[FM23] 5TATMAN (Version 5.0 - Updated 17.09.23)

_Ben_

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, _Ben_ said:

Thanks for the feedback but, as I said at the start, it’s a personal project and I won’t be adding stuff that I wouldn’t use myself. Relatively easy to do yourself though!

Fair enough. I wouldn’t have a clue how to do it myself unfortunately. Thanks for your response anyway!

1 hour ago, _Ben_ said:

True. Again - my intention was a brief look before diving deeper into the stats but I absolutely agree - considering how long we’ve petitioned for them! Away from my computer right now but have added a selector so you can see attributes or metrics on that popup screen now. Will share later on!

I’m possibly going blind… but I can’t see Aggression on the attributes/profile screen?

On 26/10/2022 at 13:24, _Ben_ said:

I am absolutely overwhelmed by the feedback I've had regarding the skin that I've put together. Therefore, I've decided to release some of it to the public - the bits that I am happy are complete. As a novice skinner, I've built up various panels over the past two or three years that I look at now and think they are pretty rubbish so this skin will only have the player profile in, at this point. As time goes on, I will update further panels to be shared.

b9bc8307a4d02e6aa2cae30b4342a3ac.png

38392242ad3b34a5c0e03a9d492a171a.png

4e1b0a2e43031b649fcc857314fc6d3f.png

b330c83d6e45fb5afd9dab98ab84211c.png   3a94ead8d7759f9405a3adcae4b6a097.png  666e16ff713e0870d395085f5fa9452d.png 

What is changed:

• Re-worked player profile personal details:
    • A summary of the player's last game, for scouting purporses
    • An overview of their headline stats - adaptable for keepers and outfield players.
    • A breakdown, position by position, of their performances
  • Re-worked fitness area:
    • Fitness, jadedness, match load etc now show on the profile and are smart widgets that provide further detail
  • A whole area for statistical analysis
    • Broken down into, mainly, per/90 for each part of the pitch.
  • Re-worked attribute area:
    • Split into different attribute sections for each additional training focus

Notes:

• Due to the change in person properties.xml, this skin will not support NewGan manager. To get around this, load another skin and restart the game. Once the .rtf file is gathered - you can change back.
  • This skin has been made for my monitor - I play on Windowed 1920x1080 with sidebar icons. I think that there will be parts that will look silly on different resolutions - please let me know and I will change them accordingly.

Further Changes planned:

I will endeavour to work on this as FM23 progresses and update this thread with other panels. Here is what I will be working on - some of which is already there in my own skin, just needing finalising and others will be brand new

• Player overview popup
  • Staff page to match the attribute layout of players
  • Club home screen containing stats

---

To reiterate, I'm a fair-weather skinner and this is mainly made for me. I will try and keep this updated but I wanted to give something back to a community that has been so good to me. Please give me the credit though if you want to steal any of the panels!

Statman v1.0 Release.rar 8.89 MB · 189 downloads

Great work @_Ben_ This is the best skin I have seen so far. ...Do you keep updating the main file here once any update has been made... I am a new here... Thanks! 

4 minutes ago, Woksben said:

Great work @_Ben_ This is the best skin I have seen so far. ...Do you keep updating the main file here once any update has been made... I am a new here... Thanks! 

I'm going to get an update up in the next few days which includes the non-player/human profile and the popup panel. I will make a post to say that it's update and replace the file attached to post 1.

16 minutes ago, sgevolker said:

Hi,

I've copied the files into my graphics folder but it doesn't is in the list to load. Other skins in the same folder are. Can you tell me what could be the reason? Thanks in advance. 

Did you unzip it and drop the folder in /skins?

28 minutes ago, keysi said:

Hope you don't mind, Ben, but I decided to tweak your statistics boxes for myself (mainly) and use it in my skin. The main point of my edits, if someone is interested, was that I changed the class of the containers to the "main_subtle_box" - mainly to make it fit the overall box and adapted the colours of all the boxes with the stats to the colours I'm using for goalkeeper/defensive/midfield/attacker lines within the tactics screen/tactics pitch and the team stats are made with the primary/secondary colours. I also reordered boxes in terms of team statistics as the first box, physical, defensive, possession and attacking (but that really is a personal taste).

Once again, you did a fantastic work with these stats!

image.thumb.png.9ae5d0ba80bbc90dfc32ab69bc94338f.png

This is exactly what I’m looking for!!!

vor 25 Minuten schrieb snowofman:

Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2023\skins

thats the path the skin should be in

Thanks, now it works :)

Great Skin Ben :applause:

Edited by sgevolker

8 hours ago, silentjay said:

I just want to restate how great this is. A unique approach that I believe is more realistic to the way players are analyzed today.

I'm gonna use it forever non stop lol.

No matter what skin I plug in, this is the player view I want.

Quick question, will we see if there's attribute changes with the typical "arrow up" or "arrow down"?

Thanks!

I actually have a spreadsheet for that...

