The FM24 Youth Academy Challenge

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@Anners Happy to help :) I almost got Rangers though, literally 3 points off the relegation playoff! Hope St johnstone make some massive transfers in the summer now that they survived the season. How many seasons do you think till they top the league wagebill and transfer expenditure?

Did your losing streak coincide with the start of European matches, cause first year in the CL getting hammered every week would explain things.

What a tasty intake with 2 Professional Attackers with almost maxed out PA! I'd have to think at least one will pan out for you at this point in the save, probably both for at least squad-level players. Any Player screenshots to share?

4 hours ago, libbyshuss said:

it would be an amazing achievement though!

how are you finding the speed of seasons/games? When i tried a tier 10 save it clogged my machine up so much it took hours to generate any results!

It's not too bad. I find it helps to turn off the lowest leagues when climbing the ladder, as I feel like the calculating slows down after some years too. I don't really need level 10 to be playable when I'm 2 levels above that. At first I thought it would impact loanees when a league is not fully visible but it doesn't seem to matter too much.

Main thing is though, I play when working from home or (during the weekends) while watching a movie or show. I holiday between most games - unless there's stuff like the final few games, transfers or a takeover happening. Whenever I want to take a short break from what I'm doing, I play the next game. Apart from the usual unhappy fringe player whose issues I don't address when he wants me to, it creates little trouble to holiday those days.

Çankaya FK 2028/2029 Season Review

image.png.62fcc901b4a6971411d09b895119a2b2.png

On the field

image.png.1fc8f916183ffbead50b821ee9923e43.png

Fixtures prt 1  | Fixtures prt 2

Same points as last season and one place lower, yet a much more comfortable league campaign. We had a better start to the season and kept enough form to stay well clear off the drop zone. There is a significant gap in quality between us and even midtable teams. there was a stretch of ten games in the middle of the season I knew we would be lucky to get draws. Indeed we managed 1 draw and 9 losses. We were truly powerless in those games. Th grind to the top is going to take a while I'm afraid.

In the cup we went out against second tier Gaziantep FK Who we'll see again next year in the Super Lig.

Squad

Best player of the year: Onur Küçük 

The GK has been a part of the team since the beginning and this is his time in the limelight. The fact our GK has the highest rating in the team while we had 23 losses says a lot about the quality of the team I think. I dread the moment he either retires or declines. No prospect comes close yet to him. I'm can confidently say without Onur we would have been relegated easily.

Top scorer: Talha Aydemir

back as topscorer for us. A massive 6 goals for the campaign. He missed some time due to injury. When He was fit he was reliable though. He lacked consistent players around him.

Young player of the season: Saim Taşlı 27e

The young winger had a breakout year and developed well. 

Youth intake

image.thumb.png.190cb76e1a70bbd360ddaa7c7a41dafb.png

image.thumb.png.beb880b5d0bd7a63a273d5cd676dce7d.png

Good potentials but unfortunately my best prospects are both unambitious.

Best of the lot is Yamaç Şahin 29a

image.png.f5560574d2e34702ce7f20af90c13eb7.png

I just need you to develop some quickness Yamaç. That is all I ask. maybe some composure..

Board

Finances | Transfers

We sold our first player for big money. Bartu Büyükgök 26b left for Porto for 1.5M. He was definitely worth more, But that was the release clause.

It did mean we ended the season with a slight profit. Youth costs have been high this season. more than half our expanses this season have been for the youth setup. This means that for the first time this save I have not asked for improvements in youth recruitment and coaching. I did ask for better training and youth facilities but the board would still not fund it.

I did complete my Pro License Badge

Next Season

Hopefully we can improve a little bit. But the comparison screen and the prediction are not giving me much confidence. 

image.thumb.png.4d8eded81d571732a487ba7265abe26d.png

olot_ue.jpg.58ffc73108e867c86ff5b7f6801cdcf4.jpg

Olot UE Season Review (26/27)

League:

A tale of two seasons. we reverted to being dead average for the first couple of months. We won enough games to never be in any jeopardy, but I already acquiesced for a season in midtable mediocrity. I started tinkering with some new tactics, trying to get a 2 striker system going and it suddenly just clicked. In the 2nd half of the season we became an absolute juggernaut. We were 12th in February and were able to snag the last play-off spot on the last day of the season. Would we lift our good form to an unexpected promotion?

