All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. I forget to updated about this sorry 😅. It happened to some files but at that time people didn't know because 24.3 updated.
  3. Added these instructions. Played 10 competitive matches and crosses/diagonal passes from KdB in half spaces amounted to 3, one of them might have been too wide to count as from the half space but beggars can't be choosers. All crosses towards the IF and not Haaland, even with TF role. I don't think players actually know that they have a TF. Haaland would have to be moved to the left off center if KdB would ever find him.
  4. Have you got evidence to back this up please. Happy to see your extensive research on the subject. Email me. Tranmere do not operate a youth academy in 2023/24, or at least they do not at U18 level (they may at U16s but we do not model that level).
  5. JUN 2042 - FA Cup Final Our second crack at the big dance, and it was a brave effort against the much more fancied Chelsea outfit. We were not aided by missing six first team regulars, although the Blues were in pretty much the same boat. We probably played better in the first half, but were not able to find a way through their defences. The second half was a much more even, with very few genuine chances created, and neither side was able to find a winner. Off to extra time, and we blinked first as Chelsea took the lead early in the first period. A second goal just before the half time interval broke our spirits, and the contest was just about over. We did push hard in the first part of the second period, but we just ran out of steam, and there would be no comeback miracle. While the end result is disappointing, the effort was brilliant, and to have even made the Final was punching well above our division. A healthy financial boost as we collect our runner up money, while we also receive nearly £2 million from our share of the gate, and a further £1.5 million from the TV revenue. With our season now officially at an end, it's time to go through some reviews.
  6. There's not one best way to play FM. But the beauty of this game is its infinite possibilities. One guy will play the team he supports and try to win it all. Other will start unemployed and write his own story. I personally always start with an idea for that story. Say, my "dream" is to win the Bundesliga, the top league where football is still more important than money and TV rights. But starting the save there is a bit too easy and boring for me. So I pick one of the sorrounding leagues, where I can have success and then hopefully jump ship to Germany. It could be Austria, Poland, Hungary, and so on. Another idea is to manage Real Madrid, the greatest club in the world. So I idealize a possible path, say starting young in the lower spanish leagues, maybe try to reach Getafe or some of the satelites and so on.
  7. I’m away for a week, italian holidays. Might do something when i get back, a new thread maybe to not sidetrack crusadertsar’s awesome work. I’ll tey and get some ideas together and see of it works out
  8. I completely understand it. I remember in a previous save thinking there was a decent chance that something like this was a bug, but until I know for a fact I always have hope.
  9. Hey Knap, I can't seem to find the EF 424 HP HUB MC P105 EC FA CC tactic on the sheet, could you post it here please?
  10. My team! Jukey is a club legend, I don't care about his salary! Give him the final match against Norwich and I guarantee he'll bag a back post header. Chronically misunderstood but can be a real weapon even next season too!
  11. Having no half time or end of game team talk should not always be compared with silent treatment and having team react negatively to it. Currently when you do not have a team talk at half time or at the end of the game, the players most of the time react negatively to it. In real life not having half time team talk could sometimes have a positive effect on the team if they are professional as it would not break their concentration as the team already knows what they have to do, while not saying any words after a small loss would be much better than criticizing or sympathizing with the team.
  12. Which they could do safe in the knowledge that it's a Battlefield game with a built-in enormous market. It's nowhere near as niche a product as FM is, which is likely a big part of why they've historically been very careful to cater for lower systems. I'm not saying that's what they're going to do, I've no idea, but I don't think it's anywhere near as simple as just waving that problem away and saying they have to do it. I doubt there is going to be some big silent group of people waiting to buy FM to replace the people they'd potentially lose with such a move.
  13. I do similar things, though not to the extent of actually being a famous ex-player. I am currently managing Barcelona with Xavi as my DoF, Carles Puyol as Technical Director, Sergio Busquets as my Assistant, Sergi Barjuan as HOYD and Albert Ferrer & Victor Valdes on the coaching staff. I’ve undone every paid transfer in since 2020, replacing them with free transfers who Barcelona were strongly linked with IRL. I’m bringing through youth and am only allowed free transfers, with one exception… …Marcos Leonardo, who I have turned into a recreation of the original Ronaldo and who tore up records in Brazil before I bought him in Jan 24 with a ‘bank loan’. FM is one of the best role-playing games I have played, and I have a history of role playing gaming going back to tabletop Dungeons & Dragons at school in the 1980s! .
