image.jpeg.49226e878f37f58822c92f6e9e985332.jpeg

FC United Season 18 - 2040/41

Season Preview

Preview

Predicted Finish  = 21st

Competitions

Overview

EFL Championship - 1st. League Table    Past Positions

FA Cup - Knocked out in the 3rd round by Nottingham Forest.

Carabao Cup - Knocked out in the 1st round by Peterborough United.

After last seasons 7th placed finish, I was confident going into this season that we could challenge for the play offs at the very least. We had a decent summer where we only lost 1 player, Mike Purcell 37a moved to Fulham in a Transfer worth £27.5m. Personally I would have kept him but the board accepted the bid and gave me no option to protest their decision. Anyway, we started the season steadily but not particularly well, and you will see from the past positions graph that we actually were sat in 15th place after 20 games. This is when the penny dropped and we started picking up momentum, as we lost just 2 of our next 22 games to leave us in 2nd Place after 42 games. You can see how tight the league was with just 3 points separating the top 6. 7 points from our next 3 games meant we headed into the Final Day as Champions Elect, as our 3 point gap and +12 GD advantage was a hard task for Sheff Utd to overcome, in the end we both lost on the final day of the season anyway. It as taken 18 seasons but we have finally made it to the promised land that is the Premier League and all its riches.

Playing Squad

Squad    Transfers    Best 11

Another amazing season from what is a brilliant group of players. We have a brilliant core and a few decent back up options. Next year is a huge step up and one I hope we are ready for.

GK - Williams 31b

RB - Askey 35c

LB - Diallo 35b - He refused to sign a new deal for the past 2 years and I thought I would lose him, turns out he has changed his mind and signed a new 5 year deal. 

CB - Bascoe 36a

CB - Jabra 30a

CM - Woodcraft 36b

CM - Cook 37b

AMR - Mead 34d

AML - Rouse 36c

ST - Liddle 33c

ST - Tucker 38g - Stepped up in the absence of Jewell 33d and done a brilliant job.

Others

Smith 32b

Jewell 33d - Usually our main man, and started the season on fire with 22 goal contributions in 21 starts, then he got a injury and one led to another and he only managed 5 sub appearances after that.

Rooney 37c

Adkins 39a - Another solid breakout season from him and he is on the verge of becoming a regular.

Jepsen 37d

Murphy 35a

Bennett 37g

Youth Development

Preview    Intake    Personalities

Our most promising preview for a few seasons as led a decent enough intake. 4 elite talents and a top talent who I really like the look off. 

Mcintyre 41a

Devine 41b

Westwood 41c

Gibbs 41d

Davies 41e

Finances and Facilities

Finances    Facilities

Training Facilities Upgrade alongside a Youth Level Increase to Category 1. This was later Confirmed at the end of the campaign. A big disappointment was the announcement that our planned new stadium has been Scrapped. I thought with promotion to the Premier League, this would 100% go ahead but I was wrong. The board did announce after they are installing Under Soil Heating at our current ground though, yay. After that was scrapped I asked for another Training Facilities Upgrade which the board accepted. 

Other

Overall Best 11    Club Records

I reached 900 Games in management this season.

Edited by BigJack

Congrats to the new completionists! Impressively done by all! :applause:

For my own part, I've been away on holiday around Christmas, and then I got covid and was knocked out for a while. Slowly recovering now, so I'm looking to get back into this. Loading up a new save now, and I think I might have a go in Switzerland this time, but not locked into anything yet.

32 minutos atrás, XaW disse:

For my own part, I've been away on holiday around Christmas, and then I got covid and was knocked out for a while. Slowly recovering now, so I'm looking to get back into this. Loading up a new save now, and I think I might have a go in Switzerland this time, but not locked into anything yet.

Wish you a fast recovery :)

1 hour ago, XaW said:

Get better soon mate

2 hours ago, Neo_Geo said:

Season Review
I'm not sure if its because its one of the Timo Mega Pack countries but the top league wasn't hard at all with a domestic double completed in our first season in the top tier with a near unbeaten season and qualifying for the Caribbean Zone Group Stage of the NACL as a result.

Unless you play in Trinidad 🇹🇹,  Jamaica 🇯🇲 or Haiti 🇭🇹  it's pretty easy to win the domestic double right out the gate. Issue will be beating those three countries in the Carribean club championship. Interesting you use Timo over V50s new version of the Caribbean. Any reason? I played a few seasons in Martinique on V50s over Christmas but didn't post about it and was able to go from 3rd tier straight to champion. V50s DB much more accuracy for league rules and for continental qualification with more transfer activity.

Getting deep into my Luxembourg save on a Timo DB ive noticed registration issues with the AI. Now that they are all professional they buy too many Portuguese and french players so can't field subs. Rich clubs won't be a problem for you in the Caribbean though with how tight money is.

