dafuge's FM10 challenge

Settling in for my late night session now. Looking forward to hopefully having a season long top scorer battle between my two main strikers. Currently their stats are:

Elliott Chamberlain; played 7, scored 5, 6 assists

Jabuti; played 7, scored 7, 5 assists

Also, I hate it when I forget to set my penalty takers, so my centre back captain decides he's going to take it and then proceeds to spanner it three miles over the crossbar :rolleyes:

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Merthyr Tydfil

Blue Square South-2010/11

League

We started poorly, but when we got going we were unbeatable.

Transfers Lots in, lots out.

Squad

Goals from all areas of the pitch.

Selected Profiles:

Taylor

Key goals from the wing, not sure he will be able to step up.

McShea Too good for this level. Class act.

Keatings Gave us goals from midfield.

Hunter The star of the defence.

Superb first season, SJ234 :thup: A few of the players you signed turned me down :(

Thanks, it is strange how the scottish youth squads were so intersted in signing for a welsh team yet the welsh wouldnt even consider us.

Yeah, the reloading is frustrating. I didn't bother this time, just picked from who came up in the first attempt.

Jabuti just broke his drought to put us into the first round proper of the FA Cup. Got Exeter at home.

Boston united season 26 2035/36

League Table, Position Graph final position - 1st

Another successful season for us saw us wrap the title up with 7 games to go after a dominant 3-0 win over Leeds. As you can see we led the way all the way from the beginning and I'm surprised we managed to go unbeaten all season.

Cups

Community Shield

Played Man City here and completely dominated the game from start to finish.

FA Cup

Not the easiest run through to the final which saw us up against West Ham

League Cup

The league cup saw us run through to the final again with a rematch of the community shield. As you can see we dominated the game to win the Cup for the 5th time.

Champions League

The group stage saw us drawn against Athletico Madrid, Fiorentina and Schalke. Getting through the group with a couple of bumps along the way the 1st Knock out round saw us drawn against PSV. A 3-1 away win set us up for the home tie where we won 1-0 setting us up for a Quarter Final against Real Madrid. A 1-0 home win set up a tense away game at the Bernabau which was taken with a 1-0 win meaning we got revenge for being dumped out at the same stage a couple of years ago, it also set up a semi withZenit. A 1-1 away draw set up a home leg where we really could do with a win. A scrappy game saw us win 1-0 setting up a final against french opposition in Olympique Lyonnais. The Final was far from a classic but we managed to take a 2nd Champions League title.

Transfers

The stand out player brought in was Jasper Cornelis who I got at a great price from Man Utd.

Star Player

The star player this year has been Marco Antonio Torres

Torres has been a beast at right back this season and he has many more years to come only being 20 years old.

He was also voted Player's Young Player of the Year

Key Players

James Farrell A great season for the left winger

Teoman Ozalp The young Turkish wonderkid has been great up front

Tahir Seker This Turk has been a rock in the centre of defence when playing with either of the two below

Anthony Egbo French Defender who slotted right into the defence

Angelo Manno Another good season for the Italian

Roberto Catalano A greatg season for the Left back.

Cassio Another fine season from the Brazillian

Jasper Cornelis A great 1st season for this Belgian winger

Finances

Other News

I was awarded the Manager of the year and Farrell got Player's Player of the Year

7 Players were in the Champions League Dream Team

4 players were in the Premier League Team of the Year

Season Best 11

Overall best 11

New inductees to the Overall best 11

Terry Campbell

Season           League              Final Position               Achievments
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11       Blue Square North          7th                         none
2011/12       Blue Square North          2nd                       Promoted Via Playoffs
2012/13       Blue Square Premier        15th                        none  
2013/14       Blue Square Premier        20th                        none
2014/15       Blue Square Premier        12th                        none
2015/16       Blue Square Premier        3rd                       Lost in Playoff Final   
2016/17       Blue Square Premier        1st                       Automatic Promotion, FA Trophy
2017/18       Coca Cola League 2         2nd                       Automatic Promtion
2018/19       Coca Cola League 1         21st                      Relegated to League 2
2019/20       Coca Cola League 2         4th                       Lost in Playoff Final
2020/21       Coca Cola League 2         4th                       Promoted via Playoffs
2021/22       Coca Cola League 1         9th                         none
2022/23       Coca Cola League 1         11th                        none
2023/24       Coca Cola League 1         1st                       League 1 Champions
2024/25       Coca Cola Championship     11th                        none
2025/26       Coca Cola Championship     14th                        none
2026/27       Coca Cola Championship     5th                      Lost in Playoff Semi Finals
2027/28       Coca Cola Championship     1st                      Championship Champions 
2028/29       Premier League             7th                      Qualified for the Europa League
2029/30       Premier League             2nd                      Qualified for the Champions League
2030/31       Premier League             1st                      Premier League and Carling Cup Winners
2031/32       Premier League             1st                      Premier League and Carling Cup Winners
2032/33       Premier League             1st                      PL, CL, Carling Cup and FA Cup Winners
2033/34       Premier League             1st                      PL, CWC and European Super Cup Winners
2034/35       Premier League             1st                      PL, Carling Cup and FA Cup Winners
2035/36       Premier League             1st                      PL, CL, Carling Cup and FA Cup Winners

All in all a good season there for us with another Quadruple and a fully unbeaten season. At times it was hard but we got through it.

International

England 2035/36

Competitive games

Vs Luxembourg (ECQ) A dominant win here.

@ Montenegro (ECQ) An efficient performance from the boys here, which saw us qualify for the European Championships with 3 games to go.

@ Sebia (ECQ) Should have won the game here.

