[FM23] 5TATMAN (Version 5.0 - Updated 17.09.23)

_Ben_

• _Ben_ changed the title to [FM23] [WIP] Statman v1.2 - Updated 04.11.2022
  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

26 minutes ago, karlcole said:

Great work mate! dont suppose you could point me in the direction of the panel/code i need to remove to get rid of the upcoming event/manager watch etc section on the left of the pic below.

Thanks

Lines 94-99 of Competition Overview Panel.xml

En 26/10/2022 a las 9:24, _Ben_ dijo:

Statman Skin

cb49c78abc5f56fbd92f40bea1d0cb95.png

b9f8592f33961f26034f07c00bb4de3b.png

6fa49721fc7998d865c08dbb8cb5ebeb.png

6b422f828bd5885b3610177f67ed0a23.png

85d9dd8410ae60868fb93774c485bd45.png ba2d913d8609f6c03dd859bf2ca80212.png

Version 1.2 Released 04/11/2022

What is changed:

• Re-worked player profile personal details:
    • A summary of the player's last game, for scouting purporses
    • An overview of their headline stats - adaptable for keepers and outfield players.
    • A breakdown, position by position, of their performances
  • Re-worked fitness area:
    • Fitness, jadedness, match load etc now show on the profile and are smart widgets that provide further detail
  • A whole area for statistical analysis
    • Broken down into, mainly, per/90 for each part of the pitch.
  • Re-worked attribute area:
    • Split into different attribute sections for each additional training focus
  • Re-worked Player Overview popup to match attribute showing on overview
  • Staff panels re-worked to show attributes in the same way as players.
  • Competition panels re-worked

Notes:

• Due to the change in person properties.xml, this skin will not support NewGan manager. To get around this, load another skin and restart the game. Once the .rtf file is gathered - you can change back.
  • This skin has been made for my monitor - I play on Windowed 1920x1080 with sidebar icons. I think that there will be parts that will look silly on different resolutions - please let me know and I will change them accordingly.

Further Changes planned:

I will endeavour to work on this as FM23 progresses and update this thread with other panels. Here is what I will be working on - some of which is already there in my own skin, just needing finalising and others will be brand new

• In-match changes
  • Club home screen containing stats

---

To reiterate, I'm a fair-weather skinner and this is mainly made for me. I will try and keep this updated but I wanted to give something back to a community that has been so good to me. Please give me the credit though if you want to steal any of the panels!

Statman v1.2 Release.rar 9 MB · 15 downloads

I've been playing this game for a long time.

This is some of the best skinning work I've had the pleasure of using.

Gives the game a whole new outlook and provides a completely different gaming experience.

No words to how grateful I am.

On 26/10/2022 at 13:24, _Ben_ said:

Statman Skin

cb49c78abc5f56fbd92f40bea1d0cb95.png

b9f8592f33961f26034f07c00bb4de3b.png

6fa49721fc7998d865c08dbb8cb5ebeb.png

6b422f828bd5885b3610177f67ed0a23.png

85d9dd8410ae60868fb93774c485bd45.png ba2d913d8609f6c03dd859bf2ca80212.png

Version 1.2 Released 04/11/2022

What is changed:

• Re-worked player profile personal details:
    • A summary of the player's last game, for scouting purporses
    • An overview of their headline stats - adaptable for keepers and outfield players.
    • A breakdown, position by position, of their performances
  • Re-worked fitness area:
    • Fitness, jadedness, match load etc now show on the profile and are smart widgets that provide further detail
  • A whole area for statistical analysis
    • Broken down into, mainly, per/90 for each part of the pitch.
  • Re-worked attribute area:
    • Split into different attribute sections for each additional training focus
  • Re-worked Player Overview popup to match attribute showing on overview
  • Staff panels re-worked to show attributes in the same way as players.
  • Competition panels re-worked

Notes:

• Due to the change in person properties.xml, this skin will not support NewGan manager. To get around this, load another skin and restart the game. Once the .rtf file is gathered - you can change back.
  • This skin has been made for my monitor - I play on Windowed 1920x1080 with sidebar icons. I think that there will be parts that will look silly on different resolutions - please let me know and I will change them accordingly.

