The FM24 Youth Academy Challenge

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Braumiller said:

image.png.58efeb0d556e692728771a7b970172d4.png

With how this is worded "Should be focusing on becoming a more consistent performer at this stage of his development" is there anything I can be doing to help him with that or is it purely on him?

Would love to hear if there are anyways that I have missed where I could have even a small chance of helping improve consistency.

If you have a mentor with high consistency and who will give significant influence on the mentor group consistency can be improved along with the other hidden attributes that make up personalities including big matches.

In my Perfectionist Striker mentoring group our star player and mentor Carrillo has high consistency and good big matches. Nurse (my protégé and current star striker) started with mild inconsistency and (i believe) mild big Match negative. Now he's up to neutral big match (no icon in either) and slightly positive consistency. 

I unfortunately haven't been accurately tracking those to attributes so can't show any data across the group, just had noticed that specific example and found it interesting. 

Not sure if good game performances for younger players help improve that as well? Same with training level, making sure they are happy with their training assignment?

1 hour ago, Potat said:

Finances and Facilities

£200k in debt, we make about £150k a year, but I went too big too soon with the youth setup which costs £220k a year which we just can't afford at this point in the save. Do I keep the setup and just accept the money loss, or scale down the setup and try to save some money?

Is it impacting your ability to sign players onto contracts? Caribbean success is all about keeping hold of players, so as long as you can do the 'next season' contract signing of non-contract players I would run the deficit.

In the carribbean you won't make enough money to improve facilities until you're regularly advancing in the CCC, so priority is to become the regular champion of your country by any means. This can easily mean running a deficit and stretching finances for a few years even letting the board do debt financing to try and cover the deficit. 

28 minutes ago, WhiteCat33 said:

Is it impacting your ability to sign players onto contracts? Caribbean success is all about keeping hold of players, so as long as you can do the 'next season' contract signing of non-contract players I would run the deficit.

In the carribbean you won't make enough money to improve facilities until you're regularly advancing in the CCC, so priority is to become the regular champion of your country by any means. This can easily mean running a deficit and stretching finances for a few years even letting the board do debt financing to try and cover the deficit. 

So far only one contract that I've been unable to sign but the player wanted 5x what anyone else earns so I dont feel bad, ill just bite the bullet on the money side and see what happens.

logo.png

Haringey Borough - Youth Intake and Youth Review Season 6

Now this one isn't as good as our last couple, although we did pick up our first Dane.

image.thumb.png.2c7279922df94e6b4e75f865b8c83f42.png

Spoiler

McGurk 06a looks like he can develop into a second choice striker who will stay at the club for a while. Only thing holding him back is the Unambitious personality.

image.thumb.png.efb8b3fb0ac1bf74294249b3df024fc2.png

Spoiler

Joynes 06b can play either fullback or center back and has a solid technical base.

image.thumb.png.e16541ce359c22c98ad289a12e0a7cdd.png

Youth Update

Class of 2024

Brian Inglis - Seems to be enjoying the Queensland Premier League in Australia,

Class of 2025

Callum Graham 01a - Managed to stay at the VNN level and has played 33 matches for Basford who will be relegated back out of the playable leagues.

Johnny Rea 01b - Averaging a 5.53 in the second tier of Northern Ireland is rough.

Colin Morgan 01c - He's a solid BWM and we don't ask him to do much more. Has put in some good performances on the pitch and in training.

Kenneth John 01d - Lighting it up in the lower divisons in Nigeria on an amateur contract.

Matthew Freeman 01e - Gloucester took him off our non contract deal, and he's not performed great.

Rayon Messam 01j - Continues to be the most unlikeliest of heroes, but he's gonna win fans player of the season with double digit goals and assists and a 7.44 rating in all comps.

Class of 2026

Oliver Smith 02a - Still committed to leave on a free after this season. I hope he reconsiders, but we have 2 young left backs behind him waiting for the chance to breakout.

Paul Banton 02b - Left the youth teams at Worthing to play for Merthyr.

Dylan Wilson 02c - World class mentals and not much else. We had to fork out lots of money to keep him at the club, but he's under contract for 2 years now.

Gonçalo Paulo 02d - Underhwelming when he did get a chance, will be released this June.

Gregory Griffith 02e - We can't see his attributes since he's all the way up in L1 now playing for Blackpool's youth teams after leavign Southend's youth teams.

Ryan Camm 02f - Developed quite well in spite of his personality; averaging a 7.02 from center back helps. He's scored 10 goals in all comps this season just from corners with the 6'5" height and 18 jumping reach.

Class of 2027

Aaron Porter 03a - Must be near his PA, since no bigger teams are interested in him despite scoring another 20 goals this season.

Kemar Cox 03b - Also seems close to his PA, since his attributes have stayed the same this season despite good training and good performances (7.11 rating in the league).

Armando Sargeant 03c - Looks to pick up where SMith 02a left off next season.

