 1st Round

FA Trophy: Semi-Finalists

Transfers

Financial Balance: £33,129

It was a fine season although I do regret making all those transfers, as I needed a lot of home matches in the FA Cup and FA Trophy to keep the club financially stable. Other than that though, we really smashed the league, with 31 wins and 7 draws in the total 42 games. Our goalscoring record was prolific with 113 goals in total, and we only were kept scoreless in a league match once over the course of the season, in a scoreless draw against Hyde, much thanks to Aaron Spear who scored 29 goals and set up 16 in 39 matches, on loan from Newcastle. We might have not looked good late in the season but we won our last 4 matches to finish with 100 points. Our cup campaigns were also very impressive, getting to the first round of the FA Cup before going down to Rotherdam in a thrilling encounter when he went from 1-1 to 4-1 down before Koroma and Yussuf scored 2 late goals to get us back in it but we couldn't pull off a stoppage time equaliser. Our FA Trophy campaign was great as well, including a comfortable 2-0 win over the Blue Square Bet Premier Champions, Crawley before being knocked out by Histin in the Semi-Finals.

Key Player Profiles:

Sean McGinty was one of the real stars after joining on a free transfer, despite spending a lot of time on the sidelines through injury, only playing in 30 league games, but managed 7 goals and 4 MOTMs which was very good. Hopefully he doesn't spend as much time out with injury next season.

Neil Yadolahi, McGinty's partner in central defence and our skipper was also superb in making sure our defence was statistically the best in the league. He played in 40 of the league games, with an average rating of 7.16 with 3 goals and 2 MOTM awards.

Nick Watts might have been one of only 3 players that weren't bought this season to get regular gametime along with goalkeeper, Reece Ottley and centre midfielder, Gerard Scott but he really was a star, scoring 12 goals and making a record 22 assists with 7 MOTMs in 38 matches, an average rating of 7.39. His 71 league appearances is currently the most for the club and despite him not really being of Blue Square Premier standard, I might keep him either for the first team or as a backup if I can get a quality replacement for him.

Aaron Spear might have been rated as my worst striker out of the main 3 (Spear, Kormona and Yussuf) but when he joined on loan from Newcastle, he quickly proved the critics wrong with a massive 29 goals and 16 assists with 9 MOTM awards, which could have been better had he scored more than 6 goals in his last 16 games but an incredible season nevertheless. Newcastle accepted a £0 offer for him but he wouldn't sign the contract so whether he will make a return to our club is yet to be seen. Might try and get him on another season loan. Reminds me of one of Brentford's strikers that I loaned in FM10 with East Manchester for 3 seasons before finally signing him on a permanent deal. He also picked up the Player of the Season Award.

Omar Koroma was another star striker at the club and managed 15 goals and 10 assists in the league, an average rating of 7.19 in 40 matches, despite only starting in 24, due to my striker rotation policy between Spear and Koroma/Yussuf. He should do well next season again.

Career Overview:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2011/12    FC Halifax           England    Blue Square Bet North    1st              Promoted - Champions

Next Season:

Hoping for a top half finish or even promotion which I think I could get, and hopefully bring in a decent keeper, another central midfielder and attacking right midfielder to backup/replace Watts as I have no cover for Watts and I was just lucky that he was not injured at all during the season.

FC Halifax - Blue Square Premier - 2012/13 Season Review

Blue Square Premier: 1st (Predicted 24th)

FA Cup: 3rd Round

FA Trophy: 3rd Round

Transfers

Financial Balance: £84,839

A truly incredible season. At the start of the season, we brought in goalkeeper Mitch Walker on a free transfer and also signed Aaron Spear permanently after his contract at Newcastle expired although he wasn’t the same player as he was overshadowed by a new Croatian striker, Nikola Saric who slotted home the goals for us, scoring a total of 27 goals in the league, while Spear only made 9. Made a few other signings bringing in cover at right back with Henley who played very well over the course of the season with an average rating of 7.2 in 22 matches, while Richardson averaged 7.04 in 23 matches. Steven Smith was a gem of a player and played more matches for Ireland U19 than McGinty and Yadolahi even though he only made 23 starts in the league over the season, although did play in another 15 coming off the bench with an average rating of 7.16. Alan O’Brien was also brought in as cover for Knott but spent a lot of time out with injury and only played 14 matches but had an average rating of 7.05. Our defence was incredible as we only conceded 34 goals in the league, 12 less than Grimsby who had the next best. It helped that every player in our backline averaged over 7 per match and we have incredible depth, Richardson and Henley at right back, McGinty, Yadolahi, Smith and even Bower at centre back and Muggeridge and Smith on the left. So we had some great runs during the season with some 8-10 games unbeaten runs and a run which we won 9 games in a row. Our FA Cup run was very impressive as well as we managed to beat Plymouth to get through to the 3rd round before we were hammered 4-0 by the Wolves in the 4th Rnd. Our FA Trophy campaign was pretty abysmal as we crashed out to Grimsby in the 3rd Rnd but I was more focusing on the league anyway. The club now have 3 favoured personnel, Sean McGinty who was so impressive yet again with 7 goals and 7 MOTMs over the season with an AR of 7.36, and Nikola Saric who was the best striker in the league. The last of course was myself who the board now love for winning promotion two years in a row.

