Mr Hough 10.3 Tactics

Which Tactic Do You Think Is The Best Version.  

1,063 members have voted

1. 1. Which Tactic Do You Think Is The Best Version.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

mr.hough, how do you get your both wingers not to track back too far when your team is defending?

I want them to stay a bit closer to my striker, when my team is defending, so that I can outplay the opposition on a counter, but my wingers often act like full backs, when I am defending and so it takes so much time, to get back the ball, since my defenders always shot the ball forward but the opposition midfielders are the only ones, which are in the near of the ball, so that they can still continue the pressure.

ivre tried everything from zonal to man from tight to loose from high closing down to low, but nothing helps.

my d-line is set to a bit over normal and the mentality of my wingers are 16, so logically they shouldnt support the defence that much.

hope you can help me

mr.hough, how do you get your both wingers not to track back too far when your team is defending?

I want them to stay a bit closer to my striker, when my team is defending, so that I can outplay the opposition on a counter, but my wingers often act like full backs, when I am defending and so it takes so much time, to get back the ball, since my defenders always shot the ball forward but the opposition midfielders are the only ones, which are in the near of the ball, so that they can still continue the pressure.

ivre tried everything from zonal to man from tight to loose from high closing down to low, but nothing helps.

my d-line is set to a bit over normal and the mentality of my wingers are 16, so logically they shouldnt support the defence that much.

hope you can help me

Mentality and closing down should take care of that! Also set marking to loose/zonal.

They both would work because they are work horse's and that is what is required, Idealy fabregas would be abit better in the tackle though.

Are the two dmc's on the same settings? The reason i ask is that i'm going to converter your 4-1-1-2-2 tactic that you released a little while ago into 4-2-2-2 that you are currently designing, just to get my team prepared for your new tactic.

Okay :) Deos this mean you'll be relaeasing two tactics? or not bother with the AMC tactic?

No i won't be making 2 tactics, Although if i come across a team or sign a player who is a great AMC i will convert to fit him, Then i will release if it's any good.

The exact opposite. If you want a player always available for counters lower his closing down and set his marking to loose/zonal.

but this way, he doesnt put pressure on the opposition.

he just waits for the opposition to come towards to him.

but i want to put pressure on the opposition in their own half with my two wingers striker and amc.

how can i reach that without increasing the d-line?

Since im bored and going to play fm all day long i wanted to try making this 4-2-2-2- tactic of my own and it seems to pay off.

The wingers are of high mentality and told to stay very close to the line. Tried both types of crosses, but i figured mixed was the best solution there.

Really excited now allthough ive only played 4 matches.

Everton home 4-1

Wolves away 3-0

Chelsea supercup penalywin, boring match

watfor away 6-0

Not all the best opponents but solid wins with confident play.

Fun to do while waiting for houghs tactic sine it wont be out until tomorrow.

Im liverpool btw in the second season. Beat newcastle 3-0 now and Real madrid 2-0 at home. I just dont concede. In the premiership ive got 17-1 goaldifference with 4 straight wins.

This is definently the formation to go with hough

EDIT:

just met chelsea who had played 5 games (one more than me) with 5 concecutive wins. Won 4-2 at stamford bridge. Dissappointed with the 2 goals conceded, but an amazing result

but this way, he doesnt put pressure on the opposition.

he just waits for the opposition to come towards to him.

but i want to put pressure on the opposition in their own half with my two wingers striker and amc.

how can i reach that without increasing the d-line?

So basically you want them to mark the oppossition AND be available for counters at the same time, AND not increase the D-Line? That's an awfull lot to ask. If you want them to pressure adjust the closing down accordingly, set their tackling to hard to win the ball high up the pitch, and set their marking to loose/zonal, that will make them more available for counters since they won't be tight marking anyone and probably won't be right next to an opossition player when you win the ball back. That's about the best I can think of but I am honestly not sure what exactly it is that you are trying to achieve.

So basically you want them to mark the oppossition AND be available for counters at the same time, AND not increase the D-Line? That's an awfull lot to ask. If you want them to pressure adjust the closing down accordingly, set their tackling to hard to win the ball high up the pitch, and set their marking to loose/zonal, that will make them more available for counters since they won't be tight marking anyone and probably won't be right next to an opossition player when you win the ball back. That's about the best I can think of but I am honestly not sure what exactly it is that you are trying to achieve.

i dont want them to mark the opposition.

its just like in real life.

did you ever see ronaldo tracking back until your own third to mark the opposition winger?

all he does is stay high up the pitch, try to slowly close down the opponent in their own third and when they reach your half he just comes back a little bit until your half line and than waits for the counter.

this way you also make sure, that the opposition full backs dont always run forward and try to overwhelm you.

its like the oppositon corners.

the more players you leave forward, the less players the opposition is going to send to the corner!!!

Hi,

Just spent a good couple of hours reading through this thread whilst testing the ADV MOD tactic. I'm absolutley battering everyone and haven't come close to losing in 10 games. I generally prefer my teams to have wingers though so can't wait to use your new tactic tomorrow night.

I know I'm not the first to say it but thanks for all the hard work Mr.Hough. I was getting very frustrated by having inconsistent performances from my team, but your ADV MOV tactic has brought my motivation back.

P.S. The links for the player filters don't seem to be working. I click on download now on filefront website but then it stops due to webpage not being found :S

Hi,

Just spent a good couple of hours reading through this thread whilst testing the ADV MOD tactic. I'm absolutley battering everyone and haven't come close to losing in 10 games. I generally prefer my teams to have wingers though so can't wait to use your new tactic tomorrow night.