Spoiler

Olot_Y3_league_table.png.f2e934bb963f793ea1b51433c858c5eb.png

Playoffs

We were drawn to Fuenlabrada from the B league. We stole a 1-1 draw in the first leg and absolutely hammered them at home, winning 4-0. For a spot in the Segunda Division, we would play Tarragona from our own division. We actually already beat them during the regular season, and to be honest, I was feeling very confident we would get the job done.

Spoiler

Olot_Y3_playoff_semis.png.cfbae543a30d93d5cc8bfa7bdb91d5b1.png

Alas, hybris struck. We were second best in both games and Tarragona deservedly went up.

Spoiler

Olot_Y3_playoff_finals.png.f1285ecaa0560295c08edf0367bb3ba3.png

Youth Intake:

The preview looked promising...

Spoiler

Olot_YI_Y3_preview.png.643fe25390fbe671faf819d5742e4b89.png

The actual intake... Yikes! No elite talents and very little in current ability. I guess this is the result of not being able to improve any of our facilities. It really puts more pressure on the youngsters already there.

Spoiler

Olot_YI_Y3_overview.thumb.png.ea3c864e8f5db60b5351ad541ea8c01b.png

Transfers

One huge transfer. We say goodbye to our star player and all time goalscorer: Momodou Janneh. I really didn't want to sell this guy, but A. we are absolutely broke and B. He didn't want to sign a new deal. I was hoping for at least 500k, but again there is no money in Spain. In the end I have to be happy with 215K and a small sell-on clause of 20%

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.2794aefc0bde4caf17626b4e5774ac96.png

Downgrades

As if things couldn't get any worse, our board decided to revert to semi-professional status. I'm absolutely gutted. The finances in the lower tiers of Spain don't make sense. It's really too bad, because I'm really enjoying this save.

Next season

Next season I will have a part-time team with players on full-time contracts, so the finances will continue to detoriate and they will only train twice a week. I'll give it a try, but I'm afraid this save is DOA :-(

Olot_Y3_BestXI.png

57187799.png.5c9dbf5cd121b0c90c09bc7cabc608c0.png

Kids Tâmpa Brasov 2024/2025

Finances  Facilities  Transfers  Squad I Squad II

Liga II Casa Pariurilor

League.thumb.PNG.150baca1b95c9963f7cac4d98477698e.PNG

Relegation Group

RelegationGroup.thumb.PNG.6474d25746d150da84de09fe5f1fe6b0.PNG

It was a fairly quiet season, we started picking up points early on and escaping the most problematic places in the table, finishing 8th in the regular phase.
In January, one of our best players (who already wanted to leave) left for 425k +40% of the next transfer, not a bad deal even though we were still in the red.
In the relegation phase, we finished with 5 wins and only 1 defeat, coming 1st in the group.
The board allowed me to get my National C licence and it was the only upgrade I got this season.

Cupa Românei -  We entered the competition very early and with it some squad rotation. It didn't go well and we were knocked out by a League III team in the First Stage Second Round.

Under 19 - They didn't take part in any league.

Youth Intake

YIP25.thumb.PNG.ef4d1331de293606857f24002f640b00.PNG

YI25.PNG.9108505a0758da359bbb7555ad7c5c88.PNG

Biro25-1.thumb.PNG.f0f16e5b1c07aa6cb8825d4d8763b1de.PNG

Andrei25-2.thumb.PNG.8a88b63fbc5e9ded30b9fbe5f2b41ea2.PNG

We're in dire need of quality centre-backs, but this intake didn't have much of that.
However, we had four talented players, even if their personalities weren't the best.
Biró will definitely get some minutes on the left side of defence, while Andrei will be on the striker role.

