FM23: Manchester United The Ten Hag era

sedge11

2 hours ago, Stevmon said:

Pavard is probably my main target for RB. Better defensively than Dalot, good in the air and really good passing which would also fit for inverted wing back.

Should also be cheaper than JWP since his contract runs out in 2024.

Pavard gets a lot of interest and went to city on mine, but if you can get him would be a great signing especially as he can cover cb as well.

If you are looking at JWP then also look at Livramento, I got him fairly cheap and he looks good with room for improvement.

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Since Dalot is youngish and can improve a lot still, I want an “older” RB for him to compete with. Pavard probably the perfect fit in regards to attribute (different player than Dalot) but may hamper Dalots playing time.

Otherwise a more defensive RB with good passing and heading around 26-30 years old that would be OK with being benched would be a good fit I think.

23 minutes ago, VDB34 said:

Any feelings on this?

So far me Martinez has been great, his lower attributes haven’t made a difference for me, him and Varane have been a great partnership.

Antony has been hit and miss, while Casemiro is also great he loves a booking so can get a few suspensions.

What staff is everyone hiring? I want to do a mini overhaul and main people I’m bringing in is:

N. Butt (AM)
Oliviera (GKc)
McGuiness (Coach)
Nuno Gomes (coach) 

Ideally want a better DoF also.
Have gotten rid of McClaren and vd Gaag.

34 minutes ago, Stevmon said:

What staff is everyone hiring? I want to do a mini overhaul and main people I’m bringing in is:

N. Butt (AM)
Oliviera (GKc)
McGuiness (Coach)
Nuno Gomes (coach) 

Oliviera is poor considering there are far better available who’d come in 

ive done a MASSIVE overhaul as most aren’t up to it 

sack Murtough and then advertise a DOF job in job centre and wait for Monchi to come interested to it then appoint him as just approaching him he will just renew contract at Seville 

Don't think I'll go United for once! Gonna try my hand in Germany this time around but I'll pop my head in here from time to time. So I'm guessing the CA/PA changes are minimal across the board for every team in the game from the beta to full release? As I'd quite like to start my save ASAP. I may come back to United towards the end of FM23 but for now not planning a save anytime soon 👍🏻

On 29/10/2022 at 22:30, Stevmon said:

N. Butt (AM)
Oliviera (GKc)
McGuiness (Coach)
Nuno Gomes (coach) 

There’s quite a few options, the Portuguese guys are fantastic: Raul José and Quaresma, there’s also Baldini, Tinius (GK). There’s also a Roma coach who looks great - Salzarulo. Montiero and Colbert are perfect fitness coaches.

Trezeguet looks a great chief scout, Ribalta or Monchi look very good options as a DoF.

I am playing on a large + database with multiple nations loaded fyi.

I'm having a lot of fun with my Man U save so far :)

Season 1:

Managed to win the league in year 1 with Ronaldo having an absolute stormer!

My key focus was to reduce the wage bill as much as i could while reinforcing some core concern areas.

Players IN:

SMS on loan was a proper steal - was my key player and scored some absolute bangers. Can't recommend Pedro more highly. He's an immense squad option that never complained playing second fiddle to ronaldo :). Got lucky with Neves, his contract was expiring with everyone and their dog after him. I decided to pay to get him early. Reider was highly recommended by scouts and relatively cheap option for the future. Angelo as backup to Antony and Balde on loan when i sold Shaw. Devyne Rensch is fantastic and can play RB, LB, DM, DC. The outright purchases had heavy ammortisation over 3 years.
image.png.18d5e37b6105e3a5435677f6b2c2135f.png

Players OUT:
Martial & Maguire also went out on paid loans, with obligation to buy.
image.png.cb58e3d1303e68980d34b34af818369e.png

Season 2!

Won everything in year 2 with Rashford being the revelation, retrained to ST.

Players IN:

Big Ticket items were Scalvini (gem of a DC) and Diogo Costa. I probably overpaid for Costa, but i couldnt find any other decent GK options. Its split 50M cash and 50M over 3 years. Verratti was a steal - with PSG paying half his wages :D. Rodrigo looks like a decent prospect. Balde and Rensch were mandatory end of loan purchases.

Bellingham and Sesko - i got in as soon as i got my Season 3 budget approved before anyone else could.

image.png.5cc50ed237323aaec10c7b19c3e659de.png

Players OUT:

Got rid of more big wage players getting long in the tooth. Ronaldo left on a free to PSG

image.png.9118c37d1e6db631a952ef23ceb029c8.png

Season 3:

Year 3 just started and I'm trying out some new things, and got an absolute gem of a regen in season 1 thats starting to come good. Shoretire and Mainoo are now part of the senior squad and getting a fair amount of time.

