Horrendous transfer market

I have been playing this game for 20 years and i never saw such a terrible transfer market , its really static , just a few players, and the teams ask for ridiculous amount of money for every single  player , not jus for buy the, also for loans.

Loans that aren't able to repeat for more than one season cause now the owner club is never interested.

And to enjoy more , i get promoted with Real Oviedo team, no one of the smallest teams in second division , the money  I had for salaries  from my club was 10 M when the league  give me 30,  so UNREALISTIC ,, so means 3 times less than the minimum should had at least, you really make zero effort to make some leagues realistic in terms of money .

Even the reputation of the club still the same after get promoted, how do you expect me to buy players?

Conclusion : I quit the game cause the game isn't able to have a minimum of realism to make it unplayable.

Edited by ostkiz

In fairness if you gave me a list of Elche, Levante, Cadiz, Celta, Mallorca, Espanyol and Eibar... I wouldn't be able to tell you who were still in la liga and who had been relegated in the last few years.

The small sides in Spain are very small. I don't think a promotion should give you that huge of a rep bonus in Spain. Most that come up go back down straight away (and often down again), I think a rep bonus should be more significant after becoming established or top half. I think it should depend on the league.

In terms of budgets... Oviedo don't boast incredible attendances.  The TV money in La Liga is nowhere near what it used to be. Therefore promotions aren't worth as much as they are and it's sensible for a board to restrict and hope and be fiscally responsible. 

Of course clubs are going to want money for their players, especially if they know you now have more.  That's called having a good, competitive AI. Surely it adds to the challenge and realism, no?

One of the worst (but also beneficial for the human manager) in the last few additions was the stupidity of the AI allowing you to loan the same player for 3-4 seasons and demanding no money for him. I can see where it could happen IRL, for example, if in season 1 you loaned the player and season 2 you got promoted and therefore he had a chance to play at a higher level and get more valuable experience. But thankfully the days of being able to abuse this for seasons on end seem to be gone.

hace 40 minutos, Domoboy23 dijo:

In fairness if you gave me a list of Elche, Levante, Cadiz, Celta, Mallorca, Espanyol and Eibar... I wouldn't be able to tell you who were still in la liga and who had been relegated in the last few years.

The small sides in Spain are very small. I don't think a promotion should give you that huge of a rep bonus in Spain. Most that come up go back down straight away (and often down again), I think a rep bonus should be more significant after becoming established or top half. I think it should depend on the league.

In terms of budgets... Oviedo don't boast incredible attendances.  The TV money in La Liga is nowhere near what it used to be. Therefore promotions aren't worth as much as they are and it's sensible for a board to restrict and hope and be fiscally responsible. 

Of course clubs are going to want money for their players, especially if they know you now have more.  That's called having a good, competitive AI. Surely it adds to the challenge and realism, no?

One of the worst (but also beneficial for the human manager) in the last few additions was the stupidity of the AI allowing you to loan the same player for 3-4 seasons and demanding no money for him. I can see where it could happen IRL, for example, if in season 1 you loaned the player and season 2 you got promoted and therefore he had a chance to play at a higher level and get more valuable experience. But thankfully the days of being able to abuse this for seasons on end seem to be gone.

How can a team won't have reputation increase from second to first division, do you think the same player will sign Oviedo in first or second division, please think about it , this is a no sense, of course should increase the reputation.

Oviedo doesn't have incredible attendance ... but still higher than 5 or 6 teams in first division , so at least should have the capacity of this teams minimum, specially in a team without debts , how is possible that league allow you to have 30 M of salaries that mean your healthy economically enough  to afford , but the  team just allow you a 30% of this? again , no sense. Just how me a club in spain that just spend  just a 30% of the money that the league allow them to use it , thats is impossible.

About the loans , 90% of the loans in my game have the same numbers:

150k per month for playing

300k per month for no playing

This is a clear bug

I experienced the opposite but maybe It's because I am playing with a big club.

I got Vlahovic for less tan 60 Million pounds(was not transfer listed or unhappy and contract was not about to run out) and Tchouameni for less than 30 million pounds.