Dean Murray 03d - He was this level when he came through the intake, so must have no PA since a Resolute personality + >7.20 performances in the league would have seen some development by now.

Deno Jeffers 03e - Playing way down the English ladder now.

Alex Nicholls 03h - Good partner to Camm 02f, but I'm hoping a new kid can supplant him, since he's stopped developing technically and his physicals still aren't great.

Calvin Swift 03l - Still think he's much better than my assistants give him credit for, but hard to find any minutes in our deep midfield.

Thomas Badu 03m - Not getting any better, so we'll let him go.

Class of 2028

Ammar Al-Kindi 04a - Won't improve at all with that personality, but has been playing well enough to get rotation minutes.

Jonathan Purrington 04b - Will benefits from more backup minutes when Smith 02a leaves.

Razark Ashimeru 04c - Really like the look of him, has gotten the majority of the backup minute sin midfield this year.

Yannick Ongenda 04d - Has been rotating with Worrell 05f and will continue to do so until one of them takes that step forward.

Robin Hamilton O'Hara 04f - Really need those physicals to improve.

Luke Evans 04h - Has finally shown signs of improvement, but we're thin in defense so he will keep his rotation place for now.

Vaughan Southernwood 04i - Been fine in backup minutes and I still like his potential, if he can reach it.

Class of 2029

Ally Paterson 05a - Ignore the red arrows, he's actually developed fine this year and had a high floor. Unfortunately, it looks like his potential isn't really there.

Josh Ross 05b - Got a chunk of minutes this year and is looking decent.

Alex Mehmet 05c - Another 16 year old who's played a ton this year, but hasn't put it together yet.

Reeco Worrell 05f - Has been the first choice of our rotating GKs and has played ok for a 17 year old GK.

Peter Mutero 05h - Our lack of defensive depth meant he was an unlikely candidate for rotation minutes and played ok. He's tall and can jump, so that's all I need for center backs.

Edited by The_Gato_In_Goal

5 hours ago, darren1983 said:

You are correct. 1 league countries are not eligible for this challenge. 

Ah ****, didn't know that. Bummers, I was having a torrid time in that save anyway. Time to leave it. Do Indonesia or Malaysia have 2 leagues in FM24? 

Hello fellow Managers,

I started earlier today with this challenge and might upload some pictures later - I rerolled sometimes and narrowed it down to two clubs... Club number one was the austrian side SV Austria Salzburg to have the battle against the big evil RB Salzburg to try and stop there attack on the football we like - the other team was Macclesfield FC in the freshly promoted to the Vanarama National League North. I picked Macclesfield after there downfall to bring them back up. Me,  a random german bloke heard about there struggles years ago and I want to help. Mediaprediction is 16 wich gave me hope to stay in the League. Right now after 9 matches we lead the league. We will see where we get in the end - I hope for a lomgterm approach instead of getting back to back promotions.

After the last meeting with the board I knew it would be very difficult to turn the tie. 

It wasn't to be. one match and another loss later and i was done.

image.png.4b5792c5ba9a65682a705191142da350.png

finalmatch.PNG.deebb29fd636f5d329e423c66610ff84.PNG

This was the match that put the final nail in my coffin.

To paint the picture, they were first in the league with 11 wins, 1 draw and 0 losses. We were last with 8 points total.

When we went up 0-1 against them I dared to hope. Would this be the turning point of the season.

When we went up 0-2 I could not believe my eyes. I was FMíng my way to a miraculous revival of our season.

and then they remembered they were good. Soon they realised we were not and in ten minutes time my dreams where shattered.

and that was all she wrote.

Onwards to the next adventure!

20 minutes ago, karax268 said:

After the last meeting with the board I knew it would be very difficult to turn the tie. 

It wasn't to be. one match and another loss later and i was done.

image.png.4b5792c5ba9a65682a705191142da350.png

finalmatch.PNG.deebb29fd636f5d329e423c66610ff84.PNG

This was the match that put the final nail in my coffin.

To paint the picture, they were first in the league with 11 wins, 1 draw and 0 losses. We were last with 8 points total.

When we went up 0-1 against them I dared to hope. Would this be the turning point of the season.

When we went up 0-2 I could not believe my eyes. I was FMíng my way to a miraculous revival of our season.

and then they remembered they were good. Soon they realised we were not and in ten minutes time my dreams where shattered.

and that was all she wrote.

Onwards to the next adventure!

Brutal way to go

1 hour ago, carlowsaint19 said:

Wondering how you are all dealing with these squad depth issues, my squad are very unhappy at the moment, but dont think there is anything I can do (they are pissed that I have no defenders)

20231118210205_1.jpg

I ignore it. If you start doing well, everyone just sort of forgets about it!

1 hour ago, carlowsaint19 said:

Wondering how you are all dealing with these squad depth issues, my squad are very unhappy at the moment, but dont think there is anything I can do (they are pissed that I have no defenders)

20231118210205_1.jpg

A bit like what Brentmeister said - I just kept saying something to do with youth products, but it does tend to go away after a little bit.

