dafuge's FM10 challenge

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

'The Nuneaton Town hierarchy appear to finally be losing patience with manager Joe Tompkins, according to The Non-League Paper.

The Non-League Paper are declaring that a bad result against Stafford in the forthcoming Blue Square North match could seal his fate.'

Not something you want to hear :(

'The Nuneaton Town hierarchy appear to finally be losing patience with manager Joe Tompkins, according to The Non-League Paper.

The Non-League Paper are declaring that a bad result against Stafford in the forthcoming Blue Square North match could seal his fate.'

Not something you want to hear :(

Panic over I won :)

Scraped past Hinckley in the BSN playoff semis. First leg was 2-2, second leg was 2-2 after 90 minutes, but we managed to get two goals in extra time to secure a place in the playoff final. Hopefully the break we get will make sure our team is fully fit.

Dafuge I think it would be good if all the saves that Gilbster has go on the OP.

Although I don't mind people providing save games I'd prefer to keep them hidden to try and encourage people to start their own games.

Downloading a save game means you will have a game with identical random PAs and shortlists to anyone else who also plays it.

Tooting & Mitcham United FC - Blue Square South - 2010/11

We were predicted by the media to finish rock bottom so I knew I had a lot of work to do.

League Table

League Positions Graph

We made a shaky start but hit form once we found our feet and got a settled team. We slumped in the middle of the season but pulled it back to make the playoffs, in fact if it wasn't for an equaliser in our last game we would have finished 2nd. The screenshot has cut it off but Forest Green had 10 points deducted, so they really walked this league.

FA Cup - we beat Blyth but then lost to lower league opposition.

FA Trophy - lower league Dartford came back to haunt me.

Transfers 1 Transfers 2 - so much action I couldn't fit it on one page. I looked to get rid of all the deadwood and replace them with young free transfers.

Squad - a young squad with good players but there are still weaknesses, particularly on the wings.

Key Player Profiles:

Aaron Goode - one of the few players from the original team that I kept.

Lewis Toshney - released by Celtic, I made him my captain.

Greg Rutherford - released by Hearts, he was my main striker.

Craig McShea - released by Rangers, he is probably the most talented player in my squad. He spent the season rotating between the wing and striker position.

James Keatings - released by Celtic, he was the creative force behind a lot of our goals.

Career Overview

Season    League                   Position    Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2010/11   Blue Square South        5th         playoffs - tba

Next Season

The playoffs are coming up next live, so I'll leave this bit for now. We face Braintree.

I'm all for good sportsmanship, but sometimes there's a limit. My player was just clean through, with the goal at his mercy, but instead of shooting he turned around and booted the ball out of play, since the opposition had an injured player. Thank god we went on to win, which was coincidentally our first win in 6 games.

Getting angry at my fans, I take on rival Histon who is sitting in second and has beat us all 3 times we have played them by more than two goals, so we get them at home win 2-1 and the fans are only slightly pleased, after throwing fits every time we have lost.

Any one know of a fast way to check who has been promoted with out having to alt tab and check the lists every time?

After 5 or 6 reloads you should be able to just glance and notice new teams, at least I could, not sure of another way to do it.

Any one know of a fast way to check who has been promoted with out having to alt tab and check the lists every time?

I go to the BSN first. Click on the first team, then go to History -> League Positions. Then I flip through the team looking for those with no history. After doing this 5-6 times, I simply look at the league tables for teams looking different :)

Playoff semi leg 2

I knew they would attack but I didn't expect this. Things were looking very comfortable and I was already thinking about the final, then Braintree hit back, twice. My goalie then scores an own goal in extra time and it looked all over, until David Williams popped up at the death to snatch an equaliser. My team scored all their penalties and Connor Fairley made up for his error by saving two of theirs.

Gypsum's King's Lynn - End of season update - 2010/11

Blue square North - 2nd place - Playoff winners

League graph

Squad info;

General squad info

Transfers

Key players;

Craig Rodger - ST - A former Rangers youth product who we snapped up on a free transfer. Blistering pace and skill saw him bag 27 goals this season which made him the BSN top scorer, and his excellent form saw him named BSN Player of the season.

Kyle Watson - AMR/ST - Another young Scot snapped up for free, this time from Dundee. His tribbling, flair and team work made him a key asset to the squad playing mostly on the right wing, but also having a stint up front. He unfortunately missed the Playoff finals with a virus, but his 10 goals and 15 assists this season were an invaluable part of our promotion.

James Keatings - AM/FC - Yet another Scottish bargain, James was a former Celtic youth player before joining us on a free. He soon formed an impressive partnership up-front with Craig Rodger which saw him claim 18 goals and 12 assists.

Season        Division            Position                 Achievements
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11       BSN                 2nd                      Playoff winners

Playoff semi leg 2

I knew they would attack but I didn't expect this. Things were looking very comfortable and I was already thinking about the final, then Braintree hit back, twice. My goalie then scores an own goal in extra time and it looked all over, until David Williams popped up at the death to snatch an equaliser. My team scored all their penalties and Connor Fairley made up for his error by saving two of theirs.

Wow what a finish.

Playoff semi leg 2

:thup:good luck in the final dafuge

Gypsum's King's Lynn - End of season update - 2010/11

Blue square North - 2nd place - Playoff winners

congratz on promotion and good luck in the bsp :thup: hopefully you will be able to avoid relegation

Archived