Vs Norway (ECQ) A good win here.

@ Azerbaijan (ECQ) An easy win overall

European Championship

Belgium vs England (Group Stage) An easy 2-0 win here to open the tournament

Portugal Vs England (Group Stage) Another 2-0 win here

England vs Scotland (group Stage) Disappointed with a 2-2 as we were 2-0 up

England vs Sweden (Quarter Final) A good 2-1 win over the Swede's here

England vs Spain (Semi Final) The toughest test for us saw England's Penalty curse strike again.

International Record

Year          Team                      Competition              Result                  Notes    
2034          Brazil                    World Cup                4th Place               Resigned after 3rd place play off
2036          England                   European Championship    Semi Final

Other Winners

Premier League - Boston Utd

FA Cup - Boston Utd

Carling Cup - Boston Utd

Champions League - Boston Utd

Europa League - Crewe Alexandra

European Championship - Spain (This match ensured one of my two main keepers would be a European Champion)

Aims for next season

Carry on going.

Good to catch up with your progress, Almondo. Mighty congratulations on the unbeaten season, that is some feat. I've done unbeaten in the league before (once, Rangers on FM07) but I've never gone through every competition unbeaten. I can see just how far I've got to go before I become as big a Boston legend as you :D

Ouch :( If I'd have been in that situation, with the challenge already completed, I'm not sure I could have faced replying time because of a corrupted file.

Made a mistake when I said Jabuti put us into the FA Cup 1st round, by the way. Was meant to be that he scored the winner in the 1st round to put us into the 2nd round against Exeter. I'm loving my cup runs again :cool:

Almondo - Did I read right? Crewe as Europa League Winners :eek:. Can I have a club information screenie please?

I would do Stig but I just lost all my saves. For some reason the game didn't save my game when I logged off it. I went back this morning and had no saves etc. but you did read it right and they also got into the champions league.

Good to catch up with your progress, Almondo. Mighty congratulations on the unbeaten season, that is some feat. I've done unbeaten in the league before (once, Rangers on FM07) but I've never gone through every competition unbeaten. I can see just how far I've got to go before I become as big a Boston legend as you :D

I did it with my arsenal team in the prem this year :cool:

Just about to start this challenge! One question - downloaded tactics, yes or no? In the past I haven't used them but at lower league level it might make more sense to just grab a tactic from the Tactics forum and focus on my players. Is that against the rules, and if not, what do you guys do?

Kingstonian Season Review - Season 1 10/11

Media prediction - 20th

Final posistion - 3rd

After the usual summer of free signings, and all the usual faces from Scotland along with Jabuti (a big thank you to whoever found him first! :thup:) we got under way. My first go at this challenge on 10.2 I spent 3 seasons in BSS sowas planning on a tough season, my players seemedto have other ideas though as we started well and got better! By the end of September we were still undefeated and 8 points clear at the top.

The next couple of months proveed much tougher and come Jan I needed to pick up some new players, after a defeat away to Bromely I poached the player that destroyed me - James Dayton and put himon the left wing, he turned out to be a fantastic signing with 4 goals and 7 assists helping me in the run in.

At one stage there were only 5 points between to top 7 and everytime we (or any team) had a chance to open up a lead it was blown, going in to the run in (last 5 games) we had 3 at home ( one of which was against 5th place st albans) and 2 away (at then 4th place Truro and league leaders Basingstoke) so was a pretty tough run in. We beat Truro 2-0 then lost at home to st albans 2-1, despite taking the lead early in the second half, to 2 goals in the final 10 mins then drew away to Basingstoke with them scoring in the 92nd min. These resulsts meant play offs for the mighty K's!

In the semi final we drew St Albans who we had drew and lost to in the league, away from home an early goal from CM Stephen O'Donnel gave us the lead. We defened for our lives and tried to hit them on the counter and we almost snatched a late goal through Jabuti but his flick header was cleared off the line. Final score was 1-0 to the K's.

The second leg at the fans stadium we were missing a couple of our players away on under 19 duty, the players shrugged this off and went straight on the attack, an early goal from Jabuti was followed by 2 quick goals from a young AMR that I found in Bromelys under 19 squad, which meant that we were 3 up and cruising to the final, a late 4th goal was the iceing on the cake.

In the final we played Bromely who had beaten us twice and got a draw in the 3 games we had played against them this season so was a touch worried going into the game, we started brightly and took the lead from ,who else, Jabuti, again defened well and hit them on the counter and we got a late second from Sam Hatton to secure our promotion a season before I thought we would.

I refuse to mention the cups due to us being knocked out at the first time of asking!

Carrer Review

2010/11 BSS 3rd Playoff winners

Aims for nest season - stay up!

SnakeXe's Merthyr Tydfil - Season 26 - 2035/36

Story of the Season:

For the first time in a while not much money was spent during the summer as I looked to develop my academy a little better. The only signing was the transfer-listed £6m centre-back Enea Greco from Man City as 4th choice. He has great pace, and will be useful against small, quick strikers. Outgoing was Oscar Gomez in January for £10.75m to Spurs. Signed as a prospect several seasons ago, he's never really progressed as much as I'd have liked, despite breaking into the Spain national squad, and it was good business with some of the youth intake we had.

On the pitch, Massimiliano Maggio again disappointed on the goalscoring stakes - the 10.3 patch has probably scuppered any chance he had of a really massive career total. Still, he's closing in on club record scorer Jose Manuel Moran on 250, and will probably trouble the 500 mark if he stays with the club.

The side in general didn't perform to the best of its abilities, with the lack of spending on the team taking its toll. My reserves were dumped out of the League Cup very early by an average Tottenham side. The FA Cup and Champions League campaigns were more successful, in both reaching the final.

