Havant and Waterlooville

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They're also mentioned in Eastenders frequently as Minty is a fan. I do agree, though Havant and Waterlooville, they are known all over the world.

That's because Eastenders is set in the West-End Peter. And West Ham is the local club! Time to go back to School mate. Have some extra Geography lessons.

That's because Eastenders is set in the West-End Peter. And West Ham is the local club! Time to go back to School mate. Have some extra Geography lessons.

I was making the emphasis of the national popularity of Eastenders and how many times it is mentioned on the show, therefore leaving people with "West Ham" ringing in their ears.

So don't talk to me :):p

I was making the emphasis of the national popularity of Eastenders and how many times it is mentioned on the show, therefore leaving people with "West Ham" ringing in their ears.

So don't talk to me :):p

That's because the only exciting thing in the West End is West Ham, and that's not exactly the most exciting thing to watch ever :p

They're also mentioned in Eastenders frequently as Minty is a fan. I do agree, though Havant and Waterlooville, they are known all over the world.

Tom - take a look at a map of London and come back :p

I've read some ridiculous complaints about "bugs" in my time, but that takes the biscuit!

Are you being serious?

haha thats such a brilliant response!

credit to havant for taking it to liverpool that day, i was there, and as a liverpool fan i stood and clapped them off the park at full time....but to say because of that their reputation should be worldwide is rediculous! thank god you don't work for SI! :p

I don't have a friggin clue about London; please tell me Tom was wrong :D

Its about 8/9 stops away on the tube (Jubilee or Hammersmith)

Its about 6/7 miles so in London terms its a pretty fair way away

I don't have a friggin clue about London; please tell me Tom was wrong :D
West Ham is in the East End of London, as is Eastenders strangely enough (Look at the name :D)

Thats correct. If you re-read the post you'll see the query was if West Ham was "in" the West End......

Lol, I can't believe I put West lol. It's due to that fact I've just had a 2 and a half hour exam so my brain hasn't recovered yet.

Dont worry - Its to the fun of this thread which is completely off topic now :D

Its true. West Pork (or whatever) will never be as famous as the mighty Havant and Waterlooville. Newbs!

Their reputation is correct at the moment.

Think about reputation as being under normal circumstances, i.e. playing in the league. Obviously a small team that goes on a good cup run will get much more publicity than normal but that does not mean they are club with a big reputation, it means they are a small club with a low reputation that got a bit of luck and publicity.

Lol, I can't believe I put West lol. It's due to that fact I've just had a 2 and a half hour exam so my brain hasn't recovered yet.
lol he is on the other side of the world tho ;-). if that aint world-wide i dont know what is

that makes 2 people, thats not the whole world though is it ;)

MrPompey, i never said anything about the scottish cup so why bring it up? everyone knows that english league is far superior to our league anyway

just because it happened in england doesn't mean everyone knows about it, thats all

don't know why I'm posting the original post is sheer stupidity anyway

Er it's set in the East end - hence the name.

Yeah and if you read on you'll notice I put West instead of East. I made a mistake, just put West instead of East. Don't comment unless you read the whole thread otherwise you miss such things.

Surely their reputation should be 'Worldwide'? I was born and live in Australia but even I have heard of their amazing FA Cup run, beating Swansea and taking it to Liverpool. Sort it out SI, the amount of bugs in this game is disgusting...

So with their worldwide reputation, you'll be familiar with how they are doing this season, without looking at the internet.

Surely their reputation should be 'Worldwide'? I was born and live in Australia but even I have heard of their amazing FA Cup run, beating Swansea and taking it to Liverpool. Sort it out SI, the amount of bugs in this game is disgusting...

I live in Portsmouth and although Havant and Waterlooville is only up the road, I would doubt they are known worldwide. They had an amazing cup run last year which ended unfortunately with Liverpool. Look at what they did this year !!! It was not as glorious to say the least. If you followed last years FA cup then you would know who they are but general football supporters would not know unless you are local or have played them.

I am a Portsmouth fan and to be honest i would not even consider Pompey to be worldwide. Yes, we won the FA cup last year but again look at this years performance. 1 cup run or 1 cup win does not grant you worldwide status.

IMO to be worldwide you would need to be performing at a high level on a regular basis.

Sorry to be serious but I just had a thought, players have a domestic and world rep although we only see an overall, maybe it would be a good idea for clubs and players to have both, so if for example a lower league team went on a cup run and did some giant killing, it would increase their domestic reputation hugely but would have very little (if any) effect on their world reputation.

Any thoughts.

I think people are becoming a little confused by reputation within the game.

The 'reputation' in game serves as a marker of how successful a club is and how likely they are to attract the big stars and how much media coverage they get etc etc.

This is completely different to publicity or popularity.

Newcastle and Sunderland, look at their stadiums, look at how passionate some of their fans are, you would argue that they are both 'big clubs' because of these two facts.

Both have bigger stadiums, and therefore can accomodate more supporters than either Liverpool or Chelsea, but they can't compete in footballing terms, which is what reputation is about.

Reputation is about how good, or how successful a team is.

I think that if this thread gets spread around the world, surely Havant and Waterlooville deserve worldwide rep.

Hey, why not make AFC Wimbledon a worldwide club! A worldwide organization like SI sponsors them! :D :D

They still don't deserve one as the reputation should be based on real life football. ;):D

The solution is quite clear fellas:

HAVANT can have half a world reputation.

WATERLOOVILLE get half a world reputation.

In the interests of post-Christmas generosity, I'd give '&' a continental reputation.

Sorted :cool:

And in Indonesia you have a team called 'Semen' - that should have a worldwide reputation just so the press could claim it's been stained! :D

Lol I never thought about it that way :D

Semen is actually Indo for "Cement", the club is sponsored by a cement factory based in Padang, West Sumatra. Hence, Semen Padang.

So with their worldwide reputation, you'll be familiar with how they are doing this season, without looking at the internet.

Wow that's a good point, I wouldn't know how they are doing without using the internet. But then I wouldn't know what's happening in the Premier League or any league for that matter without using the internet...

I live in Australia, association football isn't big over here and isn't televised... but your point is totally valid; their league position should be beamed into my head

Archived