FM23: Manchester United The Ten Hag era

sedge11

1 hour ago, rstebbing1709 said:

Has anyone else found Antony to be useless? Almost finished season 2 and across two seasons he has 3 goals and 1 assist, he's been fairly regular in his starts too.

On the Beta I only got to the World Cup where Portugal and England in final. Finished 3-3 Portugal winning on Pens as ironic as that is. 

Antony on that save was hit and miss but he was injured in Pre Season and came back around Late September/ Early October ish so could explain his form for me but not 100% but the team was very inconsistent so much I had the board come to me about the results. Had same problems as we do in real life and not scoring enough but then after giving a bollocking to the team after a dismal performance, next game won 5-0 and the next 3-1 :lol:

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, Zeonflux said:

It’s a case of wait until you get the intake.

last year I had a 5* rated golden generation and I got one 4 star player and the rest were 3 1/2 at most, the following year I got a C- rated intake and I got three 5* a couple of 4 1/2 star and then some 3 1/2 stars so it’s just kinda luck

They're here!

image.thumb.png.e24ed2e7e5fbfffd830301d4462146ae.png

No idea whats going on with this guy lol! When football gods asked him if he wanted to be a DC, Mid, or ST, he replied, "YES." Stats look good for a 15 y/o though! I guess this is what Box-to-box is supposed to be.

image.thumb.png.6a2adfca762e4112b8e384c52d812063.png

Now this guy looks promising :D

image.thumb.png.f6e5305f376d8472c93ee9fb4384bb28.png

20 Rushing out! Either he is going to be hilarious or amazing.

image.thumb.png.0c1b3da137a65e9b133f7738e5be91ce.png

This dude looks sort of ok too...

image.thumb.png.2e346db12c005cd7941ad8e61d8d00e3.png

Anyone else care to share your youth intakes?

So it took a few days but the summer for season 3 is done.

1775038198_s3transfers.thumb.png.931ae3c377c511368c9976c481058816.png

So my main signing was Enzo Fernandez, with Donny leaving and Eriksen in the final year of his contract I needed someone who could takeover, luckily Enzo signed a new deal before the end of the season with a release clause, so got him very cheap.

Lacroix takes Maguire's place as 3rd choice cb, and was a bargain at 23.5 mil. Shaw wanted to leave and has left on loan with Southampton due to pay 22 mil after he's played 15 games for me, so I needed a new left back, and it's an area of not many great options, Lucas Hernandes I scouted and said I could get between 41-56 so in he comes, he has the added bonus of being able to play cb and his left footed so worked out well.

So all of last season I had planned to buy Osimhen this summer, but Napoli weren't willing to sell and were demanding close to 200 mil for him, I looked at Gouiri but Rennes were wanting more than I wanted to pay, so I decided I will give David 1 more season to prove he can lead the line and brought in Toney as a back up and an extra option, plus he is English and could of done with an extra English player as I had got rid of few.

Now I have a problem with Hannibal, he is developing really well for me and played a fair amount of games in season 2. But he is out of contract at the end of this season and so far is refusing to sign a new one. He had interest in him during the summer and I refused to sell, which meant he threw a strop, I have got him over that and he is now happy, mainly because Bruno got injured and he has played most of the games so far. But he is considering his options so I can't get him on a new deal until near the end of his contract. He is the player I want to replace Bruno with eventually, so I am willing to take that gamble of losing him for free, to try and get him to sign a new deal.

Here is how we have started the 3rd season.

813032120_s3start.png.a78e949d4e764d36d3fc804dd272f2e9.png

It has been a solid start, plenty of clean sheets, the 3 0-0's were frustrating as we dominated all 3 games we just couldn't score, the Burnley game we must of hit the post 4-5 times.

I really don't like the new champs league but it is what it is and will have to get used to it.

Toney who was meant to be a back up has taken David's spot and has scored 7 goals in 8 games, including 2 against Leipzig.

On Antony he has been very streaky for me, he can be terrible for 3-4 games then brilliant for 3-4 games, same for Sancho so both players are playing for their Man Utd careers this season. 

So just coming up to the end of season 1...

Won teh C Cup, beating Southampton in the final

In the FA final (vs Liverpool)

In the Euro semi's, drew first leg with Arsenal 2-2, with home leg to go..

and heres how we sit on the table

image.thumb.png.4de7e23fb61139946ebc0fed88f2d571.png

My last 2 matches are City at home and Bournmouth away >.>

squeaky bum time.

edit1... This game i swear....

image.png.ad4ace37f6e946dbc7eb1943fa38ecf4.png

Currently playing man c up 1-0 playing 3 strikers in 4-3-3 lol!

edit 2 -__- city game ends 1-1.

