[FM23] 5TATMAN (Version 5.0 - Updated 17.09.23)

_Ben_

Hi Ben couple questions:

1. screenshot below is on the player popup with no attributes showing, is this just a resolution limitation? Or do I need to adjust the popup size generally? I'm on 1920x1080 85% zoom. As far as I can tell (I haven't progressed far enough yet) the per/90 metric works as they're showing the ' - ' until enough data is produced. 

2. is there a simple way to make this attributeless? As you've already got the coloured boxes on the player profile is there a way to hide the attribute numbers? 

20221208090817_1.thumb.jpg.6f39e80c28af8eccb4d18a325fe274ae.jpg

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Mikal said:

Hi Ben couple questions:

1. screenshot below is on the player popup with no attributes showing, is this just a resolution limitation? Or do I need to adjust the popup size generally? I'm on 1920x1080 85% zoom. As far as I can tell (I haven't progressed far enough yet) the per/90 metric works as they're showing the ' - ' until enough data is produced. 

2. is there a simple way to make this attributeless? As you've already got the coloured boxes on the player profile is there a way to hide the attribute numbers? 

20221208090817_1.thumb.jpg.6f39e80c28af8eccb4d18a325fe274ae.jpg

for 2., you should be able to go into skin colours in the preferences, press show advanced settings and set the alpha figures to 0 and it'll hide the attributes 

2 hours ago, bluestillidie00 said:

for 2., you should be able to go into skin colours in the preferences, press show advanced settings and set the alpha figures to 0 and it'll hide the attributes 

Cheers! I probably should have prefaced my comment saying that I thought I was being clever by trying that already but it didn’t work! When I next get on I’ll try that again but also clear the cache and see if that works.

Edit: no joy with clearing the cache either.

Edited by Mikal

13 minutes ago, Trainspotting90 said:

the attributes is cut, 1920x1080, -85 zoom

This is the zoom I play in and am able to see all of the attributes.  I'm not sure what to suggest, sorry.

7 hours ago, Mikal said:

Yes, probably a resolution issue. I have really struggled with the popup panel though! I also play on that resolution and zoom and mine works but I've also not got a really big dark box around it like you appear to have...

10 minutes ago, _Ben_ said:

Yes, probably a resolution issue. I have really struggled with the popup panel though! I also play on that resolution and zoom and mine works but I've also not got a really big dark box around it like you appear to have...

No worries, can't have it all I suppose! I did say I wanted attributeless :lol:

To add another to your popup struggles, the 'Wnt' 'FrA' etc. cut off the attributes when hovering over (not that I can see them anyway :D). I doubt this would really be an issue though, others aren't going to be going backward and forward like I am trying to break it but just for your awareness. It doesn't cut off the per/90 metrics though.

Animation.thumb.gif.41fbc5fc9d761b9a36c7692a4f96088f.gif

4 minutes ago, Mikal said:

To add another to your popup struggles, the 'Wnt' 'FrA' etc. cut off the attributes when hovering over (not that I can see them anyway :D). I doubt this would really be an issue though, others aren't going to be going backward and forward like I am trying to break it but just for your awareness.

That's on me! I removed it from the main page but missed it on the popup. Go into player > popup and replace the files I've attached with what you have in there and that should fix it!

player stats.xml Physical.xml Defending.xml Attacking.xml Possession.xml

5 minutes ago, _Ben_ said:

That's on me! I removed it from the main page but missed it on the popup. Go into player > popup and replace the files I've attached with what you have in there and that should fix it!

That done the trick :thup:

36 minutes ago, _Ben_ said:

This is the zoom I play in and am able to see all of the attributes.  I'm not sure what to suggest, sorry.

OMG I'm so dumb. I changed the skin colour alpha to all 0's yesterday to see if I could hide the attributes on the player profile and obviously it hid the attributes on the popup haha. Christ.

20221208170644_1.thumb.jpg.8a949b74a6c1f8c97a11373ece0a2968.jpg

1 hour ago, LewisK123 said:

I messaged you about this but the panels are blank, the white bar where the timer is blocks me seeing anything and i cant see other panels like oppositions team

I haven't played in the CL so am not sure what is causing the timer issue. I know that there is something with those panels but I, personally, don't use any of that (in fact - I'm sure you're using an older version of my skin because I thought I'd deleted all of it) but can have a look next time I'm in the game for you. Can't promise I actually know what's wrong though...

