Mr Hough 10.3 Tactics

Which Tactic Do You Think Is The Best Version.  

1,063 members have voted

1. 1. Which Tactic Do You Think Is The Best Version.

Good evening.

10.3 The tactics work very well, try it now with FC Augsburg, Germany 2.Bundeliga.

Had to adjust it a little, but works well.

I also dabbled 10.2 from you achieved very good results with it.

Sorry for my English, am from Germany.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ok i think i officially prefer the beta on wizard. i dominate possesion, shots, ccc and feel more safer with it. i feel a little un easy with the classic like i could actually loose and i dont like its look (which is a personal thing lol).

Ok - here's my input.

I'm using the Wizard style formation (because I don't like classic style ones) and have used it from my 4th game into the season in my 1st season as Liverpool... my only signings were Gamerini & Gago.

League table at the end of the season: http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/6668/leaguetablew.jpg - as you can see, it scores a massive amount of goals!

Torres (playing as the poacher) did well too: http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/2905/torresend.jpg

I was stupid and sold Maxi Rodriguez in January for 20mill, and had to play n'gog for the rest of the season in the champs league - as Lukaku (Maxi's replacement) was unable to be registered - got knocked out by barcelona.

With having a small squad, I played youth & reserves in both domestic cups, so Premiership was my only silverware.

Veyr very very good tactic, best for FM10 I've used so far... and by quite a distance.

Got 50M to spend carefully now...

mr hough in the last 15 minutes what changes i do?when i won by 1 gol

i havn't used the new 10.3 tactics yet, but when i used ultimo domination v1.1 i would change the stragtey from overload to either control or contain id also do this when playing a far better team. also i use the shouts clear ball to flanks, keep/retain possestion.

if its on classic you can change the tempo, increase time wasting and change the passing and also change the full backs runs to never. don't know to much about the tactics but those changes work for most tactics.

I'd say....

RS: Defoe

CF: Keane - this player is suppose to drop into the hole to help the build up and spread thru balls, keane should have the attributes for this

LF: Dzeko

oh yeah, defoe and dzeko are probably self explanatory, good off the ball, good pace and finishing, more mobile strikers than pavy and crouch.The strikers in Mr Hough's formation are set to move into channels. Don't think Crouch and Pavy are the best options here.

mr hough in the last 15 minutes what changes i do?when i won by 1 gol

great tactic again mr hough. i never felt there was anything wrong with UD v1.1 but this is slightly better.

i have keane at celtic and i think he works best as the right striker but he's also good as the middle striker.

Mr. Hough,

I am using the 1.1 and its the best tactic I have used in a while. i scored 200+ goals in my first season with R. Madrid (I know everythings easier with them). Ronaldo scored 80. Nice job and thanks for your hard work.

Wow, thats just crazy

Wow, thats just crazy
Mr. Hough,

I am using the 1.1 and its the best tactic I have used in a while. i scored 200+ goals in my first season with R. Madrid (I know everythings easier with them). Ronaldo scored 80. Nice job and thanks for your hard work.

I can attest to that aswell, altho did not score as much goals as that...lol...

I used Hough's complete dominance tactic and played Ronaldo on the LF (poacher) and he got like 60 - 70 goals a season, CONSISTENTLY each season til he was like 30.

I found that ridiculous and stop playing that save eventually....

Hey, Just to clear a few things up.

1. There is no corner bug in my tactics as i feel like i don't need them all corners aimed at the back post where the best header of the ball is waiting to pounce.

2. The beta and the classic are basicly the same tactic with slight changes on the classic that i haven't managed to figure out on the beta...... Yet!

3. I will always encourage players to pick there own team because it this there game after all But i'm a nice guy so any questions at team selection i will try and answer.

4. I want to start making another tactic but i also want to enjoy the game aswell my longest save so far on this years FM is 3 years, So i won't be starting to make another tactic for about 1 week.

I hope this has answered some questions for you.