That's a joke.

Edited by SergeiG

21 hours ago, ostkiz said:

About the loans , 90% of the loans in my game have the same numbers:

150k per month for playing

300k per month for no playing

This is a clear bug

Doesn't sound like a bug. The teams assume you've got the money to pay for the loan, so that's what they want. The numbers you're being quoted are based on how much money you have available. 

If you can't afford it, or don't want to pay that much, wait until closer to deadline day. You should be able to get the players much cheaper if they're still available.

As for clubs not wanting to send a player back on loan to you for a second season... it's annoying, but it doesn't sound unrealistic. I can't remember many occasions where talented young players spend multiple seasons on loan to the same club, particularly if they develop well. 

Paying a top player (Mbappé, Neymar...) more than 150M€, that's ok for me, as it's happening irl

But i see in this edition, good players, not even top players where you need to spend more than 200/250M€

That's a problem

Here are the most expensive ones in my save

Good ones, but  come on 300M€ for a fullback

transfers prices.png

12 minutes ago, yezzko said:

These ridiculous prices mean they are not for sale, unless you want to pay such stupid amount.

Not really the case since there is a transfer value of  'not for sale' how can you play the game and not notice that transfer vaules are totally unrealistic.

Even giving you the benefit of the doubt that teams are basically saying there player is not for sale, since when is 300 mil a reasonable amount for a player, as they say every player has a price....but 300 mil? totally unrealistic.

Edited by iAlwaysWin

9 minutes ago, iAlwaysWin said:

Not really the case since there is a transfer value of  'not for sale' how can you play the game and not notice that transfer vaules are totally unrealistic.

Even giving you the benefit of the doubt that teams are basically saying there player is not for sale, since when is 300 mil a reasonable amount for a player, as they say every player has a price....but 300 mil? totally unrealistic.

300 mil isn't reasonable and I think that is the point.

I think the huge price for players means the club will not sell them unless a ridicules offer comes in, Like Moyes did with Rice and said he will sell him for no less than 150 million.

I did see lots of amazing players go for peanuts like this:

image.thumb.png.8c0feb85eb84d009b6761730410135df.png

image.thumb.png.c7d18a75142d1a5bfe035bd2c723f36d.png

image.thumb.png.bfc28c37f374116e57c7f5894f2ffa21.png

Mind you, the prices here are in US Dollars and not pounds.

7 hours ago, iAlwaysWin said:

I believe all those players with "pricetag" of 200M+ should be not for sale but then you would rant that everybody is for sale. Top clubs dont sell their best players unless they are forced to when the player becomes unhappy or the club needs money. You can buy players for normal prices if you put the work in, otherwise be prepared to pay those ridiculous amounts.

12 hours ago, Mars_Blackmon said:

300 mil isn't reasonable and I think that is the point.

thats not the point, its you whos missing the point. every player has a price which we can all agree on. 100 mil can buy you most players on the planet in the real world, not 300 mil, its totally unrealistic.

1 hour ago, iAlwaysWin said:

thats not the point, its you whos missing the point. every player has a price which we can all agree on. 100 mil can buy you most players on the planet in the real world, not 300 mil, its totally unrealistic.

It wouldn't really. A lot of the bigger stars would command a lot more than that. There are always players available in the game though. I see the ones rated over £200m as just being unavailable. But if you declare them as a top target, ask your players to endorse them etc like the AI does with your own players, you'll find sometimes they don't renew their contract. That last year of their contract then makes then available at a huge discount. Playing the long game can be frustrating and might not ever work, but it's more like real life. Someone on Talksport this year said the average major transfer at Chelsea takes over 18 months and that's why they've struggled to find a striker and ended up with an over the hill Aubameyang.