30 minutes ago, _Ben_ said:

I haven't played in the CL so am not sure what is causing the timer issue. I know that there is something with those panels but I, personally, don't use any of that (in fact - I'm sure you're using an older version of my skin because I thought I'd deleted all of it) but can have a look next time I'm in the game for you. Can't promise I actually know what's wrong though...

where do i find the newest skin?

Would anybody happen to know how to move the box centrally here (under Determination)?

20221208204617_1.thumb.jpg.be5f505570969909de4471623383f6f3.jpg

I was able to remove the numbers by changing the size to 0 (player profile below, not sure how to remove the ' - ') and copied the code over to the popup panel (with a tweak in size to the box), but I can't seem to get it to centralise, all the alignment does is move what would be the attribute number.

Spoiler

20221208204608_1.thumb.jpg.afe596d2f8933f6080fb08481647d5fd.jpg

15 minutes ago, LewisK123 said:

where do i find the newest skin?

In the first post! It's just updated to version 1.4 now.

13 minutes ago, Mikal said:

Would anybody happen to know how to move the box centrally here (under Determination)?

I also could not do this, so just left it! I've got a lot of work to do on the popup panel but wanted to take a few days off heavy skinning and just play the game. WIll get back to you.

I found out one issue..

Match fitness and player condition on the pitch is not tally with match fitness and condition on substituition panel below commentary text..i have to click "make sub' button to check out real match fitness during the match.

For example..my player on the pitch actually already tired and on red condition heart icon..but on substituition panel show him still fit and have green heart icon..i have to click "make sub" button to find our real player condition.

17 minutes ago, Raumdeuter said:

I found out one issue..

Match fitness and player condition on the pitch is not tally with match fitness and condition on substituition panel below commentary text..i have to click "make sub' button to check out real match fitness during the match.

For example..my player on the pitch actually already tired and on red condition heart icon..but on substituition panel show him still fit and have green heart icon..i have to click "make sub" button to find our real player condition.

I’ve read that this was an issue across all skins but haven’t found/looked yet to see if this has been solved. Personally, I minimise that match bar but I can’t assume everyone does!

I think I'm probably coming towards the end of my development of the skin for this version, with only minor changes really planned from now on. I've just added a few more bits to it but really want to get into the game for the long term. The player panel now looks like this:

3ae09b7e9281b38b174b8f59565a25e8.png

3 minutes ago, _Ben_ said:

I think I'm probably coming towards the end of my development of the skin for this version, with only minor changes really planned from now on. I've just added a few more bits to it but really want to get into the game for the long term. The player panel now looks like this:

3ae09b7e9281b38b174b8f59565a25e8.png

Looks good :applause:

38 minutes ago, snowofman said:

Looks good :applause:

Thanks. I think that this is the first skin I fully made and was 'happy' with and just how far my knowledge has come from there. There are so many things that need working on - the fact that it is pretty useless on any other zoom or resolution is one - but I've loved the process and it's enhanced my gameplay tenfold.

Just working out whether I want to use tabs on the top line of the player profile. FIrstly, it fits with the approach of the rest of this panel but also means that anyone playing on a zoom will have better view of it. What do people think? The original is a couple of posts up...

8c965d6c4a163e1957c0140dce9b4aac.png

Edit: this won’t work as I lose too much info that my eyes are drawn to on the profile (foot, preferred moved, scout or pros/cons). Will try and find a way to include that and then also an element of tabs, which I will try to make compatible with different resolutions. 

Edited by _Ben_

9 hours ago, _Ben_ said:

Just working out whether I want to use tabs on the top line of the player profile. FIrstly, it fits with the approach of the rest of this panel but also means that anyone playing on a zoom will have better view of it. What do people think? The original is a couple of posts up...

8c965d6c4a163e1957c0140dce9b4aac.png

Edit: this won’t work as I lose too much info that my eyes are drawn to on the profile (foot, preferred moved, scout or pros/cons). Will try and find a way to include that and then also an element of tabs, which I will try to make compatible with different resolutions. 

