The Afrovision Managerial Contest

Equatorial_Guinea.png?t=1272558963

Lester Meek: Equatorial Guinea, can you hear us?

Guus Hiddink: Loud and clear, South Africa.

Lester Meek: Guus Hiddink? What are you doing in Malabo?

Guus Hiddink: I got paid one hell of a lot of money.

Lester Meek: I suppose we’d better make sure you do your job then. Equatorial Guinea’s votes, please.

Guus Hiddink:

7: Gabon

6: Nigeria

5: Central African Republic

4: Togo

3: Botswana

2: DR Congo

1: Namibia

Guus Hiddink: Here are the three biggest votes from Equatorial Guinea:

8 points go to…São Tomé and Príncipe!

10 points go to……Benin!

12 points go to…

…Cameroon!

Guus Hiddink: Thank you very much, see you soon.

Lester Meek: Goodbye Mr Hiddink. Well that was an exciting set of votes. Liam Ferguson’s Cameroon needed those points to get into the qualification spots, but 10 points for Sir Ronald Vaughan’s Benin sees them qualified. Six points for Des Tiny’s Nigeria also puts them in the Final, and they still have to vote. Zimbabwe and Chad are eliminated.

Angola.png?t=1272558964

Lester Meek: South Africa calling Angola!

Mantorras: Good evening South Africa!

Lester Meek: Mantorras, good to see you! Why aren’t you here with us, though?

Mantorras: I’ve been injured so haven’t been playing. It wouldn’t be right if I was there celebrating if we qualified, because I haven’t played any games this year.

Lester Meek: I hope you get back into action soon. Would you like to share Angola’s votes, putting us one step closer to concluding the Semi-Finals?

Mantorras: Absolutely! Here are the votes from Angola:

7: Benin

6: Lesotho

5: Gabon

4: Zimbabwe

3: Botswana

2: São Tomé and Príncipe

1: Nigeria

Mantorras: And here are Angola’s three big votes:

8 points go to…DR Congo!

10 points go to……Republic of the Congo!

12 points go to…

…Namibia!

Mantorras: Thank you South Africa!

Lester Meek: Ah, plenty of points for the two Congoes there. And Weeman Fernandez’s Namibia pick up a very welcome 12 points. Let’s see how that puts things now.

SF3-16.png?t=1272558961

Lester Meek: Sir Ronald Vaughan’s Benin, Des Tiny’s Nigeria and Ricky Nakano’s Central African Republic will all be making appearances in the Final. DR Congo, Lesotho, Togo, Chad and Zimbabwe definitely will not. Ben Cee’s Niger will be hoping that their near-namesakes Nigeria, who vote next, will return the favour with 12 points, which would see them into the Final.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OMG, so nervous now....

Well I made it home...but now I am going to feel bad if Niger miss out...:o I don't remember who I voted for, but I know that I voted on results first and then used Neighbours as a tie breaker only...lol

That doesn't make me feel better. :(

Ahhh, Sao Tome and Principe would need 12 points and a bit of a miracle to get into fourth or fifth this time.

We would like to thank our new best friends Togo and our superb neighbours Gabon for their 12 points - we repaid Gabon with 10 points but didn't give Togo points; we will do next time Togo, please keep loving the little underdogs of Sao Tome. :)

Equitorial Guinea - we gave you 12 points for the 8 in return. Can we have more next time?! We also gave Benin more points than they gave us: we're a little country looking to cause an upset. Please love us more!

To our 'neighbours' from Nigeria: where were our points? We gave you 8 because we love our neighbours and you gave us nothing in return. That makes us very sad. You owe us next time out.

We would also like to thank our new friends in Botswana, Chad, Namibia and Angola. Thank you for the points and apologies for not giving you any in return. We will return the favour next time out, please keep supporting us.

Waiting on the results of the last country to see whether they are friends of Sao Tome and Principe too ...

Great work canvey!!

To our 'neighbours' from Nigeria: where were our points? We gave you 8 because we love our neighbours and you gave us nothing in return. That makes us very sad. You owe us next time out.

Waiting on the results of the last country to see whether they are friends of Sao Tome and Principe too ...

I am the last team to vote...Nigeria, so haven't had a chance to return any favours yet :) And if I haven't gone with 8 this time, I will make up for it in the next time out... :)

Nigeria.png?t=1272699996

Lester Meek: South Africa calling Nigeria!

Rashidi Yekini: Good evening South Africa.