I changed it slightly to be a 41212

th_66922_tac_122_4lo.jpg

and these are the first two results, pretty damn good :D

th_67017_2res_122_388lo.jpg

I have to say I was owning with your original 10.2, but I had to try your new tactic and for now it works great, gonna keep on with it :)

With this formation would you just move the centre forward back to become an AMC and would you have to change any of his settings???

Mr Hough.

I've started using your 10.3 with my Liverpool side. Only played 5 games and have 1 win and 4 draws. Conceding a lot of goals from players dancing through the middle of my defence which is strange considering its a narrow tactic. Anyway I just sort of played without really checking player attributes so I decided to check that as you seem to put a lot of stock in player attributes. My question is what is a good number for the different levels? i.e. 15 for Prem sides 13 for Championship sides etc. or are some more important than others. Ive just searched for a midfield player using 15 and the search resulted in no players! Gerrard has the stats to play as an advanced forward and deep lying forward but not as a midfielder.

I dont really feel like I can give a proper critique of the tactic when player attributes are so important and I dont have the players for it.

Any responses would be much appreciated. BTW I'm using the classic.

Cheers

Mr Hough.

I've started using your 10.3 with my Liverpool side. Only played 5 games and have 1 win and 4 draws. Conceding a lot of goals from players dancing through the middle of my defence which is strange considering its a narrow tactic. Anyway I just sort of played without really checking player attributes so I decided to check that as you seem to put a lot of stock in player attributes. My question is what is a good number for the different levels? i.e. 15 for Prem sides 13 for Championship sides etc. or are some more important than others. Ive just searched for a midfield player using 15 and the search resulted in no players! Gerrard has the stats to play as an advanced forward and deep lying forward but not as a midfielder.

I dont really feel like I can give a proper critique of the tactic when player attributes are so important and I dont have the players for it.

Any responses would be much appreciated. BTW I'm using the classic.

Cheers

If you played gerrard in any of the forward roles he would bang the goals in just retrain him as striker.

I'm abit worried about the players dancing through the defence i'll have a look at this on my save and see if i can adjust anything thta will make it better

should all 3 strikers be fast and small or should i use tall and fast strikers more like complete forwards tnx.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention, If you playing with the tactic (i'll use the classic as an example)

You will notice that the 2 outer forwards move onto the wing then either cut inside or cross so players with good jumping heading ability would be better.

Pace isn't really needed

Players like Adriano Tardelli Pelliesster Jon Dahl Tommesson Would excell in the forward positions

With this formation would you just move the centre forward back to become an AMC and would you have to change any of his settings???

Yap, of course I've changed his settings, used the ''Set to'' drop down menu...and chosen the Att. Mid., after that only thing I've changed was removing ''roam from position'', that's all :)

Yap, of course I've changed his settings, used the ''Set to'' drop down menu...and chosen the Att. Mid., after that only thing I've changed was removing ''roam from position'', that's all :)

Thanks for that. I'll give it a go when I get home from work :)

Thanks for bringing this to my attention, If you playing with the tactic (i'll use the classic as an example)

You will notice that the 2 outer forwards move onto the wing then either cut inside or cross so players with good jumping heading ability would be better.

Pace isn't really needed

If they move out to wings and cut inside or cross, why do they need good jumping heading? they would need dribbling, crossing, creativity etc? or am i missing somthing lol.

If they move out to wings and cut inside or cross, why do they need good jumping heading? they would need dribbling, crossing, creativity etc? or am i missing somthing lol.

Yes. the forward in the middle should be a good header because of the crosses from the forwards on the wings

I've been trying these tactics and i started with the classic and i played 7 games(4 wins, 3 losses) but i'm not comfortable with classic tactics anymore. So i've gone back to wizard and i've just stuffed fulham away 4-1. I'm blackburn by the way. I'll keep you posted

I just tried the classice tactic and not the new one and so far very impressed with the results.

I have done 2 holiday seasons with Exeter City to try it was not a fluke the first time.

But with both holiday games I have finished 4 and 6th in league one, without signing any players at all just using the standard team.

So your tactic seems to work whether your a good team or a ***** team.

Very well done for this tactic.