11 minutes ago, BustaRaymes said:

Just out of curiosity; there are edited databases around that open up the Dutch First Division for relegation, would that make it eligible for this challenge? I suppose not as it's an invented scenario, right?

I believe the country is still not allowed regardless, although I don't think theres any currently

1 hour ago, Brentmeister said:

I ignore it. If you start doing well, everyone just sort of forgets about it!

1 hour ago, Anners said:

A bit like what Brentmeister said - I just kept saying something to do with youth products, but it does tend to go away after a little bit.

Thanks both, have been on a big unbeaten run in the league and like you said, the moaning has gone away.

Sadly my initial youth intake preview looks awful

20231118235714_1.jpg

Was behind on my updates and then......

Soo frustrated. I decided to ask the board for a youth upgrade. They said only if you say you will play youth.

I played youth every game.....got fired for NEVER playing youth???????

Feel like it must be a bug, as I even went back to an earlier save. Set my lineup to only youth players. Simmed until end of the season and still the same message.

SO PSA: I guess never promise to give youth a chance.

image.thumb.png.b4a5f809cbd3e2e5149ec7691ff450f7.png

Will probably restart in Japan. But just sooooo annoyed. Things had just started going well with Honda.....

Started again already, but can anyone remind me what to do with a pre-arranged transfer (was a free transfer with the player joining at the end of his contract) that I can not cancel?

Do I try to sell the player ASAP? Leave in reserves? Try to loan out? Or I think I read somewhere I can play them, but cant find it now....

3 hours ago, glennuk said:

Started again already, but can anyone remind me what to do with a pre-arranged transfer (was a free transfer with the player joining at the end of his contract) that I can not cancel?

Do I try to sell the player ASAP? Leave in reserves? Try to loan out? Or I think I read somewhere I can play them, but cant find it now....

If it was done before you joined the club then he's yours to use, right?

5 hours ago, glennuk said:

Was behind on my updates and then......

Soo frustrated. I decided to ask the board for a youth upgrade. They said only if you say you will play youth.

I played youth every game.....got fired for NEVER playing youth???????

Feel like it must be a bug, as I even went back to an earlier save. Set my lineup to only youth players. Simmed until end of the season and still the same message.

SO PSA: I guess never promise to give youth a chance.

image.thumb.png.b4a5f809cbd3e2e5149ec7691ff450f7.png

Will probably restart in Japan. But just sooooo annoyed. Things had just started going well with Honda.....

that is crazy, promises need to be avoided at all costs by the looks of things in FM24 

30 minutes ago, Brentmeister said:

I started a new save and joined as manager on 15th January. I cancelled one of the existing transfers (the player was still debating the contract offer). However there was already a free transfer agreement for a player to join on 1st February when his contract expired. I had no option to cancel that one.

Not playing him for now, but he would be my 2nd choice winger if I can. @Darren1982or @XaWany clarity on this? I keep searching but maybe I'm using the wrong search terms

4 minutes ago, carlowsaint19 said:

that is crazy, promises need to be avoided at all costs by the looks of things in FM24 

Yeh I was at the end of season 3 and just had my best youth intake yet. Got to excellent training facilities and things in the save were looking up.....

When I went back and holidayed through an older save with the promise already in place I had 13 games left in the season and used only youth players.....still the same response from the board 🤔

1 hour ago, glennuk said:

Yeh I was at the end of season 3 and just had my best youth intake yet. Got to excellent training facilities and things in the save were looking up.....

When I went back and holidayed through an older save with the promise already in place I had 13 games left in the season and used only youth players.....still the same response from the board 🤔

Likely worth reporting as a bug, so unfortunate

5 hours ago, glennuk said:

1 hour ago, Brentmeister said:

1 hour ago, glennuk said:

I started a new save and joined as manager on 15th January. I cancelled one of the existing transfers (the player was still debating the contract offer). However there was already a free transfer agreement for a player to join on 1st February when his contract expired. I had no option to cancel that one.

Not playing him for now, but he would be my 2nd choice winger if I can. @Darren1982or @XaWany clarity on this? I keep searching but maybe I'm using the wrong search terms

Any player signed before you take over, and you can't cancel, is yours to use. It's no different from players already at the club when you take over.

Any plyer the club sign after you've taken over can't be used.

Next time you are having a tough time with this challenge, just remember you could be Cheltenham in my save.

Screenshot2023-11-19132909.thumb.png.3608413788c94908d81827d2e8f79062.png

After being relegated from League One last season with only 14 points, 38 defeats and 124 goals conceded they were probably hoping for a better start in League Two...

Screenshot2023-11-19132923.thumb.png.42e474fc96722fa93870e11f334bad74.png

Where they are currently on course to conceded about 150 goals and have lost 12 from 13!