  14. Tuesday 1st August 2023 - The club announces a new sponsorship deal; Whilst it's a far cry from multi-million pound Premiership deals, it will still come in useful in helping to sure up the club's future, which for the moment appear to be trending in the right direction. - We welcomed Kendal Town to St Mungo's for our latest pre-season warm-up game; The Mintcakes (Love that nickname) took the lead through their striker Steven Yewson on 25 minutes when he glanced in an accurate header inside the six yard box. We were level shortly after the break when young full back Adam Walton unleashed a thunderbolt from 25 yards which flashed past the Kendal keeper. We took the lead just after the hour when a defensive error allowed Jackie Milburn through on goal, the forward made no mistake as he applied a clinical finish against his former club. Unfortunately, we didn't hold on for what would have been an impressive victory against a higher division club, as Matt Dudley latched onto an early cross into the box and converted for a draw. My biggest concern today was Max Brown being carried off with a damaged knee ligament, he's been ruled out for up to two months before he's even kicked a ball competitively for us. Thursday 3rd August 2023 - Qualification groups for the Euro U19's championship have been decided, we face San Marino and Gibraltar. It will be interesting to see how the young lads get on as we look to build for the future. - I've added two friendlies to the calendar for next March, we have a home game with Moldova and a trip to San Marino. I'm hoping to gain a few ranking points in these games. Friday 4th August 2023 - Our local rivals Maryport have offered left back Steve Dynan a contract, he isn't much attribute-wise, but he has played really well in pre-season, and I'd sooner not have to replace him so close to the start of the season; - The Cumberland press has revised their pre-season predictions in light of our transfer activity, we are now heavily tipped to gain promotion to the Premier League and constitute over half of the dream team; Saturday 5th August 2023 - Squad number announcement day, I've never known why people find what number a player wears interesting, but they do, so here they are! - We welcomed Scottish side Dalbeattie Star to St Mungo's; the game ended in a 1-1 draw. We got off to a flyer when winger Rhys Joseph's shot from the edge of the box crashed in off the post in the second minute, the visitors restored parity sixteen minutes when a suicidal back pass by Andre Tamplin sold Cameron Copeland short and allowed Jordan Hooper to latch onto the ball inside the box and pick his spot. Our Lowland League visitors were probably the better side, and we did well to hold onto a draw in the end. Sunday 6th August 2023 - Penrith based Wetheriggs have appointed 29-year-old Sam Thorpe as their new manager, he has been promoted from assistant manager so it's good to see career progress by young Cumbrian's. Wetheriggs are predicted to struggle, so hopefully he can defy the odds and keep them safe. They and Cleator Moor are the only other North Cumbrian sides in this division, the rest are down in the Southern end of the country in the tourist traps. Next Week - Pre-season concludes with the Four Counties cup tournament, we will be facing another Lowland League opposition in the form of Lochmaben in the semi-final before either Lancaster or Barnard Castle in the final/third-place playoff. -I'm off on an 700-mile round trip to Portsmouth to watch former Carlisle United man Owen Moxon in action for Pompey against Cambridge on Tuesday in the EFL Trophy.
  15. @SkiIIs - can you offer him a lower wage with bonuses or a ridiculous signing on fee (like most of your transfer budget which you don't need anyway) - May be worth it as he looks a REAL talent.
  16. Today
  17. Reminds me of the 3 step rule on the old SI LLM forum. 1. Choose a team. Play the same team until you've won everything you can, regardless of how long it takes, or until you're sacked. Then start a new game. 2. Choose a team. Play until your reputation attracts the interest of ever increasingly bigger teams; change clubs as and when you're offered jobs until you're in charge at Real Madrid, Juventus, Man Utd or a World Cup winning manager with San Marino. 3. Choose a team. Do crap. Get sacked. Wait for another team. Do crap. Get sacked. Wait for….ad infinitum.',
  18. Season 13 - Macclesfield FC - League 1 It took us two years in League 2 to get out and we witnessed a similar pattern for League 1. We played in the playoff last year but this year we didnt need to as we finished atop of the league to win our first ever league title. Quite remarkable that we will find ourselves in the Championship next year with only 1 league title in our trophy cabinet. Nevertheless, it was one that was truly deserved. It took us until round 24 to hit 1st but once there, we were never going to relinquish it and clinched the title with a few games spare. Promotion really has come at the most opportune time cos we are haemorrhaging cash each month to the tune of 500k. We are 4m in the red at the end of the season and still have to wait for the end of next season for our new stadium. Hopefully TV money next year helps out cos im afraid we would have to lose a player of value or two to balance the books. . Especially with clubs circulating around Cole Hay who has been getting paid less than the rubbish that is coming through my youth ranks since day 1 lol With one year to go, i cant offer him what he wants even though he's willing to stay so my hands might get dealt. He also just became a Scottish international scoring on his debut. Youth Preview This is getting worse and worse and I have no idea what to do. Youth Intake So frustrated that I forgot to take a pic of these. I only signed 5 or 6 of them. Hugh Sibbick 37A is probably the pick of a bad bunch. Every club needs a fair few GK's floating around.