Key Player Profiles:

Sean McGinty was our first favoured personnel in club history. This season was more successful than last season as he had no injuries for the whole season, playing in 42 league matches. He was great with an average match rating of 7.36 and he will hopefully be looking to make an impact in League 2.

Neil Yadolahi captained the side again to success in what was a great season, with an average rating of 7.25, not as great as McGinty but he was a reliable centre half and the Irish pair will be looking for yet another great season next year.

Billy Knott was very impressive last season, and this season was no different as he starred on the wing with 17 assists and 5 goals, before missing the last 6 games through injury. The 20 year old has a very bright future in front of him but faces tough competition with Alan O’Brien for the spot on the left wing.

Nathan Koranteng was our transfer target at the start of the season to replace Watts but we only managed to get him on a season loan from Peterborough but he shined in the right wing role. He was our second highest goalscorer with 11 goals as our strikers went in and out of form, Yussuf 10 goals, Spear 9 and Koroma 8 while Koranteng played in all but one match up until the last 5 matches when he was ruled out with injury. 11 goals, 12 assists, 4 MOTM awards with an average rating of 7.16, it was an impressive stat. Whether we will aim to make the deal permanent is another thing as we won’t want him to end up like Aaron Spear. We still need to get a right wing player in though.

Nikola Saric, was our only new signing up front, as we signed him on a free as his contract with Liverpool had expired and he impressed with 27 goals and 11 assists with 6 MOTM awards and an average rating of 7.34 over the course of the season, playing in 45 of the 46 games. The 22 year old striker has a big future ahead of him and I’ll be hoping for much more of the same from him next season.

Career Overview:

2011/12    FC Halifax           England    Blue Square Bet North    1st              Promoted - Champions
2012/13    FC Halifax           England    Blue Square Bet Premier  1st              Promoted – Champions

Next Season:

Well next season, I’ll be looking for League 2 promotion. If we can win the two leagues below without any difficulty, I don’t see why we can’t push for promotion again. Transfer wise, I’ll be looking to get in a right winger on a permanent deal, and hopefully pick up a central midfielder as well. Might try and get a couple of good English players in for the 4 players trained in England starting XI rule for League 2.

FC_United.png

2013/14 - Blue Square Bet Premier

Our first season after promotion. I like to give myself three seasons to get up to the next league with this challenge (but usually hoping for promotion with each one - the pressure incrementing as it goes.) Hopefully we could be competitive and maybe challenge for promotion.

League Table

League Positions Graph

The season overall I can say, was good fun. Ups and downs in the league and a relatively great FA Cup run made it very enjoyable on reflection. We definitely could have challenged for a play-off spot but lacked a bit of star quality in the end.

Prediction position: 23rd

Final league position: 7th

FA Cup - We punched above our weight big time as Crystal Palace, Sheffield United and Tranmere all got put to the sword before Peterborough ended the dream.

FA Trophy - Made the semi's but again like always, no real interest on my part.

Key Players:

Ryan Oakley - Solid performer when called upon despite not really being a first eleven definite in my head.

Vincent Pericard - We're missing a good front man without question but Vincent is the best we have.

Joe McKee - Not as great as last season but still one of our better players.

Mike Holt - Solid recruit who improved our defence.

Club Info:

Squad

Backroom Staff

Club facilities

Club overview

Manager profile

Manager personal details

(Apologies for missing screens of transfers, finances and affiliates)

Next Season:

I think we can definitely look for promotion next season, whether from the play-offs or even the title itself. High hopes provided we get a good striker (or four) into the club.

[b]Season         League                       Final Position     Other Achievements[/b]

2011/12        Blue Square Bet North        4th                Play-off finalists.
2013/14        Blue Square Bet Premier      7th                None.

Ashton United – Championship 2018/19 – Season 8

So after narrowly losing in the Playoff Final last season I was hoping for promotion to the Premier League this season, though I did only tell the board we'd finish mid-table, whilst the media actually gave us a prediction of 17th, though there was no odds new item this season so I don't know if that is good or bad?

Transfers - Signings this season were several promising youngsters which included the signing of Reading's promising left winger Martin Mings for a record £2.5m right from under the noses of Man Utd. Sales wise various youngsters and squad players who weren't needed were left go, whilst my Chairman decided to sell Right Winger Jon Ellis to Hibs for a record £2m - I cannot really complain as his contract was running out and his agent was demanding on a min. release fee of £650K so my chairman did well for a change it's just a shame he didn't bother to include a sell on clause.

