FM24: Manchester United - Same old problems?

sedge11

11 hours ago, Gee_Simpson said:

Yes, scouting is awful this year. There are so many players I have thought to myself why on earth haven't the scouts found this guy? They are literally useless. I have had to rely on manually scouting certain players myself. For example I bought Andre in my Benfica save but I don't think my scouts would have found him if I didn't manually scout him myself. Got him for £13.5m which was an absolute bargain.

Its game breaking and its making me not want to play it. Past FM's within first few weeks, most of the prem players have reports, this one, barely 1 or 2 per team, might have to manually scout teams to see if players are good. Sympathies with anyone using attribute masking and having to put more effort in. 

He's a good player, can't wait to see how he turns out in the latter years, if they fix scouting that is... 

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, BigV said:

Its game breaking and its making me not want to play it. Past FM's within first few weeks, most of the prem players have reports, this one, barely 1 or 2 per team, might have to manually scout teams to see if players are good. Sympathies with anyone using attribute masking and having to put more effort in. 

He's a good player, can't wait to see how he turns out in the latter years, if they fix scouting that is... 

I usually use attribute masking but really glad I didn't this time. 

Edited by Gee_Simpson

Finished my first season and scraped 5th after settling on a style of play and formation that worked.

Made it to the Semi's of the CL losing to Bayern, lost the Carabao Cup Final to Liverpool and knocked out of the FA Cup in the Quarter final.

However, managed to get Hojlund scoring finishing with 26 in all competitons.

On 19/01/2024 at 11:35, BigV said:

Seems if you manually set up multiple recruitment focuses helps things a bit.

7 minutes ago, Gee_Simpson said:

Seems if you manually set up multiple recruitment focuses helps things a bit.

I watched a few YT vids and found one quite useful. So for wonderkids or youth, do each age group instead of doing 15-18 or 15-21, so do 15-15, 16-16 etc. till 18. Then every 2 weeks or month, redo and set it again. Look in the progress tab instead of the near matches or recommendation and pick which ones seem "viable". 

But for general scouting for teams I may try that, also managed to scout every prem, champ, laliga, ligue 1 french and seria A, nearly took a month in game for every report :D

Into the next season now finally getting rumblings and rumours of a takeover by a rich tycoon hopefully it goes through! max transfer budget i've had so far has been £50 million unless i sell a load of players.

Signed a lot of under 21 players so my under 21's is stacked lol

ETH is at Inter on my save, Pep just got sacked with city down in 9th.  Rooney is at Everton about to get sacked.

Edited by matt_west

Finished my second season with a treble, albeit not THE treble. Won both domestic cups and the Premier League beating Liverpool on the final day 3-0 to clinch it.

Really enjoying the save and still having a good core of the original side in the starting eleven but with some notable sales including Fernandes. Hojlund still scoring well but need a back up striker going into the next season.

Leonardo as DOF made some good signings especially from the Barcelona B side for my U21s.

Competitions.png

DOF.png

Hojlund.png

Transfers.png

Anyone got any good recommendations for a backup striker or rotation one? Someone who will actually be rotation too, can be someone young but Hojlund will be my main striker going forward. 

Martial doesn't cut it at all

1 hour ago, BigV said:

Anyone got any good recommendations for a backup striker or rotation one? Someone who will actually be rotation too, can be someone young but Hojlund will be my main striker going forward. 

Can't go wrong with Marcos Leonardo.

13 saat önce, TheTinkerMan said:

Finished my second season with a treble, albeit not THE treble. Won both domestic cups and the Premier League beating Liverpool on the final day 3-0 to clinch it.

Really enjoying the save and still having a good core of the original side in the starting eleven but with some notable sales including Fernandes. Hojlund still scoring well but need a back up striker going into the next season.

Leonardo as DOF made some good signings especially from the Barcelona B side for my U21s.

Competitions.png

DOF.png

Hojlund.png

Transfers.png

Did dof signed all this transfers??

13 hours ago, Gee_Simpson said:

They wanted 45m, want someone less than 30, preferably lower than 20. Had a brazillian on transfer list but the guy wanted 200k and starting, from saudi so that was a no go. Also want someone whos all around, can dribble, can pass and has some sort of heading bility. 

Also getting a youngster in means he wont develop as well cause he wont get a lot of game time, want an experienced head. 

