The Football Manager Podcast season 3

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hi

i have tried to find a reply to my facebook and twitter posts to your sigames sites on there so your technical ppl can get a patch out to fix the problem.

i am not being a pest but can u can have look

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=3508827&id=649101366#/photo.php?pid=3508828&id=649101366&fbid=193705586366

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=3508827&id=649101366#/photo.php?pid=3508829&id=649101366&fbid=193705591366

happy new year and merry xmas

thanks

and always keep smiling :D

salman

Those links don't work.

Anyway, the next patch should be out just before christmas. If you feel there is a problem with the game, have a look in the bnugs forum to see whether it has been reported already. If not then report it in there. If it has, then fingers crossed it will be fixed in the upcoming patch.

• SI Staff

The new edition of the podcast is available now at http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewPodcast?i=79029445&id=266108646

Featuring Matt Lawless (Daily Mail), Oli Reed (Match) & Millie (from these very forums and FM-Britain), we look at all the big football topics of the moment, as well as 2 competitions to win Football Manager 2010 and some FM merchandise, and "ask Miles", where this week the questions come from the FM-Britain community.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
The new edition of the podcast is available now at http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewPodcast?i=79029445&id=266108646

Featuring Matt Lawless (Daily Mail), Oli Reed (Match) & Millie (from these very forums and FM-Britain), we look at all the big football topics of the moment, as well as 2 competitions to win Football Manager 2010 and some FM merchandise, and "ask Miles", where this week the questions come from the FM-Britain community.

Could it be possible in future get these available also as rss feed podcast? I personally don't like itunes behavior and it would be more user friendly if these would be also available as a rss feed.

I would like to know too things.

Why the quality sound of the podcast is so horrible?

Last time I check this was about FM and not Footie. The irony is that this podcast is called The Football Manager Podcast and it is 90% about football and the rest 10% about the actual game.

It'd be great if it was bareable, I downloaded it well delighted to hear it and it's utter crap. I can hear more of what goes on in the background than I can in the room, some quality information gets bandied about and I can't understand most of it.

I thought that I'd get to hear discussion on tactics and what not and in the last one I was able to listen to someone was munching on crisps.

Can you guys PLEASE get a boom mic or headset mics or something, even record it with a Minidisc mic, anything at all that's not going to sound like a £1 mic from ASDA.

If you're not going to take the podcast seriously to at least invest £50 in some equipment then stop sending it out.

God Ricky Gervais recorded his in his living room and it sounded great.

• 2 weeks later...
  • SI Staff

The new podcast is now live at iTunes for those interested - with me, Marc Duffy, Ashleigh Rose (Kick magazine) and James Goldman (Talent Nation) talking about the Champions League, Englands world cup squad and all the new changes coming to Football Manager Live.

TBH pretty much ALL of the FM Podcasts that are available hardly talk about FM, would be nice to hear bout tactics or PPM's or even unknown players that are good

Agree, the current podcast makes no sense in it's current format. There are so many weekly football podcasts that a monthly one is almost completely redundant. No offence to the journos they get on but I have no idea who they are and so have next to interest in their opinions about stories which have usually been done to death.

They are completely missing their USP which is that they could provide an insight in to the game. As such I was a little taken aback when Miles said there was nothing FM related to talk about!! I wouldn't suggest any full on tipping but just giving insights in to how the different modules of the game work would be both interesting and informative in equal measure. Thus could dispel some of the randomness myths on here. Or get users on talking about their career games or things that are being discussed on the forums. A quick glance of the forums shows what their target audience are talking about and so what they want to hear about so baffled that they don't seem to use this info.

This is the first month that I haven't finished the podcast - still trawling through the FML advert - and in honesty not sure if I'll bother again.

I agree drmanley, so many football podcasts so do we really need yet another one.....I would say no.

There is potentiol there to make the podcast massive if they can give some tips and cheats on the game, if they just want to talk bout football then why not just change the name because when I first started listening I started because I assumed there would be FM talk and now I only listen because im hoping something will be said although this week I did like the FML talk and based on that alone I am thinking of getting the new one

I agree drmanley, so many football podcasts so do we really need yet another one.....I would say no.

There is potentiol there to make the podcast massive if they can give some tips and cheats on the game, if they just want to talk bout football then why not just change the name because when I first started listening I started because I assumed there would be FM talk and now I only listen because im hoping something will be said although this week I did like the FML talk and based on that alone I am thinking of getting the new one

I wouldn't suggest they mention cheats as a lot of people wouldn't want to know them (me included) but giving an indication of how much of an impact certain aspects of the game have (team talks, press conferences etc) would certainly help people identify how much time they should spend mastering those aspects. Giving some idea of the thought process behind some of the features will help people make their own decisions.

Am I the only one that have the sensation that Miles doesn't care what people say in this thread?

I have the sensation he just puts here that new podcast is out and continue to make such horrible qulity sound podcast. Seriously there is amateurs podcasts with much better quality.

I mean Fear the Boot podcast is done in someone's basement.

I find hard to believe that in many rooms where SI is located there isn't one that is ready to do good sound quality podcast.

I refuse to hear another podcast with sound quality is this bad.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived