Wishlist: What you would like to see in future versions of the game. All 'list' ideas in here.

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

More comprehensive Data Base of Comunitarian passport South American players. In real life most of South American players have double nationality (Argentinian/Spanish, or Brazilian/Italian etc..) and can play as a EU player in Europe. So, it's more easy to sign this players if you're a low league club.

I think in game this is not correctly set as there are fewer players in this passport situation

Long-Term-Games:

Ability to add a Reserves Squad (or remove, I suppose?) would be great for those of us who bring a team up to higher divisions over many years. Adding squads would be realistic and could be reflected in the finances as a cost as well.

I would like to see a wind sock type icon at the side of the pitch or an overlay view (similar to placing tracing paper over an image - the tracing paper being a view of the wind and the normal paper being the pitch) if the weather logic is so advanced it can model whirling winds so that you can see the way the wind is blowing and the strength of the gust during matches

I think it would be interesting to create the specific employment of director of academy or youth coordinator inside clubs. Nowadays is a common kind of work in football. This staff would be contracted by the club and not by the manager and as you can imagine the better this director of academy ratings, the better the youngsters in club.

Another issue could be add more (or some) movement and protagonism to director of football in game. They can give ideas about players to sign, congratulations after a victory, afterwards manager is contracted generally by director of football not directly by board, so the communication between clubs and managers in "sport aspects" must be between director of football and manager.

Also it would be great to see Directors of Football signing to another clubs in a similar way than assistant managers, coachs, etc...

For me J-League and, more importantly, the ability to import/export chunks of data from on db to another (i.e. I always fiddle around with cities setting weather and whatnot and it annoys me to no end to do this after every patch. Now if I could just export cities from my edited db to the patched one that'd be gold)

When setting up manager profiles to start the game I would like to be able to add currently spoken languages. Just because I'm English doesn't mean I can't speak any other languages ;)

The only way I can get around this at the moment is to add a second nationality, which a) isn't right and b) only gives me one other language usually.

I wish a personality of a person could be more unique and that tactics were not acase of beating the match engine, so it enables a human to trian his players and be successfull with his own beliefs as appossed to doing what the match engine desides you need to do.

For me J-League and, more importantly, the ability to import/export chunks of data from on db to another (i.e. I always fiddle around with cities setting weather and whatnot and it annoys me to no end to do this after every patch. Now if I could just export cities from my edited db to the patched one that'd be gold)

I've got a better idea! SI gets the game right without patches! :p

Idea for future that when your team plays a game before transfer window shuts and you leave a player out who's drawing interest from a big club that the speculation is reported in media maybe asked about more so if you dont cup tie them like UEFA Cup or Champions League.

Also when you go on tour you only take say 25 players like for UEFA comps letting you leave the players you want to move on know they are not in your plans.

Last but not least a question will there be a B list for UEFA Comps like real life where you can put more club trained players in like Arsenal did this time putting Walcott and Denilson in it to free space on A list.

as everyone knows managers get money for managing teams, and when the contract is over we are going to negotiate new contracts with board, but this area is just useless, why we negotiate a new contract when we cant use the money?.

my idea is making some usefull areas to use the money we optain from managing clubs, like buy shares in smoe clubs, and so have some influance in the club, like be a board member or maybe buy the club, there is manythings to be done there.

as everyone knows managers get money for managing teams, and when the contract is over we are going to negotiate new contracts with board, but this area is just useless, why we negotiate a new contract when we cant use the money?.

my idea is making some usefull areas to use the money we optain from managing clubs, like buy shares in smoe clubs, and so have some influance in the club, like be a board member or maybe buy the club, there is manythings to be done there.

Been suggested on many occasions - and every time it gets a icon13.gif as it's a daft idea - do a search for reasons why.

It does have some use, the more money you get, the less likely you are to be sacked.

you can use your earnings to do bets on the odds you get per match, outright competition etc. This way Its an incentive to raise your money for future opportunies such as becomging a board member, or even just to boost your spending budget.

