dafuge's FM11 challenge

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anyone else do stuff like randomly sign some junk player, get him in, and wonder why on earth you bought him?

I signed a player for 5k, a D/M C who has shocking stats, and I can't for the life of me figure out what possible reason I would have bought him.

His potential is crap. His stats are horrid (5 for tackling, positioning, teamwork, concentration and so on for a D/M C), he's going to rot in the reserves for the entire 5 year contract that I inexplicably gave him.

I must have mixed him up with another player somehow.

Oh well.

New season, sorted out my depth again, stuck 4 players on the transfer list and in the reserves, would like a new first choice DL, and another attacking left winger.

If I can get the new DL, I'll be selling the current one.

Just had a nice player interaction.

Got a crap midfielder on loan from Crewe, stuck him in the reserves, he's got unhappy, told me off in the interaction screen, I've told him to prove himself in the reserves, he won't back down, I've told him to nick off that it's my team, he still won't back down, so I've just terminated the loan after one day. :D

Gutted, finished my first season top of the blue square north with Marine, really enjoying the game... then I noticed I had forgotten to change my past experience to Sunday League footballer, left it on automatic. :(

Ah well, holidaying again...

Wouldn't Automatic make you a sunday-league footballer anyway since you've taken over a terrible team?

Nantwich - League Two 2017/2018

Media Prediction - 23rd out of 24.

Actual Position - 1st.

Transfer wise there was some activity in hiring some high potential players, and selling off a half-dozen players no longer required. In was £14k, out gave us £115k back.

Another quickly played Season, we got off to an absolute flyer, immediately hitting a 5 game winning streak that left us in 1st, a minor dip during the first set of cup matches dropped us down to our lowest point of 4th, before we climbed back up to 1st. We ended up ahead by 14 points, on 94 Point, 29W 7D 10L - 98 For, 59AG, +39GD.

We didn't surrender the position. We stayed on top the entire season, pulling a gap of at least 12 points for pretty much the entire season.

A run of bad injuries threatened to hurt our promotion bid, we lost and drew games we normally would have won, but in the end the injury hit passed, our first choice squad came back, and we powered through to the title, winning the League with 5 games to spare.

We had a bad draw in the League Cup, home to Newcastle who defeated us 2-1.

At that point, with the board simply saying to enjoy the experience, I decided I didn't really want to impact on a title tilt with a JPT cup run that could result in over half a dozen games extra. I chucked a the reserves and youth team for the Paint Trophy, and promptly lost 0-1 in the first round to Morecambe.

The FA Cup started with a 4-1 hammering of fellow League Two side Cheltenham, then came to an end via a 3-1 loss away to League One Charlton.

The board were supportive enough this season, they gave me a variety of my requests including:

More physios (I have 3)

Scouts (two requests, resulting in a max of 9 which are currently filled).

Increased scouting (resulting in the ability to scout the entire world).

Our Training Facilities were upgraded towards the end of last season, and we now have Fairly Basic Training facilities.

And importantly, a Youth Academy.

Which they then cancelled after the last game of the season due to lack of funds.

They have yet to approve any upgrade to our Youth Facilities or Stadium, or any more upgrades to the training.

We will almost surely require stadium expansion in the near future, our average this year was 3,200. Our stadiums capacity is 3,500 (300 seated).

Season             League        League Finish              Other Notes
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2011/2012    Blue Square North         18th      
2012/2013    Blue Square North         9th      
2013/2014    Blue Square North         1st                  Promoted As Winners, FA Cup 2nd Round
2014/2015    Blue Square Premier       12th
2015/2016    Blue Square Premier       1st                  Promoted As Winners
2016/2017    League Two                14th                 FA Cup Third Round, JPT North Losing Finalist.
2017/2018    League Two                1st                  Promoted As Winners

[size=3][b]Competitions Won:[/b][/size]
League Two             2017/2018
Blue Square Premier    2015/2016
Blue Square North      2013/2014
[size=3]
[b]Personal Achievements:[/b][/size] 
[i]Monthly Awards:[/i]
2018 January  League One             Manager of the Month
2017 December League One             Manager of the Month
2017 August   League Two             Manager of the Month
2015 March    Blue Square Premier    Manager of the Month
2015 August   Blue Square Premier    Manager of the Month

[i]Seasonal Awards:[/i]
2017/18 League Two                    Manager Of The Season Winner
2015/16 Blue Square Premier           Manager of the Season Runner-up
2013/14 Blue Square North             Manager of the Season Winner
2011/12 Blue Square North             Manager of the Season 3rd

Wouldn't Automatic make you a sunday-league footballer anyway since you've taken over a terrible team?