I now need to beat 20th place Bournmouth to win the title!

__

image.png.59671ce3e4769b7f7798b12c45f09bc5.png

So Bournemouth play 5 ATB with 2 DMs >_<. We score early with Camavinga. Fking McTominay comes on for an injured Casemiro. Scores a 25yd howitzer, then gets red carded and we spend the last 15 minutes desperately defending with them scoring one and hitting the post.

Fk me that was draining. Im going to sleep. Cup finals can wait till tomorrow.

Ok i lied >_< Won euro 2-0 vs Lazio. Lost FA cup 2-1 to Liverpool -_-"

Season 1 done.

image.png.344c880480d81ae6b81e5d7c21a1438c.png

image.png.d3c9601cbd738291e552651ef3fd1f7b.png

image.png.2ee19d74426571a5565a06ae0bce4d24.png

image.png.c24af61994d19439d0ead69c0522ce99.png

image.png.e80dd118e2d4aab662d904d01cd7ca87.png

Good night sirs.

Edited by insai

End of first season, and board have me 70m + for transfers. Anyone else managed to get more? Appreciate it depends on yearly payments to other teams/transfers.

Any sign of takeover? During BETA it came up within first season, but not a sniff of a hint about a takeover yet. 

6 minutes ago, Cobblers said:

End of first season, and board have me 70m + for transfers. Anyone else managed to get more? Appreciate it depends on yearly payments to other teams/transfers.

Any sign of takeover? During BETA it came up within first season, but not a sniff of a hint about a takeover yet. 

Going by what I can see in my save I started the other day after full release I will get £65odd million in second season summer window. So may depend how you done in the first season but given you manage to sell some players you deem not good enough could raise some extra funds but I'm sure you will see some players listed or try unsettle players 

So Season 2 - Summer xfer window.

image.thumb.png.bf845e3f190011831f3d24e9447e1840.png

Confirming some loan purchases from last season, and selling some big ticket salary players for (i think) a bit too cheap. In addition to this, AWB, VDB, and Hannibal all went out on loan with mandatory buys attached. Tino Livo is too expensive for me... as is Diego Costa for now. SO i got Ridle Baku as a right sided wingback that can also sub in for antony if needed.

There are 2 more big purchases that happened in January last year, and in June (so it got tagged as last year)

image.png.be5a8163a14af1984739ff4f99c68afc.png

Pedro and Joaquin replaced an outgoing C. Ronaldo, who went back to Real for 4M and better yet no subsidised salary!

I didnt complete Correa who had an Option to buy, cos too old and wanted too much money, but he did do really well for me on loan - so heads up anyone wanting a cheap dynamic forward that can bag goals and assists.

There was no way I wasn't going to buy Bellingham :), and he was my first purchase immediately after getting my next season's budget.

I also tried to move on Ericken and De Gea - Ericksen got a 3 month injury and De Gea was unwanted due to massive salary. De Gea isnt going to renew, and therefore i got 2 young GKs as Henderson's understudies for when he leaves. I may make a play for Diego Costa by unsettling him later this season, or may just stick with what i have.

Garnacho's now in the squad, as are Alvaro Fernandes and Kobbie Mainoo along with my box to box regen extraodinare Steve Ingram (screenshot in previous page somewhere). Scalvini was a mandatory purchase after how well he did in the beta save, and i intend to get Coppola as well before season end, or as soon as i can move on Martinez.

So heres the current squad. After a few rounds this seasons, I will need a proper backup for Bellingham as the 2 youngins arent quite there yet. Will also be getting Endrick as soon as he turns 18.

image.thumb.png.c38df861504fa31380ff26329a69140f.png

image.png

I'm wanting to start my annual Manchester United rebuild (I have managed to get Sheffield Wednesday promoted comfortably and want a wee break).

I have been looking around the squad and club; I have a wealth of coaches in mind and backroom staff ready to go...

However; I cannot get over how underrated Martinez is.

Looking to move on at the end of the season; Heaton, De Gea, Kovar, Bishop, Wan-Bissaka, Jones, Maguire, Tuanzebe, Bernard, Bailly, Lindelof, McTominay, Telles, Williams, Fred, Elanga, Diallo, Ronaldo, Galbraith, Mengi, Mastny, Pellestri, Laird (Huddlestone as a full time coach).

... so that means bringing in ... First choice goalkeeper (depending on how I feel at the start of the season moving Henderson on) back up goalkeeper, third choice. Right back, centre backs, midfielders, forwards...