The FA Cup final went poorly, with a 2-1 defeat to a ridiculously lucky goal, whilst the Champions League final, despite being a poor match between a substandard Villareal, and our deflated, knackered team, went well for us with a 2-0 win to reclaim our crown.

Meanwhile in the league, a resurgent Man Utd stormed their way to the title, wresting it from us for the first time in a decade. Too many draws lead to our downfall, but we just generally didn't deserve it this time.

In addition, long standing Assistant Manager Sasa Vukomanovic left the club just days shy of his 18th anniversary of joining. Apparently £53,000 per week just isn't enough wonga! Replaced him with retiring captain and former talisman Tommy Fraser - very neat succession I think :)

In better news, all our facilities are completely awesome now, and I reached 1,500 games in charge. An unprecedented whitewash of the World Footballer of the Year rankings was nice too.

Next Season:

Reclaim the Premier League title, score more goals, play better football, and keep bringing through the youth.

5 Most Important Players:

5. Magalhaes - AM/FC - One of the greatest players of all time, but aging now.

4. Massimiliano Maggio - ST - Could have been a true great, but will probably have to settle for merely being amazing.

3. Paulinho - GK - Longest serving player, becoming an excellent stopper and is entering his prime. Having considered him the weak link in the team in seasons past, he's "done a Valdes" and is now one of its strengths.

2. John Hollis - ST - Strong, quick, deft, and a superb finisher. Maggio held back his development for a couple of years, but now the two partner each other and terrorize the opposition.

1. Julien Wiesemes - AMRL - Probably the best player in the world, and a loyal servant to boot.

At a Glance:

Premier League - 2nd

Champions League - Winners

FA Cup - Runners Up (lost v Chelsea)

League Cup - 3rd Round (lost v Tottenham)

Community Shield - Runners Up (lost v Chelsea)

Transfers - £6.25m Profit

History:

Season    League                  Position  Achievements                   
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11   Blue Square South       1st       Blue Square South Champions,  Promoted
2011/12   Blue Square Premier     1st       Blue Square Premier  Champions, Promoted
2012/13   Coca-Cola League Two    4th       Play-Off Winners, Promoted
2013/14   Coca-Cola League One    6th       Play-Off Semi-Finalists
2014/15   Coca-Cola League One    4th       Play-Off Semi-Finalists
2015/16   Coca-Cola League One    17th      Johnstone's Paint Trophy Winners
2016/17   Coca-Cola League One    2nd       Promoted
2017/18   Coca-Cola Championship  18th      None
2018/19   Coca-Cola Championship  21st      None
2019/20   Coca-Cola Championship  9th       None
2020/21   Coca-Cola Championship  6th       Play-Off Winners, Promoted
2021/22   Premier League          13th      None
2022/23   Premier League          14th      None
2023/24   Premier League          9th       None
2024/25   Premier League          4th       League Cup Runners Up
2025/26   Premier League          1st       PL Champions
2026/27   Premier League          1st       PL Champions, CL Winners, LC  Winners
2027/28   Premier League          1st       PL Champions, CL Winners, LC  Winners, CWC Winners
2028/29   Premier League          1st       PL Champions, CL Winners, FA  Cup Winners, CWC Winners
2029/30   Premier League          1st       PL Champions, CL Winners, FA  Cup Winners, LC Winners, CWC Winners
2030/31   Premier League          1st       PL Champions, CL Winners, FA  Cup Winners, CWC Winners
2031/32   Premier League          1st       PL Champions, CL Winners,  CWC Winners
2032/33   Premier League          1st       PL Champions, CL Winners, FA  Cup Winners, LC Winners, CWC Winners
2033/34   Premier League          1st       PL Champions, CL Winners, FA  Cup Winners, LC Winners, CWC Winners
2034/35   Premier League          1st       PL Champions, LC Winners
2035/36   Premier League          2nd       CL Winners

Merthyr Tydfil Academy Hall of Fame:

A new feature for this season, I've decided to log all academy graduates who have completed over 100 first team appearances. There's quite a few from earlier seasons I don't have any of the information for because they've retired from the game completely, which is a shame. Quite a few of the newer batches will join these guys over the coming seasons hopefully!

Name                Pos        Era                    Apps   Goals     AvR
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Joe Thomas          DM/MC      2029-Present            312      33    7.00
Mike Williamson     DM/AMLC    2029-2035               175      12    6.76

Previous Season Reports:

Season 1 - 2010/11

Season 2 - 2011/12

Season 3 - 2012/13

Season 4 - 2013/14

Season 5 - 2014/15

Season 6 - 2015/16

Season 7 - 2016/17

Season 8 - 2017/18

Season 9 - 2018/19

Season 10 - 2019/20

Season 11 - 2020/21

Season 12 - 2021/22

Season 13 - 2022/23

Season 14 - 2023/24

Season 15 - 2024/25

Season 16 - 2025/26

Season 17 - 2026/27

Season 18 - 2027/28

Season 19 - 2028/29

Season 20 - 2029/30

Season 21 - 2030/31

Season 22 - 2031/32

Season 23 - 2032/33

Season 24 - 2033/34

Season 25 - 2034/35

SnakeXe's International Career - Italy - Season 26 - 2035/36

Story of the Season:

The Euros started in great fashion with a 1-0 win over probably the best team in the world - England, surprisingly enough. A ridiculous match against Serbia followed, us smashing over 25 shots on their goal before they managed to lash in a 40 yard free kick with the last kick of the game to steal it 1-0. As I said, ridiculous.