Another annoying problem with FM08 is that it´s way too easy to buy 150+ PA players from AI teams for coffee money. The AI teams couldn´t recognise talent even if their PA was written in the players foreheads.

Hopefully should be imporved with 09, been mentioned that the AI is better at recognising when its got young talent and now tries to keep them. Staring CA's for some wonderkids have been raised

My only request, would it be possible to have the choice to have gibraltar as your nationality, and perhaps say 50 of gibraltars players in the database.

if you want to add anything else, i would love it, but that would be all i really ask for

for those of you that don't know, gibraltar is a small british colony on the south of spain, with a population of just under 30k people, me being one.

We asked to be put into uefa, but those damn spaniards made some threat about pulling out of all tournaments and some other big cry story,:thdn: we were rejected by the majority of the uefa judges, bar the english and republic of ireland judges

I think it would be interesting to create the specific employment of director of academy or youth coordinator inside clubs. Nowadays is a common kind of work in football. This staff would be contracted by the club and not by the manager and as you can imagine the better this director of academy ratings, the better the youngsters in club.

Another issue could be add more (or some) movement and protagonism to director of football in game. They can give ideas about players to sign, congratulations after a victory, afterwards manager is contracted generally by director of football not directly by board, so the communication between clubs and managers in "sport aspects" must be between director of football and manager.

Also it would be great to see Directors of Football signing to another clubs in a similar way than assistant managers, coachs, etc...

Going deeper on this i think, it would be great and necesary to create inside the club staff another employments like psicologist (as a coach or a physio but only good in mental abilities or motivation).

Also a Dietist, nowadays present in the majority of clubs in top leagues (not necesary to create an atribute of "dietistness", only like a coach with low techinical atributes but gives the team some extra points in stamina or general fitnes develop proportionally whith the reputation of Dietist)

A Press Chief. With the great and interesting improvement of the media in FM 09 it sounds more than necesary to appear in our club a man or woman with the mission of trate with the press. He would be the person in the club who told you when the press conferences will be or if you want to concede a private interview with Dailly Mirror on wednesday (Of course if you denied it, you've just win an enemy in the media)...Also this person evaluate for you the general opinion of the media about you and your club in the same way than confidence works with board and fans.

These are not the greatest improvements in the history of FM, but are the kind of bits like you usually say, that takes the game near to reality.

I think FM09 should allow players' mental attributes to improve as they get older, rather than deterioate when they are 32+. I thought experienced players would have even higher levels of composure, decision- making, positioning and anticipation, these will make up for their diminishing technical and physical abilities.

I am glad to see the transfer engine has been completley reworked. It´s bloody annoying you can´t sell players, and in many cases not even give them away for free.

I also hope UK and Ireland players won´t be so overrated this time. I know it´s an english game, but I think it´s unrealistic when Ireland, Wales, N. Ireland, Scotland and England make it to every World- and Euro championship.

****Passports**Nationality issues****

I really do hope they have corrected in this game is passports. If player X has joined my team from a Bundesliga club and is eligible to apply for a German passport, I'd like the option to ask player X to please apply for a passport. There's too many times I've seen in the past couple of editions of FM where a South American player will be in Spain for four years or will get sent to Belgium to get a quick passport and fail to do so.

I think it would also be better if you get to decide the type of feeder club you want and the location/league level when you first join the club, rather than waiting three seasons. It would also be handy if in the player interaction section you told players specifically why they were being sent on loan (i.e. not needed in the squad; need to trim wage bill; need to collect first team experience) and also have more contact with them whilst they were away. So if a player is unhappy on loan, you can recall him in January and ship him off elsewhere.

They should also bring back the option to scout individual clubs

Apologies if people have already mentioned this. When you search for players and put in which attributes they need to have eg more than 10 pace, stamina, technique, you used to be able to then display the attributes for all players that met the requirement rather than the normal column names. So you would see eg Fred 12, 14, 17 Dave 15, 11, 10 etc. If we could get that back it would be great as I always found it a really useful way of quickly judging what I was looking for rather than the generic physical, mental, technical etcs.