9 hours ago, BigV said:

They wanted 45m, want someone less than 30, preferably lower than 20. Had a brazillian on transfer list but the guy wanted 200k and starting, from saudi so that was a no go. Also want someone whos all around, can dribble, can pass and has some sort of heading bility. 

Also getting a youngster in means he wont develop as well cause he wont get a lot of game time, want an experienced head. 

Fair enough 👍🏻

Wouldn't really know who to recommend tbh 😅

4 hours ago, Gee_Simpson said:

Fair enough 👍🏻

Wouldn't really know who to recommend tbh 😅

A big struggle to find, looked high and low, would be miles better if I had reports to look at :D

Im also struggling to get an Inside forward to score from the left side, regardless if I go short- direct or slow to high tempo, garnacho is completely inefective down the left, once I stick him on the right as a winger or upfront, he's a new player all together, it's so weird. Might have to see how rashford does up front. 

5 hours ago, BigV said:

A big struggle to find, looked high and low, would be miles better if I had reports to look at :D

Im also struggling to get an Inside forward to score from the left side, regardless if I go short- direct or slow to high tempo, garnacho is completely inefective down the left, once I stick him on the right as a winger or upfront, he's a new player all together, it's so weird. Might have to see how rashford does up front. 

Yeah the lack of reports is so frustrating. I hope it's fixed for the January window patch. 

On 21/01/2024 at 22:01, BigV said:

I watched a few YT vids and found one quite useful. So for wonderkids or youth, do each age group instead of doing 15-18 or 15-21, so do 15-15, 16-16 etc. till 18. Then every 2 weeks or month, redo and set it again. Look in the progress tab instead of the near matches or recommendation and pick which ones seem "viable". 

But for general scouting for teams I may try that, also managed to scout every prem, champ, laliga, ligue 1 french and seria A, nearly took a month in game for every report :D

Can you link the video if its allowed? Struggled with scouting since they introduced the new scouting feature to but more so this year

29 minutes ago, Chapman7 said:

Can you link the video if its allowed? Struggled with scouting since they introduced the new scouting feature to but more so this year

Sent you a DM :thup:

On 27/01/2024 at 03:36, BigV said:

Maximilian Beier can cover both of those positions well. He can be signed for a reasonable sum.

Edited by Hog

On 25/01/2024 at 21:44, BigV said:

Barbosa maybe? He's 27/28 so not young but not old wages should be reasonable only on £65k at Flamengo, Dybala could also do it but wages would be higher much higher but may be available for cheap as think he has a release clause of around £20 million I believe in first season so depends on the season your in 

On 27/01/2024 at 02:36, BigV said:

You tried Tammy? I got him for 21m and 100k a week in Newcastle save

8 hours ago, oakesypvfc said:

You tried Tammy? I got him for 21m and 100k a week in Newcastle save

Tammy Abraham? interesting, perfect all around player to have as a rotation if hes that cheap. 

8 hours ago, DannyFM87 said:

Sorry to be off topic. But what do people mean when they say lack of scout reports? I haven't managed to play much of Fm24 as of yet

When you scout a region or country or whatever place, you barely get recommendations (can be different for everyone, some people will, some people won't) and that's even with lowering the PA/CA stars when you're setting your scouting up. 

Usually we'd expect some results depending on the assignment but very rarely does it pick up players you know should be picked up. For example, ive got 3 scouts scouting the prem for 2* for each CA/PA and I've had 2 come in as recommendations and 28 in progress when infact I should get pretty much everyone with a few exceptions or at least a basic report of most. This is within 3 months and so i've had to scout everyone manually which was done within 2-3 weeks in game. 

So if you're wonderkid hunting, the chances are you wont find everyone you'd usually find and you could miss some real talents out there, but you'll still find a few like I have. 

Season 3 finished up and retained the Premier League trophy but added the big one, Champions League beating Arsenal 2-0 in the final.

Surprisingly Dalot won himself a few awards, Hojlund & Moukoko rotate really well together bagging plenty of goals.

Screenshot 2024-02-04 153831.png

Dalot 2.png

Dalot.png

Where do you play Martinez? Find he struggles in this FM as a CB as BPD which should be very fitting for his attributes. Am considering him as a IWB - S 

5 hours ago, BigV said:

Libero, DM but I do primarily use BPD but like yourself his ratings do often swing one way or the other. 

