The ultimate retain players file.

gillsminnow

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

ok guys never tried this before and sure im doing something wrong hopefully someone can help me.

When i download the file i get a file called "Retain_Players_by_gillsmin.ddt.txt" Im saving it to my desktop so i can find it easy but i know this file isnt any good in thos format as this is a written file, what am i doing wrong?

Very good job, I've always planned to do something like this but somehow never really bothered :p

It's very frustrating when you see obscure nations in major competitions with a lot of grey players, and some nations even play their 16-year-old newgens in their starting lineup...

This will certainly fix that!

I've just found this thread and am really impressed..

I'm usually able to run around 6/7 nations with about 16 leagues.

I noticed some people saying it doesn't make a difference but I cant understand how retaining such a large amount of players wouldn't slow it down.

Would my computer struggle to run this amount with this file or should I reduce the leagues I'm running?

When the OP says 'more manageable nations' does this mean nations like Egypt and Saudi Arabia will be playable??

And I'm interested in this file because I want to manage 'obscure' nations whilst with a club in the EPL, so should I use this to retain clubs, or would I really need to retain countries??

Thanks people.

You can manage those national teams because they will have a big enough pool of players. The file will retain players, not clubs.

Thank you.

Something I don't understand though. To give an example - if I wanted to manage New Zealand, who don't have a playable league and therefore don't appear in the listed countries to manage, I'd add the Australian league and that would add NZ as a manageable country. But I can't get Egypt, S. Arabia or Iran to appear, even when I select the cloest leagues as playable.

Sorry if that's deviating from the thread, but I thought this file might help that in some way?

It realy is unplayable.. starting a game with a small db.. will at least take like 10 mins.. usualy not even 1 min. just tested with and without..

anyway.. I like the idea.. too bad my game runs so slow on a high-end pc;)

Does this DDT retain staff or only players of the countries listed in the OP?

Only I tried searching for Eric Cantona and Roy Keane, not listed.

I'm just about to make a new post on regen staff. I have this DDT file loaded and all my regen staff are either English or Belgian. So, players only.

It realy is unplayable.. starting a game with a small db.. will at least take like 10 mins.. usualy not even 1 min. just tested with and without..

anyway.. I like the idea.. too bad my game runs so slow on a high-end pc;)

Have you got as far as playing through the game for a while? I find that it takes ages to load up the new game but the difference when actually playing is much smaller.

• 3 weeks later...

Have used this file for my game with Napoli, and I've been satsified! BUT now my game have stoped working on 1st of July 2012, which is very disapointing cause I've just won the league and italian cup for the first time :( First time this happends to me and I guess it's because of I ues this file :/ Any idea how to get the game back on track? Tried to go on holiday but don't work..

• 2 weeks later...

Can someone upload this file somewhere besides filefront? The link isn't working. I guess I could stop being lazy and use the DDT generator myself.

Anyone have an idea of how this would work if you load this file and then run with a small database? I mean you're retaining most of the players a large db would retain anyway right?

On the staff front, from what I understand he's retaining teams not nations, so the staff won't be available unless they're on a team that is retained. So you shouldn't find Zidane or Kahn as coaches unless you load France and Germany, since they're unemployed.

This is awesome, I'll download it and use it in my next game (just got my precious team from BSN promoted till Permier League) Just wish I knew of this one before i started the game ;-)

Great works, thanks!

EDIT: Since the filefront link didnt work for me. So hope it was ok that I uploaded it here.

downloadable link http://andrejohannessen.com/Ultimate_RetainPlayers.rar

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
I'm just about to make a new post on regen staff. I have this DDT file loaded and all my regen staff are either English or Belgian. So, players only.

So is there such a thing as a "retain staff" DDT? Or is it only available if you load "all players" from a nation?

It's a problem a few people (myself included) have had with extra files since the new patch. Just chuck it in the 9.2 edt folder then and it should pick it up there instead.

i have done everything you have said and it still wont come up on the extra files screen dont no what to do

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
if i use this file, can i take away all the load all players from nations. and is it best with large database or medium database

Yes and no...

It only loads the players from a certain league. So if you are playing a game consisting of active leagues in England, Scotland, and Spain, the file would load all the players from the Bundesliga, but not the German players in the Bundesliga 2. If you wanted all the German players you'd have to load Germany, which then still wouldn't get you all the Bundesliga 2 players but I think you get the point.

Also remember that this only loads players not staff. So unless you load individual nations you're going to get quite a few newgens as staff. I always, always, try and sign Oliver Kahn as a coach so I always load Germany. Its the same as if you wanted Cantona as a coach, you'd have to load France as well. Outside of that, the EDT file is amazing.

As for DB size, it's personal preference really. I've played a few quick saves using a Small database with this EDT file. I didn't find that it compromised the depth of the game in any way. However for my Liverpool save, I've gone with a Large DB.

Guest silvershot
This is awesome, I'll download it and use it in my next game (just got my precious team from BSN promoted till Permier League) Just wish I knew of this one before i started the game ;-)

Great works, thanks!

EDIT: Since the filefront link didnt work for me. So hope it was ok that I uploaded it here.

downloadable link http://andrejohannessen.com/Ultimate_RetainPlayers.rar

I found it on another website he loaded it on...

Download Here

^These links are still working...

Yes and no...

It only loads the players from a certain league. So if you are playing a game consisting of active leagues in England, Scotland, and Spain, the file would load all the players from the Bundesliga, but not the German players in the Bundesliga 2. If you wanted all the German players you'd have to load Germany, which then still wouldn't get you all the Bundesliga 2 players but I think you get the point.

Also remember that this only loads players not staff. So unless you load individual nations you're going to get quite a few newgens as staff. I always, always, try and sign Oliver Kahn as a coach so I always load Germany. Its the same as if you wanted Cantona as a coach, you'd have to load France as well. Outside of that, the EDT file is amazing.

As for DB size, it's personal preference really. I've played a few quick saves using a Small database with this EDT file. I didn't find that it compromised the depth of the game in any way. However for my Liverpool save, I've gone with a Large DB.

How do you find cantona as a coach? I have france and germany loaded but when i use the search feature i can't seem to find him

How do you find cantona as a coach? I have france and germany loaded but when i use the search feature i can't seem to find him

Hmm, strange. I've never had an issue. Although sometimes I've had problems finding Zidane. Not sure what it's attributed to. I don't know if he is or not, but you could look at Man U and see if Cantona is listed as a legend or icon and go from there.

• 1 month later...

Archived