Sheet.thumb.PNG.56d1f88424f7e962b24eda7df59b9a59.PNG

Edited by The7Striker

5 hours ago, WhiteCat33 said:

@Anners Happy to help :) I almost got Rangers though, literally 3 points off the relegation playoff! Hope St johnstone make some massive transfers in the summer now that they survived the season. How many seasons do you think till they top the league wagebill and transfer expenditure?

Did your losing streak coincide with the start of European matches, cause first year in the CL getting hammered every week would explain things.

What a tasty intake with 2 Professional Attackers with almost maxed out PA! I'd have to think at least one will pan out for you at this point in the save, probably both for at least squad-level players. Any Player screenshots to share?

They're actually 2nd in wage bill already - they just only performed that one season it looks like. They don't seem to have any particularly great players, just seem to be overpaying really.

I'd actually played 3 already - I thought I'd struggle before I did but I lost 2-0 to Hearts and then just completely imploded! I wasn't getting hammered either, was fairly close games.

Huber and Cook here. Look decent prospects! Currid and Barr also, just because it was a fairly decent intake.

I still have 3 more years left of Kieran Pick at the moment too, trying my best to keep ahold but has a £20.5m minimum fee clause to UCL clubs:

057PickGoalkeeperCurrent.PNG.298574d18cc87251599f5de2e35e3391.PNG

18 minutes ago, Anners said:

They're actually 2nd in wage bill already - they just only performed that one season it looks like. They don't seem to have any particularly great players, just seem to be overpaying really.

I'd actually played 3 already - I thought I'd struggle before I did but I lost 2-0 to Hearts and then just completely imploded! I wasn't getting hammered either, was fairly close games.

Huber and Cook here. Look decent prospects! Currid and Barr also, just because it was a fairly decent intake.

I still have 3 more years left of Kieran Pick at the moment too, trying my best to keep ahold but has a £20.5m minimum fee clause to UCL clubs:

057PickGoalkeeperCurrent.PNG.298574d18cc87251599f5de2e35e3391.PNG

What a great GK at only 20! The way I've held onto all my players is the DoF trick to drop the fee release clauses when I renegotiate contracts. Sure, I overpay all my players significantly, but in Barbados you don't get surplus talent that's for sure. At least you were able to get him up to 20M so you won't get totally robbed like @XaW - Porto stole that playmaker.

What an attacking generation to look forward to as well. 

image.png.5595e61933bff8f469d89041734dadeb.png

Rein Meer AKA ReinBerg - Season 5 - Japan J3 League - End of Year Review

League

Some progress again, while it isn't in the playoffs we have improved over last season. Our end of season form was a bit disappointing as turning one of those losses (in the last two games) into a win and we would have snuck into the playoffs. We also had the frustrating dip in the middle of the season, not sure what went wrong, as it wasn't obvious injuries or anything obvious.

image.thumb.png.411cf27fa66711919316b014d02c097c.png

image.thumb.png.16f18ae7f8ed4bd38ce1e9676377ebae.png

Squad

I mentioned in the mid year review that we have started to integrate some of the youth academy players and they have settled in pretty well. Mitsuki Kojima (YP04A) has established himself as our strongest Centre Back already at the young age of 16. Kazutoshi Sasaki (YP04G) was a nice surprise as my best winger this season, chipping in with a few goals and was the assist leader in the team. Tatsuya Tanaka (YP04B) has been very strong in the later half of the season and has become my starting Deep Laying Playmaker. Those 3 in particular have been regulars and have performed to a pretty good standard overall. So my 'Golden Generation' has definitely been a big boon to the team, AND they can only get better!

image.thumb.png.82d89a42248f55bba660c9843a03b1ad.png

image.thumb.png.6fe903c325ec8641501aa9f463a8e66a.png

Finances

Still pretty comfortable on the finances side, partly as my board still keep rejecting any request I make to improve Youth Recruitment or Junior Coaching.

image.thumb.png.b2a1c48d52973d05f7cc3cde29ecd863.png

Other News

We did not ask for this, but we got a senior affiliate in Kawasaki Frontale. The annual fee will be nice and the friendly could be interesting in terms of generating some gate receipts. Hopefully they don't send us any loans, as if they do they will have to get cancelled or go in the reserves.

image.thumb.png.96afae133bd7e240f3e9202d03847739.png

Edited by glennuk

10 hours ago, WhiteCat33 said:

What a great GK at only 20! The way I've held onto all my players is the DoF trick to drop the fee release clauses when I renegotiate contracts. Sure, I overpay all my players significantly, but in Barbados you don't get surplus talent that's for sure. At least you were able to get him up to 20M so you won't get totally robbed like @XaW - Porto stole that playmaker.