I know I'm not the first to say it but thanks for all the hard work Mr.Hough. I was getting very frustrated by having inconsistent performances from my team, but your ADV MOV tactic has brought my motivation back.

P.S. The links for the player filters don't seem to be working. I click on download now on filefront website but then it stops due to webpage not being found :S

The ADV MOD is my base tactic with Dirty ACE's tweaks so we both take credit for that one.

Glad your enjoying it.

Will you give a link to a 4-2-2-2 formation latest tactics

I will be releasing this tactic tomorrow so no more "Can you release it tonight" requests please because it's annoying.

Thats what Mr Hough said i know its hard but deal with it like everyone else

I will be releasing this tactic tomorrow so no more "Can you release it tonight" requests please because it's annoying.

Thats what Mr Hough said i know its hard but deal with it like everyone else

I'm sorry, but it was not my intention to annoy not only the success of other tactics, was pruning my nerves: S: S: S

Maybe the defence is a problem also with the players.... I know tactics that have leaky defence but with some strong team eg Man Utd, Chelsea.... Barcelona etc... the defence sorted it's way out as i know the winger tactic is a more fluid and constructive one so you need some fast CB and FB that can hold the counteratacks... well maybe you cand repair the leaks without taking the attack.... i still hope you will release it by the end of the day :)

How many did you concede in the Premiership? :)

I have conceded 25 in 34 games, I have scored 114 though lol.

I have had my 2 DM's on run with ball and run from deep sometimes, I have changed them to rarely now so hopefully that will keep them in position better.

Maybe the defence is a problem also with the players.... I know tactics that have leaky defence but with some strong team eg Man Utd, Chelsea.... Barcelona etc... the defence sorted it's way out as i know the winger tactic is a more fluid and constructive one so you need some fast CB and FB that can hold the counteratacks... well maybe you cand repair the leaks without taking the attack.... i still hope you will release it by the end of the day :)

Yeah alot of the goals i have conceded seem to come from mistakes like missed interception stuff like that, I'm not reading that much into the defence i wanna try and get the DM's working better in defence.

Yeah alot of the goals i have conceded seem to come from mistakes like missed interception stuff like that, I'm not reading that much into the defence i wanna try and get the DM's working better in defence.

In my experience that tends to happen more often the more pressure you put on your defenders. Personaly, when I see too many "mistakes" by my defence it's a sign that my attackers and/or midfield are leaving them exposed. Out of curiosity, is it "through the middle" play you find harder to defend against or is it the flanks?

In my experience that tends to happen more often the more pressure you put on your defenders. Personaly, when I see too many "mistakes" by my defence it's a sign that my attackers and/or midfield are leaving them exposed. Out of curiosity, is it "through the middle" play you find harder to defend against or is it the flanks?

mostly counters, down on the wings and through the middle just depends

i think theres only so much you can do to tighten the defence sometimes i find i might have a game nailed down and be totally outplaying the other team but it feels sometimes that the "AI" decides its time to make you conceede if you know what i mean.

Finished my season with the new tactic and finished 8th with Newcastle which I think is an achievement!

If it wasn;t for my back 5 of: Krul, Taylor, Taylor, Collucini & Bouma I think it would have been much better!

I scored the 3rd most goals in the premiership - although my goal difference was only 10+!

Really looking forward to seeing how much money I get to help sort the defence out, as it's shambolic at the moment!

mostly counters, down on the wings and through the middle just depends

I don't presume to be an expert or anything, but for what it's worth when pressing high up the pitch I try to have a DMC on relatively low CD, and mentality close to or even lower than the CBs', depending on the philosophy of the system. It helps because he tends to move into DC position if one of the DCs gets draged out of position. That, and having the fullbacks as defensive as reasonably possible seems to work for me, although obviously it is not possible to never concede on the counter when playing a high DL. It is however possible to make a very solid defensive system with a high D-line. Just my 2 cents, best of luck with your tactic, I'm sure it will be as solid as the rest of them.

I don't presume to be an expert or anything, but for what it's worth when pressing high up the pitch I try to have a DMC on relatively low CD, and mentality close to or even lower than the CBs', depending on the philosophy of the system. It helps because he tends to move into DC position if one of the DCs gets draged out of position. That, and having the fullbacks as defensive as reasonably possible seems to work for me, although obviously it is not possible to never concede on the counter when playing a high DL. It is however possible to make a very solid defensive system with a high D-line. Just my 2 cents, best of luck with your tactic, I'm sure it will be as solid as the rest of them.

I say no to a High D-Line. The oppenents get at least 3 CCC a game.

I say no to a High D-Line. The oppenents get at least 3 CCC a game.

vssaltzburg.th.png

I was playing with a D-Line of 18. It all depends on how you play. If you have any questions or want to discuss more on the d-line topic let's take it to PM's please so we don't spam MR Hough's thread too much :)

vssaltzburg.th.png

I was playing with a D-Line of 18. It all depends on how you play. If you have any questions or want to discuss more on the d-line topic let's take it to PM's please so we don't spam MR Hough's thread too much :)

I don't want to discuss, but High D-Line only works for strong teams or heavy favourates. This is due to Mental stats of your defenders being higher than your attacks in order to perform the Line better.

very pity that it hasnt been uploaded yet.

hoped to try to transform it into a 4231 tonight, since I am not working tomorrow, but looks like it isnt going to be uploaded today.

anyway, rather have a full working tactic, which I can get some help from for my own tactic than having again so much people complaining, that it isnt working properly for their sides!!!