Players IN:

Declan Rice was the only big purchase. Counted teh hours until Endrick turned 18 and got him as soon as i could. He took ages to make up his mind. Anel is a solid backup option to Varane & Scalvini. Oliver Skip is keeping Neves benched.

image.png.dc20c4f8ecd9db3618e6a05c86596c82.png

Players OUT:

Made a profit on Verrati!

image.png.504eda5ef21260bc1ee2f0f5b242839d.png

EXTRAS:

Rashford Season 1 vs Season 2 and Season 3 so far...

image.png.43711f0cab4b423517fac0e51249e870.png

My year 1 regen:

image.thumb.png.90af3c6b54cefb48eaace42be1bf05a0.png

Wages are finally under control!! Will likely be shipping off Varane and Sancho in the next summer window.

image.thumb.png.cac68d2333abe9b96fd3b2f3f7fe64bd.png

image.png.a0dc5893aac795afd324efada6198924.png If i need to, i can adjust budget for another 100M purchase. Getting that wage bill down was key.

Others:

Scalvini

image.thumb.png.57be47614bf0a0d201d24c23b7163621.png

Rensch

image.thumb.png.1d5eb4cae500e23e5fafe607a1b084ce.png

Balde- replacement for Shaw

image.thumb.png.aa4457e125e26ef7ea6013048f4ef2b4.png

Oliver Skipp

image.thumb.png.e6890f950f00fe8c0845b45d8d1f81c1.png

Current Squad (not including those out on loan)

image.thumb.png.24211af76cb489991bfe068d5f9a5e1a.png

Now in season 3 and there are constant takeover rumors with 1 failed takeover attempt so far.

Tips:
Loan to buy. This is a great way to get a player in and defer costs, specially if you can get "Option to buy" instead of mandatory, Its also a great way to sell a player.

When buying from bigger clubs, sneak in a wage subsidy. Keep any eye on expiring contracts and the scouting list for transfer listed players, you may get a gem for peanuts.

When in discussions with a players agent (before making an offer), ask the agent to lower wage demands. They often agree!

Edited by insai

On 25/10/2022 at 06:11, byang08 said:

Not even to Lisandro? He currently has lower CA/PA, Marking, Tackling, Anticipation, Positioning, and same Pace as Maguire. I know we're only two months into the season and Maguire's been injured but surely Lisandro Martinez's attributes should reflect he is the clear first choice CB?

They've probably been listening to all these 'expert' tv pundits that played the game in the 80's and 90's who think he's crap because he isnt 6 foot plus.

2 hours ago, trekman said:

They've probably been listening to all these 'expert' tv pundits that played the game in the 80's and 90's who think he's crap because he isnt 6 foot plus.

A few decent central defenders under 6 feet tall

Listed Heights -

Carles Puyol              178 cm

Roberto Ayala           177 cm

Fabio Cannavaro      176 cm

Franco Baresi            176 cm

Lisandro Martinez    175 cm

Javier Mascherano   174 cm

Ivan Cordoba            173 cm

On 29/10/2022 at 21:56, Stevmon said:

Pavard is probably my main target for RB. Better defensively than Dalot, good in the air and really good passing which would also fit for inverted wing back.

I picked up Pavard for 22.5m pounds + Harry Maguire. Really needed to get a CD out and he was the easiest one to shift. 12 appearances 1 assist 6.83 rating as a DL WB

19 hours ago, DominicForza said:

A few decent central defenders under 6 feet tall

Listed Heights -

Carles Puyol              178 cm

Roberto Ayala           177 cm

Fabio Cannavaro      176 cm

Franco Baresi            176 cm

Lisandro Martinez    175 cm

Javier Mascherano   174 cm

Ivan Cordoba            173 cm

Baresi and Cannavaro were legendary. I loved watching them play when Italian football was on the tv in the 90's.

So a little update on the 2nd season.

We have 3 games left and sit 7 points clear at the top of the table.

1884726228_season2sofar.png.60caa2be4739e0e7a1d50224036ebbcb.png

So we can clinch the title in our next game, and who is that game against........

970144177_titlegame.png.c59f6aba43441945c75f46274e9349b9.png

So not only can we win the title at home against our bitter rivals, we can also end Man City's dominance at the same time.

I will update later on or tomorrow, with the full season review.

Just about to start season 3 with United, let the first season go through with Ten Hag (who was sacked) before taking over with the team having finished 7th in season 1

Season 2 saw a huge rebuild of a club in turmoil and a huge number of first team players wanting to leave for Champions League football.