This tremendous 

hace 3 horas, keysi dijo:

Hope you don't mind, Ben, but I decided to tweak your statistics boxes for myself (mainly) and use it in my skin. The main point of my edits, if someone is interested, was that I changed the class of the containers to the "main_subtle_box" - mainly to make it fit the overall box and adapted the colours of all the boxes with the stats to the colours I'm using for goalkeeper/defensive/midfield/attacker lines within the tactics screen/tactics pitch and the team stats are made with the primary/secondary colours. I also reordered boxes in terms of team statistics as the first box, physical, defensive, possession and attacking (but that really is a personal taste).

image.thumb.png.9ae5d0ba80bbc90dfc32ab69bc94338f.png

This is tremendous!

So much creativity! Love it.

Would you mind sharing your panels for personal testing?

Again, great work!

6 hours ago, silentjay said:

This tremendous 

This is tremendous!

So much creativity! Love it.

Would you mind sharing your panels for personal testing?

Again, great work!

No, I won't share it, sorry. I published the player profile here just as an example of how things can be adapted or tweaked a little bit. As was said above, I only edited the boxes with statistics and added them to my already-made player overview when I replaced the bottom line to make it fit.

14 hours ago, keysi said:

Looks wonderful, as usual, Keysi!

Hi @_Ben_, absolutely unbelievable work with the skin, it's the most innovative player screen I've ever seen! 

I have a quick question, I use a 2560x1080 resolution but like to play in 110% zoom. Everything in the skin still looks great except the bottom row of player attributes gets cut off at the bottom, the names show but the numbers don't. Is there anyway of tweaking that panel to make them fit? 

Also loving your Career thread, will be following it for sure!

13 minutes ago, OnTheBreak said:

Hi @_Ben_, absolutely unbelievable work with the skin, it's the most innovative player screen I've ever seen! 

I have a quick question, I use a 2560x1080 resolution but like to play in 110% zoom. Everything in the skin still looks great except the bottom row of player attributes gets cut off at the bottom, the names show but the numbers don't. Is there anyway of tweaking that panel to make them fit? 

Also loving your Career thread, will be following it for sure!

Without being able to experience your level of zoom on that resolution, I don't really know - to be honest!

Go into player overview panel.xml and play around with this code:

<panel>
	<layout class="vertical_arrange" vertical_layout="325,30,130,400" vertical_gap="10" />

The four numbers are the heights of each row: 325 being the profile, 30 being fitness, 130 being stats and 400 being what is left. You can change that to -1 and it will take up the remaining space on your screen or give it an absolute reference.

Let me know how it goes.

8 hours ago, adam_otbfm said:

Apologies, the post before from @OnTheBreak was from my old account that I was still signed into somehow!

Thanks for your quick response mate, adjusting the vertical_gap to 5 has fixed it! 

Amazing work once again!

@adam_otbfm  Unfortunately having 2 live accounts is against the forum rules- can you please advise which account you wish to use and we will arrange for the accounts to be merged.

11 hours ago, _Ben_ said:

I think that I'm going to just drip feed some new stuff in here as time goes on rather than create a new download for just the smallest things. I've made a couple of quality of life amendments that fit in with the style of seeing as much info as possible wherever possible.

Recruitment Overview: (Regular Version)

cae2b8c5572d49deafe66f2d41f9e3e2.png

Specific Recruitment Focus: (Regular Version)

58ade6b68fa1e8bbdcd179a4de067299.png

Squad Planner: (Regular version)

36e0d607b3579d00ea4a5cad517f30da.png

---

Active recruitment focuses panel.xml and scouting overview panel.xml need to go in Statman/panels/club team squad planner panel.xml in Statman/panels/team - or, whichever skin you are using!

active recruitment focuses panel.xml 18.23 kB · 9 downloads scouting overview panel.xml 10.81 kB · 8 downloads team squad planner panel.xml 25.44 kB · 8 downloads

I know it's a small thing but probably the least I can do when I decide to use some files from others :)

image.png.345ed99c17f1f2abe81b56846f30455b.png

25 minutes ago, keysi said:

I know it's a small thing but probably the least I can do when I decide to use some files from others :)

image.png.345ed99c17f1f2abe81b56846f30455b.png

Truly appreciate this Keysi. I’ve seen the issues you’ve gone through as a skinner and fully understand your reasons to not release this year. But the little things like this, especially as I’m a ‘first time releaser’ make me feel more at ease about this process. 

8 hours ago, Jellico73 said:

Part of me says I should know the answer to theis, but in the Touchline tablet during a match, it's white boxes with white text:

image.png.860be63dca79ad8a7c944ab9cc98e5e2.png

What do I need to edit to change the text color?

Thanks,

Jellico

Is that something with my skin?

A) I actually don’t know the answer, because…

B) It was never my intention to release anything match wise simply because, as you can see, these panels aren’t things I’ve done myself. They are basically taken from elsewhere and I haven’t fully credited the right people. It’s on my list to work through but if it has been released, it’s been done accidentally and I apologise to anyone who hasn’t been credited for their work on these panels - mainly Wozzie and his Tato skin.

6 hours ago, _Ben_ said:

Is that something with my skin?