I'm still playing on FM22 and the transfer market on that was completely rigged. If you put a player up for sale, the interested AI teams would all bid the same, with the same conditions too, as if they'd got together beforehand. I.e you offer a  player valued by the game at a value of £40m and four teams would make a non-negotiable offer of £14m plus a 10% sell on clause. When one of your players did well, he'd be rated at £80m, so PSG and Bayern would offer £32m four times a week for two years and get their players to endorse them, rather than just paying the players value as would happen in real life if they were that interested. Or you'd offer £12m for a player valued at £8m and they'd want £76m. Then you move on and find out 6 months later they sold him for £6m to a random AI team with a much smaller reputation.

39 minutes ago, busngabb said:

It wouldn't really. A lot of the bigger stars would command a lot more than that. There are always players available in the game though. I see the ones rated over £200m as just being unavailable. But if you declare them as a top target, ask your players to endorse them etc like the AI does with your own players, you'll find sometimes they don't renew their contract. That last year of their contract then makes then available at a huge discount. Playing the long game can be frustrating and might not ever work, but it's more like real life. Someone on Talksport this year said the average major transfer at Chelsea takes over 18 months and that's why they've struggled to find a striker and ended up with an over the hill Aubameyang.

Only 6 players in the history of football has commanded a fee over 100 million pounds, On FM currently paying over 100 mil for a player seems to be the normal, again unrealistic.

In my game right now theres over 150 players that would command a fee of over 100 million pounds to buy, does that sound realistic to you? Doesnt matter if the selling team doesnt want to sell, it still wouldnt take the huge amounts FM seem to think it would cost to get the player out the club.

Edited by iAlwaysWin

21 minutes ago, iAlwaysWin said:

Only 6 players in the history of football has commanded a fee over 100 million pounds, On FM currently paying over 100 mil for a player seems to be the normal, again unrealistic.

In my game right now theres over 150 players that would command a fee of over 100 million pounds to buy, does that sound realistic to you? Doesnt matter if the selling team doesnt want to sell, it still wouldnt take the huge amounts FM seem to think it would cost to get the player out the club.

Yeah that does sound a lot.

If you compare FM22 to FM23 transfer market, its like ive went foward 10 years in time, the difference in transfer values are astronomical. If its a intended feature then fine i can deal with it, am barcelona so money really isnt a problem and i allready have a very strong team 3 seasons in.

59 minutes ago, iAlwaysWin said:

But are they actually being bought in the game for that much?

47 minutes ago, iAlwaysWin said:

If you compare FM22 to FM23 transfer market, its like ive went foward 10 years in time, the difference in transfer values are astronomical. If its a intended feature then fine i can deal with it, am barcelona so money really isnt a problem and i allready have a very strong team 3 seasons in.

That's a bit weird? Aren't Barcelona having huge money problems in real life? Huge debts and struggling to get under the Spanish version of FFP? Hence their firesales, free transfer signings and inability to register most of the players they sign?

1 hour ago, Mars_Blackmon said:

But are they actually being bought in the game for that much?

Most of them no, hence why nobody is buying them.

Barcelona repay debt at 5 mil a month easily sustainable for a club of barcelona size. Also take into account they have alot of high assets you can sell, for example i sold de jong for 100 mil to liverpool since i have gavi who is just as good and alot younger.

Edited by iAlwaysWin

Em 19/11/2022 em 00:15, SergeiG disse:

I think the huge price for players means the club will not sell them unless a ridicules offer comes in, Like Moyes did with Rice and said he will sell him for no less than 150 million.

Those are really low prices and so easy to buy for such good teams. For them, that's just a nickle. And we can't even say that the players weren't playing in their former teams, because they clearly were, judging by total apps.

Have you seen more crazy transfer prices like those?

13 hours ago, mikcheck said:

Those are really low prices and so easy to buy for such good teams. For them, that's just a nickle. And we can't even say that the players weren't playing in their former teams, because they clearly were, judging by total apps.

Have you seen more crazy transfer prices like those?

I have but I don't remember specifics. I bet I can find some more, and I was told it's a known bug and that SI is working on it.

On 17/11/2022 at 13:39, turnip said:

Doesn't sound like a bug. The teams assume you've got the money to pay for the loan, so that's what they want. The numbers you're being quoted are based on how much money you have available. 

