All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Despite penalty shootouts being decided mostly by luck, there's always something that we do have control of. I like your way of thinking!
  3. In FM graphics folder each .png has the club name. Example Rostocker FC.png in the config.xml <record from="Rostocker FC" to="graphics/pictures/club/879663/logo"/> Why can't FMXML or other app open an .fmf or .xml? And then search for the Club name and the associated ID in this database? The advantages. save a huge amount of time. To search for ID and enter the ID for .png's Searching for Club name in the Graphics folder no searching for wrong ID's Searching with Competition name Person Name Kit Club name Disadvantages Is there an ID with incorrect ID's in it, if the FM dosen't find a suitable png Searching for the wrong ID in the folder becomes a problem. Open FM or FM pre Game Editor Conclusion the Advantages outweigh
  4. DEC 2042 - Match Day 14 - Vs Fulham A lesson in not taking chances and finishing the opponent off as we fall asleep at the wheel in this one. Comfortable with a two goal lead, which should have been a lot more, we let them back in with two late goals to give up a share of the points. We stay 10th, as there were a few upsets in the top half of the table. Up Next Another tough one as we host 3rd Place Arsenal.
  5. Took this advice into the community shield, finally won my first shootout. Thanks man!
  6. Have you unclicked the page caching option and reloaded the skin?
  7. October and November have been 2 very contrasting months. We managed consecutive 1-0 wins against Stockport in the league and Plymouth away in the Bristol Street Motors Trophy with goals coming from Barry and Willock respectively to begin October, followed by another win, this time 2-1 away at Blackpool thanks to a brace from Barry who's in good form. Barry scored again in the 1-1 draw with Carlisle before we comfortably dispatched of Mansfield at The Valley 4-2. Hall, Edmonds-Green, Kanu and Holmes with the goals that day. We then drew 1-1 with Wycombe, our goal coming from Ndiweni. We then lost at Stamford Bridge to Chelsea in the 4th round of the Carabao Cup before beating Bristol Rovers 4-3 in the 1st round of the FA Cup to end October, goals from Barry, Jones, Stevanovic and Willock. Then came the poor run of form which coincided with the start of November with a defeat at home to Huddersfield, losing 3-2. Ndiweni and Barry scored for us. We then welcomed Wrexham and were 3-1 up thanks to goals from Ndiweni, Twine and Stevanovic but were pegged back late on to only pick up a point. We won our only match of the month in the Bristol Street Motors Trophy against West Brom's Under 21 side, beating them 2-1 thanks to goals from Kanu and Willock. Consecutive 1-0 defeats came on the road at Barnsley and the MK Dons before another defeat, this time at Plymouth, losing 3-1 with Kanu scoring our consolation. We were also knocked out of the FA Cup in the 2nd round by Preson at Deepdale. A poor November has seen us drop to 5th in the league on 34 points from 20 matches. Every team goes through a rough patch of form and I'm hoping that was ours and things start to pick up again soon. We take on QPR in the Bristol Street Motors Trophy South section 2nd round early in December which is a competition I'd like to do well in as we could do with a distraction from our poor league form at the moment. Both Hull City and Ipswich Town approached me for interviews, which I of course attended, however both clubs overlooked me for the position of first team manager on this occasion. Moving onto French duty, October saw us welcome Switzerland to the Stade de France in a match we won 3-1 thanks to goals from Mbappe, Coman and Badiashile. We were then defeated in Brussells against Belgium, losing 2-0. November began in Paris again with a 3-1 win over Bosnia, Nkunku, Dembele and Mbappe with the goals, with Kylian becoming France's all time top goal scorer with his penalty, scoring his 59th goal for France, now 1 clear of Olivier Giroud on 58. We ended the Nations League group campaign with a dead rubber against Switzerland, beating them 2-1 in Geneva thanks to goals from Thuram and Kolo-Muani. These results meant we finished top of the group, therefore qualified for the Nations League semi finals where we will take on Portugal in the summer. The other semi final sees England take on Italy. Our Euro 2028 qualifying group has also been drawn and we'll be taking on Armenia, Greece, Luxembourg and Norway, the latter of which will see Kylian Mbappe take on Erling Haaland which will be exciting ties. We shouldn't have any issues getting out of the group, anything less than winning it would be seen as a disappointment in my eyes.
  8. I consider it essential for almost every midflied role (bar playmaking ones). And BWM would be THE one that really needs it.
  9. Depends, I still have to figure out how the editor works. I was able to update the file so that it can be used after the update, but that didn't really involve any major changes. What would you like to have changed? Not sure if I'm able to do it, but I can at least take a look at it.