What an attacking generation to look forward to as well. 

Yeah, he was amazing for us, last season he had 18 assists from central midfield... Luckily, central midfield is not the position I struggle to fill out the numbers, but he was probably the best one.

058PickSale.PNG.1179b655bfff4f6d203dc9ce2ca7ca32.PNG

He's with us for the rest of the season (I'm in the January transfer window), but considering his minimum fee clause to UCL clubs, I wanted to make sure there's an opportunity of another windfall in a few years.

He'll join fellow Tranent product Thomas Scott at Real Madrid, who is looking quite... scary. If another one of my guys ends up at Real Madrid, then I might just change our name to Real Tranent at this point.

AK7aPaD9faKrTFCtobUljkx7DAvu5w_Rbxaf0Oiq

Kavala Football Club / Αθλητικός Όμιλος Καβάλα

Season 7 - 2030/31

Schedule / Squad / Transfers / Finances / Manager

Season Summary: unlike last season, this time we struggled during the first half, lingering around relegation spots for a while. Our first win came only after 10 matches; however, we managed to secure victories in 5 of our last 8 games. With that, we entered the relegation phase with a comfortable advantage, losing only one match in the second part of the season and finishing once again safe from relegation.

Stefanos Karypidis 29c was our most consistent player and Ilias Manafis 27e was our top goalscorer with 12 goals, in a season where our all-time top goalscorer Gekas was released.

We've been putting around 10 to 14 players in every call up for the internacional youth teams. Kabiotis 29a and Pindonis 28f were both called up to represent Greece in the U21 European Championship this summer.

For the first time we managed to sell a player for a 1 million+ €. Tasos Laspatzis 28c left the club to join AEK for around 1.8 million euros, with a 30% of the profit from the next sale.

AEYmBYRQPICD2kHvpUjMBEhMl40JHhzL-SOmoubD

Youth intake: as one of the best youth academies in Greece, we produced once again a great youth intake, with the most interesting prospects being Vangelis Danidis 31aVasilis Soumoulidis 31bAlexandros Konstantinidis 31cAlexandros Donis 31d and Nikos Kavalieris 31e.

Team history:

image.png.c411e939aab1ec890f8802ea88a8c0c4.png

Manager history:

image.thumb.png.0d7a21ff516313c5962c12ab209d5e84.png

21 minutes ago, The7Striker said:

Not possible, as there is no relegation from the second tier.

@XaW The rule still stands, right?

Yea, if there are no relegation the league is not eligible for this challenge.

11 hours ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

Hey lads. When was the last time any of you saw Newgen brothers come through intakes?

I know it used to be in the game and I know Youth Only saves are more likely to see it. Anything in recent issues of the game? 

I have two brothers on my team. They are somehow both called Kadeem Jamerson. I don't know what the parents were thinking? The oldest brother has a great potential while the younger is quite poor.

In FM23 I actually had a father and son on my team. The father was a great club legend who was with me and scored goals from the National League North up to the Champions League. 1 or 2 seasons before his retirement his son came through my youth intake. However, the son was sadly quite poor too. The only first team minutes the son played was when I substituted both the son and the father on the pitch in the last league game before the father's retirement.

Edited by fries

5 minutes ago, fries said:

I have two brothers on my team. They are somehow both called Kadeem Jamerson. I don't know what the parents were thinking? The oldest brother has a great potential while the younger is quite poor.

