• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

time for some bold predictions that make me look brilliant if they're right -

- Bandits spend big - including a marquee player for £10m or more

- Bandits earn themselves automatic promotion

- Sheriffs make it up via the playoffs

- Bandits reach the League Cup semis and FA Cup quarters

I don't think Kip will be doing a fm10 experiment, He missed out on Fm08 and kept his previous experiment going, I suspect this one will go through untill fm11. although, With the introduction of the massive editing database coming with it.

No way we'll have a FM2010 experiment, at least in these early stages of the original experiment itself. We've yet to see any ex-Bandits or Idiots retire, or any club to hit Premiership.

Kip's most probably over-burdened with work or any other time consuming thing so just a bit patience needed to see the rest of the fairy tale that Bandits will write :cool:

Just to confirm a couple of things:

1) I'm moving house at the moment, hence the radio silence. I am in fact homeless at the moment, having sold our existing house (we don't get the new one until next week).

2) There will not be a FM10 experiment.

Adios :)

Ah. OK. I'm sure I saw a post saying that the next experiment will see the Bandits in a lower league, but I wasn't sure if that was for FM10 or FM11. (Maybe I'm just over-excited about the new competitions editor!) Anyway, thanks for clearing that up and I hope your moving house goes well and that you settle in nicely to your new home.

Back following this fantastic experiment, after being an avid follower of the 07 one.

Not had a computer for a long time so only just realised that a new one had started.

Loving the rivals aspect of this one, makes for interesting reading, and much better than those heated games with Spurs I remember from 07.

Also impressed with the signing for both sides, I guess thats what having a good manager does!

Great stuff as always Kip.

May have taken me a week to catch up, but well worth it.

Only problem now is that I have to wait round like everyone else for an update!

What do people think about any of the starlets rejoining the Bandits if we are promoted to the premiership? Maybe the clubs rep, and the players amibtion will stop this? I hope not thought, would love to see some of them back home.

Come on you Bandits, clean sweep of the Sherifs next season, hopefully.

Again great work kip, thanks for your time and dedication on this, it is amazing.

I finally finished reading my way through this thread. What a fantastic experiment. I read most of the old one too, and this promises to turn out even better.

I predict the Bandits will secure automatic promotion from 2nd place, while the Sherrifs will lose in the playoff at Wembley.

Come on you Bandits!

• 2 weeks later...
I doubt it, Kip's always proved to be reliable in the past, give him some time.

There's no doubt that he's reliable. But I think it's likely that, as with a lot of us, life has started to get in the way.

With the exception of the World Cup update, it's now been more than two months since there was anything on The Bandits/Sheriffs. I think maybe we should accept the fact that the dream is over.

No hard feelings. I'm sure that Kip has far more pressing demands on his time. It was always going to have to end sometime.

A big thankyou from me for all the many hours of his time he has given in the past few years, it's been without doubt the most entertaining project ever undertaken on FM. Cheers Kip and good luck mate :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest roberto922

I don't, he frequently went months without an update in the old one, and he seems to have more going on in his life now so it'll take a while but I'd put money on an update being released at some point

Look at how many seasons he got through in a similar time frame in the last experiment compared to this one. The guy has put in a mammoth amount of work into it and im taking absolutely nothing away from him. He has achieved more with this experiment than anyone could ever have expected, but it has to come to an end at some point.

Every day :( and now and again I forget my bookmark is page 8 or 9 :( that false joy as i think there is a new update :(

We all miss Kip and hope he is well even if this is ends up being the end..........

one thing to add though.... he hasnt posted anything for nearly 2 months and still we all check daily............... says something for his content and style

Archived