[FM23] 5TATMAN (Version 5.0 - Updated 17.09.23)

_Ben_

2 hours ago, _Ben_ said:

Whilst I'm awaiting more details about the issue with the lower resolution - I've added a little selector that can take you back to the original attribute view as that is something mentioned in the feedback I've had on this skin.

4bd7a53b42b149c6ab5f07dddaf7a7df.png

It's, intentionally, nearly impossible to see but is in the corner of the Shooting box:

2861450be1ba5c0cf76cce05d53ba6db.png

That looks brilliant. Another possible issue that I found is while in tactics screen during matches, I don't think the players pop-ups are working correctly, they're kinda empty

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, br_sinched said:

That looks brilliant. Another possible issue that I found is while in tactics screen during matches, I don't think the players pop-ups are working correctly, they're kinda empty

Please can you share a screenshot of the issue?

On 11/02/2023 at 20:54, _Ben_ said:

Whilst I'm awaiting more details about the issue with the lower resolution - I've added a little selector that can take you back to the original attribute view as that is something mentioned in the feedback I've had on this skin.

4bd7a53b42b149c6ab5f07dddaf7a7df.png

It's, intentionally, nearly impossible to see but is in the corner of the Shooting box:

2861450be1ba5c0cf76cce05d53ba6db.png

I'm using the 1920x1080 2.1 version of the skin and I don't like the circle as attributes I tried to change it to the default attribute like the screenshot but i noticed the dropped down is not there.

9 hours ago, XVIBlades said:

I'm using the 1920x1080 2.1 version of the skin and I don't like the circle as attributes I tried to change it to the default attribute like the screenshot but i noticed the dropped down is not there.

I haven’t released a version with this included, yet. Life has got in the way this week but I will get something sorted soon!

This skin might just be the greatest one ever ahah! Very good job! 

I like the attribute with the "traditionnal" view with number better though so can't wait for the version you are working one. 

Just a little issue : the "personnal information" is blank for my manager. I am on the last version you uploaded, resolution is 1920*1080.

image.png.10842682f9153440ddf3ac788ada7ca2.png

And a quick question : During a game, is there a way to display the opponent formation ? Maybe on the "sideline tab" ? 

Edited by CRN711

On 17/02/2023 at 20:02, CRN711 said:

This skin might just be the greatest one ever ahah! Very good job! 

I like the attribute with the "traditionnal" view with number better though so can't wait for the version you are working one. 

Just a little issue : the "personnal information" is blank for my manager. I am on the last version you uploaded, resolution is 1920*1080.

image.png.10842682f9153440ddf3ac788ada7ca2.png

And a quick question : During a game, is there a way to display the opponent formation ? Maybe on the "sideline tab" ? 

It's been an issue I've had since I created the skin, annoyingly! Going to go back and see what I can do to fix it though.

What do you mean by opponent formation? Is this in match or out of match?

Been working on a few new things for the next update:

1. Reworked title panel:

104d90f4204af378587b804b19617424.png

2. Squad summary with addition of tabs for different data. Credit to @AsMentholfor sharing his version of something he’d built on from me, which I then built further onto.

e8e5adf3bd234b4ef8217ed3fa9fade2.png

d6f974cb0a5c407df60afa1df6fd1bfb.png

3. Reworked staff overview screen, ready to house 'key staff' at the top once I can figure out how to pull that info through:

9efb7a08a557bbf03a08e44a94b23be3.png

4. Completion of work around selector to show attributes in traditional way:

6283a523c345b66598f603dff9169069.png

fad35db49886126385bf0075155c8f6e.png

6. Decreased margin sizes across the skin (WIP but a - will need further testing and b - will need checking to see how much this impacts lower resolutions):

00dd20aac17c8c2eebcfb51c6d91ea91.png

Before pic for reference of this one.

Edited by _Ben_

8 minutes ago, chigs said:

Sorry for the question but where do I find the squad views or any other views you are currently using?