So we needed a result against the Scots to take us through - a good win would send us through as group winners. A 3-1 win was indeed obtained, putting us through as group winners - our 1-0 win over England giving us the edge as we finished with identical records.

Sweden loomed in the Quarter Final, and almost did for us, as we played really shoddily again. They took the lead in the second half, but an inspired substitution, bringing pacey Manuel Di Michele on as a Poacher as part of a front 3, meant we turned it around to win 2-1 with barely nanoseconds on the clock.

What should have been a jaunt against the Czechs in the semi turned into a slog. A last minute equaliser sent us into extra time at 2-2, but luckily Paolo Santarelli scored on his debut to win it 3-2.

The Final would be contested against old rivals France. Our injury list was ridiculous, we only could field 6 substitutes, and we had no left wingers left, having taken 4 in the squad who could play there. A flukey French opener was something we had no answer for, and despite creating a few passable chances, we never broke their resolve. First time I've been knocked out of an international tournament in this save on FM10.

I quit after the final, couldn't really stomach another qualifying campaign with Italy. If the England job comes again I'll take it, but the Wales one is the job I want.

Next Season:

Sit back and smoke a fat cuban.

At a Glance:

European Championships - Runners Up (lost v France)

History:

Season     Nation                  Achievements                  
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2030/31   England                 None
2031/32   England                 European Championship Winners
2032/33   Italy                   None
2033/34   Italy                   World Cup Winners
2034/35   Italy                   None
2035/36   Italy                   European Championship Runners Up

Previous Season Reports:

Season 21 - 2030/31

Season 22 - 2031/32

Season 23 - 2032/33

Season 24 - 2033/34

Season 25 - 2034/35

How do I solve my finance problems as I am in the **** atm :(

When I did this with Canvey the only thing that saved my financial bacon in the lower leagues was putting together runs in the FA Cup. Got draws against decent sized clubs for a couple of years, each of which earned me between about £300K and £500K and really kept me afloat. Otherwise I haven't yet figured out how to keep a lower league club solvent.

When I did this with Canvey the only thing that saved my financial bacon in the lower leagues was putting together runs in the FA Cup. Got draws against decent sized clubs for a couple of years, each of which earned me between about £300K and £500K and really kept me afloat. Otherwise I haven't yet figured out how to keep a lower league club solvent.

Right I better put some effort in the Fa cup then :(

For the first time in FM10 I've had a clean sweep of monthly awards! Got young player,player and manager of the month for oct! Been a good start to my season, am 2nd and on a 13 game unbeaten run (yes I know I have now jinxed myslef :D)

For the first time in FM10 I've had a clean sweep of monthly awards! Got young player,player and manager of the month for oct! Been a good start to my season, am 2nd and on a 13 game unbeaten run (yes I know I have now jinxed myslef :D)

What about goal :p

I'm trying to get a team with reputation under 1000. Many reloads.

Something I noticed though, is that Worcester sometimes shows up in Blue Square North and some other times in South. All the other teams seem to stay in the same league all the time.

Worcester finished 9th in Blue Square North in 2009/2010. So it doesn't seem as if it was relegated and then promoted or something like that.

Does this happen in real life that a team switches from Blue Square North to South? I'm American and don't have much knowledge of the real life leagues.

Nantwich Town – Premier League 2030/31 – Season 21

After having come close to a clean sweep last season I expected more of the same this season.

The board again expected a top four finish, whilst the bookies made us second favourites to win the league behind Man City, the media also predicted we'd finish second and Inaki Zelaia became the second Nantwich legend and slightly annoying is the fact he is more liked than me :(

We remained the Third Richest Club in the World, whilst our sponsorship deal tripled to a still rather paltry £1.1M a year.

Transfers - I continued to raid the world for promising youngsters, whilst several players were sold off - youngsters who hadn't made it and moaning players - English Midfielder Elvis Kwame joined Bordeaux for a joint record £28.5m after he wanted silly money for a new contract and I let left back Airam Barba join AC Milan.

Page Two - French Midfielder Guillaume Larroque joined Sporting after he wanted to leave without ever playing for me.

Page Three - Academy player Geoff Grant eventually joined Man Utd for a record £34.5m after he demanded to be first choice, I didn't really want to sell him to Utd but two transfers to R.Madrid and one to Roma fell through as they couldn't afford him and I wasn't going to make Man City any stronger no matter what they offered.

Community Shield - We started the season off by retaining the Community Shield for a record 4th straight year, this time thanks to a Leite penalty.

Premier League - We walked the league this season, despite a slow start drawing two of our first three games, thanks to conceeding 90th minute goals, we won our next 18 games (a new record) including a 1-0 win over Arsenal and Man City leaving us 20 points clear at the turn of the year. The second half of the season didn't get off to a great start as we suffered a shock 1-0 defeat to Aston Villa and then drew 0-0 to Sunderland, we injuries starting to pile up we started to falter losing to 1-0 to Everton, Notts County and Sheff Utd and Watford beat us 3-2, thankfully neither Man City or Arsenal were in form this season and we finally claimed the title in the middle of March with six games left to play. Our lack of goals in the second half of the season was a worry - in the first half we scored 51 goals in 19 games, second half we only managed 26 in 19 games.

Whilst Liverpool become the third top side to get relegated, just need City and Arsenal to go down now.

Champions League - Despite being in the last two finals and ranked as the #1 side in Europe we were only fifth favourites for the Champions League this season. In the Group Stage draw we were given three new sides to face; CSKA Moscow, Cagliari and FC Kobenhavn.

