dafuge's FM10 challenge

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What a result!

They are two leagues above us so it was a shock to dominate the game like that. This puts us in the draw for the 3rd round so fingers crossed for a much needed money spinner.

What formation are you playing Dafuge? And what's the main strategy of your tactic/roles of your players? From the little I have played of the demo, I'm struggling to creat CCCs and you seem to have created 6 of them against a side two divisions about you and generally dominated the game in all areas!

What formation are you playing Dafuge? And what's the main strategy of your tactic/roles of your players? From the little I have played of the demo, I'm struggling to creat CCCs and you seem to have created 6 of them against a side two divisions about you and generally dominated the game in all areas!

4-4-2 wide diamond, attacking, attacking roles for most players.

As good as that match makes my tactic look, I have also lost a lot of games to inferior opponents, it is frustratingly inconsistent.

Through Steam, sorry I should have said that in my origonal post.

I don't have 7, but I am guessing its like vista, just go to the same path as the first post says, should just be in the steam common apps folder.

If its not there I can try and help more.

Well I've totally re-designed my tactic from a 442 into a 4132 because my wingers were just dreadfull & I kept losing out on the wingers I wanted to sign but my scouts were giving me some nice reports on some central midfielders so opted to switch to a narrow formation and target a couple of central midfielders. After taking around 10 players on trial I opted to sign Scottish midfielder Nick Main & Bulgarian Valentin Milenov (trial screenshot below) to help bolster my squad to fit the new tactic.

I also took on another Bulgarian player on trial who was a former team mate of Milenov & after he came I also offered a full time contract, left back Dimitar Ruychev (screenshot from trial below) is rated as a potential league 1 player & is by far the most talented player in my squad so far.

Now to try and get some wins under the belt!

Milenov On Trial

Ruychev On Trial

Thanks for that I've just poached those two :D

Though it looks like Wrexham were hanging around the airport as just after I'd trialled Milenov they offered him a contract as well, luckily he choose me :cool:

Braintree and King's Lynn should be in the South as well, Braintree isn't that far north of London its in Essex
Any idea why I've changed? I don't particularly like the idea of entering a new league; I hope the northern teams are easier than the southern ones.

In other news I have organised 2 mental friendlies in pre-season:

- 27 07 11 - Leverkusen (Home)

- 01 08 11 - Man Utd Reserves (Home)

Will be earning about £24k in total, which should sort the wages out for a few months :)

Two games gone & we have beaten Mansfield 2-0 at there place and Wrexham 2-0 at home to leave us in 3rd place, have only made 3 transfers who were all strikers (my least needed upgrade position but they looked real class) with Zoltan Harsanyi(released by Bolton) scoring 3 of the goals for us so far. Also coming in were Davide Enrico Somma who is a South African player that can play on the right wing or up front, he was released by Leeds. The last signing Scottish striker Christiano Kisuka who was released by Rangers. Unfortunately I've not been able to find a defensive midfielder yet and there really seems to be a lack of good ones willing to sign for Hendon, will continue to look though.

Any idea why I've changed? I don't particularly like the idea of entering a new league; I hope the northern teams are easier than the southern ones.

In other news I have organised 2 mental friendlies in pre-season:

- 27 07 11 - Leverkusen (Home)

- 01 08 11 - Man Utd Reserves (Home)

Will be earning about £24k in total, which should sort the wages out for a few months :)

there were more southern teams than northern being relegated/promoted to the bss and bsn, they need to balance out the bss and bsn so they each have 22 teams, since you are the most northern team in the bss they moved you to the bsn to even it out

i hope that makes sense :)

Jimmy Hunter is the best I could get, Michael Hughes is normally interested aswell.

I seen your post earlier and searched for Hunter but he wasn't on my game :(

I got one in the end though.

First game in the league:

Dartford 2-1 Hampton & Richmond

Roughly how long would it take for me to get them promoted by reloading? I'm happy to spend several hours doing it.

No idea. If you take into account the amount of ppl playing this challenge and the number og reloadings being done, none have ever come across them. I think your chances are close to zero.