  19. Managed to find the issue. The issues was the order of the Competition in the nation's rules. So in Nation -> Competitions you must have the leagues in order before any cup, super cup or youth competition. Not sure why it prevents teams from promoting/relegating properly, but it definitely was the issue. I had my interleague super cups between the two leagues mentioned above and as soon as I moved it it all worked perfectly!
  20. I would remove shorter passing and add lower tempo + more direct passes on Kdb like CAE82 mentioned and see how that works out. But I suspect it would still be a rare occurrence in this ME
  21. It’s not a natural way to do it, but assuming Haaland and the AMRL will generally be the target, then you could try and force it by using the Target Man roles for them and use Floated Crosses. This will cause players to aim for them. You could also try More Direct Passes and Take More Risks on KDB and maybe the PPM ‘Switches Ball To Other Flank’ will encourage those type of diagonal balls (whether FM counts them as crosses or passes).
  22. Absolutely appealing choice of team, but good luck all the same.😅
  23. I suspect it is harsh to blame the keeper entirely. If he got a 5.5 conceding 8 goals, the game doesn’t think he was at fault for all of them!
  24. Oct 2nd 2030 International callups! We start with the obvious ones, that being Rodríguez, Javorcic, and Caraballo. Then one a bit more surprising: Palomeque gets his first senior callup for Colombia. Finally, the rest, with Schulze and Kretzschmar remaining in the Germany setup but Touré staying in the U21 side for the time being as the highlight. Oct 5th 2030 SG Dynamo Dresden (17th) vs. TSV 1860 München (8th) (Bundesliga, 7/34) Dynamo, like Werder, are having it tough in their long awaited return to the top level of German football. Also winless, and only ahead of the Bremen side due to a slightly less terrible goal difference, the fact that our ex-prospect Martin Karlsen is their best goalscorer so far with two should speak volumes. Yet it hasn't been that long since we dropped two points in the Weserstadion, so let's not get too confident here. * * * DYNAMO (4-3-3): Niclas Thiede (GK); Simon Asta (DR), Benjamin Dibrani (DCr), Francisco Cárdenas (DCl), Marco John (DL); Kevin Ehlers (DM), Fabrice Ndeh Nsoh (MCr), Mario Nemeth (MCl); Matteo Grimaudo (AMR), Martin Karlsen (AML), Juan Camilo Romaña (ST) 1860 MÜNCHEN (4-1-3-2): Tom Kretzschmar (GK); Tomislav Javorcic (DR), Niklas Lang (DCr), Arnau Casas (DCl), Alex Ball (DL); Ezequiel Beltramone (DM); Juan David Palomeque (MCr), Joao Neves (MC), Matías Miranda (MCl); Jonatan Basualdo (STr), Vedat Özcan (STl) * * * A perfect chance (on paper) to give Beltramone some much needed first time minutes with a start today, while the rest of the team rotates as per usual. As expected Karlsen starts on the left of Dynamo's attack, and he's witness to our quickfire start of the game with a cross by Miranda and a high header by Özcan within the first thirty seconds. One minute later Ball breaks in through the left wing and crosses low towards Özcan, who places his finish well but is denied by Thiede's fingertip save. Third time isn't the charm either, as Özcan's header to Palomeque's cross come the ninth minute also ends up wide. Our early domination continues, although now with less attacking punch, and it isn't until the 21st minute that we get another chance, this one coming from a curler by Basualdo that bounces off the top corner of the frame, while Miranda isn't quick enough to get to the rebound before the defense clears it away. Meanwhile Dresden finally get near Kretzschmar's goal for the first time in the 25th with a decent header by Nsoh that Kretzschmar catches without any trouble. Palomeque then creates danger again with a through ball towards Miranda, who finishes under pressure and can't get it past Thiede. The following minutes see both attacks failing to break through in any significant way, with only a game-ending injury to Dibrani as a noteworthy highlight. We finally create something in the 42nd with a long ball that Özcan nods towards Basualdo, only for the forward to once again see his finish deflected wide by Thiede. One minute later Özcan runs into space on the left and crosses towards Neves, who smashes his rebound