Looking at... (the usual)

Endrick. Bellingham. Devine. Livramento. Guéhi. Madueke. Rice. Tomori. Vencedor? Tenas? Costa probably the new first choice (Henderson depending).

I'll promote Garnacho. Mainoo & Gore will get a run. Hansen-Aarøen will get a chance too. However, I expect those three to be moved on by Christmas next season.

5 hours ago, mattskelding said:

Rashford looks phenomenal on that! What was your final Goals for an Goals Against?

Is there a quick way of finding out? . It wasnt anything special - not compared to liverpool.

This season is going much better- Rashford is going a goal a game average, and Sancho and Bruno have 10 and 9 each in 14 starts + a bunch of assists. Scoring more than 3 goals a game average this season.

image.thumb.png.ca83b6bf0ca66ee9ddecd62da4395ea2.png

So, I'm in early October in my first save after full game release with United, and I'm struggling mightily....
Currently in a relegation struggle and I'm either not scoring at all or when I'm scoring I'm most often shipping in goals. I haven't had any big injurys, besides missing Bruno for a few weeks in the begginning. As you can see I started horribly and three consecutive wins game me some crucial confidence into the squad, but that is almost all gone after two straight draws agains weak teams.

I play with disable transfer window the first season, so you know my squad.
I play 4-2-3-1 with the usual suspects, Ronaldo is mostly benched as well as Maguire. Martinez keeps getting ratings around 6-6.50. Even when we play well and not concede he's at most on 6.7 when the other defenders are above 7.0...
Players struggling that shouldn't be (other than Martinez) are Dalot, Bruno, Antony, Martial. 
Rashford and Sancho has been my best players, after that is (at least ratings wise) Ronaldo, Eriksen, Maguire...

Played almost until January with United in the Beta and did really well. 
Haven't really changed anything besides playing with DM:s as FM recommend instead of CM:s in the pivot (although I've been going back and forth there, also in game..).
Against weaker teams I play positive/attacking, shorter passing and a bit higher tempo along with a high press and higher backline (that drops off). Against better teams I just tak everything down a notch (mid block, bit lower defensive line, balanced mentality and play a bit more direct with a slightly higher tempo and looking to play balls in to spaces)

Any recommendations on what to change?

Skärmavbild 2022-11-12 kl. 09.00.59 (2).png

Skärmavbild 2022-11-12 kl. 09.10.14 (2).png

Needless to say my job is on the line (18th in the league after 9 games)...
Club atmosphere is good, but the support from my players is abysmal. I start (as I usually do) with a manager profile that has the highest coaching license, but only has a history as a professional player at a local level. Like the challenge.

Besides my reputation it's probably mostly down to form and confidence, but I'm thinking something might be wrong with the tactic. Not suitable or too many instructions?

Dalot I usually play as inverted wing back on support, with mostly Sancho ahead of him as an inverted winger or just a winger. On the other side I switch between Shaw  and Malacia and they're roles switch between inverted WB, WB and FB depending on who we play.

In the pivot I mostly have Eriksen as RP or DLP together with Casemiro on DM (D).

Ahead of them I usually have Rash as IF (A), Bruno as AM (A) or Shadow striker and Martial as AF.

This is the team in the next match agains Sturm Graz at home (play Chelsea away Saturday 12.30 after Thursday night game........).

Skärmavbild 2022-11-12 kl. 09.17.54 (2).png

Oh, and of course, Ronaldo is happy since he wants a new contract and a lot of players don’t like the fact and not giving him a new one…

Plan is to not get sacked, reach mid table before World Cup brake, get Ronaldo out of the club early January and get a new striker in, preferably with a new RB as well.

A few things -

You are playing 2 BWM in the DM position, these guys will be running around like headless chickens closing down players, meaning you will have huge gaps in midfield. Play Ericksen in DM as a DLP, not as RP.

Try Ronaldo as an AF rather than poacher. Also why are you playing high press with a poacher?

Get rid of overlap / underlap. It doesnt add anything to your team. You have inverted wingers, and what sounds like 2x inverted fullbacks. No width at all. Do your players get in each others way? you are playing Wide with no wide players, with short passing... meaning your inverted folks will be trying to cut but recieve no passes as your other inverted guy is stranded too far wide looking for a short pass with very few passing options. Try a few games with  Slightly more direct passing with the early crosses option ticked instead of work ball into box - medium tempo. have both sets of backs as WB-S. see how that works for you. Go standard width or even narrow.

With the players you have, play a standard defensive line with mid block instead for most games.