Out the door went:

De Gea, Maguire, Lindelof, Bailly, Fred, Sancho, Fernandes, Wan- Bissaka, Varane, Williams plus some youth/fringe players for around £200m combined, most of it coming from Sancho at £88m

Van de Beek and Israel Reyes (purchased by Ten Hag) left on loan to buys for a combined £15m

Elanga, Alvaro Fernandez and McTominay left on loans with optional fees.

Ronaldo and Tuanzebe left at the end of their contracts.

We bought in:

Luiz Junior as goalkeeper, Tomori and Marc Guehi as CB replacements, Tyrick Mitchell also came in from a relegated Crystal Palace.

We spent big in midfield with Bruno Guimaraes and James Maddison arriving on deals that will cut into our transfer revenue for years to come. Noni Mudueke and Marcus Edwards arrived to boost our options out wide, Menino came in as a utility player and we added Nicolo Rovella on loan.

Upfront the big signing in was Ivan Toney who came in from Brentford who had also gone down season 1 and Mathys Tel on loan to add some depth.

We also promoted Ethan Laird, Alejandro Garnacho and Charlie McNeil to the first team squad.

Competitions wise it was not a great season with us exiting the Carabao Cup in the 4th round to City, the FA cup in the 1/4's to Brighton and the Europa conference league in the round of 16 to Rennes who tore us to pieces. A 3rd place premier League finish probably kept us in a job.

About to start season 3 with a £85m transfer budget that I've managed to rise to £91m by selling some clauses, Aston Villa have just bid £25m for Luiz Junior which will almost double our outlay on him and PSG are offering £31m for Marcus Edwards, we also have some fringe/youth players we are looking to move on.

This year we want to be a bit more targeted with our transfers, we need to replace out GK as I don't think Henderson is good enough to be a champions league starter, we are looking at Caprile from Bari, attributes look great for a 22 year old and £7m asking price is a steal. De Vrij is transfer listed for £8.75m and will add experience alongside our number 1 defensive target Nianzou who Sevilla will accept £13.25m for.

Further forward our big targets are Musiala who Bayern will allow to leave for £87m and either Jude Bellingham or Moises Caicedo depending on what their teams want.

Finally Endrick arrives at the start of this campaign to play as our back up striker to Toney. 

2 hours ago, the SLC said:

is anyone else struggling, 

Not really, I'm afraid...

image.png.cb75b65e5aac3c6e333cc8b8068e1daa.png

I've only lost one league game (to Newcastle early on) and just lost to Liverpool in the Carabao Cup quarter-final. Going better than I expected.

Edit to add: This is the tactic i'm using, it's @Rashidi's Arsenal re-creation, running it exactly as per the original, including Shaw/Malacia as IWBs, but with AFs instead of F9s because we don't have anyone who's good at that role:

image.png.f4c337c461771d03396dcfececb2bf1c.png

Brought in Singo to replace AWB at RB; Barrenetxea to play AML (with Rashford moving to striker). The balanced mentality works great home and away, but I have gone to attacking when chasing a goal late on.

Edited by warlock

Can't complain really either... I only find it hard to offload players.

Just went into the 2nd season. De Gea, Jones, Fred and Ronaldo all left after their contracts ran out. Wan-Bissaka is off to Wolves, Maguire is loaned out to Juventus with a mandatory fee at the end. 

Martial, Shaw and Lindelof are at my U21's, probably until the end of their contracts.

Brought in Giorgio Scalvini, Diogo Costa, Rasmus Hojlund, Yaser Asprilla and Joao Pedro.

Also playing in a fairly simple 4123.

image.png.f37af7a631d2c36b60a64541d357f8c8.png

After tonight I really hope Licha gets a deserved boost. His qualities are obvious and he's probably the best defender we've bought post Fergie. Not even Varane started out this well. Maguire has never played like this.

4 hours ago, byang08 said:

After tonight I really hope Licha gets a deserved boost. His qualities are obvious and he's probably the best defender we've bought post Fergie. Not even Varane started out this well. Maguire has never played like this.

Genuinely surprised by his attributes even before his form for United. Statistically he was among the highest performing defenders in Europe in a host of metrics last season. He basically deserves 2 boosts!

Played 1.5 seasons of FM23 so far with MUFC. Waiting for BETA before playing any more as I've learned enough about the new version to satisfy my itch.

Performances by Martinez have been underwhelming compared to what I was expecting. Maguire very much better as CB in comparison - much greater consistency and ability for that position.

Martinez could do with a boost.

Eriksen, great stats and perfect for the team tactic I was running. But his consistency is also lacking and not worthy of a 'Important Player' status. 

The entire MUFC team requires a much needed refresh from a stats/performance perspective. 