League Cup - We made it to the Third Round with comfortable victories over Lincoln and Sheff Wed before facing a strong Blackburn side, were a poor first half cost us though our second half comeback did make it a close game in the end.

FA Cup - We reached the Fifth Round for the second time dispatching Leicester and League Two Portsmouth before falling to the all conquering Arsenal, my second string put up a good fight but against a £43m Striker there isn't much I can do.

Championship - As hoped we won promotion to the Premiership this season, though it was a close call after starting well we found ourselves on top of the league for most of the season however with six games left we fell apart - we'd won nine of the last 10 games to claim a playoff spot and with a win over WBA we opened up an eight point lead, but then it all fell apart we were thrashed 4-1 by Swindon and drew to Leeds, before losing to Middlesbrough to put both them and WBA three points behind me with three games left to play, and to make matters worse my star striker Doda got himself sent off against Boro for a two footed lunge that would see him miss the remaining three games of the season :(

In game 44 we gave ourselves a fighting chance with a 4-0 win over West Ham, however both WBA and MBoro won aswell but at least we improved our goal difference. Things then went badly as we lost to Hull thanks to a 93rd minute goal and with WBA and MBoro both winning we slipped down to third with one game to go.

In the final game of the season we were away to Millwall and we destroyed them with Phil Shaw getting a hat-trick as we won 4-0 though we should have had more as Shaws' finishing was woeful he had 10 shots of which he only managed to get four on target, so with our part done we were still relying upon results elsewhere to go our way, and for a change they did - MBoro lost to rock bottom Watford thanks to a third minute goal from one of my ex-players Nigel Daly whilst WBA could only draw 1-1 to Brighton (A side I managed to beat with just eight players left on the pitch), which meant we'd be going up as Champions :)

With the Championship trohy in the cabinet the fans made me their Icon, whilst Hoskins and Dzanko become fan favourties.

Squad

Norman Bevan was in excellent form in goal and hopefully with promotion to the Premiership he'll decide to stick around, however I did have to deal without him for two months in the middle of the season as he got injured, thankfully his understudy Simon Mason proved to be a capable replacement.

At Right Back Richard Doherty again failed to impress and ended up losing his place to Chris Ball who came in for cover and made the position his own for the season, at Left Back Italian Gianluigi Franchi was in good form, whilst new signing Simon Schraps provided cover after he joined after being released by Liverpool.

In the Centre of Defence Nikos Apostolou was in good form, whilst Spanaird Alfonso's fine form saw him become first choice, though with Dario Novelli and both Apostolou being injury prone it's not like I have to make a choice that often.

With the loss of Jon Ellis on the Right Wing the position was open for competition, Spanaird David put in some good performances but went missing in several games, whilst Promising Winger Nigel Morgan showed glimpses of his potential I didn't want to play him too much as I owe Ipswich £500K after 30 games. On the Left Steve Hoskins was in excellent form, whilst youngster Martin Mings impressed.

In the Centre of Midfield Ben Scott had a solid season, whilst an injury prone Davide Petrucci lost his place in the side to Scott Hood who was in good form.

Upfront Kristijan Dzanko had a good season not as good as last season though, whilst Xhino Doda was on fire scoring a record 37 goals in just 34 games, his 14 man of the match awards and average rating of 7.78 are also new records, whilst he blew away the goals record for the club which was 68 goals, he is currently on 91 goals, the only downside was his red card at the end of the season saw him unable to beat Ishmael Miller's Championship record of 37 goals. Providing cover was Phil Shaw who had a poor season apart from the hat-trick against Millwall, whilst Promising Polish Striker Mateusz Piszczek showed glimpses of his potential.

Best XI - About right though I'd play Apostolou ahead of Novelli.

Overall XI - Sees Franchi and Hoskins named in my Best XI.

Championship Select XI - Bevan and Doda make it this season with Dzanko on the bench.

Finances - it's a good thing we won promoted as we lost money badly this season, on the plus side we signed a new kit deal worth £200K a season it being a five year deal wasn't great though.

And considering I'm moving Stadiums heres a shot of what Hurst Cross looks like, I wonder if my new ground is built on the beach aswell?

So the plan for next season is to survive in the Premiership, whilst my transfer targets are a centre back and right back, whilst trying to get Bevan to sign a new contract.