42 minutes ago, WhiteCat33 said:

Unless you play in Trinidad 🇹🇹,  Jamaica 🇯🇲 or Haiti 🇭🇹  it's pretty easy to win the domestic double right out the gate. Issue will be beating those three countries in the Carribean club championship. Interesting you use Timo over V50s new version of the Caribbean. Any reason? I played a few seasons in Martinique on V50s over Christmas but didn't post about it and was able to go from 3rd tier straight to champion. V50s DB much more accuracy for league rules and for continental qualification with more transfer activity.

Getting deep into my Luxembourg save on a Timo DB ive noticed registration issues with the AI. Now that they are all professional they buy too many Portuguese and french players so can't field subs. Rich clubs won't be a problem for you in the Caribbean though with how tight money is.

I had the Timo mod installed didn’t have V50, no other reason.

The first season most teams didn’t have a full compliment of players so I suspect that’s why I’ve been able to win so quickly. As you say it’ll be interesting to see how I get on against other nations’ clubs.

7 hours ago, XaW said:

He's going for the holy grail... I'm guessing a Liechtenstein team.

21 minutes ago, JAwtunes said:

He's going for the holy grail... I'm guessing a Liechtenstein team.

I thought about it, but no, I holidayed and looked in Switzerland, but struggled to find a team I connected with. So I'm going to give a go in another country. Been loading up things for a bit now and will post the intro soon, I think.

31 minutes ago, Neo_Geo said:

I had the Timo mod installed didn’t have V50, no other reason.

The first season most teams didn’t have a full compliment of players so I suspect that’s why I’ve been able to win so quickly. As you say it’ll be interesting to see how I get on against other nations’ clubs.

Yeah even with manually setting it to add all players of nationality for the nation things are pretty thin. I debated doing a 3 to 5 year sim to force-generate teams, might do that if I return. Hope you don't have any issues with NACL qualification, I know that was one of the major things V50 edited so that all CCC champions and runners up get into the NACL.

Just now, XaW said:

R6O6Cfr.png

Also, I just love creating the kits now. Found the real logo of the club and created sort of realistic kits for home, away, and third!

8 hours ago, XaW said:

I was wondering when your next update was on the horizon, fast recovery mate

1 hour ago, WhiteCat33 said:

Yeah even with manually setting it to add all players of nationality for the nation things are pretty thin. I debated doing a 3 to 5 year sim to force-generate teams, might do that if I return. Hope you don't have any issues with NACL qualification, I know that was one of the major things V50 edited so that all CCC champions and runners up get into the NACL.

If it goes belly up so be it, this was just a fun little filler until I take on an England save (though Northern Ireland always tempted me as the last British nation not to be completed but always getting Crewe United put me off that).

I'm also off to Hungary! I enjoyed my save in Finland with JJK, but I really dislike the fact that, after qualifying for European football, you'll have to wait almost one whole year to start playing the first European match.
So I'll put that save on hold, and I decided to give Hungary a go.

I chose BKV Előre Football Club, mainly because of their club colours. I just love yellow and blue, as I'm a big supporter of SC Cambuur in real life. But it's also a small club from a big city: Budapest. So a lot of potential to grow as a club.

Yt4iRL5.jpg
HlDQABp.png

9heA1QQ.png

I'm already 11 matches underway. The start went okay. We won our first two matches, but then lost 6 of the next 7 matches. I tweaked my tactic a bit, by making it a bit less attacking. And that resulted in three straight wins. Our striker Ádám Ihos started fantastic, by scoring 12 goals in 11 matches, with 4 goals in his last match.

yvJY2iH.png

n89GpGn.png

42 minutes ago, Vakama2619 said:

Hey what are the rules on Custom Databases being used?

It'll depend on the one being used. Post what you want to use and one of the thread moderators can give the review and thumbs up/down. I do think it has to be a realistic one though, not a fantasy one (like the Zealand US)

Edited by Daddy

Well, that was a short stint in Hungary... Apparently I "lost the dressing room", and the board decided that was it. Kind of annoying as I think we had a good first half of the season, even if we were hanging around the relegation playoff.... Welcome back to the challenge, I guess! :p

Now to look around for another country again...

50 minutos atrás, XaW disse:

Well, that was a short stint in Hungary... Apparently I "lost the dressing room", and the board decided that was it. Kind of annoying as I think we had a good first half of the season, even if we were hanging around the relegation playoff.... Welcome back to the challenge, I guess! :p

Now to look around for another country again...

Follo is waiting for you :lol:

2 minutes ago, The7Striker said:

Follo is waiting for you :lol:

Indeed they are, and I might go there again! Still holidaying out a few options at the moment to find a team that I feel connected with. I kinda want a smaller nation than Norway though....