Thanks in advance

If you're talking about views in that last screenshot, there is a long list that I go through:

8a82c15f731d9c7230d50d197b765507.png

However, they're all made by me. I would recommend having a look at @FMStag's views though if you need somewhere to start - they are downloadable from his website.

• _Ben_ changed the title to [FM23] Statman v2.2 - Updated 21/02/2023

I am having real trouble adapting a skin between higher resolution and lower resolution and, to be fair, it's ruining the skinning experience for me and making me not want to create things knowing that I'll have to remake them again to fit different zoom and screen sizes. I will, as such, no longer be releasing a lower resolution skin - although I will have copies of certain panels that I've adapted for this. Furthermore, this could, potentially, be the last release of Statman on FM23 given the fact that it's a) time consuming b) the feedback cycle isn't working for me and c) I quite like what I've made here.

With that being said, v2.2 is now live and the link is updated in the opening post.

v2.2 Changelist:

Reworked title panel

Squad summary with addition of tabs for different data

Reworked staff overview screen.

Completion of work around selector to show attributes in traditional way:

Decreased margin sizes across the skin (WIP but a - will need further testing and b - will need checking to see how much this impacts lower resolutions)

In match changes to remove UCL scoreline and lineups.

Further quality of life changes.

Download: https://www.mediafire.com/file/c108zlv1p969sgy/Statman+v2.2.rar/file

1 minute ago, _Ben_ said:

I am having real trouble adapting a skin between higher resolution and lower resolution and, to be fair, it's ruining the skinning experience for me and making me not want to create things knowing that I'll have to remake them again to fit different zoom and screen sizes. I will, as such, no longer be releasing a lower resolution skin - although I will have copies of certain panels that I've adapted for this. Furthermore, this could, potentially, be the last release of Statman on FM23 given the fact that it's a) time consuming b) the feedback cycle isn't working for me and c) I quite like what I've made here.

With that being said, v2.2 is now live and the link is updated in the opening post.

v2.2 Changelist:

Reworked title panel

Decreased margin sizes across the skin (WIP but a - will need further testing and b - will need checking to see how much this impacts lower resolutions)

It's hard to see reality in the eye's

But no matter how hard you try and want, you can't make enervone happy.. Most of the feedback you get is either negative because a thing isnt the way they want it to be.

it's hard, but you gotta remember.. Your journey started with you making something you liked and would and should be proud off and it would make your gaming experience more fun.

and as you said yourself, it's time consuming 

the more you read "negative" feedback or do this and that.. it draining and ruins the fun of FM and skin making

my own opinion is that as of This year  has been alot of i want this and that and a few individuals have benefitted to making it a less fun place to be and toxic

Take care of yourself _Ben_ and make the skin you wanna use.

5 minutes ago, snowofman said:

It's hard to see reality in the eye's

But no matter how hard you try and want, you can't make enervone happy.. Most of the feedback you get is either negative because a thing isnt the way they want it to be.

it's hard, but you gotta remember.. Your journey started with you making something you liked and would and should be proud off and it would make your gaming experience more fun.

and as you said yourself, it's time consuming 

the more you read "negative" feedback or do this and that.. it draining and ruins the fun of FM and skin making

my own opinion is that as of This year  has been alot of i want this and that and a few individuals have benefitted to making it a less fun place to be and toxic

Take care of yourself _Ben_ and make the skin you wanna use.

