OFFICIAL FM2011 Demo First Impressions Thread

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Found my first bug.. and its ****ing me off

you can't view players in any reserve teams. its just black, the players dont appear in the 1st Team Squad or the Youth Team squad.. only way you can find them is by searching for them

For example.. Craig Eastmond

Not in the reserve team..

2u4u249.jpg

but after searching him.. he is..

245y5pu.jpg

its the same for EVERY play listed in any teams reserve squad

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/230579-FM11-Demo-Can-t-View-other-teams-reserves.

Posted in the Bug Forum.. no reply yet

I've now asked for a save game in that thread. Something has gone wrong with your filters there, which explains why you're not seeing any reserve players as the reserve team filter is unavailable.

lmao - not. I am in the top 5 in the game. Doesn't matter where you are in the table, class players are class players and we all know that irl at these prices these players would be snapped up.

this has been bugging me a bit to be honest.

i timed it to be sure, and from me submitting my team to get to the preview panel takes around 11 seconds, and during that time displays an annoying blank-ish page, with no player names on it.

I'll look into this. I'm assuming the response time will vary according to the machine.

One thing i do dislike is the news that I need to have a staff meeting. I prefer to play things by ear during a game but when things like this come up i feel as if im going to destroy the morale of my staff if i dont attend their meetings. Are these things added to help out poorer players but they do work generally but can also be ignored with no side effects?

Hi, this seems to be replicateable for me.

If I request a report card on someone, later when I receive the report I look at it by clicking on the button in the news report, I then click on the comparison tab, from now on only the goalkeeper stats will show instead of the technical stats.

Thanks for this. These steps will hopefully be helpful in determing what is causing this.

lmao - not. I am in the top 5 in the game. Doesn't matter where you are in the table, class players are class players and we all know that irl at these prices these players would be snapped up.

Not if teams dont have that to spend how else they going to pay sexual favours :)

apart from man city irl who has spent millions this year so far?

except sunderland on 1 player (taht was their entire budget)

i think you will find the majority have been loans or freebies or at best players under 8 million

I am also having the same proble, exactly the same!

ERROR: Cannot run game: Failed to set up graphics system

Please download the following update from the Microsoft Direct X SDK:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=3021d52b-514e-41d3-ad02-438a3ba730ba

When downloading this file please use the Firefox browser as some people have encounter difficulties when using Internet Explorer.

You should also check that you are running the latest graphics driver, you can do this by visiting the computer manufacturer website, or by visiting the graphics card manufacturing website.

Also if you are running Steam, make sure this is not running when attempting to install

like neil said please make sure you're using firefox and not internet explorer

• SI Staff
How do I get to view the editor in FM11 demo from steam please? I would like to view my squads stats.

There is no editor with the demo. That comes with the full game.

• SI Staff
I cannot provide a link as this has been mentioned several times over several years, so I would not even no where to start.

The managers stats/history needs more details rather like the history page for teams where it shows the competition and the year this was won, but for managers it would also have the team you were managing at that time in brackets or something. Instead of awards won, there should be more detail, so clicking on this would open up a section showing which different awards, when and with which team, managers place of birth, most hated team, manager, player etc. There are many other things that could be added to this, and I believe that this is often overlooked and clearly so do others on this forum.

OK, well the best thing to do is start a Suggestion topic about it and I'll tag it for discussion at our feature meetings.

apart from man city irl who has spent millions this year so far?

except sunderland on 1 player (taht was their entire budget)

i think you will find the majority have been loans or freebies or at best players under 8 million

Rubbish. Wolves spent £17m this close season. Times can't be that hard.

I'm not sure whether anyone has mentioned this, but in TV view on the match screen why do the widgets reset their position to the top of the screen after every game??? Why can't they just stay where I put them?? Only a small issue I know but it really winds me up!! Also why can't we re-size the widgets??

Anyone been successfulin getting one of their players to agree to a ppm - mine are a stroppy lot, not a sniff, they tell me they will get no benefit from that change!

K

yeah milner changed for and so did de jong not going hard in tackles ;) and the younger players did but yaya toure had a fit so i put him in the reserves :)

I cannot provide a link as this has been mentioned several times over several years, so I would not even no where to start.

The managers stats/history needs more details rather like the history page for teams where it shows the competition and the year this was won, but for managers it would also have the team you were managing at that time in brackets or something. Instead of awards won, there should be more detail, so clicking on this would open up a section showing which different awards, when and with which team, managers place of birth, most hated team, manager, player etc. There are many other things that could be added to this, and I believe that this is often overlooked and clearly so do others on this forum.