Further Changes planned:

I will endeavour to work on this as FM23 progresses and update this thread with other panels. Here is what I will be working on - some of which is already there in my own skin, just needing finalising and others will be brand new

• In-match changes
  • Club home screen containing stats

---

To reiterate, I'm a fair-weather skinner and this is mainly made for me. I will try and keep this updated but I wanted to give something back to a community that has been so good to me. Please give me the credit though if you want to steal any of the panels!

Statman v1.2 Release.rar 9.42 MB · 27 downloads

Thanks Ben for this great skin...

only one issue I got...

I use a resolution of 1920x1080 and 95% but on the Player overview screen it doesn't show the full size of the pitch so some part of the player  positions are cut off. Is there I can fix that myself

I changed to 85% it was okay but the text are so tiny...

Thanks again for this beautiful skin... best ever!

Screenshot_20221105_041631.png

Screenshot_20221105_042519.png

35 minutes ago, Rivanov said:

I copied your competition folder to my own skin. But I can't get the player stats and tabs in my view.
Am  I missing something that I need to copy?

SCR-20221105-fdc.png

Take it you cleared cache and refreshed skin? you may also need to exit the game and restart it as that works for most people.

5 minutes ago, karlcole said:

Take it you cleared cache and refreshed skin? you may also need to exit the game and restart it as that works for most people.

Jep. Already cleared cache etc. :)

But it looks like it doesn't detect the panel..because my league overview is very wide. There should be three "columns".

10 minutes ago, Rivanov said:

Jep. Already cleared cache etc. :)

But it looks like it doesn't detect the panel..because my league overview is very wide. There should be three "columns".

Have you quit out of the game then reloaded it? that worked with mine

1 hour ago, Rivanov said:

I copied your competition folder to my own skin. But I can't get the player stats and tabs in my view.
Am  I missing something that I need to copy?

SCR-20221105-fdc.png

It's the class.. "tabbed". Copy the class from classes folder.

58 minutes ago, Matt_1979 said:

image.thumb.png.46a00275ecf494f4c8fbe6ee2b0c987f.pngHi Ben - I play in a 2022 Macbook Air and as you can see the screen cuts off on the right hand side. (Thats the same on 100% and 95%).

I think this is going to be a widespread issue. I’ve made the centre panel big enough to see the international caps and asked everything to resize around it. I play on 85% zoom and quite a high resolution so my stuff fits fine. I think I need to have a look and try and find a happy medium of what looks nice on mine but is also built for all. I like the 5 panels as it adds symmetry but maybe I need to consider a slightly different approach! Could be as easy as u21 caps and goals go so I can keep the middle panel a lot smaller  

Will keep you updated on my progress!

1 hour ago, Matt_1979 said:

image.thumb.png.46a00275ecf494f4c8fbe6ee2b0c987f.pngHi Ben - I play in a 2022 Macbook Air and as you can see the screen cuts off on the right hand side. (Thats the same on 100% and 95%).

Have you checked the MacBooks resolution.
My system was set to 125% by default, dropped it to 100% and fixed it. 

3 hours ago, Matt_1979 said:

Ah, I have the same issue. Playing on 1020x1080 with only sidebar icons. Standard Zoom. Not a biggie but it is cut off there. Also, on the tactics screen, the first letter of the GK is cut off slightly. I will test some different settings.

I play on a bigger monitor, but I also have poor eyesight, but for those wondering this is the skin at 2560X1440 at 100%: gyazo.com/ce859ed8c259fffa3275315c44a3e08b

This is at 110%:  gyazo.com/b1aacba8a0cdbfe7e5fb55bf6d6ae624

This is at 125%:  gyazo.com/e1fad7e2638d33d405d66aab272d73d0

As expected there are similar issues at 125%, but it still looks good.

Any changes made to fix the issues at 1920x1080 should also fix the same ones at the larger size as well.

6 hours ago, Jellico73 said:

If I wanted to reintroduce the colors to the player positions screen, what do I have to change?

assume you mean for duties?