Group Stage - we managed to finish top despite a shock 3-0 defeat in Italy to Cagliari

In the Knockout Round we would face Barcelona yet again and in the First Leg a third minute goal from Frank Schmidt was enough to claim a win, things weren't helped when his countryman Muraccioli got himself sent off just after the hour. In the Second Leg Spanish Striker Inaki Zelaia picked a good time to return from his 4 month injury as he inspired us to a comfortable 4-0 win.

In the Quarter Final we were drawn against a Porto side who'd knocked Inter out on away goals, and in the First Leg goals from Zelaia and Giles were enough to take a 2-0 lead back to England. In the Second Leg some poor finishing nearly cost us as we could only draw 1-1 but that was enough to go through.

For the Semi Final we'd return to Spain to face A. Madrid who knocked out Cagliari (who dispatched Real Madrid) and Arsenal, in the First Leg again our finishing nearly cost us as we ripped Madrid apart but just couldn't beat Madrid's Keeper who it turned out I sold to them, but thankfully a Zelaia goal yet again was enough to take a 1-0 lead to Madrid. In the Second leg it was the same story as Madrids Keeper kept everything out again until Zelaia finally beat him after 50mins and Italian Winger Tufano added a second to make things safe.

In the Final we would return to Madrid this time to face Portuguese side Sporting and yet again some poor finishing nearly cost us as we tore Sporting apart time and again but just couldn't score apart from an Amundsen header from a corner and a pen from Herbert in the first half but that was enough to reclaim the Champions League for the second time, interestingly both our final wins have come in A. Madrids grounds whilst we lost the finals hosted in Scotland and Greece.

Carling Cup - We easily retained the Carling Cup for a second year in a row beating Arsenal in the Semi-Final before somehow only beating Barnsley 1-0 in a Final that we completely controlled and in the process we set a new record of 12 wins in a row and 12 games without losing.

FA Cup - We made up for last seasons shock exit to League One Sheff Wed by reclaiming the FA Cup for the first time in three years, not that we made things easy needing a replay to beat Championship side Portsmouth and we just about beat Spurs and Man Utd before facing League One Bradford who despite being bottom of League One had managed to make it this half, luckily we turned up and set them backing with a 4-1 win, though losing two of midfielders to injury wasn't in the plan. In the Semi-Final we comfortably beat a poor Liverpool side setting up a Final against a Watford side who'd finished sixth in the League and had beaten us earlier in the season, thankfully we took control in the Final and easily beat them 3-1, though my Captain Dario was unable to lift the cup as he was injured at the end of the game and will be out for 4 months.

Overview - a clean sweep this season as we complete the quadruple, mainly thanks to the form of Striker Ryan Reeves.

Squad - a couple of changes this season as I gave a couple of my youngsters a chance and my squad is looking a lot more English now, whilst nearly everyone chipped in with goals this season.

Turkish Keeper Taha Kodalak had another fine season in goal and was named second best Keeper in Europe, providing cover was another one of my promising English Keepers this time Tim Bonser was given a season to impress.

In Defence Pedro Leite was again in fine form at right back, covering him was English Wonderkid Russell Clarkson who did well but he's not as attacking as Leite, on the left Ricardo Jimenez Garcia was also in good form and even managed to score a goal, covering him was the highly rated Robbie Sloane who put in some fine performances for an 18 year old.

In the Centre of Defence Ian Thomas was in good form and has formed an excellent partnership with Terje Amundsen, the only problem being that Amundsen is fairly injury prone, providing cover where two young defenders who both started the season off as Wonderkids; Englishman Rob Bond did ok but more is expected from him, and is suprisingly a first teamer for England, whereas Mexican Tomas Velazquez did well when called upon.

In Midfield Italian Alessandro Tufano had another fine season on the right wing, covering him was the Brazilian Eduardo who has now been capped by England. On the Left Wing Brazilian and Nantwich Captain Dario returned to form though he is starting to pick up long term injuries which is worrying, covering him was fellow Brazilian Glaucio though he's not best pleased with being second choice.

In the Centre of Midfield Playmaker Ricardo Sousa had his best season yet as he stopped getting himself booked and instead continued to set up goals, partnering him was Jerome Muraccioli who was also in the best form of his life until he demanded a transfer in February and will now be playing in the Championship with Liverpool next season, Sousa was named English Player of the Year with Muraccioli finishing third. In the Second half of the season with Sousa out injured for 2 months and Muraccioli no longer wanting to play for the club we started to struggle, it didn't help that my all three of my covering midfielders got themselves injured as well so I was forced to recall several midfielders from loans.

Providing cover was Kyle Herbert who went straight from being a Wonderkid to a World-Class Midfielder and is now valued at £30m making him the 4th most valued player at just 21, but despite being highly rated his shooting ability is woeful and I don't seem to be able to stop him shooting, but hopefully an extended run in the team as Muraccioli's replacement will help him out, if not Industrious Midfielder Brett Stubbs can step in though he had a poor season last season and at the end of the season lost his place on the bench to the improving Jordan Charles.

Upfront Spanish Striker Inaki Zelaia started the season in excellent form before an injury in November kept him out for 4 months, thankfully he returned in time for the Champions League and his goals in the Knockout stage ensured we reclaimed the Champions League Trophy, so with Zelaia out injured our hopes again rested on Ryan Reeves and boy did he deliver equalling last seasons record of 26 league goals, he even picked up 16 assists and was named Man of the Match a record 16 times, his average rating of 7.87 was also a new record, and at £36m he is officialy the best player on the game, he also came second in World Footballer of the Year, third in World Player of the Year, third in European Footballer of the Year, was named English Footballer of the Year, European Striker of the Year just ahead of Zelaia, Premier League Top Scorer and Nantwich Player of the Year. Providing cover was French Striker Frank Schmidt who was in fantastic form grabbing close to a goal a game before he decided he no longer wanted to play for us and will be playing for Notts County next season, Spanish Striker Antonio Costa did well in the cups, whilst English youngster Danny Giles was given the nod to replace Zelaia and did well grabbing a few assists.