on a defender but sees it bounce back straight into Basualdo's head, allowing an easy nod into the back of the net to finally give us the lead. And in the 45th we switch sides and attack through our right flank, Palomeque finding space for a run into the box and a low cross towards Basualdo, who hits it left-footed into the root of the post and in for the 0-2. Great end to a very one-sided first half. HALF TIME - 0-2 We keep the pressure up after the break, and soon enough Basualdo follows up his decisive contribution in the first half with a perfect little through ball towards Özcan, who this time doesn't hesitate and blasts it in right next to the post to score the 0-3, and his first of the season. Finally. The Basualdo festival continues with a cross towards Özcan that the striker heads into Thiede's hands, then it's Miranda who shoots into the keeper's save following a nice combination through the center with Basualdo once again providing the final pass. Karlsen tries to hit back with a weak header that Kretzschmar holds easily, but we quickly hit them back with a long ball from Özcan to Palomeque, his finish well held by Thiede. Another combination between striker and midfielder come the 61st minute ends in a narrowly wide finish by Palomeque, just before both him and Miranda are awarded a rest and replaced by Schulze and Meunier. Schulze starts his game with a pinpoint cross towards, who else, Özcan, who this time sends his header very narrowly wide. That's also his last chance of the game, as we decide to bring Rijkhoff in hoping that he'll break his goalscoring duck today, too. Schulze provides again in the 68th with a great pass forward, only for Neves to blast it over the stands. Then, out of nowhere, Asta runs past a very passive Ball and crosses into the small box so Romaña can tap it in for the 1-3. We take it easy for the next few minutes, with only a high ball from distance by Schulze to keep things a bit interesting. On the other goal Kretzschmar has to work hard to keep a dangerous shot by Wölfel from becoming a very dangerous 2-3, but with only two minutes in the clock we should be safe from any further shenanigans. Another blast over the bar by Meunier comes next, and that ends up becoming the final chance of an easy win that probably should've been even more comprehensive. * * * SG Dynamo Dresden 1 (Juan Camilo Romaña 72) TSV 1860 München 3 (Jonatan Basualdo 43 45, Vedat Özcan 49) - - - Well then, looks like Basualdo is really taking that step forward we were hoping to see from him. Between him and a very good if inaccurate Özcan they generated most of our good chances today, and that was enough to see off a very lackluster Dresden side, who nonetheless got a goal thanks to overconfidence and the fact that Ball is having a very rough start to the season so far. Still, solid win, nice to see Özcan finally get one into the net, and up the table we go. We might still fix this season after all.
  25. April 2027 A mini revival was spoiled by us losing to a third tier side in the cup, so the board is still not happy at all with me. Next Fixtures Some more friendly looking fixtures again as we try to survive another month.
  26. This is exactly right - it clearly doesn’t work correctly. In fact it’s not easy to see how it is calculated at all - I’ve rooted around in the editor and there’s an option for ticking on or off ‘club specific salary cap’ but no indication of how that cap is arrived at. In the end I just took the salary cap out, it just messes up La Liga saves.
  27. I think this is a really good point. Some clubs have youth development deeply embedded in their culture, others are known for buying stars. Managers similarly differ. This is absolutely not reflected in the behaviour of clubs or managers in FM, even though those culture and preference tendencies are indicated on club and manager profiles. Chairperson (and thus club) objectives also allow for a wide range of transfer preferences, none of which are ‘enforced’ in the game. It does seem that dialling up the importance of these already existing tools would go a long way to making youth development stronger, as well as providing significantly greater variation in AI club/manager behaviour overall and offering a wider range of challenges for players.
  1. Load more activity