Wishlist: What you would like to see in future versions of the game. All 'list' ideas in here.

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Steeno2007

i think footy manager shud allow you to create your own kit after season is over kits get really boring and would add some depth also make goalkeepers less good its really annoying batterign west brom wid liverpool with 20 goals on target n aving no goals go in

2 little audio-details while playing a match:

- An announcer in the stadium. Just a plain "1-0 for Manchester United, scored by Wayne Rooney" e.g. will do.

- Songs from the crowd. I'd like to hear "You'll Never Walk Alone" while playing at Anfield or "Glory Glory Man United" while playing at Old Trafford. That shouldn't be too hard. In MLB2007 the crowd chants "Overrated!" when Barry Bonds steps up to the plate.

This is the list of counties that are buying players from these countries:Turkey-serbia,bosnia,bulgaria,france,holland,romania,brazil,uruguay,czech republic,argentina,columbia,slovakia,croatia,senegal,cameroon,nigeria,ivory coast,ghana

Holland-romania,serbia,belgium,denmark,sweden,norway,finland,brazil,argentina,hungary,canada,ghana,nigeria,morocco,

tunisia,ivory coast,algeria,england,czech rep.

Russia-holland,france,romania,bulgaria,serbia,croatia,brazil,argentina,uruguay,turkey,moldova,belarus,slovakia,poland,czech rep.,macedonia,albania,bosnia,georgia,estonia,latvia,lithuania,ghana,cameroon,nigeria,ivory coast,senegal,dr congo

Serbia-montenegro,bosnia,brazil,argentina,macedonia,porugal,france,ghana,nigeria,cameroon,czech rep.dr congo

Slovenia-bosnia,serbia,czech.rep.brazil,argentina,france,italy,macedonia,albania,croatia,

Croatia-macedonia,albania,bosnia,brazil,argentina,australia,slovakia,czech rep.hungary,romania,bulgaria

France-belgium,switzerland,czech rep.,algeria,ghana,cameroon,senegal,ivory coast,dr congo,togo,morocco,egypt,russia,poland,hungary,romania,portugal,brazil,argentina,sweden,denmark,norway

portugal-sweden,brazil,argentina,chile,colombia,uruguay,paraguay,czech rep.france,holland

Czech republic-slovakia,serbia,croatia,bosnia,france,morocco,tunisia,brazil,argentina,cameroon,ghana

COUNTRIES FROM SOUTH AMERICA ARE BUYING SOUTH AMERICAN PLAYERS

Spain-brazil,argentina,chile,paraguay,uruguay,portugal,holland,serbia,columbia,boivia,venezuela,mexico,france,denmark

Germany-turkey,holland,france,serbia,croatia,bosnia,hungary,brazil,argentina,columbia,czech rep.,uruguay,poland,slovakia,porugal,macedonia,denmark,sweden,norway,austria,australia,belgium,switzerland

Scandinavian countries are buying players from scandinavia and players from:france,australia,canada,serbia,bosnia,south african republic,ghana,nigeria,cameroon,senegal,dr congo

Ukraine-erbia,croatia,macedonia,nigeria,cameroon,ivory coast,czech rep.poland,slovakia,hungary,romania,bulgaria,brazil,argentina,moldova,georgia

Romania-poland,serbia,brazil,argentina,france,ghana,nigeria,macedonia,

Austria-switzerland,germany,france,czech rep.poland,slovakia,serbia,macedonia,croatia,bosnia,slovenia,argentina,brazil,belgium

italy-slovenia,greece,sweden,holland,france,norway,denmark,austria,brazil,argentina,uruguay,serbia,czech rep.all african countries,

Belgium-czech rep.serbia,poland,hungary,slovakia,holland,argentina,brazil,switzerland,croatia,

Greece-cyprus,czech rep.,bulgaria,romania,serbia,france,portugal,italy,australia,albania,brazil,argentina,

England-australia,denmark,sweden,norway,finland,brazil,argentina,france,poland,serbia,austria,holland,portugal,czech rep.

Switzerland-france,morocco,tunisia,holland,croatia,albania,serba,austria,germany,slovenia,nigeria,ghana,brazil,sweden,argetina,czech rep.bosnia,cameroon

Israle-ghana,serbia,nigeria,bosnia,south african republic,croatia,macedonia,poland,cameroon,slovakia,romania,brazil,argentina,czech rep.

U.K. countries are buying players from U.K. like scotland,wales,n.ireland,ireland,and france,holland

I hope that you will do this because this would give realism to the game because this transfer system doesnt seem realistic.

One advice,that there is no big clubs that are buying players on free transfers,unless they are so good because if the would be good they wouldnt be released from their clubs on free transfers.

This are transfers that i have seen on transfermarket and i think that would be good for game.

In match,player circles should be smaller like in CM 2003/2004.