Nationalites:

29 ENG

05 CRO, DEN

04 BUL

03 ITA, SRB

02 ESP, GRE, POL, SCO,

01 AUS, BEL, JAM, SVK, SVN, ZIM

Career Overview

2017/18        Championship              6th                   99                  Playoff Final Losers
2018/19        Championship              1st                   99                  Promoted - Champions

Bradford Park Avenue

Season Review - Blue Square North 2012/13 (Season 2)

Blue Square North: 1st (Prediction: 14th)

FA Cup: 3rd Qualifying Round (defeated by Hyde)

FA Trophy: 1st Round (defeated by Guiseley)

Transfers | League Position Graph | Finances

Season Review: Although I brought in six players before the end of August, only one of them was expected to be a first team regular - the rest were cover for a squad that was thin on the ground after I'd allowed most of the (pretty terrible) backup players to leave on free transfers when their contracts expired at the end of June. But with a squad very similar to the one that ended last season so well, we carried over that good form into the beginning of this season - and it took until November for us to register our first defeat of the season. By that time, we'd gone unbeaten in 14 games and we were already comfortably top of the league.

We never looked back, barely relinquishing the top spot and at one point opening up a 13 point gap on 2nd place. We hit a bit of a speed bump in February and March, winning just three of our 8 games over that period, but we were already so far ahead that we were more or less out of reach of the chasing pack, and in the end we strolled to automatic promotion as Blue Square North champions, finishing 8 points clear of Eastwood in the final table.

I didn't actually make too many changes from last season, so the improvement can really be put down to a few key players hitting their stride in their second season at the club, particularly the Irish midfield duo of Frankie Sutherland and Nathan Rooney, formerly of QPR and Wolves respectively. The other key difference was former Aston Villa youngster Derrick Williams, who was the one new first team signing and was a rock in central defence.

My Player of the Season: Frankie Sutherland - the 19 year old Irish right winger was vastly improved from last season, posting an impressive 7.36 average rating and contributing hugely to our attacking threat, both as a scorer and a provider - he finished the season with a count of 13 goals and 13 assists to his name.

Most Valuable: Derrick Williams - £60k

Top Scorer: Harry Bunn - 13 goals (37 (2) appearances)

Season      Division                Pos     Achievements
2011/12     Blue Square North       10th    -
2012/13     Blue Square North       1st     Promotion

FC_United.png

2014/15 - Blue Square Bet Premier

Our second season in the Blue Square Bet Premier and after comfortably securing a mid-table position last season, we should be pushing for a play-off spot at least.

League Table

League Positions

The big difference this season was new strikers. Ones that scored 20+ goals in Abdulla and Manset - this fired us to the top of the league but unfortunately, our overall consistency wasn't going to have us lift the title - we had to negotiate the play-offs - which I would post the screenies for but you'll just have to believe me when I tell you, it was a gift (won the final 4-0.)

Prediction position: 15th

Final league position: 3rd

FA Cup - Couldn't repeat last seasons heroics.

FA Trophy - Nothing to see here.

Key Players:

Craig Johnson - Solid defensive midfielder who also operated at centre back when needed.

Mathieu Manset - Great target man and was lethal in most cases with Abdulla.

Jonathan Herbert - Either at centre back or at right back he was one of the best performers.

Mike Holt - Our main-stay at centre back. Usually the player that kept his place whilst the other spot would rotate.

Ahmed Abdulla - Too good for this league and it showed with 29 goals for the season.

Club Info:

Transfers

Squad

Backroom Staff

Club facilities

Club overview

Finances

Affiliates

Manager profile

Manager personal details

Next Season:

It's a bit of an unknown going into league football. Professional status should improve the players we can acquire tenfold so I honestly just want a solid season (whether that is promotion, mid-table or survival.)

2014/15        Blue Square Bet Premier      3rd                Play-off winners.

FC_United.png

2015/16 - Npower League Two

Our first season as a professional outfit. Time to see what this club is made of.

League Table

League Positions

Would you believe we didn't get a win until our 6th game? First three games heavy losses? Unlikely but true. We turned things around pretty well and could have taken the title in the end but in truth promotion even from the play-offs would have been a huge upset.

Prediction position: 24th

Final league position: 2nd

FA Cup - Again like last year, nothing special.

League Cup - A good win against Preston but Villa were too good.

Johnstone's Paint Trophy - Nothing to see here.

Key Players:

Carl Baxter - Versatile, playing in defence and midfield and could definitely improve to become a player worthy of a couple of leagues higher.

Cristian - On-loan from Wigan from January. Very good play-maker for us.

Andrzej Wilk - Our most consistent midfielder throughout the season.

Ahmed Abdulla - 24 goals compared to the 29 goals last season. Still very impressive considering this was mainly coming off the bench for 50% of his games.

Justin Simpson - On-loan from Wigan for the season. With his incredible pace and acceleration, he tore up this league.

Club Info:

Transfers

Squad

Backroom Staff

Club facilities

Club overview

Finances

Affiliates

Manager profile

Manager personal details

Next Season:

I have a feeling League one will be a bit tougher but hopefully we can again be competitive. Unfortunately more players will come and go. Not even the star players of last season will necessarily be safe from the transfer list.