The board is more accurate this season though. Claims to "love the club", but not willing to invest in anything. Hoping my new save won't require much in order to see new and improved owners come on board. 

So season 2 has ended, did we win the title.....

So we had the game against Man City and what a game it was, De Gea made an incredible penalty save from Haaland to stop City going 1-0 up, then we put in the performance of the season.

115297206_4-1citywin.thumb.png.2d49141fdfcc55f89218298c87e16803.png

A 4-1 win, title won against our bitter rivals, Man City's dominance ended, what a game. Martinez who had to step in at DM as Casemiro and Mctominay were suspended and Seiwald was injured had a great game.

So here's how the league ended.

985110841_leagues2.thumb.png.52d98ae2c6d0b5d4fe63ced9e7214461.png

1569592336_18goalsconceded.thumb.png.3f179669387c7f03aeef6c2a3b716116.png

We won by 8 points and were top for most of the season. Our defence was incredible only conceding 18 goals all season. The only reason De Gea didn't win the golden glove was because Costa was supposed to be my no 1 so played a handful of games, but you have probably seen it........ De Gea got the highest average rating in the league, I have never seen a keeper with that high a rating he was just immense. However for some reason he didn't win player of the year, so don't know if they just don't give it to keepers or if that's a bug.

Here is De Gea's stats for the season.

224275845_degeastatss2.thumb.png.7a76e9c083bb17b8085c69dc15f7541a.png

The original idea was to faze De Gea out and let him go at the end of this season with Diogo Costa firmly as no 1, however De Gea had other idea's, what a season he had if only I had played him a few more games he would of easily got the golden glove. Because of his performances I have given him a new contract, and he was happy to take a big wage cut from 375k a week to 170k a week. So De Gea stays and will continue as my no1.

So onto the other comps. Leeds knocked us out of the carabao cup, we lost to Southampton in the fa cup quarter finals and we lost to PSG in the champs league semi final. So no luck in the cups but the league was the priority to end the City dominance and it paid off. Man City who won every cup in the 1st season, won nothing this season as they struggled early on when Haaland was injured.

Player stats for season 2.

1833703351_s2stats.thumb.png.61f75305460297b652633acdb2368704.png1489357584_s2stats2.thumb.png.25a903045fe578d3c334d7c95551a2a5.png 

De Gea was our best player, with Rashford a close 2nd with an excellent return of 31 goals. Garnacho was performing well and keeping Antony and Sancho out of the team before a wrist inury ended his season early and Sancho then stepped up. Seiwald was doing a good job as back up to Casemiro before an ACL injury ended his season. Martinez and Varane were a formidable CB partnership even if Martinez average rating may not show it, I personally think the game is very harsh on him but he's still an important part of my team.

So now onto season 3, we have the league title, now to dominate and win more trophies.

Elanga and Maguire will be sold. VDB just hasn't been that good so will also go, and there are question marks over Shaw and Mctominay. 

So with VDB and possibly Mctoninay going, along with Eriksen now being 33 a new midfielder will need to come in. A new CB will come in to replace Maguire and I want a new striker. Osimhen has been my target all season but at the moment Napoli want huge money, so if I can't get a good deal then I will have to explore other options.

Some of the youngsters such as Garnacho, Mengi and Hannibal will all have their game time stepped up, and I have 1 or 2 regens from my 1st youth intake that could start to breakthrough.

Edited by sedge11

1 hour ago, sedge11 said:

So season 2 has ended, did we win the title.....

985110841_leagues2.thumb.png.52d98ae2c6d0b5d4fe63ced9e7214461.png

1569592336_18goalsconceded.thumb.png.3f179669387c7f03aeef6c2a3b716116.png

We won by 8 points and were top for most of the season. Our defence was incredible only conceding 18 goals all season. The only reason De Gea didn't win the golden glove was because Costa was supposed to be my no 1 so played a handful of games, but you have probably seen it........ De Gea got the highest average rating in the league, I have never seen a keeper with that high a rating he was just immense. However for some reason he didn't win player of the year, so don't know if they just don't give it to keepers or if that's a bug.

The original idea was to faze De Gea out and let him go at the end of this season with Diogo Costa firmly as no 1, however De Gea had other idea's, what a season he had if only I had played him a few more games he would of easily got the golden glove. Because of his performances I have given him a new contract, and he was happy to take a big wage cut from 375k a week to 170k a week. So De Gea stays and will continue as my no1.

So with VDB and possibly Mctoninay going, along with Eriksen now being 33 a new midfielder will need to come in. A new CB will come in to replace Maguire and I want a new striker. Osimhen has been my target all season but at the moment Napoli want huge money, so if I can't get a good deal then I will have to explore other options.