I played another match and destroyed Liverpool :) Loving the tactic!

To whoever asked for my lineup:

Lukaku C. Cole Gignac

Palacios Hazard

Sandro

D.Renan Otamendi Zapata Srna

This is a completely different team to what I started with of course and cost quite a bit! :) But you get the idea! Carlton Cole, Palacios and the CBs have been my star performers.

Im simply loving this now despite defensive lapses. Gabby Agbonlohor has now scored 20 Goals and 6 Assists in 13 Games!!! Average Rating of 8.29

Its a shame i couldn't afford another striker that can bang them in.

I'm glad your enjoying it mate.

I've went from using the 'wizard' tactic to the 'classic' tactic and for some strange reason we're just not playing as well as we did before.

Not sure why as it's just the same tactic but it's almost like my players are having to re-adjust.

Take it you can't switch back to 'wizard' style once you've gone to 'classic'?

I've went from using the 'wizard' tactic to the 'classic' tactic and for some strange reason we're just not playing as well as we did before.

Not sure why as it's just the same tactic but it's almost like my players are having to re-adjust.

Take it you can't switch back to 'wizard' style once you've gone to 'classic'?

I have found this aswell it's quite strange.

some of the settings are different too say you tempo and passing are on really short and on the players but if you change the tactic to classic, The settings change to the middle which i don't understand.

There isn't a poacher, theres a deep lying foward and two advanced fowards.

Not on the version I downloaded. There is a poacher and I'm wondering why there is no mention of his attributes in the OP?

I was trying out the beta wizard tactic.

I have found this aswell it's quite strange.

some of the settings are different too say you tempo and passing are on really short and on the players but if you change the tactic to classic, The settings change to the middle which i don't understand.

I think after using the 'classic' one I am going to stick with the 'wizard' tactic.

Don't get me wrong - the 'classic' one was fine and I was winning but I just felt that the team were more in control using the 'wizard' tactic. It's the first tactic I'm using that has my team playing great football.

I take it in order to revert back to 'wizard' you have to start a new game?

I think after using the 'classic' one I am going to stick with the 'wizard' tactic.

Don't get me wrong - the 'classic' one was fine and I was winning but I just felt that the team were more in control using the 'wizard' tactic. It's the first tactic I'm using that has my team playing great football.

im finding the same thing to be honest. while the classic tactic is good i find i concede more goals with it and games seem a lot harder to win. with the wizard tactics i have been smashing teams. liverpool 4-0 at home and 4-1 away spring to mind, porto 5-0 in the champs league final as well as beating chelsea both home and away in the league and champs league quarter finals and real madrid home and away in the semi finals.

im not convinced ill match this with the classic tactic but going to stick with it just to see.

just download the wizard tactic again simples!!

Oh right, because Hough didnt specify that it was the middle striker that needs to be good in the air, the way it reads suggests the 2 outta forwards need to be good in the air.

I think because when they go wide and cross the ball in for the other wide striker, thats what has been happening in my game anyway.

In response to people talking about aerial ability, I would say it was a bonus, but not necessary. For example my Portsmouth game, (a pretty good test for a tactic!) my 1st choice front three is:

Piquionne Kanu Utaka

So say Utaka pulls out into the right channel, as he does alot (AMR/ST), both Piquionne and Kanu are decent headers, and they have both popped up with goals from Utakas crosses and from full back crosses as well.

But as a proportion these goals are very low, even though they are both very decent headers by striker standards - so I would say a bonus for all three positions, especially for the central striker, but not a requirement at all.

I like the tactic (using classic) so far though check out this: 16 games in

scorers.png

You know the tactic must be good, because its certainly not the player :D

Overall I'm currently 5th with 27 points from 16 games, not bad considering I mean the squad is just woeful. Best result so far is below, I also got a 2-2 draw at Stamford Bridge!

mancity.th.png

Sadly I havent had a big money takeover yet, in another game Pompey got bought out by a super rich Italian businessmen (I have to admit, I was secretly hoping for that). May have to sell players in January, theres alot of interest in Wilson and Belhadj.