Also, in an ideal world, when you have a player you would be able to create your own ratings for specific players in a specific position, eg I would want my GK rating to be the sum of Agility, Handling, Reflexes, Positioning etc, and once I've specified it it always holds that rating on the player attribute screen. Well if you don't ask you don't get!

Last two small points - can we have the default 442 performing better please as it always gets battered whoever I am, and can we keep working on the result and game realism...I mean first season the other week, Bolton won the league with no data editor tweaks at all!

Thanks very much.

Apologies if people have already mentioned this. When you search for players and put in which attributes they need to have eg more than 10 pace, stamina, technique, you used to be able to then display the attributes for all players that met the requirement rather than the normal column names. So you would see eg Fred 12, 14, 17 Dave 15, 11, 10 etc. If we could get that back it would be great as I always found it a really useful way of quickly judging what I was looking for rather than the generic physical, mental, technical etcs.

Also, in an ideal world, when you have a player you would be able to create your own ratings for specific players in a specific position, eg I would want my GK rating to be the sum of Agility, Handling, Reflexes, Positioning etc, and once I've specified it it always holds that rating on the player attribute screen. Well if you don't ask you don't get!

Last two small points - can we have the default 442 performing better please as it always gets battered whoever I am, and can we keep working on the result and game realism...I mean first season the other week, Bolton won the league with no data editor tweaks at all!

Thanks very much.

yeah i agree

in my game, from 2009 to 2016, sunderland won the league every single time

i was laughing

i then took over liverpool and won it for 3 years before i lost my disk and now have to wait till fm09 is out

Lots of great suggestions in here. I'd like to add one more which I believe would add a great deal to the overall feel of playing a long career game: After winning a trophy, moving to a new club, resigning, etc. there is a media report that summarizes the users career. Currently there is practically no recognition of the users accomplishments. For example, over a long career to see how your reputation in the media grows as you climb from obscurity to one of the most famous managers in the world. I would love to read how many trophies I've won over the years, maybe some quotes from other personalities in the game and so on.

this list is long, hopefuly i`m not repeating what others have said. also hopefuly those things doesn`t exist already and i`m making a fool of myself :)

1) when the board expect to reach a certain level in a cup - there should be something regarding not reaching it because of a crazy unlucky draw (i.e. - the board expected my man-city team to reach the quarter final, but i got chelsea as an away game in the 3rd round)

2) similar thing regarding injuries - let`s say you have some expectations, but your main players get injured for very long times.

3) if the board accepts an offer for a player, there should be an option for an ultimatum from the manager.

4) teams should have income based on popularity in certain places in the world. then, a tour in this region can make the team more popular there and generate more income. same with signing stars from this region.

5) board and fans confidence again - playing attacking football, using home grown players, and growing youngsters should raise the confidence. long term confidence should also be about the outlook of the squad

6) one thing that is seriously irritating is when i buy a young player, he doesn`t play too much since he`s young, but he`s a future huge star or something, and the fans regard it as a poor acquisition. as a fan i`d actually love that my team have a future star making his first strides.

7) same thing regarding subs - if i buy a player who`s mainly used as a sub, since as a sub his ratings would be around 6-7 usually, the fans and board would regard it as a bad acquisition.

Lots of great suggestions in here. I'd like to add one more which I believe would add a great deal to the overall feel of playing a long career game: After winning a trophy, moving to a new club, resigning, etc. there is a media report that summarizes the users career. Currently there is practically no recognition of the users accomplishments. For example, over a long career to see how your reputation in the media grows as you climb from obscurity to one of the most famous managers in the world. I would love to read how many trophies I've won over the years, maybe some quotes from other personalities in the game and so on.

In this same way. It would be great for long-career players that have just retired. In the moment he decided to quit playing football in the game a new mentioning his honours. It could be more summarized in another version of this with a simple new in the end of the season mentioning all the players who have quit football this season in this country or league, and also in the new it wuold be great to include standing up one or two names with a honorous career, maybe them that turned in favourite staff of the club.