"my own opinion is that as of This year  has been alot of i want this and that and a few individuals have benefitted to making it a less fun place to be and toxic"

James Franco “First Time?” | Know Your Meme

But nah I agree, its always a bonus but you're under no obligation to provide lower res working skins. Back in the day maybe, but as things get more complex its just no viable

2 minutes ago, bluestillidie00 said:

"my own opinion is that as of This year  has been alot of i want this and that and a few individuals have benefitted to making it a less fun place to be and toxic"

James Franco “First Time?” | Know Your Meme

But nah I agree, its always a bonus but you're under no obligation to provide lower res working skins. Back in the day maybe, but as things get more complex its just no viable

:P 

I absolutely love this 2.2 version. Adore it. I think it is the best skin ever made for fm, and I said it before in another post but I deleted it, due to me being wrong and not searching enough through the thread. Sorry you feel the community is letting you down, but the silent majority of us users aprreciate how this skin makes the game so much better.

I understand if you don't feel like doing other versions this year but I'm hopeful for fm 2024 to bring fresh energy :P 

1 hour ago, _Ben_ said:

Not in the update notes but another little change I made was to remove the slightly amateur looking home-made background for player profiles. I used the background overlay that creates the shirt effect:

f981f6df30705f566b317585e68581d7.png

7c837f0d8f2f186411ca0681a63b2ae8.png

hi mate i love the skin great work. how do i remove the blue and yellow dots? i perfer seeing the player numbered attributes. thanks 

11 hours ago, snowofman said:

This is well said. 

People tend to forget that a custom skin is a mod made available for free by the skinner - there are no obligations, no binding contracts implied by a commercial transaction, etc. It's just someone sharing his work for others to use. 

Politeness and gratitude should be the default speech, but somehow some users around here feel they are entitled for "more" or some kind of specific catering of their needs: lower/higher resolution, translations, that color scheme, this borders, these panels, I don't like this, I don't like that ..

Suggestions and maybe decent request are ok, but there is no obligation for the skinner to deliver anything. Not even bug fixing. Take it as it is and fix it/ change it/ mod it yourself as you please. 

I totally agree with what you guys are saying. Everyone will want something different when it comes to a skin. There are a number of different resolutions as well, which is just more work for the skinners to juggle.

I have a lot of respect for skinners and the amount of time and effort that is put in, especially when it comes to some of the ideas developed by @_Ben_and @GIMN this year. It just adds something totally different to the game.

I understand that skinners can't tailor for everyone which is why, as @bluestillidie00mentioned in his previous post, I mod a skin to suit the resolution I play on and use elements from various skins. The added bonus of modding skins myself is it allows me to develop my own skills as I need to understand what is telling the game to do what.

33 minutes ago, BuzzR said:

I don't like this, I don't like that

this is normal.
рersonally, I'm more annoyed by people who "make their own skin" (and in fact they just demand that someone do what they want for them, because in fact they are not just capable of doing anything themselves, but they don't even want to read the manuals attached to the top of the section) :rolleyes:

12 hours ago, kimmanzambi01 said:

hi mate i love the skin great work. how do i remove the blue and yellow dots? i perfer seeing the player numbered attributes. thanks 

It's a fairly lengthy process (I think) but, even if I no longer release things - I do owe it to people to at least explain how to do this. I will look at writing something up at some point...

Thank you all for the kind words here. I think the main point for me is that I didn't have the desire to create something that I knew wouldn't work on a lower resolution and one that I just won't play. I made this skin for me after years of using @bluestillidie00 TCS skins but just fancied changing something so got into it that way. The concept of making something that I won't use feels like I'm doing it for other people - even though all of the stuff is out there to be found out and played with, as I did.

Take my newest idea, for example. This came from an age old conversation with @GIMN but one I've only just got round to implementing. Here is a player I 'own:'

3a3492ff71e41fb9463500dac8cb4f5c.png

I'm toying with that idea of 'well, the player isn't contracted to you, so you're going to know less about them. Even if they're fully scouted, do you know just how agile/quick/good at long shots a player is?' My answer to that is 'NO' - so I made this where it automatically changes for AI controlled players:

a53eff27a6ee41d39acd68742e24f18c.png

Now this won't fit on lower resolutions and would just be something that needs to be ripped up and started again with - so I'd held off until now. The idea is that you know a bit about the player and you can see where he's been playing but you won't know the full details until he's signed. I may dig into a bit more depth with the polygons so I can see most things but - in my opinion - it's the most realistic way of doing this.

