WIP - [FM24] Norwegian Lower Leagues

18 minutes ago, 12nes said:

If 5th tier works, can you please realese it? :D

It doesn't in its current form, but I'm working on something to just get 4. divisjon to work and take it from there.

4 hours ago, Lucdre said:

Thanks a lot for this again! I'll wait a bit until it goes deeper into even lower leagues :D

Might be a while, as I encountered the bug when I tried to import my file from FM23 and tweak it. So I would have to reconstruct everything from scratch, and at the moment I'm enjoying playing the game too much to spend all my free time to do it. I'll just do it whenever I feel like it, so I can't give any estimate in when it would be done, sorry.

vor 18 Stunden schrieb XaW:

Might be a while, as I encountered the bug when I tried to import my file from FM23 and tweak it. So I would have to reconstruct everything from scratch, and at the moment I'm enjoying playing the game too much to spend all my free time to do it. I'll just do it whenever I feel like it, so I can't give any estimate in when it would be done, sorry.

That's fine, I don't mind waiting, it's always worth it :) Thanks! 

For XaW or anybody who may know, is it possible to use this file and only make the 1st-through-4th tiers playable?

I know on some of these files you need to load all the way down in order to avoid problems but promotions/relegations, so that's why I'm wondering.

Also, if you don't mind me asking something that I can't check for myself right now, is the 4th tier researched?  Or would I need to add players to playable teams?

Anyway, thanks for these leagues XaW!

4 hours ago, TokyoWanderer said:

For XaW or anybody who may know, is it possible to use this file and only make the 1st-through-4th tiers playable?

I know on some of these files you need to load all the way down in order to avoid problems but promotions/relegations, so that's why I'm wondering.

Also, if you don't mind me asking something that I can't check for myself right now, is the 4th tier researched?  Or would I need to add players to playable teams?

Anyway, thanks for these leagues XaW!

I haven't tested it. Feel free to do so and report back.

I've only focused on the teams and the divisions, not players, so I would recommend adding players to playable teams, yes.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi @XaW. Any chance of having this mod for the lower leagues updated + Valerenga already in OBOS?

I confess that I barely waited for them to get relegated on the field to see this possibility here. :lol:

What a save that will be, I need to fix the mess this club has been for so long.

No obligation whatsoever and thank you very much for your work, mate.

Edited by lugui

On 10/12/2023 at 19:54, lugui said:

Hi @XaW. Any chance of having this mod for the lower leagues updated + Valerenga already in OBOS?

I confess that I barely waited for them to get relegated on the field to see this possibility here. :lol:

What a save that will be, I need to fix the mess this club has been for so long.

I don't have any plans for that, sorry.

4 minutes ago, Arebass1 said:

Why are some teams never in NM? Some teams are never in the qualification to NM. This is ruining my save. is it some bug? 

I haven't touched NM, so I think the game randomly selects teams for the preliminary rounds.

On 10/12/2023 at 19:54, lugui said:

SortitoutSI will come out with the database update sometime, maybe next year. In that update Vålerengen will be in OBOS, just like irl

21 horas atrás, XaW disse:

I don't have any plans for that, sorry.

I haven't touched NM, so I think the game randomly selects teams for the preliminary rounds.

No problem, mate. Thanks for your work with the lower leagues.

4 horas atrás, Arebass1 disse:

SortitoutSI will come out with the database update sometime, maybe next year. In that update Vålerengen will be in OBOS, just like irl

Well noted. I checked on their website and it looks like there will be a general update next week, maybe it will be corrected. Until then, I'm exploring the editor to try to adjust my private save.

50 minutes ago, richardkri232 said:

When starting up a new career, click the drop down menu in the top right and make sure the file is ticked off in the list. 

Why cant i change it?

Sorry, I don't understand what you are experiencing. Can you post a screenshot or something?

image.png.c428415dfe035f1cd121b999bdef31c4.png

3 hours ago, Arebass1 said:

Are you planning to release more leagues in the future? 5 divisjon, 6 divisjon etc

Yes, and I have already completed it, but due to an error in the FM24 Editor I can't verify it, so it's not playable. I'm waiting for SI to fix it. If/When they do, I will update here.

On 19/12/2023 at 19:50, XaW said:

Yes, and I have already completed it, but due to an error in the FM24 Editor I can't verify it, so it's not playable. I'm waiting for SI to fix it. If/When they do, I will update here.

All the way down to 10th division, like last year?

51 minutes ago, Oyre89 said:

All the way down to 10th division, like last year?

Yeah, all is done, I just need the editor to be able to verify it before I can release.

image.png.c964817e21887cbc1926bb902845be91.png

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, kwas said:

Not sure if it's because I (mistakenly) only loaded down to 3. division, but there seems to be 4 relegation spots in each group in that tier, instead of 3.

Yes, I had to change it to fit how many teams go up and down. Granted I could have made a playoff, but to be honest I don't really know how. That's also why I haven't added anything regarding "kretsmesterskap" either.

9 hours ago, XaW said:

Yes, I had to change it to fit how many teams go up and down. Granted I could have made a playoff, but to be honest I don't really know how. That's also why I haven't added anything regarding "kretsmesterskap" either.

Ahh, I see, makes sense. Thanks for all your work on this database, it's great!

• 2 weeks later...

I've discovered a bug, and it's a bit of a game breaking one. Not even sure if the bug is anything to do with this Norway Lower Leagues file either. 

The prices of tickets and season tickets for many teams below the Post-Nord divisions have all dropped to £0 or £1. Likewise the season ticket prices have dropped too. 

I'm not sure what's happened, it could be a game bug tbh, but it's pretty much killed my save game i think. 