If you can't afford it, or don't want to pay that much, wait until closer to deadline day. You should be able to get the players much cheaper if they're still available.

As for clubs not wanting to send a player back on loan to you for a second season... it's annoying, but it doesn't sound unrealistic. I can't remember many occasions where talented young players spend multiple seasons on loan to the same club, particularly if they develop well. 

I am playing Santa Clara in Portugal.  Promoted from the 2nd Division, I haver the smallest transfer budget in the League, and the smallest payroll budget.  My Finances are shaky, I get 10% of my transfers, and my transfer budget is 203K.  Of my 78K payroll allowance, I am spending 73K.  Scouting wise I am spending 1.7K a month scouting Portugal, I have a Chief Scout and a Scout.  I can't form a B Team or a U19 team because I do not have the payroll available to hire coaches.  I have 1.9 million in the bank, 

This is Giorgi Abuashvili.

image.thumb.png.3efea7afa89a8c74b7500cc9353b18cc.png

A Georgian International listed by Porto for loan, he is currently on the B squad.

Last season he spent 10 months in le Havre at 1.2K a month.  And their finances are a lot better than ours.

image.thumb.png.054202568fe6580d491fa46240cf2177.png

On my squad, which is not the strongest by a long shot, he is a 4 star player.  I can buy him outright for 8 million if I had it, 5.5 up front, 3.1 in payments and another 1.1 after 10 international appearances.

This is what they want for him loan wise:

image.thumb.png.d9916b098a446532329dd510bf9cda7a.png

How is this a legitimate offer? 

My Balance right now is 1.9 mil.  Getting him would cost me (135*10) x (2400*40) is 1.35M + 96K is 1.446M, which is 75% of my available money.  I don't know what sort of accountants Porto has, but if they are looking at my finances and are assuming I can absorb this cost, I don't want them anywhere near my income tax returns.  

Braga has a 17yo Striker they are trying to get first team playing time, he's 1 1/2 current 5 star potential.  And they want 170k/350K a month...

My favorite thus far in this save has been Malcolm Ebiowei, Palace had him listed for loan.  They want 500K/1M a month, 100% of his salary covered, and they threw in an optional 38.5M fee as well.

The loan process itself isn't bugged.  The math behind it though...

Jellico

2 hours ago, Jellico73 said:

The loan process itself isn't bugged.  The math behind it though...

That screenshot is from July 20th. The transfer window doesn't close for another few weeks, so Porto can afford to keep those demands high. After all, the fact that you can't to pay it doesn't mean another team won't. 

The closer you get to deadline day, the more likely it is that they'll accept a rubbish bid for a player, particularly if they really want him to get game time. 

If you can get away with playing the one-legged nags your team actually employs for a couple of games, just spend your time scouting anyone you think might be willing to join you on loan. Then, come deadline day, put in offers for 0% wages. There'll be a few players the clubs refuse to accept that for, but you'd be surprised how many they accept and how good the players can be

I'm going to rent you a car for 1.2K Euros a month for 10 months.  You bring it back, 3 months later you want to rent it again, and the same car is going to cost you 135,000 a month for 10 months.

Who's the bigger fool on this side of that equation?  Me for offering it for that much; or you for accepting it? 

I mean, there is a sucker born every minute, so someone might snap him up for that, but given his past loan history, how likely is that?

I already know what his baseline loan value is to the club, and while 6 goals and 3 assists is worth an increase in that value, its not worth a 120,000% increase.

That's why I think the  behind the scenes stuff is off.

Am 19.11.2022 um 01:15 schrieb SergeiG:

How was their contract situation at the time when they got sold ? Last year maybe ?

The monthly fees came down, the wage bill came down (But i am over my payroll, so the 600 is all I can spend.  The optional future fee went up, but the bonus for winning the cup went down 

And this for a guy who went for 1200 a month last season.

image.thumb.png.1599eb785f10a20e13cd4bf76068c3ad.png

The loan market is fine, it's the economics of it that are off.