It's all going to be part of a bigger rebuild on what you can see on the player overview but I just don't have the energy, or time (I don't see many skinners who are also full time players of the game, but I am and want to continue) to create this twice.

Would love to know thoughts and ideas on this please!

Loving the new skin update you just released :applause:

Also regarding the future of Statman skin, It's entirely your choice to release this in the future date and I am sure everyone who use this skin really appericate it. Also just ignore the negativity people who moans instead of praising skinners. :thup:

58 minutes ago, _Ben_ said:

Thank you all for the kind words here. I think the main point for me is that I didn't have the desire to create something that I knew wouldn't work on a lower resolution and one that I just won't play. I made this skin for me after years of using @bluestillidie00 TCS skins but just fancied changing something so got into it that way. The concept of making something that I won't use feels like I'm doing it for other people - even though all of the stuff is out there to be found out and played with, as I did.

Take my newest idea, for example. This came from an age old conversation with @GIMN but one I've only just got round to implementing. Here is a player I 'own:'

I'm toying with that idea of 'well, the player isn't contracted to you, so you're going to know less about them. Even if they're fully scouted, do you know just how agile/quick/good at long shots a player is?' My answer to that is 'NO' - so I made this where it automatically changes for AI controlled players:

Now this won't fit on lower resolutions and would just be something that needs to be ripped up and started again with - so I'd held off until now. The idea is that you know a bit about the player and you can see where he's been playing but you won't know the full details until he's signed. I may dig into a bit more depth with the polygons so I can see most things but - in my opinion - it's the most realistic way of doing this.

It's all going to be part of a bigger rebuild on what you can see on the player overview but I just don't have the energy, or time (I don't see many skinners who are also full time players of the game, but I am and want to continue) to create this twice.

I like the idea of different profiles/information for your player and not your player. For me, personally, it's something much more natural than playing without attributes or using only stats etc. 

2 hours ago, _Ben_ said:

I really like it aesthetically, like a painting or a sculpture
but from the point of view of everyday use, I find the page overloaded with information and the elements very small. personally, I would divide the data into a larger number of tabs with a smaller amount of information in each

3 hours ago, john1 said:

Loving the new skin update you just released :applause:

Also regarding the future of Statman skin, It's entirely your choice to release this in the future date and I am sure everyone who use this skin really appericate it. Also just ignore the negativity people who moans instead of praising skinners. :thup:

Thanks John! I don't do it for the kind words but I do appreciate them!

3 hours ago, keysi said:

I like the idea of different profiles/information for your player and not your player. For me, personally, it's something much more natural than playing without attributes or using only stats etc. 

It's now something I'm really playing on. I currently have a two different player profile areas in the works with different tabs for owned and not-owned players:

f3e37f8217827a297a9c72aa115e80fc.png

7fe0d23cb8294c9e2916a0c362b90932.png

The bottom one has a fair bit of empty space and probably needs a bit of rebuilding but you can't see tactical info (as if you'd know that!) and training progress, which was blank anyway. I just need to work out what other info you'd not know: I think you'd know their stats and how they compare because that's what a data analyst does and I can't go as far to hide them from non-scouted players so I'd lose them everywhere but there are some other things that'll definitely go, which leads to this...

1 hour ago, Olas Nick said:

I really like it aesthetically, like a painting or a sculpture
but from the point of view of everyday use, I find the page overloaded with information and the elements very small. personally, I would divide the data into a larger number of tabs with a smaller amount of information in each

It is too crowded, yes. I think, when I was first learning, it was a case of getting everything down that I could but now I'm a bit more experienced and understanding of it - I'm trying to use that data in a nicer way.