In FM23 I actually had a father and son on my team. The father was a great club legend who was with me and scored goals from the National League North up to the Champions League. 1 or 2 seasons before his retirement his son came through my youth intake. However, the son was sadly quite poor too. The only first team minutes the son played was when I substituted both the son and the father on the pitch in the last league game before the father's retirement.

That's brilliant stuff. :applause:

On 18/11/2023 at 20:41, The_Gato_In_Goal said:

logo.png

Haringey Borough - Review Season 6

This was the year everything clicked! The lineup was the same, but an extra year of gelling (and finally some green links between players) took our performances up a notch. We had a great midseason run and finished 5th in the league. We won the first round of the playoffs but lost in the semi finals to Wealdstone. It was a tight game and the 3-0 scoreline flattered them. We scored the 4th most goals in the league with 100 and we're a midtable defense with 78 conceded. Surprisingly our average attendance was 8th best at 905. We never used to have good attendance, but being established in the league helped I guess, as does being in the center of London. Next year we'll aim for another promotion push, but we managed to get another year older and I don't mind have more time in the VNS to build our club.

image.png.89c914c7eeb793ad961ac4a43f8f4475.png 

Our midseason form coincided with 2 amazing cup runs. We spent about 500k on training facility upgrades, but made most of it back with cup runs. We managed to draw at home to L1 Wrexham in the FA Cup first round, and followed it up with a narrow 1-0 loss on the road that gave us a ton of money. We we're unlucky to draw the first game to be honest and should have advanced then and there. They scored an injury time goal to tie and we had 2.08 xG. Then the FA Trophy run was even better. We beat 4 VNL sides on our way to the final, which was against a Farnborough side that finished 14th in our division. A lucky draw that we couldn't do enough to make count as we lost on penalties after tying the game up in the 118th minute after sending everyone forward in an all-out attack. We were the better team so it was a tough loss to take when we had made it so close. Ultimately, we won 3 shootouts to make it that far and couldn't win the 4th.

image.png.d69773435f1e6100d75d423d003272bb.png

image.png.6ca63cbda420df6147c194999ac782d7.png

Top 3 performers:

Reveal hidden contents

image.thumb.png.0dfb1c6d02dec2dd4b657a4b11e89c00.png

image.thumb.png.f1a3b6f948fc806b68445ccd66286543.png

image.thumb.png.fa0c3b74b58bd6f97310c073a7dda5a9.png

image.thumb.png.dae68561e0694bec8856690727271569.png

Spent a ton on training facility upgrades, but still looking healthy. Our wage budget is still low, but we can't afford any more youth recruitment upgrades until we get promoted or else the club will hemorrhage money.

image.png.c1f4a505e5d4cad5e968cd4d8e44e2ed.png

image.png.4e46de1e05f48f45733b552e10ac1f42.png

Got 1.2k to let Smith 02a leave a month early.

image.thumb.png.ef02b966a4250d44c22e883f1f482c20.png

It's been nearly a month, but I'm back playing the save again. Will start updating again this week

27 minutes ago, XaW said:

image.png.ce2f68d82582ec459837fa9920ab632e.png

XaW - Ubuntu Cape Town FC - Season 2030/31 (Season 7) - DSTV Premiership

KmnBwB7.png

Squad | Transfers | Finances

Well, there it is! Finally a challenge complete for me! As soon as I got group that didn't include Mamelodi Sundowns, we got past it and won the whole damn thing! The final turned out to be quite the anti-climax as it's two-legged for some reason, and with 7-0 from the first, the away leg was a formality. And we also won the league to add a 3rd league title to our name, but I don't have a celebrations screenshot since we won it when Orlando Pirates lost while we played a continental match. All in all, I've had great fun in South Africa, and I actually really like the league. 3 domestic cups every season is a bit over the top, but other than that, some fun teams, players with fun names, and just a good time. @darren1983 you can finally add me to the list again! :D 

Z6wLxYK.png

My top 3 pick of players this season are:

1. Michael Sibeko 26c - An amazing season in central midfield. 25 goals from there is Lampardesque!
2. Sheldon Marumo 27f - Excellent out wide for us this season. Scores almost always important goals too.
3. David Xulu 26f - My personal favourite player this whole save. Just scores and scores and scores. Made the striker position a very easy choice for me from early on.