You might be right but I've got to play by the rules dude. It would nag away at me if I didn't and I'm commiting a few months of my life to this game.

On the plus side I'm top of the league after five games on the re-match.

Just started this on the new patch with Lowestoft, had too as they are local to me so was happy when they popped up. I know their rep is one of the highest of the lots, but meh. Here goes. Think I'll set up a Norfolk Senior Cup competiton for the friendlies + others.

Absolutely collapsed in my 2nd season in league one with Kingstonian. I'm so ****ed off i'm not even gonna write a report. finished 17th. was in play offs first half of season then i didnt win in 14 games then only picked up 2 wins after that. To top that off somehow i've plunged into -49k in the red after selling some stars for £150k-£255k.

My whole squads either ****. Unhappy wanting to move clubs or unwilling to sign new contracts. I'm selling everybody. (Except heroes Oscarr Jansen & Jeff Henderson) Everyones listed. Bunch of pukes.

I'm on one heck of a run at the moment - currently I've won in a 14 row and conceded precisely zero goals in the last 8 games.

My main striker, with acceleration of 17 and pace of 16, has scored 23 goals in 19 appearances.

Nantwich - League Two 2018/2019

Media Prediction - 24th out of 24.

Actual Position - 4th.

Too annoyed to bother typing up a proper report.

Threw away a massive chance for back to back league titles or an automatic promotions with some horrible performances in the last 10 matches, then played like crap and lost 1-0 in the play-off final to Millwall.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2013/2014    Blue Square North         1st                  Promoted As Winners, FA Cup 2nd Round
2016/2017    League Two                14th                 FA Cup Third Round, JPT North Losing Finalist.
2018/2019    League Two 4th Lost in play-off final

[size=3]

2017/18 League Two                    Manager Of The Season Winner

Crispypaul - Carshalton - Season 2011/12 - Blue Square Bet South

As is usually the case with promoted teams, we were predicted to finish low, in our case 21st. However in the end it was quite a formality to win the league. Oddly another promoted team, Sutton United, won in the play off final.

We had a good run in the FA Cup - fortunately the draws were kind so we had a fairly easy run to the 3rd round. Against West Ham in the 3rd round, we scored first but in the end it was a respectable narrow loss at Upton Park.

We had a decent run in the FA trophy. However we went out to eventual finalists Basingstoke.

The key players were:

GK:

Robert Beckwith was at the club when I joined, and remained to play every game in goal.

Defence:

Perry Ryan at left back was solid throughout.

Richard Brindley was the same on the other flank.

Gordon Dick was a rock at the back.

Lewis Tallack was the same.

Midfield:

Jason St Juste was great down the left.

Jordan Bent was the same on the other wing.

Billy Goddard pulled the strings in midfield.

Attack:

Christiano Kisuka performed well after he joined.

Callum Bagshaw was excellent as our main forward.

Nialle Rodney showed why a poacher works well at this level.

In other news, Chelsea won the Premiership and Liverpool the FA Cup, and Sunderland won the League Cup. Man Utd picked up the Champions League and Lille the Europa League. I won the Blue Square Bet South Manager of the Year award as expected.

Aim for the BSP - do not get relegated!

Season        Division            Position                 Achievements
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2011/12       BSS                 1st                       Champions, Promoted

Hednesford 2025-26 and 2026-27 End of Season Updates

b88fe53f9548ee7c

sig.php?&u=10130&update

Bradford Park Avenue 

[left]2011/2012    Blue Square North        21st      23 League games without a win followed by 9 wins in 17 games not enough to survive.[/left]

Hednesford
2012/2013    Blue Square North        1st       League Champions with 5 games to spare

[left]

[left]2013/2014    Blue Square Premier      1st       League / Cup Double
[left]2014/2015    League 2                   11th      Nearly won the Johnstones Paint Trophy North Quarterfinal
2015/2016    League 2                   1st       League / JPT Double
2016/2017    League 1                   3rd       Promotion via playoffs and JPT
2017/2018    Championship             19th      
2018/2019    Championship             18th      
2019/2020    Championship             10th      
2020/2021    Championship             9th
2021/2022    Champonship              2nd    Promotion
2022/2023    Premiership                18th   Relegation
2023/2024    Championship             1st     Promoted as winners
2024/2025    Premiership                10th   FA Cup Final
2025/2026    Premiership                9th
2026/2027    Premiership                6th     FA and League Cup semi-finalists, UEFA Cup Qualification

[/left]

[/left]

[/left]

Although I’m still playing the game, my enthusiasm for updates has lessened a bit of late.