  10. Best 4231 tactic for Bayer Leverkusen save? Sorry if this is a stupid question but there are a lot of 4231 variants so not sure which one to choose
  11. So was I, but the chance to manage top players, and a very decent wage increase too was too much to pass up Yeah I agree with this, hopefully the new-look FM25 will look to address this issue, however I do fear they have bigger fish to fry with a new match engine.
  12. Today
  13. Working now with advanced rules, with help Ammer, and I agree with you. One tiny thing and the rules break. Still, yet to understand the mechanics behind it.
  14. Sorry, as this is the official forum run by the developer, we can't assist on anything regarding circumventing the licenses like names or pictures. For that you have to ask google. As for other types of files you can add, there are the steam workshops that allows leagues that are not in the game by default, but you only need to add if you feel something is missing or you have a favourite team in a league that is not available. There is also a sub forum here on these forums where people upload various things they've changed, but it depends on what you are looking for.
  15. Unfortunately, the points deductions for Everton forest, Reading, Wigan etc are not showing up for me to remove. Thanks for your help. I will just keep them as they are. Many thanks and keep up the great work.
  16. I wonder where I should download MacAssistant RT
  17. We have adequate depth in goal, but Donnarumma is World Class and I would have liked him to play every match this season, but after this injury, he's going to miss our 3rd game with Navas coming in to the starting XI.
  18. I have had good luck with it in previous versions of the game but I have practically never used 3-man defenses before, so it takes time to get this working. What makes it even more difficult is the fact that even with comprehensice highlights our games are rather boring and lack highlights, so it is hard to pick obvious glaring errors in the system. Well, at least the defense is working like a charm at the moment. Also as I am rarely using any opposition instructions, this is a real low-block tactic instead of putting maximum closing down through OI's which I have seem some people do when they claim that they're playing defensive low block. The ME has received a lot if criticism but I actually find it really good in terms of using totally different kinds of systems.
  19. That is a shame. You deleted your Fiorentina topic? @SteinkelssonFM
  20. A couple of players who featured in our opening match against Lorient departed soon after (Neymar & Diallo). Dembele has joined to try to fill the gap left by Neymar. But where I think we will struggle the most this season is at full back. I've taken Kurzawa off of the transfer list as these are our left-sided defenders after Diallo's departure. Mendes is out for 6 months & Bernat will leave before he's over his injury. When Beraldo joins in the new year, I'll be training him to play as a LWB, but for now our 3rd choice is Mavounia-Kouka. As for the right-side of defence, we have a similar problem with a lack of depth, although I believe that Marquinhos or Pereira could do a job for us at RWB if needed. Hopefully we can avoid too many defensive injuries until January when I can bring in some more adequate cover.
  21. A save file would be too large to attach it directly here. It would need to be uploaded on a different platform I think.
  22. Y is for Youth A is for A rated (elite) talent 63 is for the year of intake 1 is for the best player, I name the best three players 1-3 w is for the worst
  23. Nov 9th 2030 Fortuna Düsseldorf 1895 (6th) vs. TSV 1860 München (2nd) (Bundesliga, 11/34) Ten games in and Fortuna's start of the season hasn't got any less remarkable yet. Sitting sixth on the table right after promoting and currently holding the third best goal difference in the whole league with +13, they're one of the most dangerous teams in the Bundesliga as of now. Their form seems to be taking a bit of a dip lately, though, so it might be the right moment to face them. * * * DÜSSELDORF (4-4-2): Aleksa Todorovic (GK); Florian Kaiser (DR), Christoph Klarer (DCr), Mark Harrington (DCl), Yacine Chaib (DL); Tim Pohl (MR), Ilay Elmkies (MCr), Ignacio Tapia (MCl), Marcos Paulo (ML); Björn Marinov (STr), Leon Annicchero (STl) 1860 MÜNCHEN (4-1-3-2): Tom Kretzschmar (GK); Lukas Hauptmann (DR), Ernesto (DCr), Mateja Stjepanovic (DCl), Mahamadou Touré (DL); Thiago (DM); Juan David Palomeque (MCr), Jair Rodríguez (MC), Aymeric Meunier (MCl); Jonatan Basualdo (STr), Julian Rijkhoff (STl) * * * Two key players like Javorcic and Miranda need a rest today, which means starts for young Hauptmann and disgruntled Thiago. Fortuna start one very familiar face in Marcos Paulo, who's having a remarkable season with seven goals and seven assists to his name already, and it's he himself who gives us our first scare of the evening with a high header in a corner kick only two minutes into the match. Another one falls to Marcos Paulo in the 11th minute, and this time he runs into the box and blasts it over, but the start of the game is otherwise not too eventful, with the home team controlling the flow for now. Soon enough Harrington makes Kretzschmar work with a dangerous header in a set piece, then