A) I actually don’t know the answer, because…

B) It was never my intention to release anything match wise simply because, as you can see, these panels aren’t things I’ve done myself. They are basically taken from elsewhere and I haven’t fully credited the right people. It’s on my list to work through but if it has been released, it’s been done accidentally and I apologise to anyone who hasn’t been credited for their work on these panels - mainly Wozzie and his Tato skin.

It's from the touchline tablet that pops up during the game.  I'm not even sure what xml file that is.  I think it may be an issue with the font color for the panel, if it's based on the team colors one of mine is white.  

Not a huge deal really, I'll look around and see if I can find an answer.

Thanks!

12 hours ago, Wokrit said:

Yoh! @_Ben_ What xml editor do you use... or how do you go about editing the skin... thanks for this beautiful and deatailed skin...

I use Notepad to edit the xml files. I suggest you have a look around this forum as there are much better guide writers and people who explain their processes than me!

This is just amazing. Everything i need on one page.
My own challenge will be the good old saying: You can't teach an old dog new tricks :lol:
After 25 years with the same format it might take some time getting used to.
Fantastic work :thup: 

i use the flut skin for FM22 and now, i search for something with more eyes on statistic details. so, i want to try flut skin + your stuff.

i will start to find out, what steps are need to use both.

thanks for your work!

(I play on full screen 2560x1440 with sidebar icons without Text)

Edited by SpiderJu

Probably one of the most innovative skins I've seen for FM, a fresh approach that can really give a new lease of life to an otherwise repetitive UI. Really nice work. I haven't purchased the game yet but this skin alone could convince me otherwise! 

Is it easy enough to modify the attribute sections yourself? I notice there is no attribute showing for aggression, maybe something others may want to add in/replace in one of the sections (e.g. replacing leadership for aggression under Aerial).

Looking forward to your next set of updates.

5 hours ago, Mikal said:

Is it easy enough to modify the attribute sections yourself? I notice there is no attribute showing for aggression, maybe something others may want to add in/replace in one of the sections (e.g. replacing leadership for aggression under Aerial).

Thanks!

This was on my to-do list and I’ve amended now, exactly as you’ve said there. 

Just working through some more QoL stuff really and then I’ll get it all together. 

Hey @_Ben_ this is some very nice work, I look forward to the update!

One thing I am wondering though, and frankly its more a Quality of Life thing than anything else IMO, is that this 'tab' be renamed something along the lines of 'Skills'

image.thumb.png.0a9129bafbaefc3edcfb49f855755979.png

And then have another tab called 'Attributes' that would show the 'classic' attribute layout we are all accustomed to?  Or something similar to that?  It looks like there's a decent amount of space available but I am also in 2560x1440...

TBH if I didn't spend a lot of time working is SQL and Postgres the majority of my day at work I'd be more invested in learning xml...

4 hours ago, Jellico73 said:

And then have another tab called 'Attributes' that would show the 'classic' attribute layout we are all accustomed to?  Or something similar to that?  It looks like there's a decent amount of space available but I am also in 2560x1440...

Not something I’ll be doing, sorry. I wanted to make a whole move away from that so wouldn’t have it on the next tab. If you want to see attributes in the usual manner, just look on the Attribute tab of their profile. 

46 minutes ago, _Ben_ said:

Not something I’ll be doing, sorry. I wanted to make a whole move away from that so wouldn’t have it on the next tab. If you want to see attributes in the usual manner, just look on the Attribute tab of their profile. 

I can understand that.  One of these days I'll get Tech Support to walk me thru some XML, assuming I can pull him away from MW2...

Looking forward to what's next.

Jellico

14 minutes ago, Woksben said:

Yoh! Will you be adding 'instant result' button or the 'simulate' button in the final version? 

My version of the skin has those on but I only packaged up the panels I’ve personally made in that release in the first post. I may decide to add them in for a ‘final’ release, yes, but they are quite easy to add in yourself from other skins if you want it in the meantime. 

On 27/10/2022 at 18:35, _Ben_ said:

No, no, no!

You got me thinking and playing. I'm finding the popup really restrictive, if I'm honest. Therefore, haven't been able to add more panels to the right of the overview but have built this:

beda7a07bb0a12a59f297abf5f192310.png 53768095ddf1c968f72309401204044d.png

I've remade the season stats and personal info for this popup to be a little more brief - removed xG and xA as well as Reputation, place of birth, international caps etc. I have had to rename some of the categories (Ball Control -> Control and GK Distribtion -> GK Distr) in order to get them to fit in.

I think that the point of this popup, for me, is to get a brief overview, largely when scouting the opposition and that would come from looking at their squad screen, which, in my Opposition View, already has the per90 metrics on, therefore just seen attributes here would be fine. Of course, you could change the height of the bottom panel to 0 to just show the top panel of info for those attribute-less!

What do you think of that? I ask out of genuine interest and of someone that has said how much they use this panel.

Have you thought about moving GK TAC/TECH/1v1 to the bottom row/top left to make it a bit easier to make sense on the GKs?

Just a suggestion, looks really good already!