25-26 – I was in the hunt for a European qualification place right up until the final game, which I lost sending me to 9th, missing out on Europe by 1 point

26-27 – I had 6th pretty much wrapped up a month before the end of the season, but I wasn’t certain this would be good enough, because of English clubs lower down the table winning or getting to the finals of the various cups. In the end England has 9 clubs in Europe in the 27-28 season, including the Uefa Cup and Champions League holders. Hednesford start in the 4th qualifying round.

I reached the semis of both the league and FA Cup, losing to the eventual winners. This, rather to my surprise, was enough to get me the Manager of the Year. I mean, it’s nice, but Arsenal (FA Cup), Man City (League Cup), Chelsea (Premiership and Champions League) and Aston Villa (UEFA Cup) all won actual things. The only silverware I was responsible for was the bling around the agents’ necks.

In the past couple of seasons I’ve lost a couple of my best players, but mostly I’ve been able to hold on to my squad. However, last season, when we scored just 46 goals in the league, convinced me that the club icon, Scottish hero and record goalscorer, Chris Smith, had to go. He was a product of our youth system, and at times went on impressive goalscoring streaks. However, even with 1 good season out of our first 4 in the Premiership, 34 goals in 100 starts tells its own story; that of over-sentimentality. He’s not the only problem up front. I wouldn’t have kept playing him this long, if the others had been scoring either. I have a batch of promising strikers, and I’ve bought a replacement for Smith.

Now that I’m in 2027, I’m hoping that a ‘son’ will appear sometime in the next few seasons. I’m going to reload quite a few times from now on in that hope. It’s a 10,000-1 chance, and the chances are he’d be crap, but it might be quite fun to see how far he could go with our top notch facilities and training.

We’re not really a small club anymore. Our capacity will be about 34,000 by December, and our facilities are very good. We’re the 6th richest English club, (18th in the world) and getting close to being able to compete for top honours. My minimum expectations is that we’ll qualify for the Champions league next season, and hopefully win a trophy along the way.

Nantwich - League Two 2019/2020

Media Prediction - 13th out of 24.

Actual Position - 2nd.

A much better season. We stayed 2nd or 3rd for pretty much the entire season. We went up to 2nd from 3rd for the last time with 12 matches to play. We didn't really have a chance of catching up to 1st.

The end of the season was quite poor, a lot of 1-0 wins, dour performances. It was annoying to me, because we'd win, but play crap, and nothing I did took us back to play better. We limped home, with the other teams falling over themselves more than anything we did. MK Dons were in 3rd for the final part of the season, and they really missed their chances.

We beat them 1-0, then in the next game had a counter-attacking 3-0 win vs 20th place and fighting for survival Tranmere to secure promotion.

In the cups we slogged through the entire Johnstone Paint Trophy draw, only to lose 1-2 to the League One winning Southhampton, in another of those mediocre performances. That competition just doesn't end. We lost 4-1 to Lincoln in the first round of the League Cup after I played a youth team. The FA Cup was horrible, a 1st round exit to Blue Square Premier Fleetwood Town.

Another 2nd year promotion. This version of the challenge is going a lot better than previous ones.

Financially, our wage budget is killing us.

Our board has just cancelled plans for the Youth Academy.

They have just announced plans for a new stadium:

fmstadium.jpg

I partly happy. We really need a new stadium. This stadium, assuming we're still in the Championship, will be the smallest even including Scunthorpe, and excluding them, will be the smallest by 10,000 seats. At least the bank loan is only 35k a month, which is pretty small compared to our wages.

I'm looking to offload a couple of our players, but not too many, and it won't make that big a dent in our wages. I also definitely need another left back and perhaps an new Keeper. Our current two have been with us all the way from the Blue Square Premier, and whilst their vital stats are great, we can possibly get one on another level for the Championship.