I would like that my board allows me to buy one or two players from strong leagues(like when russian clubs bought portugal and dutch players)in stronger clubs of smaller leagues because if club has money he should be able to attract players from far developed and stronger countries.

Smaller clubs should buy players who are foreigners but they should come from second league and he should be young because there are no clubs to buy old players that are old and close to retirement and eventually they could buy players from first division but only if that country isnt rich.

Thanks.

If we could have the opposition instructions remaining as they were set every time I change tactics in-match that would be really handy.

I've either got to grab a pen and a bit of paper or open a text editor to keep track of who I'm doing what to and it's almost impossible to go through a whole game without changing tactics at least once.Surely in real life my players wouldn't forget to close down the opposition playmake just because I asked them to push up a bit.

It's especially annoying when I want to change back to my original tactics when my change doesn't work, I know I can save the current match tactic (with opp. instr.)before changing but that leads to a HUGE amount of redundant files in the tactics archive.

I'd like it if they put an option where you disagree with a decision e.g you ern't given a pen that doesn't get you a warning if you're wrong. And the "these things happen in football" turning into "you've grudgingly admitted it may have been correct" is annoying too.

Originally posted by Henrik4:

I would like you to post new ideas about FM.

I think that our ideas can help SI and SEGA to make FM even better.

This has probably been mentioned 100 times and I can't be arsed checking, but, I would love if when sorting out our tactics, you could maybe click into a grid-like feature on the pitch and when you click into it - you could nominate a certain person to hit your free-kicks from a certain position.

What i'm saying is, instead of a player hitting all right-sided freekicks, you could have one player who takes them from wide and other who takes them from near the middle etc etc etc.

That probably doesn't make much sense. If I remember correctly, there was the same grid like feature on the very old Champ Manager games, but it was for placing your men when the opposition got the ball etc etc etc etc etc.

icon_confused.gif

Originally posted by daddiopimpio:

Lets have some added match day sounds. say certain songs attached to certain players in the game. and certain songs for clubs, it'd be awesome! any thoughts?

Yeah I totally agree and I have posted the same idea twice (in 2 different threads). It would totally add to the realism. I would like to give an example. In MLB2007 (yeah I know it's baseball but it's the thought that counts), if BArry Bonds steps up to the plate as a batter while playing away, you can heard the crowd sing. "Overrated!" I thought it was brilliant the first time I noticed it. What's more, it would be excellent if you would hear "You'll Never Walk Alone" while playing at Anfield or "Glory Glory Man United" while playing at Old Trafford.

What I also miss are national anthems during international games. Or is this too difficult due to copyrights? I can remember that a certain version of International Superstar Soccer had this feature. I don't know why it was taken out later though. I got goosebumps when I heard the Dutch National Anthem before playing with Holland.

Generally I find that audio is totally forgotten in a lot of football games. I am a season-ticket-holder of the Dutch club Feyenoord and I can tell you by personal experience that the sounds in the stadium are about 60% of the entire experience of visiting (let alone coaching) a football game.

pay-as-you-play contracts, something used in real life for older or injury-prone players where they get a small basic wage with a lot of higher bonuses and payments depending on how many giames they play, etc - its hard to implement in the normal contracts, cos they all expect high basic wages.

I think in FM they each year you should get offers from top brands or new brands that want to sponsor you, instead of forcing one youve never heard of, also you should be able to request new strips that you could give the colours n style of it. Ive played with stoke for 4 seasons now, and in the first season i got promoted and then i qualified for euro 2 times then come 2nd, but ive never been able to change strips :S.

Originally posted by Phil_Harwood_FM08:

I think in FM they each year you should get offers from top brands or new brands that want to sponsor you, instead of forcing one youve never heard of, also you should be able to request new strips that you could give the colours n style of it. Ive played with stoke for 4 seasons now, and in the first season i got promoted and then i qualified for euro 2 times then come 2nd, but ive never been able to change strips :S.

I like the chaging strips idea icon14.gif but the top sponsors idea i think would mean SI haveing to get a licence for each company they would use, unless it was done nameless "A top sponsor wants to be your main shirt sponsor..." etc etc

A women's game structure.

I'm not sure about overseas but the women's game here is developing very fast indeed.

Clearly for the first implementation it'd be a mere premier division and perhaps a european women's setup?

The one other think I'd like to see is some distinctive match engine graphics.

A pitch is a pitch at the minute; perhaps differing levels of graphics showing the pitchside stands would increase the atmosphere? And, as a lot of other people suggested, connected chanting. It wouldn't take a lot to get one chant for each team would it?

I'd love to be able to sing along to West Brom fans singing "The Lord is My Shepherd" when we score.

Boing Boing!

Ability to ask staff/players who have been at a club that I'm about to play about any weaknesses the club have that the scout may have not picked up(or strengths for that matter). Obviously a strict timeframe on this - I don't want it to be another disaster like the "player used to play for you" media reports that pop up 10 years after the fact.