Possibly more work than reward, but could a combination of selectors and tabs be an option?  Have a selector with two options - All & Tabbed.  The first will have it as per your original layout, and the second can have tabs for those on lower resolutions.

11 minutes ago, GIMN said:

Possibly more work than reward, but could a combination of selectors and tabs be an option?  Have a selector with two options - All & Tabbed.  The first will have it as per your original layout, and the second can have tabs for those on lower resolutions.

It's a tough one. The difference between 100% zoom and 85% zoom (particularly the bottom part) is so much that it's just a whole rework that gets it to work on lower resolutions.

I am in awe of the work that you've done transforming yours but I feel that I'm still very much of an amateur skinner who created something for himself. I think it's probably going to stay as, unfortunately, play on my resolution/zoom or - well - don't use my skin...

16 minutes ago, _Ben_ said:

It's a tough one. The difference between 100% zoom and 85% zoom (particularly the bottom part) is so much that it's just a whole rework that gets it to work on lower resolutions.

I am in awe of the work that you've done transforming yours but I feel that I'm still very much of an amateur skinner who created something for himself. I think it's probably going to stay as, unfortunately, play on my resolution/zoom or - well - don't use my skin...

Tbf, I think that's the best approach.    You start getting into the realm of compromise, and at that point there's a real risk of making it worse for yourself.  I definitely felt that last year with my first proper skin - I ended up adding in more and more things that I never really wanted to be there in the first place.

Just spent a bit of time tidying up the stats panels for keepers and outfield players, again, showing the per90 and total stats:

8ac7a3d543b442ed1e365e73ad599844.png

7977c2b7439eb78acc0178d1f4d253b1.png

As well as cleaning up the popup panel to match the new profile pic:

3bea49badb988660e9abc531f5efeaba.png 8ad5fdc8dfb6889fec7d6ed555497c45.png

---

I will probably wrap all this up as v1.5 and get that out over the weekend.

As I said, I'm kind of naturally coming to the end of this cycle as there is nothing else I really want to change that would not require a total rebuild, which I don't have or want to commit the time to right now.

Edited by _Ben_

On 05/12/2022 at 20:01, Darien said:

With a screen resolution of 3440x1440, the text is out of place and to the right of the gap in this version. Is this normal, and is there anything I can do to fix it? Thanks!

EDIT: If I play in windowed mode instead of full screen I can set it to fit. I usually watch something at the same time as I play anyway, so it's not a big problem. 

image.thumb.png.5e7e12f486e7a435a8e3d50857abc809.png

I have the same problem. Same resolution, is there a fix to this?

@Jazlizard - leave these things with me. I'm going to hazard a guess and say that they are like that because I haven't noticed them! Let me see if I can replicate it - for example, I don't use the touchline tablet very much in games and I never use the overview that you can see the scores with.

On 18/12/2022 at 18:28, Jazlizard said:

Sorry to keep piling on, I really am enjoying this skin! Again in the match, the pause etc. menu looks like this image.png.3ef121638bf3620a7715c748f2d1c3a4.png I'm guessing there is just a color option somewhere, but I don't know where to look.

On 18/12/2022 at 18:16, Jazlizard said:

I noticed during a match that neither of the "formation" windows show up properly. When I mouse over where a player should be, I clan click it and it works, but there is no icon represented on the pitch.

Both are these are fixed as I've moved back to the vanilla match day stuff. Just packing the new skin and getting ready to upload now...

On 18/12/2022 at 21:59, Jazlizard said:

@_Ben_ Hey thanks for the response! As I mentioned I really am enjoying the skin, Out of curiosity what overview do you normally use?

What do you mean by overview?

• _Ben_ changed the title to [FM23] Statman v1.5 - Updated 20/12/22

Version 1.5 is now ready for download. Plenty of QoL changes, some bug fixes (but nothing for resolution - sorry to those who play on a lower resolution, it's just so hard to build for a screen size I don't have and cant' test on) and a bit of a revamp of the player profile. Likely that this is the last time I'll be majorly updating this unless I feel super creative in the future!

Thanks for all of the support and downloads.