Nedbank Cup: We beat Baroka and Royal Eagles before we lost to Kaizer Chiefs in the quarter final.
Telkom Knockout - We lost to Swallows in the 1st round.
MTN 8 - We beat Sekhukhune Utd before we lost to Golden Arrows in the semi final.

Champions League: We beat Manonyane of Lesotho and Rayon Sports of Rwanda to reach the group stage. There we got Medeama of Ghana, Al-Hilal Omdurman of Sudan, and Al-Ahly of Egypt. We won all matches, except one loss away to Al-Ahly and thus finished top of the group. Then we beat ES Tunis of Tunisia and fellow South Africans Orlando Pirates to reach the final. There we crushed Moroccan side Raja Casablanca at home and controlled the away leg to be crowned champions!

GQKdlNg.png

9Kj3jWf.png

Around the world

LI1Pk4J.png

U21s:

JycTF38.png

They finished 7th in the Diski Challenge this season.

Diski Shield: The lost to Mamelodi Sundowns in the quarter final.

U19s:

1Woy0oz.png

They won the South African Under 19s Group 2 again!

Youth intake:

W7RD30m.png

jPDpFWl.png

2BmtXWu.png

TJ88WXO.png

m9XmdIn.png

vfrAaqZ.png

Trophy cabinet

DSTV Premiership - 3 (2027/28, 2029/30, 2030/31)
GladAfrica Championship - 1 (2025/26)

CAF Champions League - 1 (2030/31)

Nedbank Cup - 1 (2028/29)
Telkom Knockout - 1 (2027/28)

(U21) - Diski Shield - 1 (2029/30)

(U19) - South African Under 19s Group 2 - 2 (2029/30, 2030/31)

Player statistics:

Most apps for the clubs

Name				Nation		2nd Nation	Time at club	Apps
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Siphamandla Pillay 25e		South Africa	<N/A>		2025-Present	224
Michael Sibeko 26c		South Africa	Scotland	2026-Present	183
David Xulu 26f			South Africa	<N/A>		2026-Present	161
Samuel Khumalo 25g		South Africa	<N/A>		2025-Present	159
Tsepo Ngubane 25h		South Africa	<N/A>		2025-Present	158

Most goals for the club

Name				Nation		2nd Nation	Time at club	Goals
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
David Xulu 26f			South Africa	<N/A>		2026-Present	116
Samuel Khumalo 25g		South Africa	<N/A>		2025-Present	61
Michael Sibeko 26c		South Africa	Scotland	2026-Present	51
Sheldon Marumo 27f		South Africa	<N/A>		2027-Present	40
Teboho Dlamini 25b		South Africa	<N/A>		2025-2029	33

Most assists for the club

Name				Nation		2nd Nation	Time at club	Assists
Samuel Khumalo 25g		South Africa	<N/A>		2025-Present	51
Michael Sibeko 26c		South Africa	Scotland	2026-Present	45
Valentino Serfontein 26b	South Africa	<N/A>		2026-2030	39
Vusi Dhlamini 27c		South Africa	<N/A>		2027-Present	37
Thabo Makhanya 26a		South Africa	<N/A>		2026-2029	33

Supporters:

UfoyEqz.png

Summary:

fD3X7Vx.png

Congrats but I'm not gonna update the HoF just yet just to keep you waiting :lol:

Nah Have updated, well done. Fastest completion of FM24 so far  

Thanks guys! Finally on the board again! :D

I can actually really recommend South Africa as a place to try this challenge. There are a few things that annoyed me, especially the fixtures at times, with a lot of players at various youth national teams playing at the same time as the Champions League matches as one example. Seems quite messy, but it is a fun challenge too.

As for where to go next, I have a country and team in mind, and I'm holidaying as we speak to see if I can get them to pop up. No surprise, I'm heading back to Europe.

On 20/12/2023 at 02:44, XaW said:

Yea, if there are no relegation the league is not eligible for this challenge.