I would rather have new features than some extra, superficial, information to be honest.

if you purchase full game and get same problem it will definately disappear with windowed mode :)

As I said mate, windowed mode is greyed out for me. :( If this will happen in the full game, I'm really worried. :(

Gave up on demo. 5 crash dumps and 8 times the problem i posted above. Updated everything as Neil posted in sticky. can't even go past inter-squad match...

If you have done this already apologies but have you uninstalled and reinstalled could be a corrupt download - unlikely I know but! Other than that there must be a conflict with something you have running on your pc?

Hope you get it fixed soon.

K

If you have done this already apologies but have you uninstalled and reinstalled could be a corrupt download - unlikely I know but! Other than that there must be a conflict with something you have running on your pc?

Hope you get it fixed soon.

K

It took me 3-4 hours to download the demo, so am not keen on downloading it again tbh mate. Cheers.

try playing fm11 demo with nothing else loaded up like msn or IE? or other applications

also not sure if this is in the demo but go to preferences and click threading?

I doubt it's due to me runnin msn and IE in the background. my PC can handle it easily I think. Threading is ticked already mate.

ah well i'm sorry mate, i've noticed how excited you were to play this demo a few days ago :(

i think people like myself that don't get problems are very lucky

Yeah mate. I'm really worried if this happens in the full game. :( :( I'll get over it as it's only a demo, but would be awful if i have the same problem with the full game.

Am off to sleep now, got to get up early. I hope someone help me solve this problem. :thup:

Thanks and cheers.

• Administrators
I'm not sure whether anyone has mentioned this, but in TV view on the match screen why do the widgets reset their position to the top of the screen after every game??? Why can't they just stay where I put them?? Only a small issue I know but it really winds me up!! Also why can't we re-size the widgets??

The widgets resetting is something we're aware of and are looking into. Unfortunately due to the nature of the widgets we can't have them re-sizeable for this game - hopefully it's something that'll be looked into for a future version.

• Administrators
Gave up on demo. 5 crash dumps and 8 times the problem i posted above. Updated everything as Neil posted in sticky. can't even go past inter-squad match...

Hi Fabio, could you please PM me directly with exactly the issues you're suffering with - when the crashes occur and what you're doing in game. Also knowing your system specs would be helpful to get us identifying this issue - it may well be a system compatibility issue. Let me know, thanks.

Hi Fabio, could you please PM me directly with exactly the issues you're suffering with - when the crashes occur and what you're doing in game. Also knowing your system specs would be helpful to get us identifying this issue - it may well be a system compatibility issue. Let me know, thanks.

Will do Neil.

Cheers.

Another suggestion for improvement: the 'cuts inside' PPM should be split into 'cuts inside from left' and 'cuts inside from right'.

Haha. Think about it... cuts inside.

If the player is on the left and he cuts inside, he will be cutting in from the left... otherwise he would be cutting to the outside ?!

If you have Gareth Bale and you teach him cut inside. No matter what flank he is on - he will do just that... cut inside.

Hi guys,

I was wondering... in 3D view matches, do you see the number on the players shirts? In my game they dont show!

Yes if you use TV mode you can see them but there are very small! But still discernable. Easier to see on plain tops than on striped shirts.

My first impression of the demo? Absolutely fantastic. Quite easily the best Football Manager game I've ever played, since FM07. I just love the stunning 3D match engine, which I think is much more intelligent now than it was before, and I agree with *almost* all of the player's attributes. Perhaps a work rate of 14 for David N'Gog is a little much, considering he is lazy, but I'm sure your researchers have put more thought into it than I have. I also thought perhaps too many players had a determination of 20, for when I did a search there was more than a page full of players with this attribute rating, yet when I searched for players with a decisions rating of 20, there were only two of three - perhaps this is because players in general are more driven than they are smart, but I thought it was worth noting.

Anyway, I obviously can't judge one feature yet, which is the revamped regens, but I've been impressed with every new feature I've come across so far, bar none.

- I love how much quicker the new press conferences are.

- I like the new stadium effects, and player animations.

- The new interface is great - much neater.

- It's great seeing players diving into challenges!

- I can't remember if this was a feature in FM10, but the ability to make quick tactical changes and substitutions in the middle of a match is just great.

- Same as above; I like how, when minimised, the widgets, if originally placed at the bottom of the screen, will minimise downwards. It's just the little things like that which please me.

- When you stand 10 feet back, it looks like a real game, no joke. And I was using medium detail.

There will no doubt always be someone who dislikes the game, but they will have to be trying pretty hard to fault this game. Great job SI. :thup:

Archived