[FM24] - Real Bedford - A Lower League Journey, powered by Bitcoin!

Posted (edited)

RXXnLqF.png

Hello and welcome to my latest save.

We're taking over Real Bedford, currently playing at Level 9 in the Spartan South Midlands League Premier Division.

So, why Real Bedford? 

I was browsing the FM Scout website and notice a file had been uploading which was basically updating the game to show some IRL changes that had happened to the club. Lets look at the timeline of events;

• 1957 - Bedford United are formed and mainlly just kick about the local leagues with no notable successes
  • 1971 - The club joins the United Counties League and is placed into Div 2
  • 1979 -  Club leaves the United Counties League and takes a spot in the Bedfordshire County League 
  • 1980 - Bedfordshire County League Div 1 Champions
  • 1989 - Joined the South Midlands League
  • 1996 - 3rd place finish earns promotion to the Premier Division of the SML
  • 2002 - The club merges with local Sunday League side US Valerio and is knows as Bedford United & Valerio
  • 2005 - Club is relegated after finishing second from bottom
  • 2006 - Club renamed to Bedford Valerio United
  • 2007 - Renamed again and is now known simply as Bedford
  • 2013 - Winners of the Bedfordshire Senior Trophy
  • 2015 - Promotion back to the Premier Division but subsequently relegated in the following season
  • 2022 - Club is taken over by Bitcoin Podcaster Peter McCormack. Pete claims he wants to take the club all the way to the Premier League. Club is then renamed once more and is now known as Real Bedford
  • 2023 - Again win the Bedfordshire Senior Trophy and are crowned champions of Division One
  • 2024 - Huge investment made by cryptocurrency investors, the Winklevoss twins, sees £4,5000,000 pumped into the club.

Ans this is where we pick up the story.... 

N9Bq2Ca.png

No doubt theres work to be done to achieve Peter's dream of Premier League football but im so excited to run this LLM type save with some financial backing.

Edited by R7LHJ

Posted (edited)

Save Objectives

A few things id like to tick off as we go;

• Become a full time, professional club
  • Reach the Football League
  • Try not to sign loan players
  • Produce an International out of our academy
  • Have a player follow us through as many leagues as possible, club captain/legend vibe
  • Win the Premier League
  • Win the Champions League

These will be updated as i think of new ones/we progress the save.

Edited by R7LHJ

Posted (edited)

December 2023

League

Its pretty much been as straight forwarded as they all predicted. Really happy, obviousl. Some big scorelines in there that really show our dominance. 

97Ang2o.png

1ebn2SJ.png

1st - We're obvisouly top by some considerable distance!

Cups

CQjLfIE.png

We had a decent FA Cup run and were so close to qualifying for the First Round but it wasnt to be. Im hopeful we can push on though and hopefully make the final of the FA Vase.

Youth Intake Preview

X8qRheT.png

The staff seem to be reasonibly excited for the class of 2024 but we will wait and see :D 

Of Note

Huge shout out to Joey Evansabsolute bagsman in the first half of the season, hitting the back of the net 39 times already in just 30 games. Delighted to sign him to a new contract after Hartlepool came sniffing around him - fairly low wages considering his goals and an optional extension on our side, should ensure that if he was to leave, we would get a fee.

Finances

VbY1iS8.png

We're in profit for the season, which isnt to be scoffed at. We're averaging about 230 spectators a game, not sure what thats like at this level but something we will monitor on these updates.

Edited by R7LHJ

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, Rick87 said:

Interesting, I've not heard of Real Bedford before. Good luck, I do like a good LLM story.

Thank you mate, hope you can follow along

More detail on the club can be found on thier Wiki, here or on the official club website here

Edited by R7LHJ

Good Luck with this ! I will be following. 

I spent majority of my lifetime in Bedford as this is where my parents migrated from Poland back in 2004.  I was considering doing this in FM25, I guess it will be fun playing a derby against Bedford Town. Apparently the Real Bedford owner wanted to purchase Bedford Town first, who are a couple of leagues higher, but they did not want to sell 
Bedford is quite a big town and does deserve having a club in EFL. 

In RL  were Real Bedford is close to getting promoted to 8th tier. Bedford Town today managed to win Playoff final and get promoted to 7th tier. Exciting times. 

Posted (edited)
46 minutes ago, RoguPL said:

Good Luck with this ! I will be following. 

I spent majority of my lifetime in Bedford as this is where my parents migrated from Poland back in 2004.  I was considering doing this in FM25, I guess it will be fun playing a derby against Bedford Town. Apparently the Real Bedford owner wanted to purchase Bedford Town first, who are a couple of leagues higher, but they did not want to sell 
Bedford is quite a big town and does deserve having a club in EFL. 

In RL  were Real Bedford is close to getting promoted to 8th tier. Bedford Town today managed to win Playoff final and get promoted to 7th tier. Exciting times. 

Awesome story man, thank you! 

Appreciate you following along. Hoping the end of season update is ready for posting soon :)

Edited by R7LHJ

On 03/05/2024 at 12:31, R7LHJ said:

RXXnLqF.png

Hello and welcome to my latest save.

We're taking over Real Bedford, currently playing at Level 9 in the Spartan South Midlands League Premier Division.

So, why Real Bedford? 

I was browsing the FM Scout website and notice a file had been uploading which was basically updating the game to show some IRL changes that had happened to the club. Lets look at the timeline of events;

• 1957 - Bedford United are formed and mainlly just kick about the local leagues with no notable successes
  • 1971 - The club joins the United Counties League and is placed into Div 2
  • 1979 -  Club leaves the United Counties League and takes a spot in the Bedfordshire County League 
  • 1980 - Bedfordshire County League Div 1 Champions
  • 1989 - Joined the South Midlands League
  • 1996 - 3rd place finish earns promotion to the Premier Division of the SML
  • 2002 - The club merges with local Sunday League side US Valerio and is knows as Bedford United & Valerio
  • 2005 - Club is relegated after finishing second from bottom
  • 2006 - Club renamed to Bedford Valerio United
  • 2007 - Renamed again and is now known simply as Bedford
  • 2013 - Winners of the Bedfordshire Senior Trophy
  • 2015 - Promotion back to the Premier Division but subsequently relegated in the following season
  • 2022 - Club is taken over by Bitcoin Podcaster Peter McCormack. Pete claims he wants to take the club all the way to the Premier League. Club is then renamed once more and is now known as Real Bedford
  • 2023 - Again win the Bedfordshire Senior Trophy and are crowned champions of Division One
  • 2024 - Huge investment made by cryptocurrency investors, the Winklevoss twins, sees £4,5000,000 pumped into the club.

Ans this is where we pick up the story.... 

N9Bq2Ca.png

No doubt theres work to be done to achieve Peter's dream of Premier League football but im so excited to run this LLM type save with some financial backing.

Nice to see people enjoying my Editor file :) If you catch any errors please feel free to let me know and I can correct them.

16 hours ago, Renskay said:

Nice to see people enjoying my Editor file :) If you catch any errors please feel free to let me know and I can correct them.

Hey - im so sorry, i didnt realise you were on here, i would have tagged you if i had realised. Thank you for your work, so far so good!