Thanks, everyone. Went with Brazil instead. Think I set it up correctly. 

Edited by JWN17

1 minute ago, Gonner said:

Congrats @XaW, you made it so quick that I still have not fully grasped the cup systems in South Africa :D

Thanks! Went fast than I had expected too!

MTN8 - A knockout cup with the top 8 teams in the top tier last season.
Nedbank Cup - South African FA Cup
Telkom Knockout - Sort of like a League Cup, but only for teams from the top tier

1 hour ago, XaW said:

image.png.ce2f68d82582ec459837fa9920ab632e.png

XaW - Ubuntu Cape Town FC - Season 2030/31 (Season 7) - DSTV Premiership

KmnBwB7.png

Squad | Transfers | Finances

Well, there it is! Finally a challenge complete for me! As soon as I got group that didn't include Mamelodi Sundowns, we got past it and won the whole damn thing! The final turned out to be quite the anti-climax as it's two-legged for some reason, and with 7-0 from the first, the away leg was a formality. And we also won the league to add a 3rd league title to our name, but I don't have a celebrations screenshot since we won it when Orlando Pirates lost while we played a continental match. All in all, I've had great fun in South Africa, and I actually really like the league. 3 domestic cups every season is a bit over the top, but other than that, some fun teams, players with fun names, and just a good time. @darren1983 you can finally add me to the list again! :D 

Z6wLxYK.png

My top 3 pick of players this season are:

1. Michael Sibeko 26c - An amazing season in central midfield. 25 goals from there is Lampardesque!
2. Sheldon Marumo 27f - Excellent out wide for us this season. Scores almost always important goals too.
3. David Xulu 26f - My personal favourite player this whole save. Just scores and scores and scores. Made the striker position a very easy choice for me from early on.

Nedbank Cup: We beat Baroka and Royal Eagles before we lost to Kaizer Chiefs in the quarter final.
Telkom Knockout - We lost to Swallows in the 1st round.
MTN 8 - We beat Sekhukhune Utd before we lost to Golden Arrows in the semi final.

Champions League: We beat Manonyane of Lesotho and Rayon Sports of Rwanda to reach the group stage. There we got Medeama of Ghana, Al-Hilal Omdurman of Sudan, and Al-Ahly of Egypt. We won all matches, except one loss away to Al-Ahly and thus finished top of the group. Then we beat ES Tunis of Tunisia and fellow South Africans Orlando Pirates to reach the final. There we crushed Moroccan side Raja Casablanca at home and controlled the away leg to be crowned champions!

GQKdlNg.png

9Kj3jWf.png

Around the world

LI1Pk4J.png

U21s:

JycTF38.png

They finished 7th in the Diski Challenge this season.

Diski Shield: The lost to Mamelodi Sundowns in the quarter final.

U19s:

1Woy0oz.png

They won the South African Under 19s Group 2 again!

Youth intake:

W7RD30m.png

jPDpFWl.png

2BmtXWu.png

TJ88WXO.png

m9XmdIn.png

vfrAaqZ.png

Trophy cabinet

DSTV Premiership - 3 (2027/28, 2029/30, 2030/31)
GladAfrica Championship - 1 (2025/26)

CAF Champions League - 1 (2030/31)

Nedbank Cup - 1 (2028/29)
Telkom Knockout - 1 (2027/28)

(U21) - Diski Shield - 1 (2029/30)

(U19) - South African Under 19s Group 2 - 2 (2029/30, 2030/31)

Player statistics:

Most apps for the clubs

Name				Nation		2nd Nation	Time at club	Apps
Siphamandla Pillay 25e		South Africa	<N/A>		2025-Present	224
Michael Sibeko 26c		South Africa	Scotland	2026-Present	183
David Xulu 26f			South Africa	<N/A>		2026-Present	161
Samuel Khumalo 25g		South Africa	<N/A>		2025-Present	159
Tsepo Ngubane 25h		South Africa	<N/A>		2025-Present	158