On 28/10/2022 at 17:23, sedge11 said:

So I still haven't got over losing 2 finals in the 1st season, but we move on and the transfers for season 2 are done.

2068917057_s2transfers.thumb.png.4d3c7a59a9399e6a27e34f33bd9d4d06.png

So lets start with the outs - Lindelof was sold because he was in the final year of his contract and didn't want to renew, this meant Maguire has stayed. Ronaldo missing from this list as he was released, don't think I need to say anything about the others.

Now the ins - De Gea is in his final year and will leave at the end of season 2, Costa was going to be my new keeper next season, but as he has a release clause and I hadn't spent much so I thought why not just bring him in now. So he will rotate with De Gea for this season before taking the number 1 shirt. Am hoping to win a couple of trophies to send De Gea off in style.

Seiwald comes in as Casemiro's back up and considering we have been crying out for a dm for years and years, its great to have the present and future of this position set. Livramento comes in as Dalot's back up but has great potential and was a good price.

I didn't buy another striker as I just couldn't get the player I wanted. But I have made Osimhen my no1 target and have my new director of football Monchi scouting him for the next few months. Napoli have been great so far in my save so his value is incredibly high, I'm hoping this will help drive the price down a little.

Congrats on 2nd season.  Especially impressive with very low NET spending.  

Not only did you bring in Diogo Costa but Marco Carnesecchi on a free!  You're set at GK for a generation...as long as you can keep them happy.  I'm interested to see how you manage that.   (note: according to transfermarkt Carnesecchi is under contract to 2026, so goodnews/badnews that we wont be able to emulate signing him on free in full release.)

I really like Seiwald and Livramento is an excellent buy.  I'm inclined to go for Tariq Lamptey (just cuz I find myself really liking him IRL) or converting James Ward-Prowse (he was immense in save @stevemc posted in ManUtd FM22 thread and got me thinking about using him at WB or Mezzela support as well as DM), but Livramento for that price is an EXCELLENT value/quality buy.  

Good luck with your Osimhen pursuit.  I'll be following that with interest too.  Do you have other options if you can't get Osimhen or play long game and wait?

8 minutes ago, DominicForza said:

Congrats on 2nd season.  Especially impressive with very low NET spending.  

Not only did you bring in Diogo Costa but Marco Carnesecchi on a free!  You're set at GK for a generation...as long as you can keep them happy.  I'm interested to see how you manage that.   (note: according to transfermarkt Carnesecchi is under contract to 2026, so goodnews/badnews that we wont be able to emulate signing him on free in full release.)

I really like Seiwald and Livramento is an excellent buy.  I'm inclined to go for Tariq Lamptey (just cuz I find myself really liking him IRL) or converting James Ward-Prowse (he was immense in save @stevemc posted in ManUtd FM22 thread and got me thinking about using him at WB or Mezzela support as well as DM), but Livramento for that price is an EXCELLENT value/quality buy.  

Good luck with your Osimhen pursuit.  I'll be following that with interest too.  Do you have other options if you can't get Osimhen or play long game and wait?

Yea I think Costa is going to be difficult to keep happy as De Gea's form means I just can't drop him at the moment.

Yea Livramento has been good and according to my staff still has massive room to develop, and at only 20-21 could become amazing in this save, I think the reason he was so cheap is he starts the game injured so hadn't played alot in the 1st season. Seiwald was someone I was looking forward to using but the injury has meant I've had to wait, he's still got 6 weeks - 2months out so will miss the start of season 3.

Osimhen is a difficult one, I really want him so may play the long game. But other options I am looking at are Ramos from Benfica, Gakpo and Sesko.

6 minutes ago, sedge11 said:

Yea I think Costa is going to be difficult to keep happy as De Gea's form means I just can't drop him at the moment.

Yea Livramento has been good and according to my staff still has massive room to develop, and at only 20-21 could become amazing in this save, I think the reason he was so cheap is he starts the game injured so hadn't played alot in the 1st season. Seiwald was someone I was looking forward to using but the injury has meant I've had to wait, he's still got 6 weeks - 2months out so will miss the start of season 3.

Osimhen is a difficult one, I really want him so may play the long game. But other options I am looking at are Ramos from Benfica, Gakpo and Sesko.

Still, your GK "problem" is a GOOD problem to have.  Maybe you can keep him happy for a season or two on loan.  If not you still have Carnesecchi.  Still it is a dilemma.  

Unfortunately my laptop died so I've had to restart my save, going from season one this time and looking to change how I play the game a bit this time round.

