All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. I hope you are recovering well. A very pleasant way to pass the time until you are recovered though. Congratulations on your continued success. I enjoyed seeing the legends.
  3. Could you potentially do a tycoon for deportivo la coruña? That could be really fun!
  4. I have now completed the 2029-30 season and what a season it was. We have been second before but this year we were in our first title race. We won both cups and progressed to the Champions League final so it has to be described as a success. The league was decided on the final day of the season and we beat Alaves to maintain our unbeaten season in the league. We needed that to hold Real at bay as we both got over 100 points. What a battle to secure our first league title. The B team also had a good season finish fourth but most importantly the younger players got some good experience and reasonable average ratings to maximise their development. We lost to PSG in the Champions League final without really getting into the game but we were never expecting to win that trophy and getting to the final was an achievement enough. This is our team of the year. Interestingly no place for Nico Williams. He got in a bit of a huff regarding a move (or lack of) and was moved out to left-wing for most of the season where he was largely a disappointment. Other than that there was a little variation but these were largely my preferred 11. Now the planning to retain the tile. Having made my first purchases I am going to look to see if there are any additional options t bolster the squad. At the very end when the games were coming thick and fast we were struggling with squad depth. We have a transfer budget of £412 million though we may need to move some across to wage budget if we are going to make any signings. It may be time to loosen the purse strings.
  5. Somehow, just somehow, we are doing well! How, I do not know. But with another disappointing transfer window, can we keep the form up and win things?
  6. I save manually on the 1st of each month. I saved on 1st Jan 2055 as normal, and then did the update on 1st Feb 2055. Usually I save 1st and then do the update but on this occasion I did the update, (which is actually done as the month progresses in a different tab), and then before I press continue I make sure I save if I haven't saved already. I had posted the Jan update but not yet progressed away from Feb 1st so hadn't saved yet. You might wonder why I don't just set it to save manually on the 1st of each month and I don't have a reasonable answer for you. I guess it's just a control thing. I just don't like doing it.
  7. You will probably get a few more when you get injuries iirc
  8. Early on when certain players are known due to the Database its going to be that way, its when we get to the 15 year mark and its scouting the best regens it starts to get interesting. Our Harrogate/Salford save from a few years back is a good example.
  9. I don't think this one was FM related. I know it caused FM to crash, but I think it was caused by me watching a live football stream in full window mode while FM rund in the background. (Casting from my laptop while FM is running also causes a crash). Fingers crossed we won't see continued issues.
  10. As already mentioned by @Cloud9 a PF(A). Finishing is not that important bit for your player I‘d check on Aggression, workrate and bravery too
  11. The Playoffs Final WE ARE GOING UP! The score line doesn't tell the story of the match as we were under pressure for most of the match. Even at two up I was nervous but come the 80th minute and our third it was clear that the momentum was clearly with us. I think I'm more pleased with the clean sheet than I am with the three goals. Just shows what happens when we take our chances! So what's next? Analysis and proper planning for the next league up will be coming shortly. We've shown this season in the FA Cup that we are able to take advantage of bigger teams so maybe it suggests we are part way there. There's a big difference between a one off match and a season long campaign, though. Plenty to think about before we start the new season. Now if you'll excuse me. I'm going to celebrate promotion with a drink and the snooker.
  12. Great image of Rui Costa, Those were great days - James Richardson and Football Italia - he always seemed to be sat in a cafe with a newspaper! Excellent start, Firenze is on fire! Everybody is so much better than me at managing on Football Manager
  13. Awesome story man, thank you! Appreciate you following along. Hoping the end of season update is ready for posting soon
  14. Today
  15. Theres nothing to for SI to figure out. It wasnt true 5 years ago and it isnt true now. Please dont necro long dead threads. Worth popping into the tactical forum, make sure to put some detail into how you play for others to help
  16. I think that I've just added another bow to my collection and, for me, that feels great! I feel like I'm reaping the rewards... Yu Jae-Hoon popped up in my inbox with an €80k release clause! I like that - in the skin - I can tell that, technically he's underperforming his attributes, which are pretty strong anyway. He's the kind of player who I can bring in, polish and sell. But this is second tier Korea on their military loan system so there's much credit to the recruitment team for finding players like him!