16 minutes ago, _Ben_ said:

It is too crowded, yes. I think, when I was first learning, it was a case of getting everything down that I could but now I'm a bit more experienced and understanding of it - I'm trying to use that data in a nicer way.

I like it the way it is, so not being critical, but for advice, this helped me with spacing and stuff. I learned around 2018ish to let stuff breathe. Some people like chaos like the SAS skin, some like spacious skins, all personal preference!

https://m2.material.io/design/guidelines-overview 

18 horas atrás, _Ben_ disse:

v2.2 Changelist:

Reworked title panel

Fantastic work once again.

Every update of your skin has been a complete masterclass, so much of a learning experience to me, so much content to extract from the game that puts the whole playing experience on another level. Thank you very much!

If I may ask a noob question, please: where exactly do you look to get the data details in order to populate the fields in Squad Summary section?

The reason I ask is that, I've been trying to implement a few things, for instance, to pull information about the club's "HOT PROSPECT" - which would usually have something on the club overview panel.xml - but neither this nor others categories I've been trying seem to work.

Should I be looking for specific IDs, some sort of classes, something along those lines to populate such fields? Thanks once again.

3 minutes ago, lugui said:

Fantastic work once again.

Every update of your skin has been a complete masterclass, so much of a learning experience to me, so much content to extract from the game that puts the whole playing experience on another level. Thank you very much!

If I may ask a noob question, please: where exactly do you look to get the data details in order to populate the fields in Squad Summary section?

The reason I ask is that, I've been trying to implement a few things, for instance, to pull information about the club's "HOT PROSPECT" - which would usually have something on the club overview panel.xml - but neither this nor others categories I've been trying seem to work.

Should I be looking for specific IDs, some sort of classes, something along those lines to populate such fields? Thanks once again.

You'll need team properties.xml in properties.fmf

9 minutos atrás, bluestillidie00 disse:

You'll need team properties.xml in properties.fmf

Yeah, by reading the structure and logics behind the file, I imagined something along those lines, actually something in club properties.xml - there is a <!--Club Hot prospect --> there -  since at least in my extracted team properties.xml I didn't find anything related to that specific category. 

image.png.00e0b57c3037a3067935a70270bf089f.png

Spoiler

<!--Club Hot prospect -->
        <record>
            <integer id="id" value="CtPR" />
            <integer id="minimum_width" value="50" />
            <integer id="width" value="50" />
            <translation id="name" translation_id="420759" type="use" value="Club Hot Prospect[COMMENT: heading; team_information_panel; indicates the current hot prospect at the club]" />
            <record id="widget_info">
                <symbol id="class" value="person_button" />
            </record>

<record id="column_heading">
                <flags id="alignment" value="left,centre_y" />
                <translation id="text" translation_id="420759" type="use" value="Club Hot Prospect[COMMENT: heading; team_information_panel; indicates the current hot prospect at the club]" />
                <translation id="hint" translation_id="420759" type="use" value="Club Hot Prospect[COMMENT: heading; team_information_panel; indicates the current hot prospect at the club]" />
            </record>
        </record>

Spoiler

<!--HOT PROSPECT-->
        <container class="contrast_box" red_replacement="primary" transparency="0.55">
            <attachment_group class="vertical_arrange" vertical_alignment="top,extend" vertical_offset="0" vertical_gap="0" horizontal_alignment="horizontal" horizontal_inset="0" />

<widget class="label" colour="primary" alignment="centre_x,bottom" auto_size="vertical" font="label">
                <translation id="text" type="use" value="PROMESSA" />
            </widget>

<widget class="person_button" alignment="centre,can_scale" auto_size="vertical">
                <record id="object_property" get_property="CtPR"/>
            </widget>

14 minutes ago, lugui said:

Yeah, by reading the structure and logics behind the file, I imagined something along those lines, actually something in club properties.xml - there is a <!--Club Hot prospect --> there -  since at least in my extracted team properties.xml I didn't find anything related to that specific category. 