Usually when picking coaches/players I'll look purely at their attributes but this time I want to see how personality and playing style affects things. So with that in mind I've sacked my entire coaching team, technical director, head scout, head of youth development and director of football. To be considered for the role the person must have either, model citizen, model professional, professional, fairly professional or resolute mentality and their preferred playing style must be vertical tiki-taka or tiki-taka. If they have high attributes that's a bonus. 

Also going to test how training and preseason help with tactical familiarity and team cohesion so we're playing friendlies every Wednesday and Saturday in pre-season and our training is based solely around 3 things: Tactical familiarity, Team Bonding and Fitness work. We are training in every available slot but managing the work load by having days after matches just be team bonding, match review and attacking/defending shadow play.

Transfer wise main target is James Ward Prowse, but also want a CB, a back up striker and another CM for back up.

On 31/10/2022 at 22:20, insai said:

Tips:
Loan to buy. This is a great way to get a player in and defer costs, specially if you can get "Option to buy" instead of mandatory, Its also a great way to sell a player.

When buying from bigger clubs, sneak in a wage subsidy. Keep any eye on expiring contracts and the scouting list for transfer listed players, you may get a gem for peanuts.

When in discussions with a players agent (before making an offer), ask the agent to lower wage demands. They often agree!

Good tips.  Thanks

played through to 2026/27 now.

Had a tycoon takeover in 24/25 - and that sort of ruined the game for me.

This is my current team with base formation:

image.png.5ac9f8c46e5bb2c7933f126c2b1222d4.png

And this is my fun formation that i use for most home games and weaker teams that go low block with 5 at the back

image.png.212d5f4dfa5f10d5f11e671bf1156d9a.png

So Fernandes left ... said he'd achieved everything and needed a new challenge. After trying too hard to get Pedri, i gave up and just retrained Sancho as a central mid. He has been a revelation in that role!

Sesko is a goal machine, as expected, but i wasnt expecting Rashford to pull off Ronaldo like numbers year after year. He has won Player of the Year 3 years running with 70+ G+A each season! Endrick is a unique player. Hard to explain but he plays with a weird elegance... His passes are super crisp, as are his finishes. He often passes to players in better positions to score when he himself can shoot. He gets 9-10 ratings with a goal and an assist. Or 8s with no direct assists or goals.

I have 3 regens that made in into the main team (along with Mainoo who is still in the squad!) + 1 that i bought.

Hetherington - my first 5* Regen. He's developing well and is a squad player now.

image.png.27814bb4115e61c5ca2ea8197a1ff0f5.png

Harry Howell - I was dubios RE: his 5* scout rating... He is knocking on the door but not quite there yet.

image.png.7f036fee385f957e566b50647077efad.png

Enzo Jeame - GK regen. Not sure how good he will be... Scouts are saying as good as Diego Costa.

image.png.10331924e95e88278b0bf50440d41eca.png

Adama Kouraogo - Bought this guy for 33M from PSG since i needed DCs and scouts kept poking me about him. Guess I'll never find out how he develops as i will likely be starting a fresh save tomorrow lol!

image.png.8114ad5124120105059241f5a9612dc5.png

Others-

Here's Endrick:

image.png.5382bcefcb74a4095794a3a5a1659fae.png

Sesko

image.png.448ea7d1bd2fb53344f57d0e2a5b8620.png

MC Sancho :D

image.png.056c22ba99022ece369d011386ca58b8.png

Some more tips :

1. Older players being transfer listed. These tend to be really good purchases if you have the wage for them. I got Son for cheap (20M or so) and he has been scoring and assisting in every game i start him in... Best, Spurs are paying half his wage lol.

2. Retraining players to other positions where you have gaps. In my example - Sancho to MC has worked out a treat, as did Rashford to ST in my second season where he smashed 60+ Goals.

3. Play around with your tactics and see what works. The tactic that works against an even footed team may not neccesarily work vs those who park the bus and play low block with 5 at the back. This year you will use all 3 tactics to get wins.

4. Scout Scout Scout. I tend to do a manual mass scout every June (age 15-17, sort by value and scout the top 100 or so... and then scout players in the youth teams of PSG, Juventus, Milan, etc) to pick up decent regens that may have popped up. Add them to your shortlist to get constant updates. They won't come to you until they turn 18. You will have a smorgasbord to choose from as your players leave or as you plan for the future.

image.png.3fd1908778526a54b9e4a97f16acd13a.png

5. Don't be scared to let a troublesome or underperforming player go. I bought and sold Timber within 12 months as he just wouldn't perform and was demanding a pay rise in his first year. took a 20M hit on that one. Same for Fernandes, wanted to leave, i absolutely hated the idea by gave in knowing that I have capable replacements - albeit young.