Another issues:

Feeder Clubs / Club Academies Outside:

Feeder clubs was a great an funny add last season for me. In order to give more deepnes in this aspect of the game, and bring here some more bits of reality, it would be great if the board could offer you to open an school or academy in some countries. Of course it's not necessary to create, if you accept the offer, a new club in BD called Fake Club Academy in Angola, or Porto Academy in Angola, it would be only benefit you and your club maybe with some new regen players at the start of the season.

Now, in game, when the assistant manager presents to you: "20 new youth players has been promoted from your kid squad" or something like that. With this new issue he'd tell besides, if an Angola Nationality player has been promoted from the Academy to our Porto team: "One of them, Eriberto Mantorras comes recomended by our coaches in our Academy at Angola as a high fairly left midfilder with a promising future."

Obviously, Academy country's reputation and parent club`s rep. would be compared as Real Madrid has an Academy in Costa Rica and is not probably than any Costa Rican regen player in a lot of years could stand level to travel to Madrid to sign with U-19 team.

Obviously too, if Real Madrid or Man U had an school in Costa Rica all of the better Costa Rica regen players would not necessary sign for these clubs, but this can help to do this more easy to happen as Arsenal did in Ivory Coast for instance, and considering that having an Academy in some place would give you more knowlegede of this country It would be an interesting issue.

There would be no limit of Academies in a country, as various teams can stablish in a place in reality.

For more accurateness in this add, the IA can take a random city of a country (not a very very tiny town) to stablish our Academy in a phisical place, not in a country in general. I would imagine some FM gamer travelling to this place only to know where his Academy was in the game, don't you bet for it? :-) obviusly most of these players grown at our outside school and promoted to our U-19 squad will be born in this city but not necessary.

Of course it's not a common or diary issue in football world nowadays, and it depends of reputation of clubs the frequency the board presents you this kind of offers. Also, not only the board could say yo this. It would be possible too to you ask your board as you can do it for a parent or a feeder club, ask for an Academy outside.

At last, the presence of your club in some country with an Academy could have sawn for the people of that country as a good action by your club and could improve the possibility some regen player from there appart your Academy has picked your club as favourite. Why not? Press Officer of your club or board can tell you how your Academy is considered in the country too.

Where the Academy will stablish also can depend on your knowlege of the world, is more accurate that if you are playing with Racing Santander and has a Serbian assistant, there were more probabilities your team was proposed to open one there. But not necessary, your chairman at club could be at hollydays last summer in Hawai or Benin and could think to do one there...

Sorry for my English :-) Hope you can understand this, and of course i hope you liked it.

the one little feature i like from the games are the odds before games or before the season starts, I guess this does'nt bare much relivance to much but i just feel its a nice touch, being somone who likes to have a few quid on every saturday in real life, it makes it seem a little more like the real world

so maybe for folk like me, we could expand on this, before games, maybe also have odds for "first goalscorer" ect.. or odds before the season of the top goal scorer in that league

it will just add a little more feel at home touch to the game in my opinion

the one little feature i like from the games are the odds before games or before the season starts, I guess this does'nt bare much relivance to much but i just feel its a nice touch, being somone who likes to have a few quid on every saturday in real life, it makes it seem a little more like the real world

so maybe for folk like me, we could expand on this, before games, maybe also have odds for "first goalscorer" ect.. or odds before the season of the top goal scorer in that league

it will just add a little more feel at home touch to the game in my opinion

You could even expand more on this by having odds for competitions during the season so as the competition progresses you can see the odds changing.

I wouldnt mind being able to declare my interest in a job which is insecure? And the better your reputation, the more pressure you can put on the board to sack the manager, so if you turn Harrow Borough into champions league/premiership winners, you can actually get a job if you want a new challenge and nobodys being fired!!

Also wouldnt mind being able to purchase players without getting a work permit, and immediatly loan them out until they are eligable for one?

Emergency loans?

