Is it time for 3D training?

I'm enjoying FM2023's improved match engine, squad planner and slight improvements made across the board. 

However, it feels as attention to one area of a manager's role is disproportionate to time spent reading scouting reports and doing media stuff; training. 

It does feel as though we're close to an upgrade as it's not changed much this year. My dream would be a 3d training pitch where you can place players for set-pieces, formations, positioning in phases of play, defensive drills etc, then press play and see the players attempt those drills. Swap players around and basically get it right before the big match. I suspect some players would leave a lot of training to the coaches but for those looking for even more immersion it would be an significant upgrade on the managing experience. 

What do you other managers think?

We should be able to view training matches so that we can try tactics out before we try them in a game. This is one of the biggest parts of being a Head Coach/Manager and it isnt in the game at all, so for me its a very important and very needed feature.

I'm not sure there's much value to this. We already get this information with the training scoring system. Viewing it in 3D wouldn't really add that much. Would players really change their side because one of their players ripped it up in training and scored three worldies in one of the training matches?

I'd much rather they spent the time and money on improving the graphics and the stadiums to make the games more immersive.

Although thinking about it, perhaps you could run through game scenarios like this like you say. I.e you set the formations and number of players and can change your tactics to see what works and what doesn't, using the match engine. Or practice set pieces like this. But I wouldn't want to be watching the overpaid fairies running between cones and doing rondos or most of the general training.

The thing here would be what would it be used for? It would possibly mean an entire new independent ME to the ME for match days, in that players would need to act and behave differently to have them perform and move how we wish for them to train “things”, to a normal ME match viewing. Again dependant on what the implementation of the training ME would be used for it could be to use (as we already have) for pre-set formations (in this case for training perhaps, pre-set training drills) and those come with exploits, bugs, reiterating them and bringing them into the official ME code and hopefully not breaking, bugging out or becoming overpowered. If nothing like just mentioned then wouldn’t it just be watching 3D models kick a ball back and forth around cones and such alike? Would love to see something in the future. So much is missing from football manager and so much more is being held back so it’s a give and take. We can all but hope, eh!

Would like to see it, but I just don't see them adding it anytime soon. 

I have also always wanted to see your team in 3d warming up and doing some pre-game training on the pitch just before kickoff. But again something I just don't see them adding for ages. 

13 minutes ago, Daz2205 said:

The thing here would be what would it be used for? It would possibly mean an entire new independent ME to the ME for match days, in that players would need to act and behave differently to have them perform and move how we wish for them to train “things”, to a normal ME match viewing. Again dependant on what the implementation of the training ME would be used for it could be to use (as we already have) for pre-set formations (in this case for training perhaps, pre-set training drills) and those come with exploits, bugs, reiterating them and bringing them into the official ME code and hopefully not breaking, bugging out or becoming overpowered. If nothing like just mentioned then wouldn’t it just be watching 3D models kick a ball back and forth around cones and such alike? Would love to see something in the future. So much is missing from football manager and so much more is being held back so it’s a give and take. We can all but hope, eh!

The only use of it would be for training matches to try new tactics and set pieces. However this is a very big reason to have it included in the game as this is the core of a Head Coaches/Managers job, right after managing on match days.

Would like to see training where you can experiment with formations, replace a CM advanced playmaker with a mezzala, click 'go' and then see how that affects your build up play.

But apparently the 3d engine is not real, the calculations are done before the game, so I doubt such a training pitch would be possible.

I think it could be a great feature for the future. You could finally see the movements on the field of the players with the various settings changes without always having to do everything in official matches. And making friends is often too much.

19 minuti fa, Иванче ha scritto:

Ti alleni due volte al giorno, sei sicuro di voler fare tutto questo in 3D

It could be a workout setting. When you set up the internal match, you could set the option to view and manage it.

9 hours ago, 2feet said:

But apparently the 3d engine is not real, the calculations are done before the game, so I doubt such a training pitch would be possible.

Hence the possible need for a second ME code to ensure all the behaviours and the way the players move coincide with how training looks and feels, all the work involved up to now with the current ME isn’t just a years work - it’s the work from the very first introduction of the 3D engine, so think how long it would be for a training version to view training, easily looking at 4-5 years work. Because the ME is already a predetermined result when ‘teams are warming up’ (granted it recalculates when you make changes etc) training would be the same mindset, pre determined training drills.

On 19/11/2022 at 19:38, Platinum said:

We should be able to view training matches so that we can try tactics out before we try them in a game. This is one of the biggest parts of being a Head Coach/Manager and it isnt in the game at all, so for me its a very important and very needed feature.

Just for them to add something like a behind closed doors option for friendly matches would be good.

On 20/11/2022 at 03:36, Иванче said:

You have training two times every day, are you sure you want to do all that in 3D 

I think was OP was saying was to use it for "Match Practice" 11v11 sessions that should only happen once a week. It would be interesting to watch especially if you could give feedback (Telling player X specifically "You aren't following this instruction well enough"). Would be quite interesting but time consuming.