Not used him as Libero or DM. Used Varane as the Libero when I did have that role in my tactic. Restarted my save as wasn't happy how the team were playing particularly Martinez and Onana 

5 hours ago, Chapman7 said:

Not used him as Libero or DM. Used Varane as the Libero when I did have that role in my tactic. Restarted my save as wasn't happy how the team were playing particularly Martinez and Onana 

He's perfect as a libero but cause its such a niche role, you need other players to cover positions. I usually use it in big games to spring a tactical surprise and hasn't let me down yet. Onana never got a buff after his inter season which is crazy but kinda correct cause he's not doing great irl now, always replaceable- im getting diogo costa in my 2nd season. 

2 hours ago, ThanatosAFC said:

Gore & Fitzgerald good enough to keep around?

Fitzgerald has dynamic potential so its different every save, his potential for me is decent prem player. Best you get is a very good prem player so always worth keeping around and getting the best out of him. Gore is the same but his overall attributes are very solid for an 18 year old so he'd be a great rotation/backup once he's developed abit with game time. 

How do you guys think they will work in the ineos sporting take over into FM24

Especially as i seems Sir Jim can purchase more shares and become full owner also he is putting money in so do you think a chairman status will be changed

• 2 weeks later...
On 09/02/2024 at 14:06, Matty89 said:

How do you guys think they will work in the ineos sporting take over into FM24

Especially as i seems Sir Jim can purchase more shares and become full owner also he is putting money in so do you think a chairman status will be changed

He has more shares than any one Glazer sibling as well as full control of sporting operations, so I imagine he assumes Avram's in-game role as owner. Either that or he goes down as Chairperson, with the Glazers all listed as directors.

It'll be interesting to see if Ashworth and a new recruitment head can get in before the update. Might hand them the reigns if they do.

On 25/01/2024 at 22:44, BigV said:

On 26/01/2024 at 00:42, Gee_Simpson said:

Before start of season 2 I bought M.Leonardo (he didn't score across 3 competitions, only 1 asist)   and Serhou Guirrasy (8 goals and 2 asist). Mason Mount had 11 goals and 11 asists, although

It is interested that both cost around same price 15-17mil £.

I finished 5th in PL, so tight with City and Chelasea on Champions League spot. Barca kicked me in 1/4 of CL with 4:1 at Camp nou like I don't have anyone in my defense. Diogo Costa, Dalot, Shaw and Antonio Silva anda Goncalo Ignacio in the middle with Andre (from FLU) in front of them  (Kimpembe and Lisandro was backup option) . Don't know about you guys but the hardest thing for me is to get clean sheet, so frustrated.

image.thumb.png.36da898b79a1c73959ccab99a9c05378.png

Bruno Fernandes 2 months  and Rashford 4 months injuries cost me a lot.

April was terrible

fixtures.jpg

opened a new save with the update of pr0.

Finished 2nd after great season of Marcus, Bruno and Højlund.

Mainoo is a tremendous prospect and will play regularly in the first XI next season.

image.thumb.png.0a8887b5e213ba51001623ed2e9aa620.png

No transfers on summer window.

Toni Kroos signed for free for next season and decided to sign him in January for 5 million euros for 1.5 years with an option for another season.

Ronny Bardghji additionally signed for 17.5 million euros in installments.

Maguire was sold to Newcastle for 20 million euros, Eriksen returned to Tottenham due to the signing of Kroos for 16.5 million euros

image.thumb.png.16d5e7769856927d96c7eca4749aa5f5.png

mostly played 4231 with an emphasis on high pressure and high tempo.

We won the FA Cup after a 3-1 win over Brighton

EFL Cup - loss 3-2 against Liverpool on semi final

defeated in the round of 16 of the Champions League after 1-1 and 1-0 against Real Madrid 

Future Transfers

image.thumb.png.8ff6afef5c022adf7c5c063bff6b67aa.png

Following on from here I've just resigned from West Ham United in season 2034/35 and been offered the Manchester United job.