6. Must get players:

- Elia Caprile - Cheap as chips (I paid 6M) and plays brilliantly as a backup to Diego Costa. He could be main goalie at a stretch.

- Nikola Milenkovic - Cost me 17.5M @ age 28. Tall DC with good jumping/heading and defense stats.  You will need players like him vs some teams who spam crosses with tall strikers. He will be a first season purchase for me.

- Oliver Skipp - I got him too late and he cost me a pretty penny. Get him early, before he goes to Real or somewhere else. He will bench any other DM you have (he benches Rice often for me).

- Tino Livramento - expensive, but by far the best RB in the game. Dalot is a good, safe option but this guy will elevate your team to the next level

- Endrick - Must buy. Costs around 15M only when he turns 18. He will be a world beater.

- Sesko - Imo, best striker you can buy for less than 100M in the game. He will outscore Haaland. Got him on loan @ 18.5M and paid another 36M to make it permanent.

- Balde - Complete wingback from Barca, plays on left and right. Got him in Jan season 1 for 400k loan, then paid 32M to make it permanent.

Good luck folks :)

Edited by insai

Season One Review

Season one has now been completed and it was an agonising one in the League as we ended up losing out to Liverpool by 3 goals. In any other season our 98 point total would have been a title winning one, but Liverpool matched us having lost their first 2 matches they did not lose again all season.

We did however go well in other competitions winning the Carabao Cup and the Europa League. Reaching the quarter final of the FA cup where we lost 4-3 to Leeds in a game of the season contender.

Transfer wise, we made use of the the installmants feature to bring in the players we wanted, United make enough money and we now have that Champions League Revenue that I'm not too concerned with future budgets being effected by this policy. We may have over paid for JWP but his perfectly fit the tactic we are using and being English we didn't need to worry about work permits. Gagliadini for £3.5m is a must buy as a squad player he is great and will accept a relatively low wage, Goncalo Ramos was another player that we did not pay the earth for but he has really shone. Not too much on the outs except Tottenham having what I can only describe as a mad moment and paying £32m (£16m upfront) for Donny.

Squad wise not too much in terms of change however we promoted a number of youth players into the first team squad to give them some experience and allow them to train with the first team a number of loans returning this year, most of which we will look to move on. Wan-Bissaka has been demoted to the under 18s after what I can only describe as the worst FM performance I've personally witnessed, finishing the aforementioned FA cup match with Leeds on a 4.8 (couldn't take him off as Dalot was injured).

Tactically we played a 433 for most of the season we played with a Raumdeuter on the right, which was changed to an IF towards the end of the season while we looked to try and add a few more goals to close the GD gap with Liverpool.

Season 1 - PL Table.jpg

Season 1 - Competitions.jpg

Season 1 - Transfers.jpg

Season 1 - Squad.jpg

Season 1 - Tactics.jpg

4 hours ago, insai said:

- Nikola Milenkovic - Cost me 17.5M @ age 28. Tall DC with good jumping/heading and defense stats.  You will need players like him vs some teams who spam crosses with tall strikers. He will be a first season purchase for me.

Always been a great buy, having been buying him for years on various fm's. Newcastle brought him on my current Man Utd save for something like 50 mil.

4 hours ago, insai said:

- Tino Livramento - expensive, but by far the best RB in the game. Dalot is a good, safe option but this guy will elevate your team to the next level

I got him for 28 mil after the 1st season, and had a decent 1st season with me and I plan to make him my no 1 RB, good to see he develops well.

Edited by sedge11

Bit off topic but why is Oliver skipp in every RM team i've seen :D

Will be starting the demo at somepoint today too, just to see how the ME goes, missed last years so will be good getting back into it with a better laptop. 

Edited by BigV

Manchester United have not won 20 Premiership titles; they've won 20 top division titles. (Seven first division titles and thirteen Premier League titles.) They've also not won three Champions Leagues; One European Cup and two Champions League's.

(Sorry to be a pedant.)

Anyone else getting a crazy number of injuries?

I'm on 14 Aug in season 1 and heres my list :s

image.png.03720a2aa4c53e4ddc10af51df96633e.png

This was Ronny's second big injury already, first was ankle for 4 weeks. Garnacho will be out 4 weeks. Other players have been injured and recovererd as well. Its threatening to derail my season :S!

Edited by insai

End of first transfer window - and I've gambled our future financial stability with some signings...

image.png.cb7479e2de02af6157e299febb667906.png

Camavinga only 15 up front, rest over 3 years and a couple of other adders. Antonio Silva came surprisingly cheap! Will go for Scalvini next summer for my first choice back 2. Arezo was a cheaper option than Pedro, and younger. I do miss Pedro though, specially since Ronaldo is out with a long term injury. Rashford banging them in though. Milenkovic was a no brainer.