2018/2019    League One                4th                  Lost in play-off final
2019/2020    League One                2nd                 Promoted As Runner-Up. JPT Lost in Final.

[size=3]
2020 December Championship       Manager of the Month

2019/20 League One                    Manager of the Season Winner
2017/18 League Two                    Manager of the Season Winner

News items that come up when I load up again:

1.7 million over 2 years for my first choice AML.

Gimme the cash.

Also offered out one of my AMR's on a free transfer (to get rid of his 275k per year wages), he's had an offer so hopefully he'll leave.

Nantwich Chairman looking to stand aside.

A 'local businessman' could be in line to take over.

Interesting times ahead.

News items that come up when I load up again:

1.7 million over 2 years for my first choice AML.

Gimme the cash.

Mm, maybe the right decision, but now you're in the Championship, you'll be surprised how palfry 1.7 million will soon seem. On the other hand, you'll also be shocked just how rubbish some of your current first choices may soon be.

Of course, this is only from my perspective, because I was stuck in the Championship for what seemed ages.

How much are you in debt? If you're being taken over, you need to get the confidence up to ensure that you don't get dumped. In my game, when I won the Championship, the team in second obtained automatic promotion, had a takeover and sacked their manager. Nobody has posted on this board to say that they took their team up 4 divisions and then the new board replaced them, but then anyone in that situation would probably smash their computer to pieces, thus adversely affecting their ability to post.

My Chairman is slowly edging towards retirement, and I'm quite nervous. In a way it would be better to get it over and done with.

I'm playing as FC Halifax and am currently in the 2015/2016 season. I've done pretty well so far having achieved 4 successive promotions, winning the Blue Square North and the Blue Square Prem, finishing 2nd in League 2 and beating Leeds to the become champions of League 1. Am now in the championship and it's got really tough. I've still got a 6500 seater stadium with a 75k wage budget. I'm about 5 games into the season so far and have only managed 4 points, but 3 of them did come at Fratton Park, which is great.

I'm just going to try and survive this season and build the club up a bit financially. I'm not particularly bothered about the stadium just yet, I just could really do with some better training facilities, as I've bought in one or two youth's which could bring me financial bliss. :D

I'll provide pictorial evidence and further write-up's if anyones particularly arsed. :D

Mid-season report.

Going outstanding, we currently sit in 3rd as of the 1st of Jan 2021.

There was a small slump in between, but we stand on 25 played, 13 wins, 6 draws and 6 losses for 45 points, 2 points from 2nd, and 10 from 1st.

Having played an intense series of money-spinning friendlies, along with some player sales, the board let me readjust.

I told them I'd finish mid-table, and they gave me a 3.2 million wage budget and 800k transfer funds.

I'm looking to offload one of my CB's, who is coming to the end of his contract, is already on 400k per year, and has been offered out to Newcastle and another club who both offered 75k. Losing him would hurt my team a little, but I'm not keeping him anyway, too expensive, and it will free up funds I can use to look for a replacement.

Crispypaul - Carshalton - Season 2012/13 - Blue Square Bet Premier

Predicted to finish bottom, we upset the odds to win the league fairly easily.

We had a good run in the FA Cup again - fortunately the draws were kind so we had a fairly straightforward run to the 3rd round again. Against Newcastle in the 3rd round, we had a respectable 2-0 defeat at St James' Park.

In the FA Trophy we had a few tough games. But picked lifted the trophy with a stunning win over Bromley.

The key players were:

GK:

Matthew Unwin was ever present in goal.

Defence:

Robbie Williams did well at left back.

Luke Coulson was great as right back.

Gordon Dick marshalled the defence.

Lewis Tallack was the same again.

Midfield:

Reece Hands played well as a central midfielder.

Ryan Fredericks used his pace down the right.

Billy Goddard helped protect the defence.

Attack:

Christiano Kisuka stood in well after Bagshaw's injury.

Callum Bagshaw was excellent as our main forward despite a 4 month lay off.

Nialle Rodney bagged a hatful of goals once more.

In other news, Chelsea won the Premiership again and Man Utd the FA Cup, and Man City won the League Cup. Athletico Madrid picked up the Champions League (beating Real in the final) and Sevilla the Europa League. For some reason I only came 2nd in the BSP manager of the year award...