A great addition to the game would be risk. So say the board gets taken over, you instantly have to work with higher expectations.

And finally I always play with a limit of leagues because of computer speed, but then want a new challenge and have to start my game again. So the best addition for me would be to add/remove leagues at the end of the season maybe? Dont know if thats possible however?

I wouldnt mind being able to declare my interest in a job which is insecure? And the better your reputation, the more pressure you can put on the board to sack the manager, so if you turn Harrow Borough into champions league/premiership winners, you can actually get a job if you want a new challenge and nobodys being fired!!

You can already do this in FM08

Also wouldnt mind being able to purchase players without getting a work permit, and immediatly loan them out until they are eligable for one?

You can already do this in FM08 as well

would like to have the chance to have players warming up on touchline.

crowd reacts to big players when strating to warn up.

plus if you dont have player warming up he wont enter the pitch at 100%.

only players that were borught into the field after warming up will start at maximum condition.

you will get a notification when player is warmed up and ready to come on.

any thoughts about this?

cheers

Guest Vilosophe

One of the greater absence is the possibility to see the final positions of all league even if you haven't select them and the goal's positions of the players. (now if you select a league non-playable, you cannot see players' stats).

Al least we must have the possibility to see the Winner (2nd and 3td) so the game can update the Competition's Story.

i would like si to implement an in game alarm so you could create an alert for a future date. maybe having a window popping up on the date you've set with a brief description.

it would also be good to have the rich tycoon takeover back in the future like in fm2007. has this been cancelled as ive never seen it on fm08?

Something I'd like to see is crackdowns on certain offences. The organisers of a competition, or sometimes a national association or even FIFA, could declare that they've had enough of a certain offence and would like to see the referees enforce it more strictly. This could happen at the start of a season, and for the rest of that season the offence would be more likely to be punished and more likely to result in a card. Suspensions that are made by a committee could also be lengthened for the offence.

For example, in the A-League in Australia there's been a crackdown on dissent, announced by the FFA, and a few players have been sent off already this season for fairly minor incidents. Other examples would be the crackdown on tackles from behind and on diving in recent years.

One of the greater absence is the possibility to see the final positions of all league even if you haven't select them and the goal's positions of the players. (now if you select a league non-playable, you cannot see players' stats).

Al least we must have the possibility to see the Winner (2nd and 3td) so the game can update the Competition's Story.

100% right!

First of all i apologise for my name it is a firends nickname and if these ideas have already been mentioned.

Anyway, i think that football manager is an unbelievable game and evry year Miles Jacobsen and his team keep on delivering(by the way miles would you like to let me be a part of your team haha, no, im serious).

However, there are, in my eyes, a few glitches with the game:

1) Too many offsides, every time your team scores you are half waiting for the flag

2) Every time there is a corener and you miss a free-kick goes to the defending team

There are the glitches, this is my wishlist:

1)Refs/Officials get banned

2)3d graphics e.g. player faces, kits, are the same as in real life

3)Manager gets offered jobs from outside of football in advertising e.g. adidas advert

4) Manager has own bank so you know how much you are earning otherwise wages are pointless

5)More in depth behind the scenes at the e.g training, seeing plyers in office ect

6) More informtion about managers actual lifestyles e.g. decisions about life at home, moving etc, and have players not performing due to marriage problems or having a month off and coming back into the reserves or something like that a bit like michael chopra in real life for sunderland, roy keane let him have a month off then he came back for the reserves

7)Sports Interactive on the game

8) Teams should ALWAYS finish in REALISTIC places e.g. once in mine west ham won the league in the first year of playing and pompey getting relegated, give them a set percentage of finishing in certain positions(or something like that) e.g watford(my team) in the prem finishing in top four 1 % or tottenham in top four 20%

9)Make comebacks in games harder, sometimes you are 3 up they are playing awful then out of nowhere etc just every little detail you see if you go to a real football game

10) Being able to see yourself and assistants e.g. assistant and physio on matchdays, then you can have manager view, I CANNOT BELIEVE THEY HAVE NEVER HAD THIS.