2014/15        Blue Square Bet Premier      3rd                Play-off winners.
2015/16        Npower League Two            2nd                Promotion

FC Halifax – npower League 2 – 2013/14 Review

npower League 2: 1st (24th)

FA Cup: 4th Round

Johnstone’s Paint Trophy: Qtr Final

League Cup: 1st Round

Transfers

Financial Balance: £480,440

Our season was great. We made a few new transfers at the start of the season, finally bringing in a right winger, Alfie Potter on a free transfer, Asante as a backup striker as we later sold Yussuf for a record £9k. We splashed the cash though on Bromley and ex-United player, Davide Petrucci spending £35k on him over a period of 48 months and he didn’t disappoint after we changed our formation around to play the one striker and an attacking central midfielder so it was a 4-2-3-1 formation. We had a horrible injury crisis though, Yadolahi out for the first half of the season after an injury in pre-season, which prompted me to appoint Sean McGinty as our new skipper. Jeffrey Hendrick was brought in on loan for cover in central midfield. Our other central defender, Steven Smith then got injured so we brought in Nick Adkins and Craig Sharps on loan for backup there after loaning Ben Parker to play at left back at the start of the season. We somehow battled through the injury crisis and took out the title, thanks to another unbelievable season from Nikola Saric, scoring 30 goals, including 19 in his last 19 games. Our FA Cup campaign was pretty impressive defeating Wrexham (H), Southend (A) and parent club, Walsall at home 2-0 (who went on to win League 1) before going down to Leicester 3-1. We were knocked out in the League Cup in the first round after an extra time away defeat to Derby, 2-1. We took down Northampton away from home in the Johnstone’s Paint Trophy and then defeated Bradford 2-1 before being knocked out by league one team, Rochdale in a smashing as we lost by 5 goals to 1.

Key Player Profiles:

Sean McGinty, another stunning campaign from him as he played in 43 of the 46 league matches, not missing a single game through injury. He was our second highest scorer unbelievably with 9 goals, as well as two assists and 6 MOTM awards with an average rating of 7.4. He could still be in my first team by the time I reach the Premier League the way he’s going. Unfortunately he only has a half star of unused potential ability but is currently a leading star for most League 2 sides according to reports so he could still do well in the Championship even.

Davide Petrucci played in every game until he missed 3 games at the back end of the season through injury, but had a memorable season, scoring 7 goals (third highest) and made 8 assists with an average rating of exactly 7 over the season. He made an unbelievable amount of key passes, including about 25 in his last 15 odd games, and was a joy to behold when he ran with the ball, including a game against Yeovil where he made 7 attacking runs.

Billy Knott, another top performer in the attacking left midfielder role. He only scored 4 goals but set up 15 with 5 MOTM awards and an average rating of 7.00 in 38 matches, he was a star yet again as he has passed 100 club appearances, Packwood currently leading the way with 118, 4 ahead of Watts 114 who only made 15 appearances this season and a broken leg injury keeping him out for the first few months of next season, leaving me no real choice but to let him go, paying nearly 20k a year for a backup player who would be a decent signing for most Blue Square Premier sides (or about that).

Nikola Saric, well 30 goals is always a great achievement after scoring 27 last season. He was on his own, but didn’t feel the pressure even after a shaky start with only 2 goals in his first 9 games but when he scored a double against Shrewsbury, the season turned upside down as he slotted in the goals with ease and guided us to the title, and his great goalscoring run at the end of the season meant we only lost 2 of our final 13 matches, one of them in the last game of the season in a 3-2 loss.

Career Overview:

2012/13    FC Halifax           England    Blue Square Bet Premier  1st              Promoted – Champions
2013/14    FC Halifax           England    npower League 2          1st              Promoted - Champions

Next Season:

I'm not sure what to expect next season. I hope to pull off a top half finish, if not make the playoffs. We will need to bring in a couple of new names, probably a couple of defenders, a new right winger to backup Potter or even replace him. I'm not sure of my strikers. Apart from Saric, they have been pretty disappointing. Spear has done alright on occassions off the bench but I might need to offload a couple of strikers and bring in a strong backup for Saric. A couple of central midfielders would be good as well after only really having David and Packwood at the club, and had to bring in Hendrick on loan to have cover in that position.

FC_United.png

2016/17 - Npower League One

After a fantastic season last time, making it two promotions on the bounce, I was concerned this is when we might start having trouble. Mid-table/survival would not have been looked down upon by myself. However as always, I expected us to be competitive.