Premier League Player Stats - Reeves was close to his own clean sweep.

Premier League Select - Eight of my players were named including my entire midfield.

World Team - Garica and Reeves make the side, as Kodalak makes the bench.

Best XI - Only real surprise is Velazquez getting the nod ahead of Thomas.

Finances - Player Sales again were the only thing keeping us in profit, it's a good thing the game doesn't have the new financial rules in place as our wages are 92% of our turnover, I really need a bigger ground but it looks like I still have close to 10 years to wait still.

Scouting Knowledge - Taking a more hands on approach allows me to increase our Knowledge to 77%, though my chairmans obession with Work Permit Feeder clubs isn't helping, I wouldn't mind if he found me a Spanish one rather than thinking we need two Bulgarian, Romanian or Beglain Feeder clubs.

So I have a few plans for the future (well until FM11 is out);

- Get 100% Scouting Knowledge: 77%

- Learn as many languages as possible: English, Hungarian

- All Homegrown: 21/25

- All Academy/Feeder Club players: 1/25

- All Academy: 1/25

- All English: 11/25

- World Star from each area: 3/7: Reeves and Herbert (Europe, World), Glaucio (S.America)

Career Overview

Season          League                League Finish     Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11        Blue Square North         1st              Promoted - Champions
2011/12        Blue Square Premier       3rd              Promoted - Play-offs
2012/13        League Two                8th
2013/14        League Two                11th
2014/15        League Two                15th
2015/16        League Two                3rd      Promoted
2016/17        League One                1st              Promoted - Champions
2017/18        Championship              15th
2018/19        Championship              3rd             Promoted - Play-offs
2019/20        Premier League            20th           Relegated
2020/21        Championship              9th
2021/22        Championship              1st             Promoted - Champions
2022/23        Premier League            9th             
2023/24        Premier League            8th             League Cup Winners
2024/25        Premier League            2nd            League Cup & FA Cup Winners
2025/26        Premier League            1st             Champions League Runners-up
2026/27        Premier League            1st             FA Cup Runners-up
2027/28        Premier League            3rd            FA Cup Winners
2028/29        Premier League            1st             Champions & Champions League Winners
*** CHALLENGE COMPLETE ***
2029/30        Premier League            1st             World Club Cup & League Cup Winners, Champions League Runners-up
2030/31        Premier League            1st             LC, FACup & UCL Winners.

----

International - Hungary 2030/31

Euro Champ Qual Group F - I only played three games before resigning after gaining the ability to speak Hungarian, beating Azerbaijan, drawing to NIreland and losing to Germany again.

With no International jobs available I took the England U21 job at the end of the season, though it may be a mistake as the U21 manager has no staff and no way of scouting players, so at the moment I am using my own players, attempts to get a different job aren't going that well as both Brazil and Argentina turned me down.

Team        Season          Competition       League Finish     Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hungary    2029/30        World Cup Qual         3rd 
Hungary    2030/31        Euro Champ Q            -            Resigned

Loaning players saved my bacon, non-domestic players don't count towards the loan limits so at League One and above I pretty much loaned in anyone who was willing on zero wages with no fee.

Before I get too far along (still haven't gotten a team under 1000 reputation), I was wondering about the option:

"you can set the database level to custom to add the players for the top clubs in each continent"

Can someone give me an idea of what that does? Does it add young players to the top clubs? Does it just make top players from other nations available to England?...How exactly does it affect competition? Are there good players for me to pick from? ...?

I didn't choose that option but may want to restart and select it.

Before I get too far along (still haven't gotten a team under 1000 reputation), I was wondering about the option:

"you can set the database level to custom to add the players for the top clubs in each continent"

Can someone give me an idea of what that does? Does it add young players to the top clubs? Does it just make top players from other nations available to England?...How exactly does it affect competition? Are there good players for me to pick from? ...?

I didn't choose that option but may want to restart and select it.

If you choose to load players for the top clubs the game will load every player at those clubs into the game, if you don't most of the non-english teams will be empty, unless you start selecting a larger database size.

The biggest difference it makes is with Scotland - if you retain players from the top clubs the various youngsters at Rangers and Celtic get loaded into the game and released at the start of the second season, and quite a few are willing to sign for the challenge sides for some reason, if you don't Rangers and Celtics squads are rather empty.

and quite a few are willing to sign for the challenge sides for some reason, if you don't Rangers and Celtics squads are rather empty.

OK, thanks Michael. Sounds like it's more of a challenge without that option. I think I'm ready to start then. I've given up on trying to find a team with reputation under 1000 (after 50 tries didn't get one). So I'll go with one that has a reputation of 1000.

Just in case anyone is interested, Here are the number of times the following teams were promoted to Blue Square North/South during my 50 restarts. This was with the 10.3 patch. I was unsuccessful in getting a team with reputation less than 1000.