Harrington himself heads the resulting corner kick narrowly over. Little by little this is starting to look a lot like our game in Nice three days ago... Come the 17th we finally test Todorovic with a 25-yard direct free kick by Rodríguez that the keeper tips wide with a good-looking flight. The Mexican takes the corner kick and aims it perfectl towards Ernesto's head, but the keeper blocks the header and the ball ends up rolling all over the upside of the net. Ernesto's second try also goes over, although this time without Todorovic's intervention. After both teams have had their turn, no one seems to want to create any more chances for a good while. It isn't until another corner kick in the 29th minute that things get rolling again, with Thiago crossing and Stjepanovic nodding it so the ball bounces on top of the crossbar and over. Six minutes later, though, our defense seems to fall asleep for an instant, thus allowing Marcos Paulo an easy cross from the right side of the box and Marinov an even easier tap-in for the 1-0. Neither team shows up in attack after that, and the result holds until the break. HALF TIME - 1-0 The second half starts with more corner kicks, this time for Fortuna and once again headed over by Harrington. We respond through the center, as usual, with Palomeque passing forward to Rodríguez and the Mexican placing his shot well, but meeting Todorovic's block. Another great chance created by Palomeque follows, this time with the ball falling to an unmarked Rijkhoff inside the box, but once again the keeper is there to deflect it wide. But we still need more, and Miranda and Özcan come into the game to provide it, replacing Meunier and Rijkhoff. A knock to Hauptmann brings Javorcic into the game in his place, thus exhausting our options off the bench. And things don't get any better: a cross from the left reaches Pohl near the edge of the box, and the winger just nods it forward unopposed towards Marinov, who also has all the time and space in the world to turn around and score the 2-0 while the defense watches. We don't have any options other than going full tilt now, and in the 71st we pass the ball all around the box before it reaches Javorcic in the center twenty yards away from the target, and the full back surprises with a screamer that Todorovic can't even see coming: 2-1 and still alive. We pour forward now, while Fortuna seem to reel from the hit despite still having the advantage. We don't get anything out of these few minutes of uncertainty, though, and soon the home team recover and hit us back with a fantastic cross by Elmkies from the right wing towards, who else, Marcos Paulo, who heads it downwards with power to make it impossible to stop for Kretzschmar. We keep trying, and Miranda gets a volley blocked by Todorovic in a deep set piece taken by Rodríguez come the 79th minute. Two minutes later a double chance appears when a shot by Miranda is blocked by the defense and the deflection falls to Palomeque, who can only smash it into the post from a very tight angle. A high ball from distance by Annicchero keeps our defense on their toes, then Basualdo tries luck but also finds Todorovic on the way of his finish, already in injury time. The keeper also deals with a good chance for Özcan one minute later, but can't do anything to stop Özcan himself from blasting it in after a great low cross from the right by Palomeque. By now we're way past the injury time given by the referee, though, and there's no time for last-second shenanigans. * * * Fortuna Düsseldorf 1895 3 (Björn Marinov 35 67, Marcos Paulo 78) TSV 1860 München 2 (Tomislav Javorcic 71, Vedat Özcan 90+5) - - - Bad game, bad result. Very reminiscent of the Nice game, particularly in the first half, with the difference being that we didn't fix our issues come the second this time. Most of the blame goes to the defense today, Stjepanovic in particular was horrid on the mark and allowed Marinov way too much space to score in both of his goals. We still could've got something out of this game if Todorovic had been a bit less excellent, but alas. We probably didn't deserve anything better anyways. Leipzig retake the second place from us, finally breaking out of their funk with a 6-1 win over Augsburg just before facing us in two weeks.
  24. I tend to play a 4-1-2-2-1 and train my players to suit the formation. The full backs tend to push on, and one CB is a ball playing one. I play a screening midfielder whose job is to protect the defence, then the two CMs tend to be a deep lying playmaker and more advanced midfielder respectively. Two wide midfielders are either wingers or advanced playmakers depending on their strengths, and the striker role really depends on who you have. I prefer an advanced forward role if you have a good all rounder. It's been a while since I've managed the starting players but as the starting posts suggest, you can be versatile with who you have. Regarding youth development I tend to keep young players at Lezama until they're 19 or so and would then loan them out to a higher level than your B team, so usually the second tiers in Spain, France or England. This has kicked on their development for me. I bring them back once they're pushing for a starting place even if that's when they're 23-24. Regular game time is better than warming the bench.
  1. Load more activity