• Since 24.3.0 Update, no American players qualify as Homegrown (Trained in Nation/Trained at Club 0-21 or 15-21) and any custom databases using these Homegrown criteria show zero players qualified

Coltons13
    • Public Status: Open Screenshot: Save Game: Colton Coreschi - Steel City FC Files Uploaded: Save Game, Screenshot

This is a full database issue, not a particular save. While not noticeable when playing the default database due to MLS unique set-up and Homegrown classification, any custom database that uses the game's built-in Homegrown categorization (e.g. 'Trained in Nation 0-21, Trained in Nation 15-21, etc.) shows zero players meeting Homegrown criteria. This is game-breaking for any custom database that utilizes squad registration rules around these mechanisms. This bug was not present prior to the 24.3.0 update and was only introduced after the fact. I can confirm it is a database issue - not specific to a single save.

I have attached a save file with a custom database that uses 'Minimum of 'x' players trained in U.S.A. for 3 years before 21st birthday" as registration criteria - as well as the editor files needed to run the save in the custom database. By inspecting any player that should meet these criteria based on their histories (e.g. Tyler Adams, James Sands, etc.) and going to their 'Eligibility' tab, you can see they are eligible for absolutely no homegrown requirements.

But you do not even need to load the save file. If you load the pre-game editor, you can filter down to players with USA as nation and see none meet this criteria (no boxes ticked) - despite having correctly recorded "number of days at club/in nation" data. This appears to be a base database issue only visible when a custom database utilizes this requirement. I have attached both in-game and pre-game editor screenshots displaying this issue.

Please let me know if further detail is required. This unfortunately makes my custom database effectively unplayable.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Hey lad!

Hope you are doing great.

I have created a Custom Data-Base and I am experiencing this issue but only with my created country home-grown players, any other ones have does details.

Even checking it out with my editor the Home-Grown Club is attached.

image.thumb.png.f1c32988a119949df0ac9f59fdab3c18.png

And then this is how it looks in-game.

image.png.dc70d10a238cbe2b10a96cac2bd7d683.png

Were you able to fix it?

If by any chance you did, it would be great if you let me know.

As I am excited to get it started.

Thank you!