Lester Meek: My, my, it’s Rashidi Yekini! How does it feel to see your Nigeria into the Final?

Rashidi Yekini: It’s great, Lester. Hopefully we can go all the way and win it.

Lester Meek: That’s always the dream. Can you do us the honour of completing the last of the three Afrovision Managerial Contest Semi-Finals?

Rashidi Yekini: With pleasure;

7: Botswana

6: DR Congo

5: Chad

4: Cameroon

3: Angola

2: Togo

1: Equatorial Guinea

Lester Meek: That has knocked out Angola and Equatorial Guinea. Botswana move into qualifying places but can they stay there?

Rashidi Yekini: Here are Nigeria’s three biggest votes:

8 points go to…

…Gabon!

10 points go to…

…Benin!

12 points go to…

…São Tomé and Príncipe!

Rashidi Yekini: See you for the Final, Lester.

Lester Meek: Goodbye Nigeria! Well, well, well. Eight points for Ken Co’s Gabon puts his team into the Final. Cameroon will also be joining him. Let’s take a look at the final standings.

SF3-Final.png?t=1272700002

Lester Meek: Sir Ronald Vaughan’s Benin break the century barrier, tremendous work from them. Des Tiny’s Nigeria, Ricky Nakano’s Central African Republic, Liam Ferguson’s Cameroon and Ken Co’s Gabon join Benin in the Final. Chip Butty’s São Tomé and Príncipe miss out but beat Botswana due to having received three 12-pointers to Botswana’s zero. Niger weren’t rewarded for their generosity towards Nigeria, and as such, don’t make it through.

~

Lester Meek: Tomorrow night brings the Final! Don’t miss it!

Damn I feel bad now...I'm sorry Niger, but I promise that your generosity will be well rewarded in the future, and I'm gutted to see Sao Tome miss out by only a couple of points at the end, I gave them everything I could.

It's OK. Maybe next year...

You still have my support in the final round.

Nice one Nigeria, Gabon loves you! Shocker that Niger missed out, I thought they were guaranteed something from Nigeria. Shame for Sao Tome to miss out too, I gave them 12 points and they gave me 10 so still owe me something in the final round!:D

I am the last team to vote...Nigeria, so haven't had a chance to return any favours yet :) And if I haven't gone with 8 this time, I will make up for it in the next time out... :)

Apologies! I'd forgotten someone still had to vote! :thup:

EDIT: Thanks for the 12 points, sir. I have some thinking to do about my 12 points next time ...

I guarantee the four who gave Sao Tome 12 points will get at least 7 next time. Sao Tome loves it's friends!

EDIT2: Damn, just missed out. Only two points away despite playing no games. Surely I should get a bonus for being handicapped canvey!! ???? ;)

LLR - You gave me 12 but gave Gabon 8 so that they beat me ... If you'd given them 5, I'd be in!

LLR - You gave me 12 but gave Gabon 8 so that they beat me ... If you'd given them 5, I'd be in!

Yeah so close, next time I might have to play my cards differently, but that was a huge effort to get people home at the end...Canvey next time can I please not be the last votes to be read? :p Its too much pressure haha.

Yeah so close, next time I might have to play my cards differently, but that was a huge effort to get people home at the end...Canvey next time can I please not be the last votes to be read? :p Its too much pressure haha.

Don't vote first then!

Ahhh, Sao Tome and Principe would need 12 points and a bit of a miracle to get into fourth or fifth this time.

We would like to thank our new best friends Togo and our superb neighbours Gabon for their 12 points - we repaid Gabon with 10 points but didn't give Togo points; we will do next time Togo, please keep loving the little underdogs of Sao Tome. :)

Not a problem at all Chip (speaking from Togo). São Tomé and Príncipe are traditional underdogs and I would've loved to see you guys go through. :)

Unlucky on missing out.. only by two points! Must be frustrating, but you did superbly considering how you are ranked in the footballing world! :thup:

Not a problem at all Chip (speaking from Togo). São Tomé and Príncipe are traditional underdogs and I would've loved to see you guys go through. :)

Unlucky on missing out.. only by two points! Must be frustrating, but you did superbly considering how you are ranked in the footballing world! :thup:

And considering we played NO matches! :thup:

The Final

Now it is time to vote for the Final! These votes will determine the winner of the inaugural Afrovision Managerial Contest, so they are pretty important! Everyone votes here, as long as they have a manager in the sign-up, so please read and send me your votes by PM. Refer to Semi-Final performances and previous updates if that’s how you would like to vote.