Get rid of "drop off more." Get rid of "be more expressive" until you start winning a few matches and your players are on high confidence/morale.

McTominay outperformed Casemiro in my team as DM-BWM.

Im not a big fan of whipped crosses :P leave it as mixed.

See that box that says "analysis" does it show any gaps in field coverage with your formation?

There is a match engine issue (at least from what ive experienced) where a verticle high ball over the top will bamboozle your players if you are playing a high line - letting opponent striker in for a goal. now i play standard line mostly unless its vs minnows.

Also not a fan of stoppers, but usually have one DC as a cover.

I think its more a player confidence thing. When De Gea decided i lacked depth in my team when i sold ROnaldo, the entire team agreed and went into a slump and every match was a grind with 2 back to back losses  (including a 5-4 loss to liverpool -_-) in that period. In that time i was being carried by Joaquin Correa and Joao Pedro who were unaffected and recruited as ronaldo's replacements .

Keep at it, and good luck!

edit:

image.png.5228cad9db9e0cdf216442524a675c58.png

so i convinced my trainers to get Rashford to develop first time shots against their advice. This will either go brilliantly, or I will be selling rashford soon lol!

Edited by insai

11 hours ago, mattskelding said:

Rashford looks phenomenal on that! What was your final Goals for an Goals Against?

6 hours ago, insai said:

Is there a quick way of finding out? . It wasnt anything special - not compared to liverpool.

Go to League Page - Premier Leauge - Overview - Stages.  That will show the full table.  The default "landing page" for leagues is the Profile screen.  Stages (the full table) can be set as the "landing page" in Preferences.  

image.thumb.jpeg.29944302704b2df2fa00a58b19614b70.jpeg

1 minute ago, insai said:

Cheers!

Would you look at that, i wasn't that far off liverpool after all :cool:

image.png.6f620749cee9b4756a75b446eada273c.png

This is current season:

image.png.42017c5661b0c3af49701cdb7beac6ab.png

Isn't it cool how we can play this game ENDLESSLY for YEARS and still have "oh! I didn't know that was there.  cool"  

Maybe someday I'll learn how to do to Training instead of just leaving it to my Ast Manager. 

I GREATLY prefer the Stages screen for league Landing Page than the Profile screen.  You can also select different Landing Pages for Clubs (Profile or Squad) and Players (Profile or Attributes).   Nice feature, that like much with FM is very poorly explained.  Physical game actually used to come with a semi-decent manual.  Sigh.

1 hour ago, insai said:

A few things -

You are playing 2 BWM in the DM position, these guys will be running around like headless chickens closing down players, meaning you will have huge gaps in midfield. Play Ericksen in DM as a DLP, not as RP.

Try Ronaldo as an AF rather than poacher. Also why are you playing high press with a poacher?

Get rid of overlap / underlap. It doesnt add anything to your team. You have inverted wingers, and what sounds like 2x inverted fullbacks. No width at all. Do your players get in each others way? you are playing Wide with no wide players, with short passing... meaning your inverted folks will be trying to cut but recieve no passes as your other inverted guy is stranded too far wide looking for a short pass with very few passing options. Try a few games with  Slightly more direct passing with the early crosses option ticked instead of work ball into box - medium tempo. have both sets of backs as WB-S. see how that works for you. Go standard width or even narrow.

With the players you have, play a standard defensive line with mid block instead for most games.

Get rid of "drop off more." Get rid of "be more expressive" until you start winning a few matches and your players are on high confidence/morale.

McTominay outperformed Casemiro in my team as DM-BWM.

See that box that says "analysis" does it show any gaps in field coverage with your formation?

There is a match engine issue (at least from what ive experienced) where a verticle high ball over the top will bamboozle your players if you are playing a high line - letting opponent striker in for a goal. now i play standard line mostly unless its vs minnows.

I think its more a player confidence thing. When De Gea decided i lacked depth in my team when i sold ROnaldo, the entire team agreed and went into a slump and every match was a grind with 2 back to back losses  (including a 5-4 loss to liverpool -_-) in that period. In that time i was being carried by Joaquin Correa and Joao Pedro who were unaffected and recruited as ronaldo's replacements .

edit:

image.png.5228cad9db9e0cdf216442524a675c58.png

so i convinced my trainers to get Rashford to develop first time shots against their advice. This will either go brilliantly, or I will be selling rashford soon lol!

Thanks for the feedback!!