Time to consolidate in League 2 as another promotion is too much.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012/13       BSP                 1st                        Champions, Promoted, FAT Winners

Doing this challenge, but never wrote any reports in here before. After two successive promotions with Colwyn Bay, I am about to start life in the football league. However, ALL of my contracts are part time! I didnt offer any of my players full time contracts as I thought they would all automatically go full time when the club went professional! This season is all about surviving anyway, but do you think the fact that my players are on PT contracts can ruin my season? Managed to get a few of them to sign FT contracts without increasing their salary, but the rest demands their current wages x5 to go full time.

Cheers

Nantwich - Championship 2020/2021

Actual Position - 6th - Lost in play-off semi-final.

This season wasn't even close to what I expected. I was expected a dire relegation fight, severe financial issues, and scraping survival.

Instead our season was comprised of 4 major quarters and an epilogue. A brilliant start. A slump. A brilliant third quarter. A slump. Scraping into the play-offs.

We'd win/draw 7 or 8 in a row. Then lose 5 or 6. Then win again. Then towards the end we started losing momentum. We lost a chance to secure a play-off spot with a loss to Huddersfield on the 2nd last league match-day.

Then we played Cardiff. Winner takes all, the last spot in the playoffs.

mcq9oy.jpg

So we were through. Drew 2-2 in the home leg. Then got smashed 5-2 in the away leg for a 7-4 agg loss. We fought to the end, but they were always threatening on the counter, and killed the match with two late goals.

Financially we are in a much much better position. I managed to arrange some sweet friendlies, such as a Liverpool/Chelsea/Arsenal/Nantwich tournament. I sold off some not quite essential players, and that sorted our finances. With the payments given to us by the league we have nearly £10,000,000 in the bank.

The chairman has been looking for new owners all season, and we are currently in our third transfer embargo. This time, another local businessman is looking to takeover, and suggests he'd clear our debts.

The board has invested in our youth recruitment network. Our stadium continues to be on time, and should be open in time for Season 2022/2023 (one more year at the current stadium).

I have cleaned out the crap youth and reserve players, and 4 players have come to the end of their contracts and are released.

I have some good potential players coming in. Three 20 year old Italians on free transfers, a Good Premiership Potential Central Attacking Midfielder, a Leading Championship potential Striker/AMC, and a Decent Premiership potential AMC/MC/ST, a 16 year old good Premiership potential Danish AMC for 170k, and a Swedish 20 year old Leading Championship potential striker. Most of these are more speculative, but with some good development could very much become first team players.

I'll be sorting out the rest of the squad soon, and deciding on where to invest.

2018/2019    League One                4th                  Lost in play-off final
2019/2020    League One                2nd                 Promoted As Runner-Up. JPT Lost in Final.
2020/2021   Championship              6th                 Lost Promotion Semi-Final

[size=3]

A well deserved victory ha who did you play in the semi-final?

Nantwich - Championship 2020/2021

Actual Position - 6th - Lost in play-off semi-final.

This season wasn't even close to what I expected. I was expected a dire relegation fight, severe financial issues, and scraping survival.

Instead our season was comprised of 4 major quarters and an epilogue. A brilliant start. A slump. A brilliant third quarter. A slump. Scraping into the play-offs.

We'd win/draw 7 or 8 in a row. Then lose 5 or 6. Then win again. Then towards the end we started losing momentum. We lost a chance to secure a play-off spot with a loss to Huddersfield on the 2nd last league match-day.

Then we played Cardiff. Winner takes all, the last spot in the playoffs.

mcq9oy.jpg

So we were through. Drew 2-2 in the home leg. Then got smashed 5-2 in the away leg for a 7-4 agg loss. We fought to the end, but they were always threatening on the counter, and killed the match with two late goals.

Financially we are in a much much better position. I managed to arrange some sweet friendlies, such as a Liverpool/Chelsea/Arsenal/Nantwich tournament. I sold off some not quite essential players, and that sorted our finances. With the payments given to us by the league we have nearly £10,000,000 in the bank.

The chairman has been looking for new owners all season, and we are currently in our third transfer embargo. This time, another local businessman is looking to takeover, and suggests he'd clear our debts.

The board has invested in our youth recruitment network. Our stadium continues to be on time, and should be open in time for Season 2022/2023 (one more year at the current stadium).