@_Ben_, thank you very much for the skin version and updates, it has been a fabulous job, very inspiring and that has allowed exploring new possibilities of the game focused on data and statistics, at least in my case a great learning experience.

If I may ask a question, just for personal customization and better visualization on my part: how can I change the colours of these buttons, as well as keep/change their text between CAPS and non-CAPS, please?

Once again, thank you and fantastic job!

image.png.609ef9021c2a5875e4a0f52e3079647b.png

1 hour ago, lugui said:

@_Ben_, thank you very much for the skin version and updates, it has been a fabulous job, very inspiring and that has allowed exploring new possibilities of the game focused on data and statistics, at least in my case a great learning experience.

If I may ask a question, just for personal customization and better visualization on my part: how can I change the colours of these buttons, as well as keep/change their text between CAPS and non-CAPS, please?

Once again, thank you and fantastic job!

image.png.609ef9021c2a5875e4a0f52e3079647b.png

it should be panels/player/player scouting card actions.xml

1 hour ago, keysi said:

Yes, it is.

In there, you'll see this line:

<flags id="font" value="button" />

I've set all 'button' fonts to be capitalised. By changing that to 'text', you get this:

d233cc6f21289d90115c4f8565c197b9.png

Change line 71 to value="text" too to change the approach to sign part - as that's a different type of button.

Then change the following code:

<widget class="icon_button" id="ksco" icon="icons/16px/search" red_replacement="purple 700" blue_replacement="purple 700" disabled_colour="faded text">

To change the colours. 

I've attached the file to go in the player folder.

player scouting card actions.xml

Edited by _Ben_

17 horas atrás, _Ben_ disse:

Yes, it is.

I've set all 'button' fonts to be capitalised. By changing that to 'text', you get this:

Change line 71 to value="text" too to change the approach to sign part - as that's a different type of button.

<widget class="icon_button" id="ksco" icon="icons/16px/search" red_replacement="purple 700" blue_replacement="purple 700" disabled_colour="faded text">

To change the colours. 

player scouting card actions.xml 6.36 kB · 1 download

19 horas atrás, keysi disse:

Thank you both very much. Managed to ajust it just as you taught.

On 18/12/2022 at 14:23, _Ben_ said:

@Jazlizard - leave these things with me. I'm going to hazard a guess and say that they are like that because I haven't noticed them! Let me see if I can replicate it - for example, I don't use the touchline tablet very much in games and I never use the overview that you can see the scores with.

I mean the overview that you talked about here? You mentioned not seeing the scores etc.

42 minutes ago, Jazlizard said:

I mean the overview that you talked about here? You mentioned not seeing the scores etc.

I see! I actually just tend to watch the match as a manager would - only using the analysis available to me at half time. I, therefore, don't really use the overlays unless I'm going into my tactics, opposition instructions or shouts.

On 26/10/2022 at 13:24, _Ben_ said:

Statman Skin

Download from here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/4txxt0zdplol3tv/Statman+v1.5.rar/file

d51fc4346fe85d2e343b7e5fe4b6eddb.png 

226c1a1b62c21695911f9f83ae929139.png

7cfacf7a46fde699f8cdee675835beea.png

ca8d402b6d6267d8b0c8bbc094334a81.png

d86bd25b08d44b25bdfc563d6b1d6a40.png bebd24f48ee6cf0169a890468f61f3d2.png

7d3c76b0259d35267339155b4e4646ca.png

b159c3800e059d65179677949e6ffc83.png

Version 1.0 Released 26/10/2022

Version 1.1 Released 27/10/2022

Version 1.2 Released 04/11/2022

Version 1.3 Released 14/11/2022

Version 1.4 Released 28/11/2022

Version 1.41 Released 05/12/2022

Version 1.5 Released 20/12/2022

Thank you so much for nearly 3,000 downloads! I am blown away by the support and positive feedback.