The tactic I showed is just for that particular game, I usually never play two ball winners in DM. Ronaldo is better suited to poacher according to attributes + logic, but usually never play high press when he starts (mid block instead).
I usually have on wingback inverted and the other regular to provide width. Mostly it's Dalot inverted and Sancho regular winger. I play shorter passing because I want to keep the ball on the ground, but also because the ME almost only shows me direct/long balls...

Overall I will take the instructions down a notch a go back to basics a little bit more, to see if this sorts the players performance out...

Thx again!

2 hours ago, Stevmon said:

Needless to say my job is on the line (18th in the league after 9 games)...
Club atmosphere is good, but the support from my players is abysmal. I start (as I usually do) with a manager profile that has the highest coaching license, but only has a history as a professional player at a local level. Like the challenge.

Besides my reputation it's probably mostly down to form and confidence, but I'm thinking something might be wrong with the tactic. Not suitable or too many instructions?

Dalot I usually play as inverted wing back on support, with mostly Sancho ahead of him as an inverted winger or just a winger. On the other side I switch between Shaw  and Malacia and they're roles switch between inverted WB, WB and FB depending on who we play.

In the pivot I mostly have Eriksen as RP or DLP together with Casemiro on DM (D).

Ahead of them I usually have Rash as IF (A), Bruno as AM (A) or Shadow striker and Martial as AF.

This is the team in the next match agains Sturm Graz at home (play Chelsea away Saturday 12.30 after Thursday night game........).

Skärmavbild 2022-11-12 kl. 09.17.54 (2).png

40 minutes ago, insai said:

A few things -

Ooofa, you're not having fun AT ALL, huh?   For what it's worth SI did say that they wanted, and think they have succeeded, in making FM23 harder.  That players would have to make match to match and IN GAME tactical adjustments because the AI would be much better at adapting in match.  So perhaps the biggest idea is to watch more of your matches than you are.  I play on Comprehensive Highlights to get a better idea of what the heck is going on out there!  If I were struggling like you are I'd be watching FULL MATCH (more likely I'd rage quit and start a new game!)

I'm not a fan of BWM period in a Central 2 (and generally dont use them in a Midfield 3). I almost always use a midfield 3 (433 - 41221) not cuz it's a better formation, but cuz I like that I can make the style of play look and feel like what I want, because it's good balanced formation that with some role adjustments can be more defensive or attacks and cuz...it just makes sense to me.

I prefer to keep shape in the center - both mids and DC.  I hate, I mean HATE central mid/backline being carved open.  That giving up goals on the counter and long ball infuriates me. I also hate getting red cards.

I dont know if I'm make smart tactical decisions, but it sure is good for my SANITY but I have long, I mean LONG played FM with a more passive, positional defensive tactics than what seems to be the norm.  I NEVER play with Hard Tackling as default and even when I do want hard tackling I do that in individual player instructions and rarely if ever have forwards, or other poor tacklers set on that (poor tacklers are virtually always set to Easy tackles as I dont want them trying to tackle, failing and leaving gaps).  

DCs are almost always Central or Ball Playing Defender set to Defend.  There is a logical case to be made for Stopper and Cover, my adage is KIS-KIS - Keep It Simple, Keep It Solid.  

I dont think I've EVER used a Poacher so have no thoughts on that.  I'd use Ronaldo as AF, CF or an attacking Target Man.

Crosses - I generally use mixed, although some MEs seem to favor one type or another.  

On the high line, FM22 seemed to tweak match engine away from high line being THE way to play, at least with a good/top club.  I'd played High Line for YEARS with FM, but found FM21 it was punished and Standard line was the way to go (with a tick up or back at times).  This didn't make sense from a "real football" standpoint, but Higher Line of engagement still seemed to be effective with Standard line (it'd seem to stretch the spaces between the lines too much).

BUT if you are going to play the high line, I've always played with a sweeper keeper for high line.  Granted de Gea is NOT a sweeper keeper, but playing high line without a sweeper keeper, even if de Gea isnt ideal for that role, leaves too much space behind the line.

Good luck and Glory Glory

41 minutes ago, DominicForza said:

Isn't it cool how we can play this game ENDLESSLY for YEARS and still have "oh! I didn't know that was there.  cool"  

Maybe someday I'll learn how to do to Training instead of just leaving it to my Ast Manager. 

I GREATLY prefer the Stages screen for league Landing Page than the Profile screen.  You can also select different Landing Pages for Clubs (Profile or Squad) and Players (Profile or Attributes).   Nice feature, that like much with FM is very poorly explained.  Physical game actually used to come with a semi-decent manual.  Sigh.

Yeah, i actually had no idea this was a thing! Thanks mate :) I let AM handle team training, but handle the individual training for a few select players that I want to develop to play my way.