Skins> statman > settings > settings

<!-- Duty colours -->
    <colour name="duty attack"                              value="white"/>
    <colour name="duty support"                             value="white"/>
    <colour name="duty defend"                              value="white"/>

Edited by danielgear

6 hours ago, Jellico73 said:

On the player position part of the profile:

image.png.cdd2edb353513cff72eb5f46f2a8e1e9.png

Not sure where to look exactly.

Thanks!

Got to preferences in FM and search for skin colour... You can change the colours from there... I always do that...

Screenshot_20221105_042519.png.953a57509405abeda04a082d145eca7a.png

2 hours ago, karlcole said:

Hi Ben,

Just a quick one, on your club overview screen you have tabs for the 5 year plan. Do you mind pointing me in the direction of the XML for these?

The club overview shouldn’t be impacted in this release as I haven’t created panels for it. I removed them all before I zipped the skin, meaning the panels should be default games ones. Can you show me a screen shot please, in case I have forgot to remove something. 

1 hour ago, _Ben_ said:

The club overview shouldn’t be impacted in this release as I haven’t created panels for it. I removed them all before I zipped the skin, meaning the panels should be default games ones. Can you show me a screen shot please, in case I have forgot to remove something. 

Sorry mate got confused into thinking this was on your skin but your right it’s on the base board confidence screen.

cheers 

Like the look of this simple analysis i can understand

2 issues

1 there is no way to select role and than see what attributes are good for that which means i have to change skin to make a tactic

2 zooming seems a bit broken as several things don't fit in my page correctly or just slightly clip out of place - saw the guy who made this Ben uses 85% zoom so explains that still annoying

8 hours ago, FMNoob25 said:

Like the look of this simple analysis i can understand

2 issues

1 there is no way to select role and than see what attributes are good for that which means i have to change skin to make a tactic

2 zooming seems a bit broken as several things don't fit in my page correctly or just slightly clip out of place - saw the guy who made this Ben uses 85% zoom so explains that still annoying

Both issues you are having are because this skin has been, and always will be, an extension of my personal preferences. I, personally, don't like to highlight attributes (and nor can you with the way I've built them) and I also play on 85% with 1920x1080 resolution. However, I haven't packaged the skin as a .fmf file so it's freely available to edit and move elsewhere, as long as credit is given if it were to be released.

Hey Ben,

FYI/Bug report for you.

Ihe Scouting Screen, when you go to the scouting center, clicking on the gear is supposed to bring up options as to what reports you want to see and the like, however, when I click it, the screen goes darker but nothing pops up.

image.png.c84b3f477d7123ee0840f23db44fe5a4.png

23 hours ago, Jellico73 said:

Hey Ben,

FYI/Bug report for you.

Ihe Scouting Screen, when you go to the scouting center, clicking on the gear is supposed to bring up options as to what reports you want to see and the like, however, when I click it, the screen goes darker but nothing pops up.

image.png.c84b3f477d7123ee0840f23db44fe5a4.png

Will have a look but not sure I've actually touched that!

Been playing around with some icons to make things a bit easier to spot visually. Here are my results. Again, these should be quite easy to remove if you don't like them:

Team Squad:

cff8c9ad23d8ba237600db8a44a70c6a.png

Player Overview and popup:

f053db78a895a29f24ad8622e3f30e7d.png

Staff Overview (panel is still unfinished):

2f10b258cbff12049e893a3a1d45c81a.png

35 minutes ago, _Ben_ said:

Been playing around with some icons to make things a bit easier to spot visually. Here are my results. Again, these should be quite easy to remove if you don't like them:

Team Squad:

Really liking the look of this skin mate. All I need now is a laptop with a screen that will allow me to see everything.

1 minute ago, EnigMattic1 said:

Really liking the look of this skin mate. All I need now is a laptop with a screen that will allow me to see everything.