  17. Ser du skrev "if", er det mangel av motivasjon å gå lengre ned i divisjonene? For jeg venter anspent på 6.div skal komme ut, sånn jeg kan endelig starte saven min, haha (Edit: leste nå at du har unge, da skjønner jeg ting kan ta tid)
  18. Ba-dee-ya, dancin' in September. The green wave continues, well almost as Genoa were the only side to stop us from taking maximum points across the calendar month of September. We nearly dropped two points against Davide Nicola's Emploi, until Il Gallo (The Rooster) scored at the death. Both ourselves and Marco Baroni's Hellas Verona are surprisingly the only two sides to remain undefeated in Serie A. Whilst Claudio Ranieri's Cagliari are showing early signs of being the whipping boys, conceding five against Atalanta, and Empoli, en-route to their -13 goal difference, from six games. Juventus and Lazio both need to improve on their early form, could we see one of the bigger sides be struck with the first managerial change of the season, only time will tell. A special mention also must go to Alberto Gilardino's Genoa who look as if they will be a hard side to break down. PERFORMANCE HUB The above radar charts make for a good read, as expected given the fact we find ourselves undefeated in seven, and top of Serie A. I wish FM had the ability to customise these visualisations, as different playing styles will lead to managers holding attacking/defending metrics of greater/lesser value. I often like to spend my time in the team/player detailed tabs within the game, as this is where you can really delve into some of the granularity. Attacking stats to note 4 goals from corners (1st) - it is nice to see that we are effective from the set piece, this was always going to be the way considering our earlier squad comparison outputs. 31 chances created (1st) 100 shots for (1st) 864 high intensity sprints (1st) 11.96 NP-XG (1st) 12% conversion rate (9th) - given we are currently the leagues volume shooting side, a conversion rate above 12% is pretty acceptable. Especially when considering Atalanta are currently leading the charts IRL with a ratio of 10.8%. 45% possession (15th) Defensive stats to note 2 conceded (1st) 106 fouls made (1st) - the tackle harder team instruction, paired with the trigger press more often could well come back to haunt us. We have made the most fouls and are picking up yellow cards on a regular basis, match bans are on the horizon. 656 possession won (1st) - on the flip side you can see how effective our game model is, we are winning back plenty of ball, along with breaking up our opponents play. 158 interceptions (1st) 43 shots against (1st) 4.35 opposition passes per defensive action (1st) - the lowest opposition PPDA in the league, that work rate DNA pillar coming into play. Nicolás González and Andrea Belotti are leading the way in terms of goalscoring, although the Argentinian's conversion rate 26% is being dwarfed by the strikers 50%. The Rooster showing why he has earned 44 caps for the Azzurri, and scored over 100 Serie A goals across his career. A FOCUS ON GIACOMO BONAVENTURA Fiorentina currently have no representatives for the Azzurri. However, the early season form of Giacomo Bonaventura will hopefully lead to Luciano Spalletti considering the 34 year old for future selection. Whilst the experienced midfield orchestrator could be seen by some to be on a decline, in 600 minutes of football this season in all competitions he has four gaol contributions (2 goals, 2 assists), and an average rating of 7.17. He stand out performances in the role of the attacking midfielder has seen him collect three 'MOTM' awards, whilst currently he is leading the Serie A charts for key passes (24), two more than Atalanta's Matteo Ruggeri. The below visualisation goes to show how much of an impact the Italian is having in the final third, Giacomo is a huge outlier scoring a high number of non penalty expected goals compared to average, and creating a high number of open play expected assists. Whilst the early signs are great, I am conscious to not get too excited, as we have only played a handful of games and the data set is limited. Still worthy of a little write up. The below analysis was taken from the game against Salernitana, in which Bonaventura racked up seven key passes (I know the analysis only shows six, another flaw of FM). I have the following player instructions attached to the attacking midfielder, 'take more risks', 'roam from position', 'dribble more', and 'move into channels'. The above are the Italian's traits, I feel the se work well with the AM being off-set and often in the match engine there are times where we create an overload against a central defender. This also could explain why we struggled more against sides which have played with three at the back (Genoa, and Empoli). THE SAN SIRO Although today the monumental construction is very impressive, San Siro wasn’t always huge. In 1926 it had a capacity of app. 10,000 people. That changed in 1939, when redevelopment increased it to 55,000. In mid-fifties it became one of few stadiums in Europe to host up to 100,000 spectators and at the same time a sell-out crowd at Italy-Brazil game has set the crowd record. In 1989 capacity went down to 85 000, because despite the stands were enlarged, seats were also installed. The 1989 redevelopment was also the last major one, done due to World Cup in 1990. 11 spiral staircases were mounted, four of which became support for the roof at the same time. Stadium is covered thanks to huge red trusses overhanging the seats. In its history San Siro was the setting of many great games – starting with the derby of Milano and ending with prestigious internationals of Italy, Champions League final and World Cup. Its fame seems everlasting as in recent decades it’s continuously among 10 European venues with largest club attendances. Although neither AC Milan, nor Inter pack the ground to capacity on regular basis, they both draw most fans in Italy. We certainly should be happy with the result against Milan. We weren't better than the opposition, but we managed to come away with all three points. You can see from the below 'match momentum' that we were under pressure for a large majority of the match. Despite the inferior momentum we had a similar number of shots to Milan and won the xG battle 0.79 to 0.68. UPCOMING FIXTURES October will see us take the Europa Conference League group stage to the mid-point. Whilst in Serie A we have three winnable fixtures. Although, Ivan Juric's Torino side will no doubt be the toughest test, the Croatians side have made a good start to their campaign.