Im just learning how to use the data hub at the moment. Seems incredibly powerful but very badly explained.

26 minutes ago, DominicForza said:

For what it's worth SI did say that they wanted, and think they have succeeded, in making FM23 harder.  That players would have to make match to match and IN GAME tactical adjustments because the AI would be much better at adapting in match. 

Now im not sure if this is just in my head, but I find some matches are abnormally difficult. Like my defenders have got the old Pogba "dwells on ball" trait constantly and get pressed and dispossessed leading to ****** goals- or where i have 20+ shots on goal and the opponent matches or beats me with half as may and half the xG. At the end of it, i find that my closest rivals have also either lost or drawn @_@. So my theory is if the closest rival on the table is supposed to lose or draw, then my match will be more difficult, that being the AI's way of keeping it interesting.

I'm just venting cos that last match where Rashford scored 2 and assisted 1 was a 3-3 draw with friggen wolves -_- with them playing like prime Barca (maybe cos they got Suarez, idk). Needless to say Silva, Milenkovic and Henderson won't be starting the next couple of matches...

image.png.e618438b11bcf3aa6b8893c53e247a09.png

In other news, this years intake doesnt look as promising...

image.thumb.png.7b5d41a0feaa1b9f3cc4fc15f371aa9a.png

A good DC prospect would be nice for when Varane leaves.

Edit -

Beat Arsenal 5-0 at home, now 5 points clear. Rashford scored 2 again. But lost Antony for 3 weeks with a twisted ankle and Fernandes for 2 weeks with pulled ankle ligaments :(

Edited by insai

So De Gea's great season in season 2 paid off as he has just won the world GK of the year in season 3.

1750219329_degeaworldgk.png.1c3ea8e63f2af1993801ce08fa944014.png

I am now starting to faze him out with Diogo Costa taking over.

The season had been going well before a dodgy December has left us 3rd. and playing badly.

779124099_decs3.png.6622223f0aa36ff35a42d653f997d59d.png

However we have just found the perfect way to bounce back beating the league leaders, in the very next game.

1332522606_3-0liverpool.thumb.png.a793ae314f0b72603c9329444236dd2a.png

Now lets carry that on until the end of the season.

How's this for a brainfart of a match ... vs 19th place Norwich -_-"

I regretted my habit of not having a goalie as a sub once henderson started hendersonning.

In other news LIverpool want to buy De Gea @_@.... and im sorta tempted to sell since they offered 14M. If my Erickson sale also goes through i may just have enough for costa.

image.thumb.png.8442ebf33c8b24060dc58b2d71f05e99.png

edit: scratch that... Barella got transfer listed for 31M. Mine i think!

Goodbye old mate T_T

image.thumb.png.fa6d961fdc8bc5df1b89a63071150f28.png

A bit poetic in the end :) Schmeichel is retiring at the end of the year. He is going to be my stopgap for the rest of the season, and Costa will be the #1 target for next season. Kinda cool he gets to retire @ united. Also I will 100% be selling Henderson in the summer. He just can't cut it :(

image.thumb.png.dc5b8fdaae5f2ad47df4fb606e15d373.png

Edited by insai

he did for me in Beta. On my live game, he got 2 huge injuries at the start, then Real bought him for 4M in January. I was glad to have the wages off my books.

Here's my season 2 Rashford :D Not really missing Ronny.

image.png.c16bbab149ca5128e6ab9677c508fc47.png

Edited by insai

For those who mainly play a 4-3-3 DM Wide ( Which appears most are) - do you ever change tactics depending on who you play or do you stick with that all the time? I saw someone say they played a 4-3-3 when the opposition was playing 4-2-3-1 but in all other cases would play 4-2-3-1 themselves

I have used 4-2-3-1 wide and 4-3-3 with a flat 3 midfield and flat 3 strikers at times. 4-3-3 DM wide is just really versatile. I do change roles and where players play in that formation though. e.g. I just put Bruno in AM R as advanced playmaker, and played Barella and Bellingham as Box to Box mids, with Camavinga as DM-Support in behind them. won 4-0 with Bruno scoring 2 and assisting 1. Lost the second leg 2-1 but that doesnt matter im still in the final :cool:

Speaking of final - So I've pretty much won the league with 4 left to play

image.png.d71d35ac9ec547285ffa3b26c4792dac.png

No way city is scoring 30+ goals in their last 2 matches even if i lose all 4. Now here's the kicker lol- my next 4 matches:

image.png.0fcd494ecd45e19dde136aa3e9121832.png

So i can win the title officially @ Roses derby, then Liverpool, Chelski and Newcastle have to do a guard of honor for me (i know, but i still get a kick out of imagining it.) Can't think of a better ending to the season :D

Well i can actually. Beating Inter to win ECL @ Wembley for a league, ECL double  (Crashed out of Cowboy Cup and FA Cup rather unceremoniously ;s )

Edited by insai

When choosing a tactic (I usually pick vertical tici taca) - does it matter if you alter it much instead of just creating a new one with e.g. Control Posession?