8 minutos atrás, XaW disse:

Indeed they are, and I might go there again! Still holidaying out a few options at the moment to find a team that I feel connected with. I kinda want a smaller nation than Norway though....

Well...Faroe then :lol:

Hi all... I just had a question since I am doing to do a youth challenge but a little bit different. If your doing a youth challenge what is the point in having scouts if your bringing in players only through your youth intake. Was just courious.

2 hours ago, Fmfan00 said:

Hi all... I just had a question since I am doing to do a youth challenge but a little bit different. If your doing a youth challenge what is the point in having scouts if your bringing in players only through your youth intake. Was just courious.

I use my scouting team to get as many reports on the opposition (upcoming and teams in my league) as possible. Constantly. It allows me to plan my tactics better to counter them.

3 hours ago, Daddy said:

z7qFsDj.png

AeEMPR1.png

After taking a little journeyman break I'm back and in Austria! The other country I had unfinished business with from FM22 (Switzerland and England as well). 

Jf6eTa3.png

XeWw4R5.png

From what I was seeing the facilities are pretty even for teams making the jump in Austria, so I picked a team that isn't immediately broke and seems to have decent depth. 

Bb2KmB5.png

YlhtanY.png

S6O7Rkz.png

As always the goal is survival. Decided to give FM Kit Creator a try over kitbasher. Will take some getting used, but it seems like there's a tony of really cool stuff that can be done. The logo is slightly different but it is the teams primary kit sponsor and kit brand too. 

HPkbcPj.png

Those kits look nice.  Are you paying for a subscription or is that just using the free options?

I switched to Kit Creator a few months back and actually prefer the flexibility you get there.  It's not possible to quickly create kits for loads of teams but I prefer it when you just want to create a couple for your own team.

2030newstadium.png.3ce08653a5dd3c371d5ee362818dc3ca.png

I'm not one to question Mr President but from what I can see on Wiki José Fonte only ever played for the club's youth team and gets a stadium named after him yet the manager who took them from the fourth tier to the first isn't even favoured personnel! One of my players (Senica) is the club's only legend but I'm guessing they didn't choose him because he's still playing.

Edited by officiallydeej

1 hour ago, officiallydeej said:

2030newstadium.png.3ce08653a5dd3c371d5ee362818dc3ca.png

I'm not one to question Mr President but from what I can see on Wiki José Fonte only ever played for the club's youth team and gets a stadium named after him yet the manager who took them from the fourth tier to the first isn't even favoured personnel! One of my players (Senica) is the club's only legend but I'm guessing they didn't choose him because he's still playing.

That’s hilarious (sorry) :lol:

Put this context to practice for real life teams….for my own club if I pick someone who only ever played 1 match for rangers instead of Ibrox Park it would be called Andy Webster Park as he played 1 game for the club in 2008 :lol:

Despite several attempts, Macclesfield has proved too difficult as we were always in the bottom four.  So it is back to an old faithful:

Club Introduction

FC United of Manchester

F.C. United of Manchester - Wikipedia

The Manager

This is me.

N6ueU9O.png

Personal Contract

Season     Contract Start Date     Contract Expiry Date     Pre Tax Wage     Post Tax Wage
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At start          25 June 2023             30 June 2024         £750 p/w          £575 p/w

Personal Coaching Data

Season     Reputation            Qualifications     Att   Def   Fit   GkD   GkH   GkS   Tac   Tec   Men   WWY   Ada   Det   PlK   YoK   LoD   MaM   Mot
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At start   Minimal   (0.25*)     None                 1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     4     1     1     1     4     1     1     1

Club Facilities

Season     Training Facilities  Youth Facilities  Youth Level  Corporate Facilities  Junior Coaching  Youth Recruitment  Club Reputation
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At Start   Basic                Basic                  4       Adequate              Fairly Basic     Basic              Local   (1.00*)

Season Record

Season     Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference     Win Percentage
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Overall Career Record

After Season   Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference     Win Percentage     Time At Club
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Transfer Sale Record

Date               Player                    Position               Club Sold To                 Country                   Transfer Fee
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Trophy Haul

Season     Competition Won
--------------------------

Trophy Cabinet

League Titles
-------------

Cup Competition Victories
-------------------------

Career Overview

Season     Champions League    Europa League    Europa Conference League             League                             Position     F.A. Cup                    League Cup        Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Record Number of Appearances (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                    Cumulative Number of Appearances
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Record Goal Scorer (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                          Cumulative Number of Goals

Record Number of Assists (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                        Cumulative Number of Assists

Record Number of Clean Sheets (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                    Cumulative Number of Clean Sheets
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited by DazRTaylor