They finished 7th but the club is a mess :D The Glazers have sold up, and the only two players remaining from the original squad are Mason Mount and Rasmus Højlund. They have a small squad, barely any academy graduates and few in the HG quota. Average squad bar 2-3 world class players, but they have the best centre back in world football - most the squad are unhappy too as they're not in the Champions League so this will be a bit of a rebuild to get United going again. One league title in 22 years...

So how are we looking after this data update then? Swimming in cash with 3 wonderkids and every defender's injury prone attribute dialled up to 20? Or broke, universally downgraded, and every defender's injury prone attribute dialled up to 20?

Mainoo should have definitely had an upgrade. The club ownership should be interesting.

Will have a look later, so am prepared to start my new Man Utd save in the next few weeks. Wasn’t happy with how my beta save went so this will be 2nd chance to build the squad.

Having made it through a surprisingly realistic 1st season (finished 7th and won a Carabao Cup), I've managed to start somewhat of a civil war with Onana with me actively trying to punt him to anyone who would take him.

4 minutes ago, Eckauskas said:

Having made it through a surprisingly realistic 1st season (finished 7th and won a Carabao Cup), I've managed to start somewhat of a civil war with Onana with me actively trying to punt him to anyone who would take him.

Interesting, I’ve found Obama to be amazing for me in FM. His important matches attribute is really high and he was the key player in our champions league final. He consistently averages 7.2 ratings across the season 

20 hours ago, chad2192 said:

Has anyone been able to see the changes for ca/pa to our players? I live in California so stuck at work for 5 more hours…

Mainoo's PA has gone to 150-180 so even at the worst you still have a solid prem player, anyone who gets the 180 range will be having one of the best midfielders in game. Attributes increased aswell. 

3 hours ago, BigV said:

Mainoo's PA has gone to 150-180 so even at the worst you still have a solid prem player, anyone who gets the 180 range will be having one of the best midfielders in game. Attributes increased aswell. 

Sounds good, I wish SI would implement custom potential ranges. For someone like Garnacho would prefer him at 150-170 PA, as I don't see him being 180 which to me is borderline generational/legend PA.

On 08/02/2024 at 19:33, BigV said:

Onana never got a buff after his inter season which is crazy but kinda correct cause he's not doing great irl now, always replaceable- im getting diogo costa in my 2nd season

I watch a lot of Serie A.  Onana was fantastic last season.  I think thought and think Maignan is better, but Onana was fantastic last season.  I do think Onana has been much better after a "shaky" (to be very generous) first 2 months.  I still have high regard and hope for him IRL.  

Edited by DominicForza
typo

9 minutes ago, DominicForza said:

I watch a lot of Serie A.  Onana was fantastic last season.  I think thought and think Maignan is better, but Onana was fantastic last season.  I do think Onana has been much better after a "shaky" (to be very generous) first 2 months.  I still have high regard and hope for him IRL.  

Yeah he was and I rated him before coming here but sometimes things dont click. I would've said pressure but he's too composed and mentally built like a brick wall so im not sure what the issue is irl. Hes a bit slow off his mark and his positioning is poor at times, not sure if thats coaching or just straight up adapting to changes and it not coming to him straight away, hes been ok though, not great mind you, but his stats do say different. 

41 minutes ago, BigV said:

Yeah he was and I rated him before coming here but sometimes things dont click. I would've said pressure but he's too composed and mentally built like a brick wall so im not sure what the issue is irl. Hes a bit slow off his mark and his positioning is poor at times, not sure if thats coaching or just straight up adapting to changes and it not coming to him straight away, hes been ok though, not great mind you, but his stats do say different. 

My HIGHLY uneducated guess is the just had a bad start and then was pressing too much, trying to make up for it.  At least that's my hope.  But delusion can wrong strong when it comes to YOUR CLUB.

Deadline day before season 3.

Sold AWB to Leicester for 20mil £ and bought Kayode for 43,5 from Fiorentina.  On left side I'm looking for replacement because Shaw is 30 and Malacia is not that good. Giving some minutes to Alvaro Fernandez, he is doing quite well but I can't see him going into against bigger opponents, in UEFA CL surely .

Valentin Barco is snatched by Real in first season, of course

image.thumb.png.2c61474075a26d3abb6c7fcb94df2ddf.png

I bought Hickey cause I heard his potential was a wordclass LB/RB, I replaced AWB with him and hes perfect, blended right in for my squad.