I usually create a tactic from Vertical TT and then just alter it slightly to create three different tactics (on attacking, one counter attacking and one control with lower tempo etc).

image.png.a7371d3faa9df5ee174bd2855f80093f.png

Chammpionns

image.png.09e01d71f09e6315e642fa7cb495d88f.png

On the back foot from 12 minutes onwards... Had to park the bus and rely on balls over the top. Ironically, Barella got the assist that beat INter :D

Season 2 done!

image.png.62139a4b763e654269c2df2aba1d0021.png

image.thumb.png.515fd21c5287742e4c07b3ee48d853c2.png

Take a bow Rashford. Bruno, Sancho and Joao Pedro were fantastic too! Also Schmeichel. Made him a champions league winner! And now hes decided to not retire and play another season for me.

image.thumb.png.f786357b1347f688b230d8c6e21ca56f.png

My 16 year old scored the goal of the season! I also beat chelsea 7-0, and got beat by Norwichelona 6-5.

image.png.7dbc423af45d08216110280fbd2c9567.png

Srsly though, this season was all about Rashford. Immense since he got his "first time shots" trait in December.

image.png.a4ecb717d5ca5dfba2393f566bc4a6f4.png

Now to sell off the last of my high earning oldies :) Time to go, Varane.

Edited by insai

Hypothetical question...

Porto are asking for 128M for Diogo Costa :(

PSG are willing to let Donarumma go for 87M-100M. But donny boy wants 400k pw, and costa would want only 140 -190k.

Which option would you choose?

Edited by insai

11 minutes ago, insai said:

Hypothetical question...

Porto are asking for 128M for Diogo Costa :(

PSG are willing to let Donarumma go for 87M-100M. But donny boy wants 400k pw, and costa would want only 140 -190k.

Which option would you choose?

Go for Diogo Costa as he is younger so you will get more years out of him.

See if Porto will let you structure the deal better so you pay it over 4 years etc.

Ended up getting Costa.

Structured it so it was 58M up front, 50 over 36 months and then like 200k per match for 50 matches.

Now i have buyers regret lol! wondering if i should have stuck with Caprile and Schmeichel and just waited for a regen to be scouted.

Fking Schmeichel! Joins me permanently then changes his mind about deferring his retirement and retires on teh 15th of July lol!

Edited by insai

Anyone else managed to sell Bruno at the end of season 1 for £180m (£130m upfront + £50m in 1 instalment)?

Edit: to psg - obviously.

Replaced with Musiala (£90m) btw. The big cash injection has made the save easy mode now. 

Edited by Chetsfmfan

2 hours ago, Chetsfmfan said:

Anyone else managed to sell Bruno at the end of season 1 for £180m (£130m upfront + £50m in 1 instalment)?

Edit: to psg - obviously.

Replaced with Musiala (£90m) btw. The big cash injection has made the save easy mode now. 

I rejected £209m+£52m

lol.jpg

Season 3
I think I've won the league, 7 games in...

image.png.d8d9e9c461abcf9460964c0a275fb211.png

Don't expect Leeds or Spurs to mount a serious challenge. 9 ahead of Arsenal after only 7 games, 8 ahead of City even if they win their match in hand. Have beaten Liverpool, City and Cheslea quite easily at home.

image.png.e695bd8151decf0409d15f086a4cc9b3.png

First half of Arsenal @ home and its getting comfortable

image.png.252ad01820ff78d0e5ca0f55aae87801.png

Never tried De Ketelaere before. Intend to play him as a False 9 in a 3 striker formation.

image.png.e5b6e6ababfd049846224d36216d20fb.png

Edited by insai

41 minutes ago, duvels said:

Anybody tried to go for Vitinha (striker) from Braga after the 1st season? He has a €30m buyout clause and looks like a decent hard working striker who might do a decent job for a few years...

image.thumb.png.908763e7b9aae3169532d6b0bde89c53.png

Scouted him in FM22, seems a great fit as a backup striker or competing with Martial/Rash.

Some may remember I lost the europa league final in season 1 to Napoli, well look what the final of the champs league is in season 3.