Most goals for the club

Name				Nation		2nd Nation	Time at club	Goals
David Xulu 26f			South Africa	<N/A>		2026-Present	116
Samuel Khumalo 25g		South Africa	<N/A>		2025-Present	61
Michael Sibeko 26c		South Africa	Scotland	2026-Present	51
Sheldon Marumo 27f		South Africa	<N/A>		2027-Present	40
Teboho Dlamini 25b		South Africa	<N/A>		2025-2029	33

Most assists for the club

Name				Nation		2nd Nation	Time at club	Assists
Samuel Khumalo 25g		South Africa	<N/A>		2025-Present	51
Michael Sibeko 26c		South Africa	Scotland	2026-Present	45
Valentino Serfontein 26b	South Africa	<N/A>		2026-2030	39
Vusi Dhlamini 27c		South Africa	<N/A>		2027-Present	37
Thabo Makhanya 26a		South Africa	<N/A>		2026-2029	33

Supporters:

UfoyEqz.png

Summary:

fD3X7Vx.png

Well done, congrats on the completion! Pretty quick as well!

Logo.png.ad9860c508784ad94f4da3a61f3a092a.png

Smethwick Rangers 2032/33

Midland Football League Premier Division

League.JPG.87ccd2b74917cb0dbf57f60de6893841.JPG

Well that was unexpected! We bounced straight back up, despite being predicted 16th. We went on a great run early on, not losing for three months straight. Went top in January and never got in any real trouble.

It does make me unsure if we can compete a level higher, this may be way too early.

Squad

Formation.JPG.6f17f3a1cc26e3ed42a5533dd5e1bae4.JPG
Squad.thumb.JPG.b828cf5a8d17cde8772e57de999f6f72.JPG

After the departure of captain Ayoola, we had to improvise at the back. Evans became the new RB, Ware moved to LB and Humphreys had his first full season as a starter.

Cian Evans is a really mediocre player but his physicals make up for that. He provided 5 goals and 9 assists, which is a lot even for a good full back!

Myers had a breakout season as well. Started the season on the bench but his good crossing ability is a perfect fit for our tactic with a Pressing Forward and Wide Targetman up front for him to cross onto.

I've rarely played a Wide Targetman but Wigley has been excellent. The man is 201cm, which I love even without looking at his attributes, and he delivered tremendously with 18 goals and 9 assists.

Feeney equalled his record tally of 42, showing that he's not even close to retiring yet.

Evans.thumb.JPG.dd6b27db1f336976355e4ff74d43809c.JPGMyers.thumb.JPG.abdf20938c1d0bec21392ef8db6a4ac9.JPGWigley.thumb.JPG.780aa765d40b910494b982d664e67c9f.JPGFeeney.thumb.JPG.7e475ca9d9c37b2297d4d5acc9c24353.JPG

Transfers

Transfers.thumb.JPG.9921ce366074f9eabfd1c04112a70943.JPG

Nelson was a decent prospect but the fit he threw after being unreasonable in the first place, led to him being offloaded to restore the peace.

Ayoola was our captain and still a good defender, but he decided it was time to move on. Out of contract, he chose to leave.

Youth intake

Youth1.JPG.c60e4b05ada60e17f359dee66727bc31.JPG
Youth2.JPG.7d8b4aabd389655df7dc3f6e0b17eda2.JPG

Same ol' same ol'. Low CA and little information about who are the better prospects. A few strikers is what we need though.

Another PF in Monaghan, but at least he has a lot of pace. Rainey is better as a striker and with some finishing / composure training he could fill Feeneys boots some day.

Not sure what to expect from Baldvinsson just yet, but we don't really have a lot of ball-winners so he could be useful soon.

A decent goalkeeper in Wood. We already have 6 of them -_-

YMonaghan.JPG.1ff35b0c3eaa050ebbfaf9f164f86e50.JPGYRainey.JPG.fee1ca20f15eaecc510df19ade207230.JPGYBaldvinsson.JPG.4376864fcfe41b03c8b67c779c4e75b2.JPGYWood.JPG.0bf9f39ab524f00dfea9eac2bfd0271b.JPG