For example - playing Bordeaux in Champions League. I had Lulinha there on loan, up until about a week before this game. As he's played 24 first team games for them, I'm sure he'd have some inner knowledge on how they play.

Originally posted by Phil_Harwood_FM08:

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

It's not Fifa or TCM or LMA, these gimmicks are not part of FM and never should be.

I would like feature that would enable me to talk to the player who is being substituted and also the one who is the substitute. Not at half-time but in the middle of the game. I can tell them the reason for substitution, the expectation from the substitute etc.

Also, and don't laugh if it sounds stupid, I would like to right-click on a player on the 2D pitch and adjust instruction while watching the game in 2D icon_biggrin.gif

Originally posted by ship50:

I would like feature that would enable me to talk to the player who is being substituted and also the one who is the substitute. Not at half-time but in the middle of the game. I can tell them the reason for substitution, the expectation from the substitute etc.

Also, and don't laugh if it sounds stupid, I would like to right-click on a player on the 2D pitch and adjust instruction while watching the game in 2D icon_biggrin.gif

yep like that idea

I think this would be a great idea, so you could encourage the player if he has low morale etc.

not sure if it has been mentioned (suggested !) but on the contract negotiation screen (manager) as well as the normal, salary, stadium, youth stuff, the ability to ask for a larger backroom staff. i.e I only am aloud 8 coaches and want another 2, no matter how healthy my finances are I always have a limit on my staff (this is especially frustrting when the staff are willing to sign only for the board to block it) icon_mad.gif . It's only a little suggestion but think it could work well

Love this idea...I would also like to be able to shout to your players and tell them what to do, e.g. on a counter attack, all my attacking players always seem to get themselves tangled up with each other, so if their was an option to shout to one of my players to move into space, that'd be pretty good...Don't know what your thoughts are?

I couldn't find this with a search, so

When one bigger club offers a smaller sum than you are willing to accept for player you negotiate. When the other team accepts the amount I want, they offer the contract to the player. In this instance the player declines due to role or money. Now, I understand the player worrying that I might have blown his chances by asking for to much and so he becomes upset with me. What I would like to see next year, is for the player to stop being upset with me for not letting him change clubs, when he decided to stay. I'd really like for him to thank me for the opportunity (but I think that might be asking to much)

Originally posted by Bratto17:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ship50:

Love this idea...I would also like to be able to shout to your players and tell them what to do, e.g. on a counter attack, all my attacking players always seem to get themselves tangled up with each other, so if their was an option to shout to one of my players to move into space, that'd be pretty good...Don't know what your thoughts are? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

personally not a fan of this, like the idea itself, but i think it is impractical, i feel it would turn into a race to quickly click instructions as fast as you can, whereas in reality the players do most of the thinking, and the manager will just remind them of their tactics or make changes

i have an idea, you could select to be a head coach rather than a manager, that way you have a director of football etc making the signings, whilst you can concentrate on tactics etc, you can then ask for a certain type of player to be signed, i.e. requesting the director of football locates and signs a left back.

oh and please sort out the annoying charade that is negotiating a sale, when a club submits an enquiry i tell them a counter-offer, now the problem lies with the fact that even if i say it is negotiable, they still withdraw offer rather than negotiating!

live physio reports during the game, like if someone gets a knock the pysio either has a word at the side of the pitch in a break in play or treats them so you should get a proper update so you can decice whether to leave them on etc. Realistic

Originally posted by Chilliconcarnie:

The end to the lack of the squad number 13 being used in friendlies and in comps without assigned squad numbers.

I WANT MY SUB KEEPER TO HAVE #13!!!!

Thank you icon_razz.gif

And agree with what someone said earlier about the way the squad numbers are assigned on these tactics.

#9 is not a midfielder IMHO

this man speaks total sense! i want my number 13 keeper, and do the numbers like in CM2 - that worked.

1 - GK, 2 - DR, 3 - DL, etc etc

Originally posted by Ty H:

live physio reports during the game, like if someone gets a knock the pysio either has a word at the side of the pitch in a break in play or treats them so you should get a proper update so you can decice whether to leave them on etc. Realistic

Juni confirmed this is new in 8.0.2. If you click on a player it says potential injury - x

Do SI game developers read this thread I wonder?

yes they said they do

Match day auto-pause/auto-tactics screen feature:

check a few checkboxes in options where you want the game engine to auto-pause or auto-tactics when they happen. The events must be observable through normal means, like: formation change by oppo, minor injury, major injury, yellow card, red card, maybe other things.

Originally posted by TeeWee:

Match day auto-pause/auto-tactics screen feature:

check a few checkboxes in options where you want the game engine to auto-pause or auto-tactics when they happen. The events must be observable through normal means, like: formation change by oppo, minor injury, major injury, yellow card, red card, maybe other things.

with auto-tactics, I mean, automatically jump to your own tactics screen.

Archived