I've been reloading for a whole day without seeing a certain rep 1000 team :)

there were more southern teams than northern being relegated/promoted to the bss and bsn, they need to balance out the bss and bsn so they each have 22 teams, since you are the most northern team in the bss they moved you to the bsn to even it out

i hope that makes sense :)

Ah ok, cheers.

Hi could someone let me know how to enable the Past Positions graph? I am on the Blue Square North league table and only Stages, Schedule and Rules are available. Help is appreciated.

go on to the league table and click on "1st" or "2nd" etc then you will be on the past positions graph and you can choose which team to look at on the right hand side

Thanks for that I've just poached those two :D

Though it looks like Wrexham were hanging around the airport as just after I'd trialled Milenov they offered him a contract as well, luckily he choose me :cool:

Yoink! got these two as well :D

Been on Holiday for a year... oh to dream and my local club Boston Utd have been promoted so i am now in charge of them, made a few signings and none of them have cost a penny.

Marlon Beresford

Malcolm Christie

Tommy Jaszcun

Sos Yao

Gary Holt

So far so good in BSN.... Played 6, Won 3, Drew 2, Lost 1

Will keep you all posted, hows everyone else doin??

FC United of Manchester - Blue Square North - 2010/11

A season in which I was predicted to be going straight back down showed this team needed a major shake up.

League Table

Past Positions

We started off with some draws but slowly the wins started to come in, and FC United built their way up the table. Up until around January time, Chester led the table by some margin however they slumped towards the end of January into February and March with an impending takeover, and with FC United seeing a great run of form at this time, they brought the fight to Chester and eventually managed to overtake them.

FA Cup - An unlucky game against Bradford saw us knocked out in the first round

FA Trophy - Really just wasn't good enough, we should have progressed further.

Transfers - Some excellent signings and some right rubbish players chucked out. Introduced a couple of new players in the final few games of the season in build for next season's tough challenge.

Squad 1 + Squad 2

Key Players

Craig McShea - Incredible player snapped up after Rangers released him, can play everywhere up front, but after the first couple of months established himself as my star striker. Never missed a game. Top scorer in the BSN with 30 goals in 42, fantastic really.

Sam Barnes - Captain, snapped up from Stockport for 2.5k, inspirational play at the back all season long.

James Keatings - Released from Celtic, 14 goals in 33, was excellent at the start of the season, scoring most of our goals but he acted as more of an attacking midfielder as time went by, and he was excellent.

Tom Miller - Released from Rangers, phenomenal midfielder.

Adam Hunter - Released from Rangers, excellent defender, partnered with Barnes was brilliant all season.

Achievements

Season        Division            Position                 Achievements
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11       BSN                 1st                      League Winners

Next Season

Staying up is all I am concered about next season, fingers crossed.

FC United of Manchester - Blue Square North - 2010/11

Good luck, nice start for sure, also could just be me but none of those pics were working, looked more like a photobucket issue not something wrong with the links.

Never mind seem to be fine now not sure what the issue was.

The transfers screen where you can see players that have been released on frees is awsome, either i didnt find that on FM08 or it wasnt there :D

I do find it is pretty slow tho, once clicking on a player and then clicking back to the list and a shame their doesnt seem to be any kind of filtering system to to it.

It's been there for a while Jsar, I've often used it as a method to find players in league one and the championship, simply scroll through the top European sides & see who they released. Another method I sometimes use is check certain teams, I tend to check the top Scandanavian sides and who they released in hope one of them is a potential good player. Infact remember in FM08 I signed a Danish MC regen on a free transfer when in league 2 and ended up selling him for around £6m when I was in the championship.

Offered a bunch of new contracts to players, and thankfully all but 2 are willing to take pay cuts, seeing as I am 450k in debt. One wants a £5 increase, and one staying the same, so hopefully that saves he a whole bunch of money. Am £567 over the wage budget atm, hopefully this takes me into the white in terms of wage budget.

Archived