16 hours ago, GOODNAME said:

I opened a post about it but i told there is no bug about this

Some high asking prices will be because they're playing for domestic rivals. For the others, if you want a 'real' value on some of those players - scout them, talk to their agents etc.

11 minutes ago, HUNT3R said:

@Jellico73, if you're finding issues, please report them in the bug tracker. Ideally with a save from just before the offer is made, with the steps on how to reproduce the issue you're reporting.

If I encounter the same issue/situation in the January transfer window I will.

Thanks.

well, you would think that if the human player wanted to loan a player from a higher reputation team (a richer one, one from a higher division) the AI club would be more concerned with getting a decent playtime and position agreement for its player rather than rubbing its binary hands in greedy anticipation.. Would certainly sound like the general rule of thumb to me as long as we talk about benchwarmers above 18..

Edited by SC00P0NE

6 hours ago, HUNT3R said:

Some high asking prices will be because they're playing for domestic rivals. For the others, if you want a 'real' value on some of those players - scout them, talk to their agents etc.

Do you think its normal that all those player are over 200M values??

Come on..

33 minutes ago, GOODNAME said:

Do you think its normal that all those player are over 200M values??

Come on..

Your screenshots show scouting that's out of date, some players at rival clubs and most of the players unscouted. You haven't indicated whether you spoke to any agents either, so it is impossible to say whether it's 'normal' or not. I have tried to give you some advice that should lower those values, but I can only work off the screenshots you've shown.

SI had a look at your save and they have indicated that the values are dynamic and depends on the relationship between the buying and selling club. They have also advised scouting some of those players further and talking to their agents. Have you done that?

On 21/11/2022 at 08:36, SC00P0NE said:

well, you would think that if the human player wanted to loan a player from a higher reputation team (a richer one, one from a higher division) the AI club would be more concerned with getting a decent playtime and position agreement for its player rather than rubbing its binary hands in greedy anticipation.. Would certainly sound like the general rule of thumb to me as long as we talk about benchwarmers above 18..

This has been an issue for many years now. 

I appreciate if Manchester United FC come into loan your player that the AI club might wish to cash in on the approach.

That said, if I am managing Northampton Town FC, and looking to give your Division 1/2 rated player a regular starter (or greater) position within my team, then I would expect the AI club to offer much more favourable terms.

For transfers, and as Manchester United FC, I would expect much higher transfer fees (20% approx?) as this is reality. I'm yet to play as a lower team, so can't state what the market is like for those teams.

I've been playing FM for about 25 years and the I completely agree, the transfer market in the past few years is horrendous. Every time I want to buy a player, I need to pay 10 times more than is value. But the AI?  Maybe a few millions more.

So if a player is valued at 10m, his team will demand 100m from me. But if the next day the AI will make an offer, then 15m  from the AI is enough. Only if this player is in my shortlist, I will get notified about this offer, and MAYBE then, I can also offer 15m. All the time I see the AI buy players in decent prices, and it drives me crazy, because I need to offer much much more.

On 20/11/2022 at 13:12, turnip said:

JuWr1At.png

This is with Fake Players, so you won't recognise anyone, but this all seems... fine?

Not exactly horrendous.

This is exactly my point. Those are all players bought by AI teams. That is why the price is fair.

On 20/11/2022 at 19:42, Jellico73 said:

This is Giorgi Abuashvili.A Georgian International listed by Porto for loan, he is currently on the B squad.

Last season he spent 10 months in le Havre at 1.2K a month.  And their finances are a lot better than ours.

image.thumb.png.054202568fe6580d491fa46240cf2177.png

On my squad, which is not the strongest by a long shot, he is a 4 star player.  I can buy him outright for 8 million if I had it, 5.5 up front, 3.1 in payments and another 1.1 after 10 international appearances.

This is what they want for him loan wise:

image.thumb.png.d9916b098a446532329dd510bf9cda7a.png

First of all, beautiful skin!!! Which one is it?