Managed to move on some players, albeit cheaper than i would have liked...

image.png.5e3cb376474a59052926a3a70ea1f630.pngimage.png.a5e58b9caf18c48adb1d34039a8da713.png

Harry has a 20M mandatory buy. I will not renew Ronaldo. 2 injuries in July and August of Season 1 means his stats are taking a nosedive.

10 hours ago, tomtuck01 said:

Manchester United have not won 20 Premiership titles; they've won 20 top division titles. (Seven first division titles and thirteen Premier League titles.) They've also not won three Champions Leagues; One European Cup and two Champions League's.

(Sorry to be a pedant.)

You can say that about most of the teams that have won the big trophies.

3 hours ago, insai said:

image.png.cb7479e2de02af6157e299febb667906.png

Your paying an a lot for a loan, how much extra you gonna be paying to make the deals permanent.

2 hours ago, sedge11 said:

Your paying an a lot for a loan, how much extra you gonna be paying to make the deals permanent.

Silva is an extra 12.5M

Rensch is expensive @ 24M but worth it for his versatility

Arezo is 5.5M

Just had a brilliant nailbiter vs liverpool. Rashford first half hattrick on the counter. Liverpool denied 2 penalties and a goal by VAR and De Gea with a 8.0 rating :D. 39% possession >.>

So just started a new save with United and I’m gonna try and keep the transfers to a minimum for the first season.

With that in mind I’m gonna take some of the choices others in this thread have made with their teams and retrain players before buying new players in season 2.

Firstly formation wise I’m going with the classic 4-2-3-1.

My main starting team will be:

DDG

Shaw/Malacia, Martinez, Varane, Dalot/?

Eriksen, Casemiro

Sancho/Martial, Bruno, Antony

Ronaldo/Rashford

Im currently retraining Rashford as a striker, Sancho as an AMC and McTominay as a CB.

The only transfer I’m looking at currently is James Ward-Prowse who I’m gonna try and bring in and then retrain as an RB, if he’s anything like last year then he’s gonna be great in that role.

Finally I’ve brought Garnacho, Hensen, Hugill and McNeil into the first team, hoping they’ll be getting cup games and the odd 30 minutes here and there to maximise they’re potential

25 minutes ago, insai said:

image.thumb.png.e9a6a4c234b97de8c1e7680a2ab7b7d1.png

Red Herring or will it actually be this awesome come March :D!?

It’s a case of wait until you get the intake.

last year I had a 5* rated golden generation and I got one 4 star player and the rest were 3 1/2 at most, the following year I got a C- rated intake and I got three 5* a couple of 4 1/2 star and then some 3 1/2 stars so it’s just kinda luck

1st season preseason finished and I’ve brought in Ward-Prowse and have him retraining at RB and I’ve just brought in Manu Kone as an understudy for Casemiro.

Kone initially joins on loan with an optional fee of £30m if I want to keep him.

Played Leeds in the first game and won 4-0 with a fantastic assist from JWP for Rashford. Leeds also finished the game with 9 men

27 minutes ago, rstebbing1709 said:

Has anyone else found Antony to be useless?

Wouldn't go that far, but in my beta save he was very streaky and got off to a very slow start. He's frustrating, for sure! If I do another United save I'd probably look to move him on if I could get close to value for him (unless, like all the new signings, he gets an attribute boost at some point).

3 hours ago, rstebbing1709 said:

Has anyone else found Antony to be useless? Almost finished season 2 and across two seasons he has 3 goals and 1 assist, he's been fairly regular in his starts too.

4 goals and 9 assists in 18 league starts for me - with an average rating of 7.16 (He has the highest number of assists in the team)

Sancho has 13 goals and 8 assists in 21 starts, with an average rating of 7.42 by comparison.

Irony of irony's, Donny is keep up with them with 3 goals and 8  assists in 12 starts!

Here's what we look like after the winter window ;x

image.png.116ae01b22f48e1888e507ad9ca610e7.png

Note: Ronny's fked off to Real again for 4M in January. That pissed everyone off and now I have a rioting mob screaming that the squad depth is too thin -_-

edit: Ok i don't like Antony anymore -_-" This happened immediately after i posted ^ lol...

image.png.954d088e6ed574787290477594819c36.png

edit2: Thank you Le Arse! I'm back on top even if liverpool win their game in hand.

image.png.ec8578af210353fab088689dfdd08455.png

Edit3: So i think that 4-5 game broke liverpool. They have lost 2 on the trot since. Im 9 points ahead but they have 1 game in hand. I might just win the title this season!

Edited by insai