That’s one thing I’m missing. I’ve built this for my screen. When I was learning to skin, I gave everything absolute values and priorities of 1 to fix my short term problem. Some of it is naturally fixing itself but I know I need to go back and change panels to cater for lower resolutions. Probably a job in the more distant future though…

22 minutes ago, _Ben_ said:

That’s one thing I’m missing. I’ve built this for my screen. When I was learning to skin, I gave everything absolute values and priorities of 1 to fix my short term problem. Some of it is naturally fixing itself but I know I need to go back and change panels to cater for lower resolutions. Probably a job in the more distant future though…

It's not a problem mate, I needed to get a new rig anyway and just never had the money to do so. To be fair, FM is all I use it for anyway and your skin puts a new spin on the game.

1 hour ago, _Ben_ said:

Team Squad:

It's late and it could be the bifocals, but when I click on the player profile pop up, the Crossing Attribute and finishing attribute doesn't have a number in it?

Edited by Jellico73

2 hours ago, Jellico73 said:

It's late and it could be the bifocals, but when I click on the player profile pop up, the Crossing Attribute and finishing attribute doesn't have a number in it?

My attribute colour preferences. Any attribute below 8 is transparent. Something that I’ve always liked to do when changing the colours away from default. Can be done in game.

Edited by _Ben_

hace 11 horas, _Ben_ dijo:

My attribute colour preferences. Any attribute below 8 is transparent. Something that I’ve always liked to do when changing the colours away from default. Can be done in game.

I do the same but I hide the attributes from 8 to 13 (or 14 depending on the team) to give it realism.

My thinking is, if someone is a top performer it has to be noticeable so it shows, but if someone is very bad at something, it shows too.

The average that doesn't stand out is what I find the hardest to tell if you're a 10 or a 13, so I hide it. I know he is average in that because it's hidden, but I don't know how much. 

10 hours ago, _Ben_ said:

1b8afda531db92660a8757118a9e1459.png

Finally made some headway on my club overview panel. Think the left hand side looks a little too empty at the moment but it's - like the rest - a work in progress!

There is just something satisfying about seeing the kits larger and in the middle of the page. Also with the club logo at the top. My only 'concern' would be at a club with only 2 kits looking a little more empty. Although, you are already able to see how that looks.

I guess, if you wanted to, you could tab the left hand side to include facilities or affiliates or something like that.

9 hours ago, EnigMattic1 said:

There is just something satisfying about seeing the kits larger and in the middle of the page. Also with the club logo at the top. My only 'concern' would be at a club with only 2 kits looking a little more empty. Although, you are already able to see how that looks.

I guess, if you wanted to, you could tab the left hand side to include facilities or affiliates or something like that.

I swapped the sides over, and now have this:

8fb0f9fd7c37daa26c6b115388a5354f.png

I like that fill much more now, and only really want to get the trophies centred before I'm done. For teams with two kits, it looks like this, which isn't too empty.

I don't really want to tab things on these kind of panels as I've found I never really use them. I do agree that affiliates could have found its way onto this panel though.

2 hours ago, _Ben_ said:

I swapped the sides over, and now have this:

8fb0f9fd7c37daa26c6b115388a5354f.png

I like that fill much more now, and only really want to get the trophies centred before I'm done. For teams with two kits, it looks like this, which isn't too empty.

I don't really want to tab things on these kind of panels as I've found I never really use them. I do agree that affiliates could have found its way onto this panel though.

The image with two kits doesn't actually look as empty as I had imagined. I really like this screen, even more so now you have swapped the sides over.

Will be getting an updated version - with staff and player ‘mini’ logos as well as the Club overview - up soon.

Still can’t get the priorities right in the player panel to hide two of the five so it all fits in but that might come at a later date or when I can have a tester on low resolution to follow some edits to their skin from me. 

Version 3 is updated - new things include:

• Reworked club screen.
  • Tweaked display of stats names on player profile (still to be done on popup).
  • Added icons on player and staff screen (still to be done on club screen).
  • Inclusion of @Woz's in-match graphics whilst I weed my way through what I've now excluded in my own codes.
  • Panel to add more specific club stats at the top of the squad page.

First post is updated but here is the link if anyone wants to try it out!

https://www.mediafire.com/file/4xl8tb68n2dnn1o/Statman_v1.3.rar/file

• _Ben_ changed the title to [FM23] [WIP] Statman v1.3 - Updated 14.11.2022

Great update @_Ben_

I love the Club Info screen changes.