  19. I'm gonna necro this thread.. it's still the same in FM24. I've been aware of the red card = better AI for years and years and I've tried everything to combat it. Formation changes, attacking mentality changes (both ways), shouts of all flavours. I've even taken advantage of it occasionally myself... game is level, I lose a man, don't change anything significantly and win the match. Long story short, nothing works. It's bollocks that losing a man can't be reliably exploited.. actually the opposite... it's damn hard to even maintain parity! If you go a man down IRL, you don't expect to outscore the opponent (which happens regularly in FM). Please figure out why this happens SI.. it's not a rare occurrence and needs addressing.
  20. Good Luck with this ! I will be following. I spent majority of my lifetime in Bedford as this is where my parents migrated from Poland back in 2004. I was considering doing this in FM25, I guess it will be fun playing a derby against Bedford Town. Apparently the Real Bedford owner wanted to purchase Bedford Town first, who are a couple of leagues higher, but they did not want to sell Bedford is quite a big town and does deserve having a club in EFL. In RL were Real Bedford is close to getting promoted to 8th tier. Bedford Town today managed to win Playoff final and get promoted to 7th tier. Exciting times.
  21. The greyed out players are just to fill in spaces in your squad. so when you've signed a few and filled up your squad, you won't get any more. (You might be able to get more by demoting the signed ones to reserve/youth teams, but demoting players tends to upset them...)
  22. As I could not get into the game yet due the issues constantly highlighted in the forums, I thought will create a team and play at a higher division for the first time... usually I am bored/disinterested before reaching a top 5 league so it should be fun to manage a player I am familiar with IRL 😄. Imagine a backstory, replace one team in the Serie A (Monza). Based on the squad budget, sign players I adore IRL, using a strategy and depth chart already in my head: Calafiori, Di Gregorio, Baldanzi, Pessina and Lucca for a strong young Italian core... Some older veterans for experience for 1 or max 2 seasons: Pjanic, Alioski, Insigne. Karius as a cup goalie for for the memes. Flair on the attacking, side: Jesper Karlsson and Akram Afif. Decent young backups and wonderkids: Omorodion and Bardghji. From the remaining budget, mostly balkan veterans as backups. After spending hours in preparations, guess what I am over the wage budget by 25%...okay, I realise that they bring their original contracts wage so Pjanic and Afif are almost earning double what the others. But wait...random 33 old serbian 3rd choice left back and Karius agreed playing time: Star player. Same for Omoridion. At least other 12+ player with this status or important player. Check other save, their contract at original club are either squad player or for Karius: backup goalkeeper. Be utterly disappointed that there is seemingly no logic on what agreed playing time will be when you "sign" the player from another club when you create a club. Yet the salary comes with the original amount???? Completely ruins the immersion and no I will not buy the editor to modify the status of offered contract or remove unhappiness. Another function that is not working. Or if there is a way of checking during the player picking (not the draft, squad assign screen) on what will be the agreed playing time, please let me know. There is a column that shows the current aggreed playing time e.g. Backup for Karius, but he was at Star player when my save starts at the fictional club. I imagine the broken reputation system has to do something with it, but again why then Omorodion expects to be a star player when in every aspect Lucca is rated higher then him, or my 3rd choice LB over Alioski and a current national team player?
  23. The Playoffs Semi Final That feeling where you concede a penalty and think it's all over. Our keeper saves and then it a few minutes later we score a counter attack. The story of our season really. We generally have the possession but just can't convert it into goals. I'll try to remember it for the final bit of analysis but our goals scored vs goals conceded paints quite a picture. But that's for another post. Who awaits us in the final? We play Basingstoke who clearly had a bit more fun in front of goal in their tie. Not that I feel it counts for much but this is how we've done against them this season. We lost against them earlier in the month to a very late goal. We've got home advantage in the final so hopefully that counts for something.
  24. Thank you for the encouragement! I love these sort of saves because I can get attached to the club and that offsets the frustrations of not progressing as quickly as I would like. It's a good shout about the "dummy" save. That's how I settled on this season's tactic by playing about with a few as Sporting in Portugal until something started to work more often than not. Maybe I should do something similar with a more limited team but the 4-3-3 that I've been using this season hasn't been too bad. Just needs a bit more firepower.
  25. It will depend on your tactic, but Off the Ball is the big attribute I look for on a primary goalscorer. Sounds like you're looking for a pressing spearheading forward, so a PF(a) should do the trick.
  26. FM24.4 ME24.2 DARK SIDE OF MOON 424 W V3.1 MC P99 CC FM24.4DARKSIDEOFMOONKnap424 W 3.1 MC P99 CC.fmf
  1. Load more activity