image.png.00e0b57c3037a3067935a70270bf089f.png

Reveal hidden contents

<!--Club Hot prospect -->
        <record>
            <integer id="id" value="CtPR" />
            <integer id="minimum_width" value="50" />
            <integer id="width" value="50" />
            <translation id="name" translation_id="420759" type="use" value="Club Hot Prospect[COMMENT: heading; team_information_panel; indicates the current hot prospect at the club]" />
            <record id="widget_info">
                <symbol id="class" value="person_button" />
            </record>

<record id="column_heading">
                <flags id="alignment" value="left,centre_y" />
                <translation id="text" translation_id="420759" type="use" value="Club Hot Prospect[COMMENT: heading; team_information_panel; indicates the current hot prospect at the club]" />
                <translation id="hint" translation_id="420759" type="use" value="Club Hot Prospect[COMMENT: heading; team_information_panel; indicates the current hot prospect at the club]" />
            </record>
        </record>

Reveal hidden contents

<!--HOT PROSPECT-->
            <attachment_group class="vertical_arrange" vertical_alignment="top,extend" vertical_offset="0" vertical_gap="0" horizontal_alignment="horizontal" horizontal_inset="0" />

<widget class="label" colour="primary" alignment="centre_x,bottom" auto_size="vertical" font="label">
            </widget>

<widget class="person_button" alignment="centre,can_scale" auto_size="vertical">
                <record id="object_property" get_property="CtPR"/>
            </widget>

Thank you for the kind words above. Interestingly, I also could not get this to work (ignore that the title is still captain):

5f9f8e248e703ddce91e38c92eacbbe3.png

Not sure why?!

1 hour ago, bluestillidie00 said:

I like it the way it is, so not being critical, but for advice, this helped me with spacing and stuff. I learned around 2018ish to let stuff breathe. Some people like chaos like the SAS skin, some like spacious skins, all personal preference!

https://m2.material.io/design/guidelines-overview 

Thanks for this! I am trying to find that mix between important info (hence the skin name!) and space but enjoying the ability to distinguish between AI and human players right now...

vor 20 Stunden schrieb _Ben_:

If you're talking about views in that last screenshot, there is a long list that I go through:

8a82c15f731d9c7230d50d197b765507.png

However, they're all made by me. I would recommend having a look at @FMStag's views though if you need somewhere to start - they are downloadable from his website.

First of all: A very nice skin! Great work !!!

One question: I see, you have a lot of views. And I see, you have a preseason view. Can you tell me, what kind of view is this? Which things do you have in it for the preseason?

Whilst I'm in the zone with this, the question comes of 'just how much is needed and is known?

I'm working on the AI profile tab right now and I'm down to this...

16847aded30acdf892d37f125977ec60.png

I'm going to have to add things like transfer interest and other stuff that can be swapped out when I switch to the human profile, ensuring that it's the same layout (right now - the only constant is the stats that separate the top and bottom halves or human and AI players). Then it'll be a case of putting it back in, with the same formatting, for the human players. I think the shackles have well and truly come off for this now I'm not trying to work across several different resolutions.

4 horas atrás, _Ben_ disse:

Thank you for the kind words above. Interestingly, I also could not get this to work (ignore that the title is still captain):

5f9f8e248e703ddce91e38c92eacbbe3.png

Not sure why?!

Just providing some feedback, since I asked and brought up the original question in your thread. I found a solution.

Something is definitely broken if we try to pull information for the TOP PROSPECT using the same code logic used for the others that work.