For the mini pics for the stadia on that screen, where is the game pulling that info from for the pic? For some reason I get the actual stadium on the Schedule, but not on Club Info or in the background where it just shows a generic stadium pic. (see below)

ot.png

etihad.png

50 minutes ago, bennymc said:

Great update @_Ben_

I love the Club Info screen changes.

For the mini pics for the stadia on that screen, where is the game pulling that info from for the pic? For some reason I get the actual stadium on the Schedule, but not on Club Info or in the background where it just shows a generic stadium pic. (see below)

Ahh, yes. It's just a placeholder for now whilst I investigated stadium packs. It's a picture saved in the graphics folder. That'll probably be something I explore in future updates.

@bennymc - pop the attached file in Statman > Panels > Club > Ben club and it should now work!

stadium info.xml

EDIT 2:

v1.31 updates in main post. If you've already got it - just grab that xml, but if not, just use the Mediafire link! Here is the slight change:

6910b2edc5812e0354203dd244a3d328.jpg

Custom stadiums now show if you have a pack. Keep the old file if you do not.

Edited by _Ben_

1 hour ago, _Ben_ said:

Ahh, yes. It's just a placeholder for now whilst I investigated stadium packs. It's a picture saved in the graphics folder. That'll probably be something I explore in future updates.

Makes sense, I just tried copying over the mini stadiums to that folder see if that would magically work. It didn't  (edit: removed because you already sorted it)

2 more questions about where things are located, if I may.

1. I have figured out that the data for this screen comes from panels\game\processing upcoming fixture info panel, but I can't figure out what to change to get the days of the week to line up. Any suggestions?

processing.thumb.png.cc8762e27fc50dd6a790a0aa06aad057.png

2, Same question for this part of the tactics screen where the Duty is partially cut off. I think I just need to change the font size, but I don't know where to look.

duty.png.235c20d7f3e5d5e1b75a639abfd3a508.png

Edited by bennymc

57 minutes ago, _Ben_ said:

@bennymc - pop the attached file in Statman > Panels > Club > Ben club and it should now work!

stadium info.xml 3.24 kB · 0 downloads

EDIT 2:

v1.31 updates in main post. If you've already got it - just grab that xml, but if not, just use the Mediafire link! Here is the slight change:

6910b2edc5812e0354203dd244a3d328.jpg

Custom stadiums now show if you have a pack. Keep the old file if you do not.

Oh I missed this, thank you @_Ben_

9 minutes ago, bennymc said:

Makes sense, I just tried copying over the mini stadiums to that folder see if that would magically work. It didn't 🙃

2 more questions about where things are located, if I may.

1. I have figured out that the data for this screen comes from panels\game\processing upcoming fixture info panel, but I can't figure out what to change to get the days of the week to line up. Any suggestions?

processing.thumb.png.cc8762e27fc50dd6a790a0aa06aad057.png

2, Same question for this part of the tactics screen where the Duty is partially cut off. I think I just need to change the font size, but I don't know where to look.

duty.png.235c20d7f3e5d5e1b75a639abfd3a508.png

Both of those are a font issue.

It's on my list of things to do. I basically swapped the Champions League font over into a lot of places but I felt that the size (let's call it xsmall for this example) was too small. So, to make it fit where I needed, I changed that in the settings but really need to go through these panels and amend the font size to fit. It's a simple job once I've found out where all of this stuff is!

EDIT: Done the first one! In the place you said...

ee5bc82ba53e4e02d28edd9cbdc665fa.png

processing calendar day panel.xml

Edited by _Ben_

5 minutes ago, _Ben_ said:

Both of those are a font issue.

It's on my list of things to do. I basically swapped the Champions League font over into a lot of places but I felt that the size (let's call it xsmall for this example) was too small. So, to make it fit where I needed, I changed that in the settings but really need to go through these panels and amend the font size to fit. It's a simple job once I've found out where all of this stuff is!

EDIT: Done the first one! In the place you said...

ee5bc82ba53e4e02d28edd9cbdc665fa.png

processing calendar day panel.xml 2.48 kB · 1 download

Literally just a slightly smaller font change fixed it, I love it. Thanks again