I have cleaned out the crap youth and reserve players, and 4 players have come to the end of their contracts and are released.

I have some good potential players coming in. Three 20 year old Italians on free transfers, a Good Premiership Potential Central Attacking Midfielder, a Leading Championship potential Striker/AMC, and a Decent Premiership potential AMC/MC/ST, a 16 year old good Premiership potential Danish AMC for 170k, and a Swedish 20 year old Leading Championship potential striker. Most of these are more speculative, but with some good development could very much become first team players.

I'll be sorting out the rest of the squad soon, and deciding on where to invest.

2020/2021   Championship              6th                 Lost Promotion Semi-Final

[size=3]

So here we go - this is my start with newly promoted Cambridge city - sorry about the late post, was watching Lost all night and didn't find the time to post!

http://i607.photobucket.com/albums/tt151/preston_kid/JimWarrilowProfile_Attributes-2.png

Holding down a solid position after 10 games and i feel i could get promoted if we don't have a dip! screenshots to all info below.

Transfers - http://i607.photobucket.com/albums/tt151/preston_kid/CambridgeCityTransfers_History.png

Tactics - http://i607.photobucket.com/albums/tt151/preston_kid/CambridgeCityCambridgeC_Tactics.png

League Table - http://i607.photobucket.com/albums/tt151/preston_kid/BlueSquareBetNorthInformation_LeagueTable-2.png

Wish me luck - will follow up with end of season performance ect

Challenge Completed

Winning Champions League goal below

[video=youtube;w3M4LBcr_Ck]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3M4LBcr_Ck&hd=1

FC United of Manchester Season Reviews 2011/19

League Tables

Season 1 | Season 2 | Season 3 | Season 4 |Season 5 | Season 6 | Season 7 | Season 8

Position Graphs

Season 1 | Season 2 | Season 3 | Season 5 | Season 6

Finances

Season 1 | Season 2 | Season 3 | Season 5 | Season 6 | Season 8

Transfers

Season 1 | Season 2 | Season 3 | Season 4|Season 5 | Season 6 | Season 7 | Season 8

Manager Profile

Season 1 | Season 2 | Season 3 | Season 5 | Season 6 | Season 7

Manager Personal

Season 1 | Season 2 | Season 3 | Season 5 | Season 6 | Season 7

Cups

Champions League

Season 7 | Season 8

FA Cup

Season 1 | Season 2 | Season 3 | Season 4 | Season 5 | Season 6 | Season 7 | Season 8

Carling Cup

Season 3 | Season 4 | Season 5 | Season 6 | Season 7 | Season 8

Community Shield

Season 5 | Season 7 | Season 8

Europa League

Season 5

FA Trophy

Season 1 | Season 2

Johnstone's Paint Trophy

Season 3 | Season 4

Awards

Domestic

Manager of the Year

Season 1 | Season 2 | Season 3 | Season 4 | Season 5 | Season 7 | Season 8

PFA Player of the Year

Season 7

Football Writers Footballer of the Year

Season 8

PFA Young Player of the Year

Season 7 | Season 8

Team of the Year

Season 3 | Season 4 | Season 5 | Season 7 | Season 8

Top Goalscorer

Season 2 | Season 4 | Season 5

Goal of the Season

Season 3 | Season 4 | Season 7

Europe

Dream Team

Season 7 | Season 8

Best Player

Season 8

Golden Boot

Season 8

Season     League                    Position  Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2011/12    Blue Square North          1st      FA Trophy winner
2012/13    Blue Square Premier        1st      FA Trophy winner
2013/14    Coca-Cola League 2         1st      Carling Cup runner up, JPT winner
2014/15    Coca-Cola League 1         1st      FA Cup winner, JPT winner
2015/16    The Championship           1st      1st Knockout Rnd Europa League, FA Cup semi
2016/17    Premier League             4th      FA Cup winner
2017/18    Premier League             1st      FA Cup winner, Champions League QF
2018/19    Premier League             1st      FA Cup winner, Champions League winner

Impressive work there roseboy. Looks like I'll have my 3rd successful promotion but I'm already out of all cups by Xmas.

Have you had any stadium issues? Just I remember when I did this challenge early on in FM10 I got to the Premier League with Boreham Wood but only had 500 seats and thereby only 500 attendance, so I gave up.