So I searched for all .xml extracted via RA. that could contain any mention of id=CtPR. After unsuccessfully trying a bunch of things, I saw that competition team preview panel.xml - who would think? -  used the ID differently, like a container class seen below:

Spoiler

<container class="client_object_viewer_xml_panel">
                            <record id="object_property">
                                <integer id="get_property" value="Tcrf" />
                                <integer id="set_property" value="objt" />
                            </record>
                            <layout class="fit_children_attachment" alignment="vertical" offset="0" />
                            <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="horizontal,top" inset="0" apply_to_children="true" />

<container>
                                <layout class="fit_children_attachment" alignment="vertical" offset="2" />
                                <layout class="arrange_horizontal_attachment" alignment="right,extend" offset="0" gap="0" />
                                <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="top" inset="2" apply_to_children="true" />

<container>
                                    <attachment_group class="vertical_arrange_autosize" vertical_offset="0" vertical_gap="2" horizontal_alignment="horizontal" horizontal_inset="0" />

<widget class="label" alignment="left,top" font="label" auto_size="vertical">
                                        <translation id="text" translation_id="227404" type="use" value="Hot Prospect" />
                                    </widget>

<widget class="person_button" auto_size="vertical">
                                        <record id="object_property" get_property="CtPR" />
                                    </widget>

<integer id="get_property" value="CtPR" />
                                        </record>
                                        <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="horizontal,top" inset="0" apply_to_children="true" />

<widget class="nation_button" icon_enabled="false" size="small" colour="faded text" auto_size="vertical">
                                            <record id="object_property" get_property="Pnat" />
                                        </widget>
                                    </container>
                                </container>

<widget class="object_portrait_picture" id="hPpc" width="40" height="50" keep_aspect_ratio="true" scale_picture="true" image_alignment="bottom" ignore_non_person_objects="true">
                                        <integer id="set_property" value="valu" />
                                    </record>
                                </widget>

</container>
                        </container>

So, I adjusted the necessary code and it worked, displaying the same info as we have under Club Overview for TOP PROSPECT:

Spoiler

<!--TOP PROSPECT-->

<widget class="label" colour="primary" alignment="centre_x,bottom" auto_size="vertical" size="9" font="label">
            </widget>

</record>

<container>
                    <layout class="arrange_horizontal_attachment" alignment="right,extend" offset="0" gap="0" />
                    <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="top" inset="2" apply_to_children="true" />

<container>
                        <attachment_group class="vertical_arrange_autosize" vertical_offset="0" vertical_gap="2" horizontal_alignment="horizontal" horizontal_inset="0" />

<widget class="person_button" alignment="centre" size="9.7" colour="fgbar" style="semi_bold,semi_italic" auto_size="vertical">
                        </widget>

</record>
                        </container>
                    </container>    
                </container>
            </container>

image.png.becb0988f3a2187fd1f504bcfd4ec0fb.png

image.png.5b45d87426d836bc9019ad585e638619.png

Once again, thank you for the space and for the inspiring work with the Skin.

30 minutes ago, lugui said:

Just providing some feedback, since I asked and brought up the original question in your thread. I found a solution.

Something is definitely broken if we try to pull information for the TOP PROSPECT using the same code logic used for the others that work.

So I searched for all .xml extracted via RA. that could contain any mention of id=CtPR. After unsuccessfully trying a bunch of things, I saw that competition team preview panel.xml - who would think? -  used the ID differently, like a container class seen below:

Reveal hidden contents

</record>

<container>

<container>

<translation id="text" translation_id="227404" type="use" value="Hot Prospect" />
                                    </widget>

</widget>

</record>

<widget class="nation_button" icon_enabled="false" size="small" colour="faded text" auto_size="vertical">
                                        </widget>
                                    </container>
                                </container>

<widget class="object_portrait_picture" id="hPpc" width="40" height="50" keep_aspect_ratio="true" scale_picture="true" image_alignment="bottom" ignore_non_person_objects="true">
                                    </record>
                                </widget>

</container>
                        </container>

So, I adjusted the necessary code and it worked, displaying the same info as we have under Club Overview for TOP PROSPECT:

Reveal hidden contents

<!--TOP PROSPECT-->

<widget class="label" colour="primary" alignment="centre_x,bottom" auto_size="vertical" size="9" font="label">
            </widget>

</record>

<container>

<container>

<widget class="person_button" alignment="centre" size="9.7" colour="fgbar" style="semi_bold,semi_italic" auto_size="vertical">
                        </widget>

</record>
                        </container>
                    </container>    
                </container>
            </container>

try and change CtPR

<record id="object_property" get_property="TCap"/>

Edited by snowofman

2 hours ago, lugui said:

Hide contents

</record>

<container>

<container>

</widget>

</widget>

</record>

</widget>
                                    </container>
                                </container>

</record>
                                </widget>

</container>
                        </container>

Reveal hidden contents

<!--TOP PROSPECT-->

</widget>

</record>

<container>

<container>

</widget>

</record>
                        </container>
                    </container>    
                </container>
            </container>

Hi, Lugui!

Can I see how you worked the code out for the Top Prospect on Team Squad?

I'm playing with container classes and Id's, but can't seem to get it to work.

Edited by lukavski

13 minutes ago, lukavski said:

Hi, Lugui!

Can I see how you worked the code out for the Top Prospect on Team Squad?

I'm playing with container classes and Id's, but can't seem to get it to work.

If you look in the hidden content, you'll see the code piece

@_Ben_ I've been wondering about your Player IQ and i can see a potential.. But without looking much further i wanted to ask if you knew if it was possible to have it change color depending on your picked attributes and not whats written in the settings file ?

thought of saving abit of work, if you already had the answer.

8 hours ago, snowofman said:

@_Ben_ I've been wondering about your Player IQ and i can see a potential.. But without looking much further i wanted to ask if you knew if it was possible to have it change color depending on your picked attributes and not whats written in the settings file ?

thought of saving abit of work, if you already had the answer.

Sorry - I'm a little lost. Can you explain what you mean here? There is a class that is set to already show the colour of the three dots on the popup panel and that matches with the colours used across the skin.

1 hour ago, _Ben_ said:

Sorry - I'm a little lost. Can you explain what you mean here? There is a class that is set to already show the colour of the three dots on the popup panel and that matches with the colours used across the skin.

Sorry if i didnt explain myself :)

i mean, from what i can see your 3 dots changes color depending on the value of the attribute value range

this value grabs the colour from Low, normal, good and excellent attribute

So my question is, if you knew if it was possible to make it grab the colours from the game and not from what you preset the attribute colours to in the settings.

i might be completely wrong and will be checking again, but i am sure i tried changing the low colour to purple and the dot was still white.

1 minute ago, snowofman said:

Sorry if i didnt explain myself :)

i mean, from what i can see your 3 dots changes color depending on the value of the attribute value range

this value grabs the colour from Low, normal, good and excellent attribute

So my question is, if you knew if it was possible to make it grab the colours from the game and not from what you preset the attribute colours to in the settings.

i might be completely wrong and will be checking again, but i am sure i tried changing the low colour to purple and the dot was still white.

Got you now! I think that classes and the in game settings are quite contradictory and don't tend to work together, so I went with the classes. Makes it a little less editable for others, unfortunately, but the only way I could get it working as intended!

2 minutes ago, _Ben_ said:

Got you now! I think that classes and the in game settings are quite contradictory and don't tend to work together, so I went with the classes. Makes it a little less editable for others, unfortunately, but the only way I could get it working as intended!

It's all good, i was putting my finger in the ground se see if you already had tried this before i maybe gave it a try myself

could be nice if it was possible, so i'll porobably put it in my todo bunch and see if it's possible when i have more time

Thanks again

On 23/02/2023 at 11:19, snowofman said:

It's all good, i was putting my finger in the ground se see if you already had tried this before i maybe gave it a try myself

could be nice if it was possible, so i'll porobably put it in my todo bunch and see if it's possible when i have more time

Thanks again

Any luck on this?