Benin (SF3) – Results

Manager: Sir Ronald Vaughan (iacovone)

Manager Nationality: English

Neighbours: Burkina Faso, Niger, Nigeria, Togo (all Land), Ghana(Maritime)

Cameroon (SF3) – Results

Manager: Liam Ferguson (fergysafc)

Neighbours: Central African Republic, Chad, Congo, Equatorial Guinea, Gabon, Nigeria

Cape Verde (SF2) – Results

Manager: Karl Unpingco (JSalter)

Manager Nationality: Guamanian

Neighbours: Gambia, Mauritania, Senegal (all Maritime)

Central African Republic (SF3) – No Results

Manager: Ricky Nakano (rancer890)

Manager Nationality: Canadian

Neighbours: Cameroon, Chad, Congo, DR Congo, Sudan

Egypt (SF2) – Results

Manager: Tyler Burrows (PluckaDuck)

Manager Nationality: Andorran

Neighbours: Libya, Sudan

Gabon (SF3) – Results

Manager: Ken Co (Kenco)

Neighbours: Cameroon, Congo, Equatorial Guinea (all Land), São Tomé and Príncipe (Maritime)

Kenya (SF1) – Results

Manager: Alfred Jarry (Hamuel)

Manager Nationality: French

Neighbours: Ethiopia, Somalia, Sudan, Tanzania, Uganda

Madagascar (SF1) – Results

Manager: Joaquim Ntadi (corinthiano)

Manager Nationality: Mozambican

Neighbours: Comoros, Mozambique, Seychelles (all Maritime)

Mali (SF2) – Results

Manager: Mikael Schøler (MikaelS)

Manager Nationality: Danish

Neighbours: Algeria, Burkina Faso, Ivory Coast, Guinea, Mauritania, Niger, Senegal

Morocco (SF2) – Results

Manager: Didier Dardon (canvey!!)

Manager Nationality: French

Neighbours: Algeria

Mozambique (SF1) – Results

Manager: dafuge (dafuge)

Neighbours: Malawi, South Africa, Swaziland, Tanzania, Zambia, Zimbabwe (all Land), Comoros, Madagascar (both Maritime)

Nigeria (SF3) – Results

Manager: Des Tiny (Lower Leagues Rule)

Manager Nationality: New Zealander

Neighbours: Benin, Cameroon, Chad, Niger (all Land), Equatorial Guinea, Ghana, São Tomé and Príncipe (all Maritime)

Senegal (bye) – Results

Manager: Edward Still (Edinho)

Manager Nationality: Botswanan

Neighbours: Gambia, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Mali, Mauritania (all Land), Cape Verde(Maritime)

South Africa (bye) – Results

Manager: Matt Lepino (Mk_Forest)

Neighbours: Botswana, Lesotho, Mozambique, Namibia, Swaziland, Zimbabwe

Sudan (SF2) - Results

Manager: Jeremy English (PaulHartman71)

Neighbours: Central African Republic, Chad, DR Congo, Egypt, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Kenya, Libya, Uganda

Tanzania (SF1) – Results

Manager: Thelonius Davis (Northerm Lights)

Manager Nationality: Senegalese

Neighbours: Burundi, DR Congo, Kenya, Malawi, Mozambique, Rwanda, Uganda, Zambia (all Land), Comoros, Seychelles (both Maritime)

Zambia (SF1) – Results

Manager: Christina Modoglou (himan)

Manager Nationality: Cypriot

Neighbours: Angola, Botswana, DR Congo, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, Tanzania, Zimbabwe

So please send your votes by PM! The voting will close either one week after this post, or when I have received 45 sets of votes, whichever comes second. As with the Semi-Finals, lack of voting and voting incorrectly will be punished by a 12-point penalty. If anyone feels a need to see my votes to ensure there is no foul play, just say so. Don’t forget, every user in the sign-up is voting! Please use the voting form which follows;

Your Own Nation:

12 points:

10 points:

8 points:

7 points:

6 points:

5 points:

4 points:

3 points:

2 points:

1 point:

Broke the 100 barrier. I'd like to send out a thousand Beninian thank you's. All who voted highly for Benin, expect some sort of a return (so long as you maintain your love for your friendly neighbourhood Beninians :)

If anyone feels a need to see my votes to ensure there is no foul play, just say so. Don’t forget, every user in the sign-up is voting

I think if we couldn't trust a Mod we would all be done for anyway :p But maybe you should just give yourself a -12 to start with? ;)

Archived