League Table

League Positions

We started off the season with a bang, winning our first game at home 6-0. However we slowly began becoming complacent and definitely the side had my worried for the first few months. Regardless we picked up our form eventually and made a push for the automatic promotion spots. It was unlikely we would make it but we came a lot closer than a lot of people would expect. We had to settle for a play-off spot and after doing very well to put away Q.P.R. in the return leg of the semi-final at home, we faced Crystal Palace at Wembley. We had already beaten Palace in the final of the Johnstone's Paint Trophy and we hadn't forgotten how to go about the job this time either. FC United 4 Crystal Palace 0. Three promotions on the bounce and the new Npower Championship season awaits the Red Rebels. :D

FA Cup - Pretty good effort I thought. Beating Middlesbrough (championship) away from home was good and taking Bolton (premiership) to a replay was a solid performance away from home. Just unfortunate Bolton were in no mood to mess around come the replay.

League Cup - Stoke stole a narrow one-nil win to kill it off at the inception.

Johnstone's Paint Trophy - I didn't rotate my players like previous seasons (in all honesty, I believed it would help with our league form) and so we ended up getting to the final without even really noticing. A tidy win against Palace sealed the trophy. FC United 2 Crystal Palace 0.

Key Players:

Andrzej Wilk - Again, like last season, probably our most consistent midfielder.

Kristian Kostrna - Solid covering centre back.

Justin Simpson - On-loan AGAIN from Wigan for the season. Scored more than last year. 42 goals in 49 starts. Incredible considering he had a bad injury that kept him out for a couple of months after January. League One Top goalscorer obviously belonged to him.

Club Info:

Transfers

Squad

Backroom Staff

Club facilities

Club overview

Finances

Affiliates

Manager profile

Manager personal details

Next Season:

Finances aren't looking too hot these days. Think unless I managed to pull off an unprecedented fourth promotion in a row, it's unlikely that a take-over will not become an option within the next few years. Definitely will lose a few quid this year.

Expectations wise, I have none. I just want us to be solid and competitive. Mid-table/survival is always the aim with the first season after promotion and it will be no different in the Championship.

2016/17        Npower League One            4th                Play-off winners. JPT winners.

Having been away for a while after a laptop crash - Im coming back after not really getting into any other long term game, am setting up as I type and am waiting to see what teams get promotion!

Also - anyone got the link for badges and kits for teams at this level please?

yk8nyfil.png

Bedford Town – Blue Square Bet North – 2011/12

My first season at Bedford proved somewhat disappointing and I’m hoping for a lot better next year. On the plus side, we were never fearful of relegation throughout the season.

League Table

League Positions Graph

It was essentially a very frustrating season. Initially, it didn’t start so bad but poor form and morale kicked in and we seemed to collapse before a promising end to the season. The teams capable of a more, just needs better management to get it out of them. Hopefully next season I’ll be able to provide that.

FA Cup – Reached the 3rd Qualifying Rnd where we lost 3v0 to St.Albans.

FA Trophy – Reached the 2nd Rnd where we lost to Boreham wood.

Transfers – A number of players in and out, but ultimately a number of new comers lacked the actual quality needed.

Squad – An average squad that was capable of achieving more. A poor defensive record shows our downfall.

Overview -

[b]Season    League                   Position    Achievements[/b]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2011/12   Blue Square North        13th         None

Next Season – It was disappointing to not achieve more with a fairly capable squad. But it’s clear to see the squad needs improving in a number of positions. More clean sheets are needed and hopefully, with more goals from Montano we can secure promotion.

A quick double blast of updates (heading off for a bit):

FC_United.png

2017/18 - Npower Championship

Three promotions in a row. Surely the bubble is about to burst..?

League Table

League Positions

Top sides in this league like West Ham and Burnley had players evaluated at £4-5million - I got the idea pretty quickly that it wasn't going to be easy. That said, I started getting a bit more tactically astute (although, more Don Revie style..if you fancy booing) and we picked up a few wins that we really had no right picking up. Our form was up and down but thankfully I knew that weren't going to be dragged into a relegation battle pretty much by December. It was now a case of seeing if we could nab a play-off spot or settle for mid-table mediocrity. Thankfully, in the end, we just about nicked the last play-off spot. Long story short, we reached the final and nicked the match against huge favourites Norwich, by a single goal to nil. (unfortunately forgot to screendump the magic moment.)

Final league position: 6th

FA Cup[/url] - Pretty disgraceful, going out to League two opposition. One to forget.

League Cup - One stage closer than last year but that's nothing to smile about.

Key Players:

Roberto Spanu - His second season with us and now growing as a player. Could be a good premier league player.

- Scored some amount of important goals for us.

- Injured for a long period but in the games he played, he was a game changer. Should be able to step up to the standards of the EPL.

Club Info:

Squad

Club facilities

Club overview

Finances

Affiliates

Next Season:

Firstly, a is being built. :D Delighted about that and hopefully we can still be in the top league by the time we move into it in 2020.

I am worried about next season as I can't seem to find much quality to get in. Not many good players going on frees this summer, at least not ones under 30.

Financially though, this year in the Premiership should give us some financial power we never had before.