But that's what I'm talking about. Players' price and wages demands are not reasonable. Furthermore, a player that makes 10k/w asks me (Barcelona) for 100k/w. I offer him less, let's say, 70k. He ended up signing in Man City for 50k. I won every title in the past two years, and he still signed for much less for another club. And this is just one example. Almost every player I fight with another club, will decline my offer and sign for less somewhere else.

Meet Jose. 16 y/o Jose plays for the u19 Albacete team, and makes 675 p/w. No I did not forget the'0' or k. he makes 675 a week. He wants me to pay him 75k/w!!!

Now what happens if I want to sell a player? haha very funny. You will have to sell him for much less than his value. You can have Haaland and PSG decides they want him, Sure, they will offer much less. And then the player is angry you rejected the offer.

contract.JPG

3 minutes ago, mr. president said:

Meet Jose. 16 y/o Jose plays for the u19 Albacete team, and makes 675 p/w.

You can see from your screenshot that he doesn't have much interest in joining you. I'm not saying he should be asking for as much as 75k, but he will want you to make it worth it to him because he's not keen on a transfer.

I just use in-game editor to transfer players now as every player with greater than 80+ CA and 120+ PA under the age of 21 asks for atleast 7-10 millions pounds. It's pretty unrealistic on how strict the AI manager is at selling players which makes every transfer window uneventful. Teams like Man City, Liverpool and Man Utd doesn't even buy more than 1 player every window because of this.

On 21/11/2022 at 14:19, HUNT3R said:

Your screenshots show scouting that's out of date, some players at rival clubs and most of the players unscouted. You haven't indicated whether you spoke to any agents either, so it is impossible to say whether it's 'normal' or not. I have tried to give you some advice that should lower those values, but I can only work off the screenshots you've shown.

SI had a look at your save and they have indicated that the values are dynamic and depends on the relationship between the buying and selling club. They have also advised scouting some of those players further and talking to their agents. Have you done that?

Its not my rivals

Im playing in the ISRAEL league

Every player costs more than 80M and their value over 150M

Why you guys just refuse to tell us the transfer system is broken and try to defend it?

I dont get it 

15 hours ago, GOODNAME said:

Why you guys just refuse to tell us the transfer system is broken and try to defend it?

I haven't defended anything. I asked if you did what SI advised you to do. They literally looked at your save file, so they didn't suck the advice out of their thumb.

At the very least, you could try what they advised and if the results are still bad, report that it is. You ignoring it won't allow any progress to be made.

6 hours ago, GOODNAME said:

Its not my rivals

I dont get it 

The factors working against you here. 

1) You're trying to sign good players

2) Those players probably have 2+ years left on their contracts

3) Those players play for big teams

4) Those teams have lots of money

5) You are managing in Israel, which is a smaller league than the ones you're trying to sign players from.

Points 1-4 all add to a player's value (including how much a team will want to sell him), while point 5 just means the player will be less interested in joining you.

You're not really on to a winner there. Unless you've got buckets of cash, in which case those players will cost even more because of the Man City Tax.

Edited by turnip

6 hours ago, GOODNAME said:

Its not my rivals

I dont get it 

That's just my opinion but I think that high price tags just means the player is not for sale. I do it too.

Currently Jadon Sancho is one of my best players and he is definitely not for sale, but if some teams are willing to give me more than 180 million, I'll sell him.

And in my current save I did get some great players for ok prices, and none of them were transfer listed or in the last year of contract:

image.png.71c82a4101a72c6b384d17d7f290f5f4.png

image.png.cbd96771eefcd4725a4666690d150101.png

image.png.8990dda7d845bb6580ce7692a7cf8642.png

Mind you, the prices are in US Dollars and not pounds, so 105 million USD is like 87 million pounds

Edited by SergeiG

1 hour ago, SergeiG said:

That's just my opinion but I think that high price tags just means the player is not for sale. I do it too.

Transfer wise I think that's correct, they aren't looking to sell them unless they get a very good offer, and even with a very good offer it might not go through because the player doesn't want to leave.