Who plays FM09 anyway?

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This really is a poor attempt at creating another 'it's too hard' bandwagon for the people who frankly belong playing LMA or FIFA.

But, by way of contradicting the OP's argument that FM should be dumbed down to suit the teenage demographic, I'm a soon to be 34yr old male in Warsaw or Bristol (varies) who has less and less time to play FM but even then thinks it could have more depth. :thup:

On the contrary I think if you are of the teenage age group, you have more time to give to the game, as there are less of the pressures and time constraints of going to work, and being the family man. I'm sure if I was a teenager again I'd have spent 3 to 5 hours a day on the game and love it more than I do at present on my one hour a night effort. As someone else said here, it'll probably be 6 months before I get my 1st season done!

I love the game but I'm finding my match day experience is just not the same as previous incarnations, this maybe impacting on my enjoyment levels BUT I'm still playing...

Oh, for the record, I'm 36, male, 2 kids + wife, and living in N Ireland. Favourite FM/CM was 01/02, probably down to the fact I could spend more time on the game due to my personal circumstances.

19, lincoln/hull(uni), male.

played football manager type games since premier manager 98, god you could do 10 season in a day on that game, how the genre has changed.

hahaha omg i have found someone use used to play premier manager :D i thought i was the only person who existed playing that game!!!! oh what a legend of a game that is i rememeber trying to have a argument with a friend who loved this game i had never heard of before called championship manager..... i think it time for a bit of ebay for premier manager 99 .... dont worry footy manager i will never abanadon you no matter how much you annoy me.

im 19 male and from liverpool and im one of the only people i know who acctualy play this game i dont know why. in school i guess everyone was obsessed with fifa and pro evo yet i prefered FM alot of my mates think im a bit weird for being so obsessed about this game but oh well FM has outlasted many many girlfriends thats for sure!

oh and im in no way a master at this game the amount of silverware i have won in my entire FM carreer is what alot of people get in one game nevermind 8 years of it.

31 male, resident of Manchester, England. Played Football Manager since 1983/84. Quite like that they didn't reintroduce players 'skill' randomising every season when they revived the name a few years back. Champ Manager I've played since it first came out.

36 Currently Pattaya Thailand.Ive been playing football management sims since around 82/83.Football manager on the ZX81,oh happy days.

In a city bursting with 20,000 ho's and you're playing FM - man, I know exactly where you're coming from ;)

If I was living in a world of McDonalds, I'd go vegetarian :D

In a city bursting with 20,000 ho's and you're playing FM - man, I know exactly where you're coming from ;)

If I was living in a world of McDonalds, I'd go vegetarian :D

Its a hard life mate.Seriously i have to give myself a break from the extreme nightlife so i have just come back from the swimming pool,34 degrees today and i am about to boot the game up,on my balcony, overlooking the sea.

Its a hard life mate.Seriously i have to give myself a break from the extreme nightlife so i have just come back from the swimming pool,34 degrees today and i am about to boot the game up,on my balcony, overlooking the sea.

Like I say, I hear you. PP's an amateur, cheapo version of Patty. I can't be doing with going out for a quick pint only to be mauled and groped by a dozen hot chicks. I prefer to stay in with my trusty FM :cool:

28 and from Helsinki, Finland

Been playing CM/FM for a long time now.

The game it self getting harder is already making playing the game slower and add all media interaction to it and it's very time consuming to actually get any longterm games.

Remember in the previous versions how i had 3-4 campaigns that streched over 30+ years. Those where the days...

Now im lucky if i get one that is over 20 years before the next version.

This is a factor that has taken some of the "fun" out of the game for me.

35, Married, Kids, Chehire ...

Been playing Football Manager since early/mid 1980's on my Acorn Electron ... remember the one anyone - yellow cover with picture of Kevin Toms (inventor on front) ...... played right through my Amiga days .. (Champ Man incarnation) ... and have played every edition of CM/FM ever since.

In fact the original Football Manager spawned a rather useless collection of footy management games throughout 80's and 90's for Electron and Spectrum and Amiga ... got hundreds of seemingly homebrew efforts and serious contenders ......

I think people should be grateful for the dedication to detail that has become Football Manager (& Champ Manager if that way inclined) ..... People may gripe and mumble on these forums for perfection, but believe me, from a historical point of view, it doesn't get much better than this.

Archived