2016/17        Npower League One            4th                Play-off winners. JPT winners.
2017/18        Npower Championship          6th                Play-off winners.

FC_United.png

2018/19 - Barclays Premier League

The big time. Now we fight harder than ever.

League Table

League Positions

This is probably going to be the most basic update so far. I kind of lost my way due to events that happened this season. Events like my chairman selling players from under me for silly low prices. Essentially we started off fine, we picked up some points, beat Man City away, amazingly etc. Then our players got some interest from other clubs and my chairman decided he knew best. Essentially we ended up getting rid of a lot of players at Xmas, that had only joined in August. It was a very strange season overall and one I'm thankful is over so I can look forward to better days. 12th is a great finish considering our expectations but god knows where we might have finished if the chairman hadn't done some dreadful moves on his part. Hopefully now we have some cash, my chairman will let me deal with transfers myself. Only ray of sunshine was getting in quite a lot of very promising youngsters (who may well be my first XI next year, as I plan on just making 3-5 solid signings next year.)

Prediction position: 20th

Final league position: 12th

FA Cup - Never nice losing to Liverpool but was to be expected.

League Cup - Pretty poor considering the opposition.

Key Players:

None. I'd be lying if I said, there was a stand-out player amongst the ins and outs throughout the season. No player had a chance to really bed himself down. Hopefully next season I can show-off four or five star performers. :)

Club Info:

Transfers

Squad

Backroom Staff

Club facilities

Club overview

Finances

Affiliates

Manager Profile

Manager Personal

Next Season:

Keep a solid team of players and let them play the entire season together? Yes please.

2017/18        Npower Championship          6th                Play-off winners.
2018/19        Barclays Premier League      12th               Survival.

yk8nyfil.png

Bedford Town – Blue Square Bet North – 2012/13

My second season at the club was set to be a better one, with a couple of new signings to fit the new tactic I had decided to implement.

League Table

League Positions Graph

It was a decent start to the year, if not a bumpy in terms of results. Sometimes we would win well, the next time we failed miserably. But after the odd start, we got going and moved to the top of the league and stayed there for 12 or so games. But the story wasn’t quite as simple as that –we were dropping our form and eventually it began to show and our drop down the table began. Luckily, with the end of the season in sight, the form picked up and we began to win match after match – pulling us from our lowest point of 9th back to 1st after 8 games a drift – just in time with two matches left to play. With one match to play, both us and Halifax lay on the same points, them with a two goal advantage to us. Last day excitement lived up to it all too.

Never at any point was there a team that looked destined to win the title – Halifax remained in the mix throughout, but never looked set for 1st. Altrincham had a poor start and only towards the end of the year did they look promising. Tamworth slipped up similarly to us at the same time, whilst Solihull had a big up and down season. In a summary, no one was superb in the league and perhaps we had the luck on our side this year – we still need to concede less and bolster the defensive side of things next year to be in with a chance of doing well.

FA Cup – Reached the 4th Qualifying Rnd, one better than last year.

FA Trophy – Reached the 2nd Rnd again – our poor form continued from the league into the cup and we fell out with ease.

Transfers – A number of players in and out, all of which to fit in with the new tactic – wing back Penny was in superb form (40apps, 7 goals and 9 assists) along with Bodin (40 apps, 6 goals and 5 assists). Grimes sadly didn’t hit the ground running and failed to hit any form until the end of the season, but that last gasp good form was probably what secured promotion in the end.

Squad – The new transfers slotted in perfectly, giving us everything we needed to win the league. Still, our weakest area lies in defence, partly due to the attacking wing backs that will likely need to be toned down next year. A number of new signings are once again likely to be recruited.

Overview -

Season    League                   Position    Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2011/12   Blue Square North        13th         None
2012/13   Blue Square North        1st          Promotion

Next Season – Financial security – we need more of it, with the board providing a £140k cash injection to keep the club afloat at the end of the season, a good year and preferably promotion to grab some extra cash is needed. It’s a hard push, but it’s definitely possible.

Picked this up again for the first time in donkey's years! Took me a while to figure out what I was doing in the first place!

Tiverton Town Season Review 2014/15

The League

W:17 D:15 L:14

Final League Position

Graph

As I said, it's been a while since I picked this up and I had to take some time to figure out what was happening. We made it to 12th in our first foray in the Blue Square Premier league overall which was a great result as I still have quite a number of players taking to the field that were with me in the division below us. Some of the draws and losses were horribly frustrating but overall I'm very pleased with how we went. The first 10 or so rounds were a bit shaky but we finally settled and hovered mid-table for the rest of the season.

Cup Runs

Lost 2-1 to Hartlepool in the FA Cup first round.

Made it all the way to the final of the FA trophy with some brilliant performances but had a disappointing day at the final losing 2-0 to Dover. The money along the way was very welcome.

