Miles Jacobson

The Football Manager Podcast season 3

134 posts in this topic

The first episode of the new season of the Football Manager podcast has just gone live on iTunes. You can find it in the sports section and it's completely free.

It features Andrew Dickens (Shortlist), Ashleigh Rose (Kick) and, err, me, talking about football, management, Football Manager 2010, a competition to win a copy of FM10 (or FMH10), "feature roulette" and, as always, some banter.

The podcast this season will be every 2 weeks.

All I get on my itunes store are the 2009 and 2008 podcasts can't seem to find the new one yet.

If you can't see it listed, subscribe to it, then go to your "podcast" section of your itunes library (on the left hand menu), right click on "the football manager" podcast, and click on "update podcast".

Miles was you honestly drunk when you made this?

I was sober when it started, but not when it finished. Why do you ask?

Return of the podcasts, nice :) Just downloaded and synced it now for listening when I#m out in the morning.

I was sober when it started, but not when it finished. Why do you ask?

It's a bit of a drunken ramble, but is good fun, so if you get a bit of time, please download it!

Doesn't sound too bad so far so no worries:cool:

Really enjoyed the podcast tonight.

Feature wise the change to searching sound interesting, looking forward to seeing them on screen. The improvements to goal less games is a nice little feature.

The banter was great... "hello the internet," getting the mention of Barcelona in with an accent, "that's not a podcast word" for a couple of swear words, how do you solve a problem like Adebayor, "this is such great radio," "that sounds like pingu" and "the managers most likely to" were all great. Had me smiling and giggling along at parts.

Miles: you need a new laptop for the podcast!

It's always good to learn new things. I didn't know you couldn't release the game in Germany.

Have to agree with your guests comments concerning the upcoming Premier League squad rules.. very much "irrelevant."

Really enjoyed the podcast tonight.

Feature wise the change to searching sound interesting, looking forward to seeing them on screen. The improvements to goal less games is a nice little feature.

The banter was great... "hello the internet," getting the mention of Barcelona in with an accent, "that's not a podcast word" for a couple of swear words, how do you solve a problem like Adebayor, "this is such great radio," "that sounds like pingu" and "the managers most likely to" were all great. Had me smiling and giggling along at parts.

Miles: you need a new laptop for the podcast!

It's always good to learn new things. I didn't know you couldn't release the game in Germany.

Have to agree with your guests comments concerning the upcoming Premier League squad rules.. very much "irrelevant."

I'm glad you enjoyed it.

I'll have a lot less software open on the laptop for "Feature Roulette" next time, so it'll be a lot quicker...

Ashleigh and Andrew are both great. Hopefully they'll be on again soon.

Youtube wouldn't really work too well as it isn't video

It would take all of 10 minutes to get a podcast onto youtube.

Add the podcast to a blank image in windows movie maker.

Format it.

Upload to youtube.

Simple as that.

i'm italian, and it's difficult to understand everything...which new features were announced on podcast? thanks... ;)

Out here in Cambodia our internet connections are too slow and unreliable for podcats, youtube etc. I'd really appreciate if someone summarised the new points about features for FM10 and posted them here or in any thread.

no mention of Notts County?!? BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! apart from predicting Mcparland to melt down and fall out with people

good listen tho apart from this :)

shame you can't listen to it from there at the moment apparently...cause it doesn't load, or only does so too slowly :( server overload?

It would take all of 10 minutes to get a podcast onto youtube.

Add the podcast to a blank image in windows movie maker.

Format it.

Upload to youtube.

Simple as that.

I didn't mean it couldn't be done, more that its not the best option. Youtube is primarily designed for video based content.

A dedicated audio podcast/blog site would be more appropriate.

Miles, just listened and I didn't know you were a Watford fan! Quite similar to me - mainly a fan of Watford but also follow Arsenal:)

Miles, just listened and I didn't know you were a Watford fan! Quite similar to me - mainly a fan of Watford but also follow Arsenal:)

I thought he supported QPR :confused:

Yeah, same - but about 5 minutes in it says he supports Watford. Unless that wasn't him, but I'm pretty sure it was.

I think I thought QPR because iirc they were located at Loftus Road when they made some videos before.

Regarding having users choosing features to reveal, you don't have to give away the number range if you just took feature # x, where x = [user_number] mod [number_of_features].

Pity it's iTunes...

I only have iTunes on the laptop but no net,

and my pc has net but no iTunes.

Lucky they sit side by side then.

I will edit with my feedback

Still no podcast? Wanted to listen to it on the way to work, not up. Wanted to listen to it when i got back from work, not up. Wanted to listen to it to cheer me up after watching United lose, still not up. Whats going on here Miles? Don't punish the fans just cos' Watford got thumped again.

United didn't lose, they drew 2-2...?

Personally, I'd rather they worked on making the game a priority over making the podcast, axiz & Brookie, but that's just me :/

Personally, I'd rather they worked on making the game a priority over making the podcast, axiz & Brookie, but that's just me :/

For me it's just like they lost...

But they have already made the podcast. I'm sure Miles has said it has been recorded and was due to be put on iTunes on Friday night but theres still no sign of it. So it's not a case of concentrating on making the game, more making what has already been recorded available, otherwise why bother recording it.