I'm managing Alta. They got relegated from Post Nord to div below. I took over about half way through the season as they were looking at relegation. I noted then that their ticket price has dropped quite a bit from the season before, it was at about £8 when I took over which seems normal for relegation i guess. 

Got to the end of the season and finished mid table. And sometime in November or so the ticket price changed from £8 to £1. It's not just my team either, others are affected too. Frigg, same div as me, now give their tickets away for free Lol. 

Screenshot 2024-01-14 163302.png

Screenshot 2024-01-14 163315.png

EDIT - Just to confirm, I loaded a save game where I didn't use this editor file and the bug is still there. Teams in this tier all have their ticket prices at like £1 or so. 

Man, how does this kind of bug even get past QA.

Edited by TheMattB81

1 hour ago, TheMattB81 said:

I've discovered a bug, and it's a bit of a game breaking one. Not even sure if the bug is anything to do with this Norway Lower Leagues file either. 

The prices of tickets and season tickets for many teams below the Post-Nord divisions have all dropped to £0 or £1. Likewise the season ticket prices have dropped too. 

I'm not sure what's happened, it could be a game bug tbh, but it's pretty much killed my save game i think. 

I'm managing Alta. They got relegated from Post Nord to div below. I took over about half way through the season as they were looking at relegation. I noted then that their ticket price has dropped quite a bit from the season before, it was at about £8 when I took over which seems normal for relegation i guess. 

Got to the end of the season and finished mid table. And sometime in November or so the ticket price changed from £8 to £1. It's not just my team either, others are affected too. Frigg, same div as me, now give their tickets away for free Lol. 

Screenshot 2024-01-14 163302.png

Screenshot 2024-01-14 163315.png

EDIT - Just to confirm, I loaded a save game where I didn't use this editor file and the bug is still there. Teams in this tier all have their ticket prices at like £1 or so. 

Man, how does this kind of bug even get past QA.

Ah, that sucks... At least good to know I haven't screwed something up, please report to SI to hopefully have it fixed.

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Jorgen said:

@XaW What is the northermost football club that is playable in your database?

Honestly not sure, but I imagine one in Finnmark. I'll have a look and update here.

I think it might be Honningsvåg, located here:

image.png.73bb7ade88d66518cf1c72656e55c3a3.png

15 minutes ago, XaW said:

Honestly not sure, but I imagine one in Finnmark. I'll have a look and update here.

9 hours ago, Jorgen said:

@XaW What is the northermost football club that is playable in your database?

Honningsvag is the northernmost and Kirkenes is the easternmost. :) 

1 minute ago, Makoto Nakamura said:

Yeah, added Honningsvåg to the post. In my extended one (that still crashes the editor, so I'm still waiting for SI to fix it) I also have Bjønevatn which is close to Kirkenes.

I do wish someone would start a club at Svalbard... but so far no one has made one that joined the Norwegian FA... Could be a nice fantasy save though! :D 

Thanks everyone! Gonna have to check which one is really the northermost AND is playable in vanilla FM and/or XaW's DB

7 hours ago, Vakama2619 said:

Gonna guess Tromso but could be wrong

I think Tromso and Bodo are only the northermost first level clubs.

3 hours ago, XaW said:

I think it might be Honningsvåg, located here:

image.png.73bb7ade88d66518cf1c72656e55c3a3.png

Thank you! I asked Bard (AI like ChatGPT) too and it sais that Nordkapp FK on Magerøya is the northermost club in the world if you count Islands that belong to the continent. And Alta IF if you only count mainland teams. I found that Alta IF is in the vanilla DB, but couldn't find Nordkapp FK. But getting an AI to really understand my question and crossreference that with the FM DB is a bit tricky.

3 hours ago, Makoto Nakamura said:

My grandparernts travelled to both the Nordkapp and Kirkenes 😊

I was thinking about a new long journey save starting at the northernmost point of Europe (or as close I can get with a football club in that region) and travel to the southernmost point (Tarifa) in Spain.

2 hours ago, Liffa said:

Found Alta IF too. I asked AI and it said that Alta is the northermost football club on mainland Europe. 

Edited by Jorgen

On 04/02/2024 at 11:13, XaW said:

I do wish someone would start a club at Svalbard... but so far no one has made one that joined the Norwegian FA... Could be a nice fantasy save though! :D 

Seems like there is a club, I follow my local club Arendal Fotball, and they signed a young talent named Kristian Solberg Arnesen. (who lived/trained in Svalbard From the age 8 to 13 with the local team/Atheltic club)

Though the club does not have any "A team" or part of any league structure. there is a club there registered in the NFF official websites.

search up "Svalbard Turn Idrettslag"

Imagine the travel exspenses when starting in the lower leagues, lol. It would bankrupt the club

Edited by dahyperion

6 hours ago, dahyperion said:

Seems like there is a club, I follow my local club Arendal Fotball, and they signed a young talent named Kristian Solberg Arnesen. (who lived/trained in Svalbard From the age 8 to 13 with the local team/Atheltic club)

Though the club does not have any "A team" or part of any league structure. there is a club there registered in the NFF official websites.

search up "Svalbard Turn Idrettslag"

Imagine the travel exspenses when starting in the lower leagues, lol. It would bankrupt the club

Haha, nice, I didn't know there was one at all. Had a google about it, but nothing showed up. Would be an excellent FM challenge, at any rate! :D 

13 hours ago, XaW said:

Haha, nice, I didn't know there was one at all. Had a google about it, but nothing showed up. Would be an excellent FM challenge, at any rate! :D 

Playing the Champions League final between FC Svalbard and FC Northernmost Greenland (around Oodaaq) 😁