Season   |       League      |  Position  |  Highlight
--------------------------------------------------------------------
2011/12  |   Blue Sq. Sth    |    4th     | Playoff Semi-final loss
2012/13  |   Blue Sq. Sth    |    3rd     | Playoff final loss
2013/14	 |   Blue Sq. Sth    |    5th     | Promotion thru playoff final
2014/15	 |   Blue Sq. Prem   |	 12th	  | FA Trophy finalist

Players

Transfers

Loaned out quite a few players this season and brought in 9 new players plus got given a loan keeper from Exeter who played a couple of games but I preferred my own guy. Only let 4 players go in the off season and managed to make 300 pounds in the process. I'm pretty sure it was a record sale :D

Top 3:

3. Martin Bell: New signing who was just a cracking performer in the second half of the season (the bit that I remember) a great pickup from Birmingham's cast-offs.

2. Andrew Milne: Still causing havoc on the right flank I am pretty sure that Milne will have made my top 3 list in every season so far. Towards the end of the season he started running out of steam but he is a class workhorse that can score some cracking goals when he's on song.

1. Jude Stirling: My captain and a central defender with 7 goals (equal top scorer, pathetically), 5 assists and 6 MoMs. An absolute machine in defense who I cannot praise enough. Started in all but 2 games in the league last season.

A special mention to Colin Brown who I picked up after Arsenal cast him aside. Loaned him out to Forest Green and he came back to provide us with a few key goals in the later stages when injuries started creeping in.

Next season:

Going to try for a playoff spot at the very least. Have to do a big cleanout and lower the wage bill a bit so i can bring in some heavy hitters. One area that desperately needs filling is a striker who knows where the net is.

Hey Guys.

Nice to see some people are still playing this challenge.

Ived completed this challenge all the other years, but havent had the time in FM2011, so better late den never i shall begin the quest now :)

Ill post my manager profile when i get a decent team !

FC_United.png

2019/20 - Barclays Premier League

Survival last season was terrific. The realisation that my chairman would sell his own mother for a £10, no so much. I was hoping to keep my best players (albeit, young players) together. Anything better than mid-table would be a bonus.

League Table

League Positions

Despite have a very inexperienced squad, we have a lot of talented kids (some are bound to be wonderkids, merely without the description as yet.) I did the majority of my shopping last year in response to my chairman selling my best players for horrifically low fees. I was, however, able to bring in two fantastic Brazilian attacking midfielders and without a doubt, they helped with the new creative philosophy of my young side. I did, as is my chosen philosophy, bring in a few young players with touted potential on low wages to beef up the squad (over high-wage seniors), given that the size of the club is still relatively small.

We never dropped out of the top six all season long, which was incredible. The young players played well above expectations and I definitely have some brilliant potential on my hands (no doubt my chairman will still manage to sell one or two of them for me, down the road.)

We were the first team to beat leaders (at the time) Man Utd and ended up in a battle for the fourth Champions League spot. We thankfully pinched it in the last game of the season and now can look forward to some big names coming to our new stadium (moving to it this summer.)

All in all, a very productive season and there is definitely more to come from this young side.

Prediction position: 17th

FA Cup - We were the first side to beat Man Utd in the league, 4-2. We played them in the cup straight after that game (again at home) and amazingly, they beat us with the same score that we had previously done to them.

League Cup - A fantastic run (I felt it was definitely something to aim for), which included the demolishing of Chelsea over two legs (who ironically had crushed us weeks before in the league) and solid victory over Blackburn in the final to guarantee European football for next season.

Key Players:

Couldn't name any last season. Not the case this year.

Christian Maurer - 19 years old and thrown into the deep end this season. Came up with the goods more often than I expected. Picked up the Young Player of the Year Award. One to watch.

Cristian Guana - Bought for practically peanuts last season with rave reviews from scouts about his potential and low and behold, first team football has transformed this young goalkeeper into one of the hottest properties in Europe. Incredible potential.

Idir Mahsas - Young french winger/attacking midfielder. Incredible pace and got tons of assists. Again, so many of his best years ahead of him.

Schumacher - He's Brazilian, not German. He's also the best piece of business I think I've ever managed (Birmingham went into administration last year and I nabbed him for a cut price.) Literally a goal machine with his finishing ability alongside his physical attributes. Finished not only top scorer in the Premier League but also in Europe. Scary potential. Dying to sign him to a new long-term deal.

Club Info:

Transfers

Squad

Backroom Staff

Club facilities

Club overview

Finances

Affiliates

Manager Profile

Manager Personal

Next Season:

Moving into our new stadium this season and also our first taste of Champions League football. I'm excited and I think we can definitely challenge for the title with one or two signings to strengthen the squad. Hopefully we can be competitive in both the FA Cup and also the Champions League.

2018/19        Barclays Premier League      12th               Survival.
2019/20        Barclays Premier League      4th                Carling Cup winners.

Archived