47 Nuneaton

33 Dartford

31 Farnborough

27 Boston Utd

24 Sutton Utd

20 Truro

19 Merthyr

15 Cambridge C

15 Wealdstone

11 Hednesford

11 Maidstone

9 Tiverton

8 Bradford PA

6 Boreham Wood

5 Bedford

4 Guiseley

3 Ashford (Middx)

3 Tonbridge

2 Kingstonian

2 Retford

2 Tooting & Mitcham

1 Canvey Island

1 Oxford City

Stocksbridge BSP 2040/41

Table

Position

FA Cup - 1st Rd

FA Trophy - Winners

Started this season on fire scoring 22 times in the first 4 games. I soon hit top spot and stayed there for the rest of the season. Alex was injured for 4 months from sep but it seemed to make no real difference, in fact it was only when he returned after xmas that the team faltered slighty but was able to still finish comfortably top in spite of only getting 5 points from the last 5 games. I missed the BSP record for most points but got the record for most goals scored.

In the FA cup i was thrashed 3-0 by L1 Preston. The FA trophy however was comfortable up till the semi final, i won the first leg 4-0 away against Ossett Town only to find my team 3-0 down at home by 50 mins, a late goal put me into the final which was also fairly comfortably won.

Transfers

Sold a few first teamers at the start of the season to balance the books and only brought in a few frees. Signed some french u21 and u19 near the end of the season in preparation for next year, they included Delage who looks fantastic.

Squad

Signed enough players to have good cover for most positions and it showed with the generally high ratings, the defence could have been better as could the keepers.

Midfield was very strong with Emilio again excellent.

Up front Mkinze chipped in with a few important goals, but it was mostly up to Alex and Pulis who did great when Alex was injured.

Christman was signed at the end of last year but failed to impress although had a lot of injuries and sat on the bench a lot as pulis was so good.

Star player - missed 4 months but still incredible, could have had 50 -60 goals in the season otherwise. Didn't make the BSP player of the year shortlist in spite of setting a new record high average rating for the BSP and equalling the BSP high goal scorer :rolleyes:

Career so far:

Merthyr:

Season    League                       Position     Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2010/11   Blue Square South             3rd         Promoted via playoffs
2011/12   Blue Square Premier           9th         None
2012/13   Blue Square Premier           2nd         Promoted via playoffs
2013/14   League 2                      15th        None  
2014/15   League 2                      13th        JPT Winners
2015/16   League 2                      5th         Promoted via playoffs
2016/17   League 1                      13th        None
2017/18   League 1                      14th        None
2018/19   League 1                      12th        None
2019/20   League 1                      15th        None
2020/21   League 1                      14th        None
2021/22   League 1                      1st         JPT Winners,Champions
2022/23   Championship                  16th        None
2023/24   Championship                  8th         None
2024/25   Championship                  10th        None
2025/26   Championship                  6th         Playoff semi-finalists
2026/27   Championship                  6th         Promoted via Playoffs
2027/28   Premiership                   15th        None
2028/29   Premiership                   14th        FA Cup Winners
2029/30   Premiership                   12th        None
2030/31   Premiership                   4th         None
2031/32   Premiership                   1st         Premiership Winners
2032/33   Premiership                   10th        CL Winners

----------------------------Challenge Complete--------------------------------------------

2033/34   Premiership                   5th         FA Cup Winners
2034/35   Premiership                   1st         Premiership Winners, Euro Cup Winners
2035/36   Premiership                   2nd         League Cup Winners
2036/37   Premiership                   2nd         FA Cup Winners
2037/38   Premiership                   1st         Premiership Winners, FA Cup Winners

Stocksbridge:

Season    League                     Position      Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2038/39  Blue Square North             2nd         Playoff Semi-finalists
2039/40  Blue Square North             1st         Champions, FA Trophy Winners
2040/41  Blue Square Premier           1st         Champions, FA Trophy Winners

ARGH, frustration! After a 7-0 win to kick off the season and a decent run through October and November, all my key players have decided to get injured. Even the midfielder I signed as a replacement for my cruciate ligament midfielder went and broke his ribs!

Looks like my Merthyr team are going to spend another season in Blue Square South at this rate...

Update: After 15 games Carshalton Athletic are in the playoff positions in the BSS. A few new signings have came good so far and towards the end of August we pulled off the coup of the window by signing recently released Arsenal striker Sanchez Watt to play up front alongside loanee Luke Freeman and other new signing Loick Pires. A few other players have been signed including Kamil Tefvik on a season-long loan from Millwall to bolster up our rather young midfield.

The first few games of the season were frustrating, with early goals being turned into defeats, a fitness coach and scout were hired and it very much helped. We have still had a mixed year so far with our biggest defeats coming against Weymouth and Dartford, who are hovering around the relegation places but can put 5 and 6 past us respectively. Having said that Grays Athletic were smashed 6-1 away as we marched up from 17th to 6th in one week.

Will post an end of season update as soon as I can...

Tooting & Mitcham United FC - Barclays Premier League - 2061/62

Last season we made history by beating Arsenal's 49 game unbeaten streak, but then blew it by losing the Champions League final. This season we needed to win it back.

League Table

League Positions Graph

We pretty much led from start to finish but it was a step backwards compared to last season.

Community Shield - a solid performance to kick off the season.

Carling Cup - an easy run with an easy final.

FA Cup - another easy run of games finished off with a second cup win.

UEFA Champions League - we struggled a bit in the group stage but came on strong in the knockout rounds. We dominated the final.

Squad - the attacking quality in this squad is immense.

Transfers - it was a bit of a clear out as we looked to make a profit without losing too much quality in the squad.

Key Player Profiles:

Mitchell Jansen - a bargain at £15m, he's taken on the role of AMC really well.

Axier - a World Class striker who was picked up for the pittance of the compensation given for a youth player.

Erwin Michaux - I didn't need him but I couldn't resist signing him for £20m.

Lucas Lencina - the reason I cashed in on Santos.

Sebastiano Costacurta - the third player to score more than 20 goals this season.