404385772_champsleagues3.thumb.png.9362b9aca2277ca3e00b78dd655eed9d.png

We have been drawn to each other in this save, with also being in the same champs league group in season 2, but now this is the time to get revenge for that final loss in the 1st season.

So season 3 has ended, and if I could describe the season in 2 words they would be dramatic and messy :D.

It's been a season littered with injuries and suspensions, hence why the season has been very messy.

Let's start with the league, we had a great start then it all fell apart in December, before we clawed it back, which us going into the final day like this.

1st Arsenal 81 pts

2nd Liverpool 80 pts

3rd us 80 pts

It certainly was a dramatic final day, we went 1-0 up in our game before Fulham then equalised, Liverpool then responded going 1-0 before they were also pegged back straight away to 1-1. Liverpool went 2-1 up in the 2nd half, while we couldn't find a goal hitting the post 3 times in the 2nd half. We got a 90 min pen that Toney slotted home to put us 2-1 in front, but who would win the league................

1898421354_finaldaymadnesss3.png.ab948217b913a245da6b57693307ccf0.png

Well Odegaard scored a huge 92nd min winner for Arsenal to give them the title in a very dramatic final day.

So we lost our league title, but in truth we didn't deserve to win it, as from December onwards we were very poor.

So that leaves the cup competitions.

FA cup we lost in the semi final to Chelsea.

We also played Chelsea in the Carabao cup final, which we won.

1921892050_carabaocups3.thumb.png.da4c10303c303a2ad01d6acd2b4e0eb3.png

Then we had the champs league final against our new rivals Napoli, could we avenge the Europa final loss in season 1. Well Napoli went into the game with their star man Osimhen has he got injured on the final serie A day, when Napoli won Serie A.

1430572166_champsofeuropes3.thumb.png.ac91648da2103e5e392c4930fdb565a1.png

We are champions of europe as we destroyed Napoli 4-0. I may not like the new format but what a run and what a win. This was our complete run to winning the big one.

1546922771_champsleagueruns3.thumb.png.4b6136d0e771a3d18bf685602ee22ef1.png

We lost our 1st game against Real then didn't look back won in incredible run. Eriksen in his final game completing the route was a fitting end.

So we may have lost our league title but we won the champs league and Carabao cup so a good season overall.

My best players were as follows:

804312098_bestplayerss3.thumb.png.d426daad98f0e08b6bac8d90d8bb05f5.png

Garnacho and Hannibal both having really good seasons, and Hannibal has eventually signed a new deal. Rashford continues to be the star man. Ivan Toney ended up being a great back up and got 19 goals in all comps.

De Gea again managed to take Costa's place and kept him out the team. After he won the world GK of the year, I fully intended to faze him out but Costa made a few big mistakes, so I put De Gea back in and he just never lets me down. 

So now onwards to season 4 and the transfer plans.

So far we haven't spent a massive amount with 7 of our 10 signings costing less than 40 mil, but I'm tempted by a couple of big signings this summer.

I'm very tempted to sell Costa and keep De Gea as no1 then use Carnesecchi as the back up. 

I wanted to freshen up the attack, as David, Antony, Martial and Sancho were all very inconsistent this season and caused a fair bit of frustration, Sancho in particular had a dreadful season. So 1-2 new attackers may come through the door, with 2 of the above mentioned being sold.

Mengi has been sold to Norwich for 7.75 mil and Shaw's loan is being made permanent for 23 mil, so another CB could be brought. I do have 1 young CB who came through my very 1st youth intake and is still the best player to have come through.

778282503_nickyjones.thumb.png.289c3f83853cc6dcae27f66c35f01671.png

I think i can say I've won the title already... 14 points clear after 13 matches, already beat 4 of the big 6 comprehensively at home.

image.png.edc99071afa131cc04ac04b82e47ffcd.png

I use 3 different formations, depending on opponent and their formation. Go-to is 4-3-3 DM wide

image.png.5b8f3f131d3fdfb18283332d4135bf2d.png

Coming up to January now - Real are interested in Joao Pedro, and PSG want Antony. I am happy to sell both at this time, though I will miss JP's versatility. Garnacho is wanted by Spurs and Dortmund, and I'm 50/50 about selling since i need him for my Home grown players registration reqs.

Im looking to transition away from wingers in the future, with Sancho retrained to MC-Attack or MC-AP and the rest sold off. Rashy is 100% a striker now. Will be using this formation which i have used on occasion quite successfully:

image.png.f6f4622ff2e0d109a99c1ec4e0e470a3.png

Edited by insai