I'm a little worried with Carshalton at the moment as despite having an 8000 capacity stadium only about 250 is seating.

Very nice roseboy64, I might need to start with FC United, Cambridge City just dont cut it as they have a tiny stadium and i really cant be bothered getting to League 1/Championship and have 500 fans come watch me in my shed of a stadium.... well done though mate

I don't think that the attendance thing is ever going to be a big problem, because 1 of 2 things will happen.

If you get to the Premier League quickly your wage bill should still be quite low, and the huge amount of TV money that you receive will offset any losses that you make from the reduced attendance.

If it takes a few seasons to get there, then you should have your new stadium built by the time that you get there. I think typically folk get a new stadium after about 10 years.

Do Cambridge have a 2000 capacity at the start of the game? That would **** up your ability to have lucrative friendlies at home, but I would suggest the important thing is to have about 10 million in the bank by the time you get to the Premiership, as spoonsorship and flogging your old stadium should stop you having to take out a loan.

However, my team, Hednesford had a 6,500 capacity to start off with, and about half of those were seats (I think), so i guess things were a bit easier for me.

Doing this challenge, but never wrote any reports in here before. After two successive promotions with Colwyn Bay, I am about to start life in the football league. However, ALL of my contracts are part time! I didnt offer any of my players full time contracts as I thought they would all automatically go full time when the club went professional! This season is all about surviving anyway, but do you think the fact that my players are on PT contracts can ruin my season? Managed to get a few of them to sign FT contracts without increasing their salary, but the rest demands their current wages x5 to go full time.

Cheers

Finished our first season in the Football League and what a season it was! Never in danger of relegation, sitting 10th by Christmas, we went on a nice run with one loss seperating two 8 games unbeaten runs. Managed to claim the last automatic promotionspot on the last day thanks to a screamer from my youngish midfielder with 4 for longshots!

This summer the squad needs a major overhaul, and I need to figure out how I want to play, aswell as replacing many of my players that definately cant cut it in League 1.

THe fact that most of my players were on PT-contracts didnt seem to matter much, other than that they didnt develop to well of course. However, in the end it was my 4 FT players that shot us up the league towards the end. Right after the last game of the season the board went on a spending spree, announcing plans for Youth Academy,Youth Facilities and a 800 seat-expansion of our stadium!

Crispypaul - Carshalton - Season 2013/14 - nPower League Two

Predicted to finish bottom, we again did well to win the league with a few games to go.

The cups were a little disappointing this time around. We were knocked in the 2nd round away to Rotherham. In the League Cup, we smashed Pompey but then were knocked out by Wigan. In the Johnstone's Paint Trophy we went out immediately to Yeovil.

The key players were:

GK:

Matthew Unwin in goal.

Defence:

James Campbell a £100k signing from Arsenal did well.

Keanu Marsh-Brown on a season long loan was our main right back.

Derrick Williams did well in defence.

Jide Maduako,another loanee, did well alongside.

Midfield:

Reece Hands played well again.

Matteo Alberti was great down the right.

Marian Voronak was a good signing in January.

Kingsley Loft as another loanee did well on the left.

Attack:

Dennis Christu was a good signing.

Patrik Twardzik did well up front.

Nialle Rodney scored more goals and has over 100 now for Carshalton.

In other news, Man Utd won the Premiership again and Liverpool the FA Cup, and Spurs won the League Cup. Chelsea picked up the Champions League (beating Barcelona in the final) and Schalke the Europa League.

It looks like I'll have a takeover soon as the chairman is "Willing to listen to offers". Hopefully I've done enough not to be sacked.

Aim is not to get relegated from League One!

2012/13       BSP                 1st                        Champions, Promoted, FAT Winners
2013/14       L2                   1st                        Champions, Promoted

Yeah I think the stadium with FC United helped me and also buying the right players. Managed to get decent wage budgets early on so could get some of the names banded about on here as well as some Premier League castoffs in League 2 and such. Early years I bought pretty much anyone with talent on 1 or 2 year deals. Aim was to always have a squad good enough to challenge for the top of the league. Oh and Wayne Routledge. He was brilliant for me.

Basically getting a good AssMan and letting him do his magic as well as scouting loads of players and having massive squad turnover and a wage budget to do it.