----

Some more images of customised panels

---

What is changed:

• Re-worked player profile personal details:
    • A summary of the player's last game, for scouting purposes
    • An overview of their headline stats - adaptable for keepers and outfield players.
    • A breakdown, position by position, of their performances
  • Re-worked fitness area:
    • Fitness, jadedness, match load etc now show on the profile and are smart widgets that provide further detail
  • A whole area for statistical analysis
    • Broken down into, mainly, per/90 for each part of the pitch.
  • Re-worked attribute area:
    • Split into different attribute sections for each additional training focus
  • Re-worked Player Overview popup to match attribute showing on overview
  • New in 1.3. Added icons across panel to break up information for players and managers.
  • Staff panels re-worked to show attributes in the same way as players.
  • Competition panels re-worked
  • Club Overview paged reworked
  • Font and in-game screens use Champions League and Bundesliga panels from main game

Credit to @wkdsoul and @FMStag for their work around statistics and general skinning help and, also, huge credit to @GIMN for all the background support, enthusiasm and critique, as well as a few lines of code here and there!

Notes:

• Due to the change in person properties.xml, this skin will not support NewGan manager. To get around this, load another skin and restart the game. Once the .rtf file is gathered - you can change back.
  • This skin has been made for my monitor - I play on Windowed 1920x1080 with sidebar icons. I think that there will be parts that will look silly on different resolutions - please let me know and I will change them accordingly.

---

To reiterate, I'm a fair-weather skinner and this is mainly made for me. I will try and keep this updated but I wanted to give something back to a community that has been so good to me. Please give me the credit though if you want to steal any of the panels!

The only reason I am can't use this skin...

All the updates have same issues with the Touchline tablets....

And I couldn't find way to fix it myself.... @_Ben_ Hoping you could help me out with this... I have cleared all caches, I have done all I can do... Thanks

Aside this problem... the skin is 100% awesome and great...

Why I cant use the skin.png

6 hours ago, Wokrit said:

The only reason I am can't use this skin...

All the updates have same issues with the Touchline tablets....

And I couldn't find way to fix it myself.... @_Ben_ Hoping you could help me out with this... I have cleared all caches, I have done all I can do... Thanks

Aside this problem... the skin is 100% awesome and great...

As I've said - I don't use the tablet so haven't seen this issue. It's simply just going to be the colour of text somewhere but I'll find it and get back to you.

3 hours ago, PequenoGenio said:

Hi. Great skin.
One thing:
How to add this to my view?

Drop these into graphics/icons/custom/form and clear your cache!

draw.png

draw@2x.png

lose.png

lose@2x.png

no match.png

no match@2x.png

win.png

win@2x.png

draw.xml lose.xml no match.xml win.xml

23 minutos atrás, _Ben_ disse:

As I've said - I don't use the tablet so haven't seen this issue. It's simply just going to be the colour of text somewhere but I'll find it and get back to you.

Drop these into graphics/icons/custom/form and clear your cache!

draw.png

draw@2x.png

lose.png

lose@2x.png

no match.png

no match@2x.png

win.png

win@2x.png

draw.xml 160 B · 0 downloads lose.xml 157 B · 0 downloads no match.xml 156 B · 0 downloads win.xml 160 B · 0 downloads

Thank you!

Edited by PequenoGenio

Em 20/12/2022 em 19:25, _Ben_ disse:

Yes, it is.

To change the colours. 

player scouting card actions.xml 6.36 kB · 1 download

@_Ben_,sorry to bother you with this again. I was doing a deeper customization on a few .xml and on this part, I ended up messing up the code trying some possibilities and had to restore my original. However, now my buttons don't show the text inside them, just the icon. Would you be able to teach me where/what to edit in order to have the version with text inside the buttons, please? I tried placing your file but it's hasn't changed it.

Thanks once again. 

image.png.9b356aedfc5e0cd0ab9f5405df5ad20e.png

Hello @_Ben_ really great work, I really love this skin and thank you so much for sharing it. I've learned a lot in this short space of time following the development and genuinely have so much respect for you guys who work on skins, it's really impressive.

Got a question about a potential bug, is this happening for anyone else? A blank screen once you've chosen your team for a game under "notable reactions"?

no-reactions.thumb.png.4431cd10ce6320a399f5ebcb8a0ee7c1.png

@bennymc to answer your two questions:

1. I've found the issue and fixed that. I'll make sure it's included in a future release.

2. It's strange that it's like that because they are the default Bundesliga panels that come with the game. It'll be in match/match score area panel.xml that you need to play around with things. I'll see if I can replicate it...