Career Overview

Season    League                   Position    Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11   Blue Square South        5th         Promoted via playoffs
2011/12   Blue Square Premier      8th
2012/13   Blue Square Premier      2nd         Promoted via playoffs, FA Trophy finalists
2013/14   Coca-Cola League 2       6th         Lost in playoff final
2014/15   Coca-Cola League 2       1st         Promoted as champions
2015/16   Coca-Cola League 1       4th         Promoted via playoffs, JPT finalists
2016/17   Coca-Cola Championship   9th
2017/18   Coca-Cola Championship   6th         Lost in playoff semi
2018/19   Coca-Cola Championship   4th         Promoted via playoffs
2019/20   Barclays Premier League  16th        
2020/21   Barclays Premier League  11th
2021/22   Barclays Premier League  3rd         FA Cup finalists
2022/23   Barclays Premier League  7th         Carling Cup finalists, FA Cup winners
2023/24   Barclays Premier League  3rd
2024/25   Barclays Premier League  5th         Champions League finalists
2025/26   Barclays Premier League  3rd         Carling Cup finalists
2026/27   Barclays Premier League  2nd
2027/28   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League and Champions League winners
2028/29   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL, CL and CWC winners, Carling Cup finalists
2029/30   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL, CL, CWC, FA Cup and Carling Cup winners
2030/31   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL, CL, CWC, and Carling Cup winners
2031/32   Barclays Premier League  3rd         Club World Cup winners
2032/33   Barclays Premier League  2nd         FA and Carling Cup winners
2033/34   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL, CL and Carling Cup winners
2034/35   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL, CWC FA and Carling Cup winners
2035/36   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL, CL, FA Cup and Carling Cup winners
2036/37   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League and Club World Cup winners
2037/38   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League and Champions League winners
2038/39   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League and Club World Cup winners
2039/40   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League winners and FA Cup finalists
2040/41   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League and Carling Cup winners, Champions league finalists
2041/42   Barclays Premier League  3rd         FA Cup and Champions League winners
2042/43   Barclays Premier League  5th         Club World Cup winners
2043/44   Barclays Premier League  2nd         Carling Cup and Europa League winners
2044/45   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League winners and Carling Cup finalists
2045/46   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League and FA Cup winners, Champions League finalists
2046/47   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League winners and FA Cup finalists
2047/48   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League and Champions League winners
2048/49   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL, CL, CWC, and FA Cup winners
2049/50   Barclays Premier League  2nd         Club World Cup winners
2050/51   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League winners, FA Cup and CL finalists
2051/52   Barclays Premier League  4th    
2052/53   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League winners, FA Cup finalists
2053/54   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League winners
2054/55   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League and Champions League winners
2055/56   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL, CWC, and FA Cup winners, CL finalists
2056/57   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League winners
2057/58   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL, CL, FA Cup and Carling Cup winners
2058/59   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL, CWC, and CL winners, FA Cup finalists
2059/60   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League, CWC, and CL winners
2060/61   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL, CWC, and FA Cup winners, Carling Cup and CL finalists
2061/62   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL, CL, FA Cup and Carling Cup winners

Next Season

Toni Crnjak, a player I have been trying to sign for around five years is set to join on a Bosman. At the very least he will make us a huge profit if he doesn't live up to expectations.

Exactly 20 years after Dafuge Arena was built, it is going to be knocked down, to build... Dafuge Park \o/

Firstly, sorry for the lack of screenshots this season - having trouble uploading them with photobucket atm.

Kingstonian Season Review season 2 2011/12

Media Prediction - 24th

Final Posistion - 1st

After Winning the play offs last season, my plan was to stay up and look for promotion whithin a season or two. Brought in a few players over the summer, most noteably ex-premership youngstersChris Oldfield (GK) from Liverpool Oliver Gill (CB) from Man Utd, Matt Fry (CB/LB) from West Ham, Emanual Mendy (RB) from Liverpool, Anton Pertalin (CM) from Everton, Jacob Walcott (AMLC/ST) from Reading, Jordy Brouwer (ST) from Liverpool along with Charles Ademeno (AMR/L ST) from Crawly in the BSS all on free transfers to bosst my team.

After a solid start we were around 6th spot at the end of Sept and picking up enough points to make me feel we would be well safe from relegation and may even end up top half, an unbeatn Oct lead to me to win MOM, Ademeno to win POM and Toshney to win YPOM and the team was2nd but 7 points behind Rushden who had been on fire, we then lost Jabuti, who had scored 12 in 14, for 3 months with a broken foot, so we went out and brought Daryel Duffy in as cover on a free. We managed to keep pace with Rushden matching them win for win but unabke to close the gap as we enterd December.We then lost Walcott for 6 months with a broken leg. Rushden then dropped a few points and we closed the gap to 4 points by the new year and had set a club record 14 games unbeaten.

As Rushden continued to drop the odd point here and there we continued to pick up wins despite a shock defet to Woking to end our run, we managed to draw level with Rushden and went top for the first time when we beat Eastbourne while Rushden lost to bootom placed Tamworth. The pressure seemedtoget to us as we lost the next game to allow Rushden to draw level and go top on GD, we matched each other point for point for 3 or 4 games unril Rushden blinked and we went top again and never looked back, rolling off 7 straight wins while Rushden dropped points all over the place, with 5games to go Rushed drew with 3rd place Oxford while we beat Grays to secure the tittle!

We ended with a BSP record of 88 goals and 103 points and ended up winning the tittle by 13 points.

Made the 2nd round of the FA Cup where we lost to Shrewbury and got to the 1/4 finals of the FA Trophey

Archived