Thank You, i would be extremely grateful if even one of these ideas were used

Jamie Luck:)

6) one thing that is seriously irritating is when i buy a young player, he doesn`t play too much since he`s young, but he`s a future huge star or something, and the fans regard it as a poor acquisition. as a fan i`d actually love that my team have a future star making his first strides.

7) same thing regarding subs - if i buy a player who`s mainly used as a sub, since as a sub his ratings would be around 6-7 usually, the fans and board would regard it as a bad acquisition.

Couldn't agree more:thup:, you sign someone and within a month just because they havent played much or have been playing badly they immiediately think hes a poor acquisition.

First of all i apologise for my name it is a firends nickname and if these ideas have already been mentioned.

Anyway, i think that football manager is an unbelievable game and evry year Miles Jacobsen and his team keep on delivering(by the way miles would you like to let me be a part of your team haha, no, im serious).

However, there are, in my eyes, a few glitches with the game:

1) Too many offsides, every time your team scores you are half waiting for the flag

2) Every time there is a corener and you miss a free-kick goes to the defending team

There are the glitches, this is my wishlist:

1)Refs/Officials get banned

2)3d graphics e.g. player faces, kits, are the same as in real life

3)Manager gets offered jobs from outside of football in advertising e.g. adidas advert

4) Manager has own bank so you know how much you are earning otherwise wages are pointless

5)More in depth behind the scenes at the e.g training, seeing plyers in office ect

6) More informtion about managers actual lifestyles e.g. decisions about life at home, moving etc, and have players not performing due to marriage problems or having a month off and coming back into the reserves or something like that a bit like michael chopra in real life for sunderland, roy keane let him have a month off then he came back for the reserves

7)Sports Interactive on the game

8) Teams should ALWAYS finish in REALISTIC places e.g. once in mine west ham won the league in the first year of playing and pompey getting relegated, give them a set percentage of finishing in certain positions(or something like that) e.g watford(my team) in the prem finishing in top four 1 % or tottenham in top four 20%

9)Make comebacks in games harder, sometimes you are 3 up they are playing awful then out of nowhere etc just every little detail you see if you go to a real football game

10) Being able to see yourself and assistants e.g. assistant and physio on matchdays, then you can have manager view, I CANNOT BELIEVE THEY HAVE NEVER HAD THIS.

Thank You, i would be extremely grateful if even one of these ideas were used

Jamie Luck:)

There will be 3d graphics in FM09. Also, if you go to your information screen in FM08 you can see how much you have earned in your career.

Not sure if this has been said before as I can't really be bothered reading 163 pages but a few cosmetic changes I would like to see is

1) Being able to see when a player made their debut for the club, as in first league games who it was against etc etc

2) When players are signed the confidence/transfers stay for the entire season insteaed of part of the season, for instance when I sign someone in July and he's been great, the fans will forget about it come Feb/March the next year and until then they will say I've been great with dealings in the market, but if when the time is up and I've signed someone in the January window and they havent done so well then my rating immediately drops down to they feel I should being doing better.

2a) If you sign a player and the transfer section is hot prospect or youngster, then these don't get judged by the confidence part, or atleast have it so that the supporters realise that this player is a hot prospect for the future and feel it unfair to rate him blah blah blah. Nothing worse than signing a young player and giving him the occassional game where he comes on as a sub and that for the fans to say that signing him is an abomination etc etc.

I have a few more but might try and read a bit more of this section first

What i would like to see in a future fm is team talks during the weeks. not for the media, but lets say i am managing ajax and after 6 games i am in bottom half - i have a team talk with the lads about our performances...same if you are derby for example and sitting in the top 8 after 6 games, you can tell your team to keep it up or something. just talking with players coz i reckon thats what managers do in real life aswell...what do you guys think?

Yeah a team meeting sorta thing? Where you can discuss how it's going and majorly give your team a huge kick in the ass to get them playing good football again? Or to end slumps? As right now slumps in FM08 are a bit TOO realistic.

Archived