FC United start off with a 10000+ seater stadium so it was never really a problem. Huge advantage choosing FC United. Not to mention the chairman believing in me and loaning the club money. So for now I'll just focus on youth players and try and improve my facilities. Want to get to the stage where I have enough money in the bank to sign any player I want. I sold Gorka, my best midfielder at the time, in the middle of last season and managed to pull it off. Quite thrilled with that. I must admit though that i replayed the CL final as the computer froze. Lost to Man Utd via a last minute goal 1-0 which I would rather since I want Solskjaer to keep his job but seems they've been kind and let him stay on.

Hednesford 2025-26 and 2026-27 End of Season Updates

b88fe53f9548ee7c

Man City, the dominant team in my game, ran away with the Premiership, which they won with about 6 games to go, and had beaten us in the League Cup Final. The game after they had secured the title, we played them in the FA Cup Final, and won 8-0. We went on to win the FA and UEFA Cups. That's 29 Cup games in all.

Hopefully this season we can challenge for the title.

With the latest stadium expansion, our attendance has peaked at an average of just over 30,000, so it looks as though that is the most we'll get, though we can sell all the seats for big matches.

Bradford Park Avenue 
2011/2012    Blue Square North        21st      23 League games without a win followed by 9 wins in 17 games not enough to survive.
Hednesford
2012/2013    Blue Square North        1st       League Champions with 5 games to spare
2013/2014    Blue Square Premier      1st       League / Cup Double
2014/2015    League 2                   11th      Nearly won the Johnstones Paint Trophy North Quarterfinal
2015/2016    League 2                   1st       League / JPT Double
2016/2017    League 1                   3rd       Promotion via playoffs and JPT
2017/2018    Championship             19th      
2018/2019    Championship             18th      
2019/2020    Championship             10th      
2020/2021    Championship             9th
2021/2022    Champonship              2nd    Promotion
2022/2023    Premiership                18th   Relegation
2023/2024    Championship             1st     Promoted as winners
2024/2025    Premiership                10th   FA Cup Final
2025/2026    Premiership                9th
2026/2027    Premiership                6th     FA and League Cup semi-finalists, UEFA Cup Qualification
2027/2028    Premiership                3rd     FA Cup & UEFA Cup Winners, League Cup Finalists, CL Qualification

Nantwich - Championship 2021/2022

Media Prediction - 16th out of 24.

Actual Position - 8th

A very 'average' season. We didn't play up to my exceptions, a tactic change didn't quite pay off, we climbed the ladder steadily but couldn't push into the top 6 for more than a week. In the cups we made the League Cup 3rd round, falling to Aston Villa on penalties after a mammoth struggle down a man after a red card, FA Cup we were trounced 4-0 in the 3rd round by QPR.

With the board takeover completed, it freed up a lot of money, and I brought in a some high potential players, a brazilian CB labelled as the next "Bordon" and a british AMR, who are both rated as potentially leading Premiership division players.

We completed a Youth Recruitment Network upgrade towards the end of the season, and another will be complete around the start of the new season.

Barring any delay, our new 8,750 seat stadium will be complete in a few months, ready for the new season.

Next season will probably be another one of consolidation, I'm not sure we'll have too much money to play with, although it's possible my players could develop further and bring us into playoff/promotion contention.

2020/2021    Championship              6th                 Lost Promotion Semi-Final
2021/2022    Championship              8th

[size=3]
[i]Manager Of The Month Awards :[/i]
Championship - Dec 2022, Dec 2020
League One - Jan 2018, Dec 2017
League Two - Aug 2017
Blue Square Premier - March 2015, Aug 2015

Has anyone ha a 'son' ?

"a small feature in FM that you might have a player with your surname come through the youth academy with you as his favoured personnel. So in the reality of the game, it's treated as your character's "son"."

If you have a common surname, you may not have even noticed him, so you could search for your surname. I'm unsure if the feature kicks in only once you've been playing the game for about 15 or 16 seasons.

Only 1 in every 10,000 youth players will be your 'son'.

Oh, and incidentally, this isn't an April Fools thing. There's plenty of threads about sons.

I've never had:

A son.

Stadium named after me.

Ever.

:(

Although it's funny, the game will add your last name to the name database. I actually signed/had a player with my last name for a while before I sold him for some cash.

game update: I'm getting killed by injuries, all over the park I've had players out for long periods of time, the game even saw it and called my team 'injury ravaged'.

Archived