The FM23 Youth Academy Challenge

In our 4th season we qualifed for the Uefa Europa League Phase. Already noticed the new format in updates in this topic but it was a special draw .

90daeb11c3e36a6c726958700a45b683.png

0a0c08cadbae1d3d603276f24c25c58e.png

I hope that i get used to this system very quick.. would mean we are playing in Europe every year :) 

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Truro Mid-Season 2 Update

Forgot to write a Season 1 review.... Season 1 was tough - only a starting 11 and 3 subs until the youth prospects came through, and all the key players were unhappy with lack of depth (and still are). 

Ultimately, we finished 15th after a great start to the season.

A few youth prospects look decent, Y24 A/B/C/D/J are in my first team already.

I knew this challenge would be hard, but I underestimated how tricky it is not to be able to plug any gaps with random free transfers! 

Screenshot-2022-12-22-at-23-31-27.png

Screenshot-2022-12-22-at-23-27-53.png

December Season 2

We are sitting 8th in the league (I think we'll end up back around 15th again), and still struggling with lack of depth.

I have some optimism though for next season, sneak preview looks.... incredible.  Let's hope it comes to fruition in March.

Many of my key players contracts expire at the end of this season, and some I don't think i'll be able to keep. We're also losing 20k a month, so we're negative 350k in December... hopefully the chairman will bail us out...

Screenshot-2022-12-22-at-23-23-49.png

Truro Season 2 Round-up

Summary

A weird season - we struggled a bit initially lucking a few results before changing formation to 4-2-3-1, and this helped improve our fortunes. We stayed 12-14th until the new youth prospects came through. They made a huge difference - we went on a 9 match winning streak, and made a late large charge up the table ending 8th... an agonising 2 points off of the playoff spots. 

Youth Prospects

Y25 C/E/B look like great prospects, and I'm excited by P & J too, despite their ratings. Richard Byrne in 4 appearances has 2 goals and 2 assists... which is more than Alex Bray in his 40 games this season.

Screenshot-2022-12-23-at-13-40-27.png

Screenshot-2022-12-23-at-13-31-25.png

Financial Situation

Our chairperson  injected £210k to help with the running costs, so we're 'only' £350k in debt. He's also proceeded to halve our wage budget, and has put a club vision objective to repair the club's financial damage by the end of 2026/7. 

I've had to lose a few of my experienced members of the team due to their high wages, but most have taken a significant pay cut.

Facilities

Screenshot-2022-12-23-at-13-34-24.png

Brønshøj BK live score, schedule and results - Football - Sofascore

Brønshøj BK - Youth Intake Season 8

No absolute stars like last year, but this looks to be a real solid all around intake. The facilitiy upgrades are showing in the depth of talent we produce. The only issue is poor personalities and us being a semi-pro club that can hamper their development. None of these guys can step into the firs team right away, but will hopefully have roles in the future.

s5ZNvW.jpg

Joakim Søndergaard 08a is going to be retrained on the left as an IW(S), since we don't play with attacking midfielders through the center. He looks quite talented, there's just no way of knowing whether he has the hidden attributes to develop, nor the PA itself.

gDQdAW.jpg

Marc Eg 08b on the other hand needs more time to develop, but looks to have a good personality. Would have been nice to have more height given our lone strikers is asked a lot of in the air, but he's not short and he is quick to boot, so looks promising.

q0UFyA.jpg

Will retrain Kenneth Ejsing 08c to play that regista role, since he doesn't have the physical attributes to play as a CM(A) or on the wing in our system. I wish the vision attribute was higher than 7, but he can do a job as a playmaker.

yKO6A3.jpg

I'm trying to get going again on this save. Struggling to find a nation so far. Quick question, I have downloaded additional leagues. For the like of Faroe Islands there is no relegation from the 4th tier. Am I ok to holiday the season and take over a team promoted to the third tier?

2 minutes ago, Shankly84 said:

I'm trying to get going again on this save. Struggling to find a nation so far. Quick question, I have downloaded additional leagues. For the like of Faroe Islands there is no relegation from the 4th tier. Am I ok to holiday the season and take over a team promoted to the third tier?

The rule is that they shouldn't be playable, so what I'd do is only include the third tier in my leagues at the start and you'll still have a team promoted from the fourth tier without them being playable at any point of your save.

Just now, Neo_Geo said:

The rule is that they shouldn't be playable, so what I'd do is only include the third tier in my leagues at the start and you'll still have a team promoted from the fourth tier without them being playable at any point of your save.

Brilliant, cheers.

image.png.57d65bdadccc4013a189c827fe6194e5.png

Motor Lublin - Season 7 - European Deciders

1997022929_EuropaLeagueLeaguePhaseAfter6Matches.png.561fb5c2c7b417a1dfc2b28156071c6b.png

Heading into the last 2 games of the Europa League's league phase, we had to get results against either Fiorentina or NEC, both teams that I know we might struggle against this season.

894974995_ResultsDecidingOurEuropeanFate.png.efad767cdc2bb99af10acefda02a07fa.png

Unfortunately for us, we lost both games 3-1, meaning that we had lost our last 5 Europa League games in a row.

205519575_EuropaLeagueLeaguePhaseAfter8Matches.png.ce433310921b8fd23207576eda2c12b0.png

It also meant that we found ourselves getting eliminated from the league phase of the Europa League, despite our incredible start. Hopefully next season, we'll be doing much better off.

JLAB's YAC with Motor Lublin Part 19

s7AOgB7.png

GWA99oP.png

cDHAAKT.png

I've never managed in Spain before so I wanted to give it a try. 

e9aITbc.png

Pretty good starting facilities, so there's something to work with here. The squad isn't super deep though.

0P3qfzA.png

RywFU4N.png

The goal is 13th or higher to not be relegated. I won't know what to expect until we get games in.

79pzvz2.png

I was trying to the logo used on their actual kits but then I saw this. 

7N7Gc2s.pngLgvsMmm.pngMzTR6HU.png

I really hope I can make this save work because I love the color scheme

8 minutes ago, officiallydeej said:

@darren1983 The reset date for Hungary is June 20th.

Mighty Magyars - Budaörsi SC

I have spent the last week or so reading the whole thread before deciding to dive back in myself for my first attempt since 2021. There has been some terrific content to keep me entertained in work Zoom meetings during the run up to Christmas and huge congratulations to those who have already completed this year's challenge.

I have decided to take on the challenge in Hungary, specifically with Budaörsi SC. Although the team are almost 100 years old they have no real success of note, hopefully I will be able to change that. I've chosen Hungary for two reasons. Firstly, it's one of the countries where this challenge has not yet been completed. I'm not sure how easy this will be as I did notice on the list the youth rating here is rather low. We do start as a professional outfit however which should help aid develop of the youths we do produce. Secondly I want to try and create something close to the great Hungarian team of the 1950s, led by Real Madrid legend Ferenc Puskas and often referred to as the Mighty Magyars. They were noted for several famous games in the mid fifties, including the 'Match of the Century' in which they beat England 6-3 at Wembley and a famous run to the 1954 World Cup final, eventually losing to champions West Germany despite being huge favourites. Although this challenge obviously doesn't include international management, if by some miracle I do complete the challenge I will look to take over the Hungarian national team and continue playing.

Hired.png.75f817cec9655a996b35518d63097384.png          Preview.png.c4f3d6389be2cf8d6587705955f2a553.png       Profile.thumb.png.2130c698f007bbe7efbece0813c29e90.png

It’s a great thread isn’t it?

Looking forward to seeing Hungary being attempted. Good luck.

2 minutes ago, hubwub said:

@Neo_GeoI think it's time to take my talents out of the Americas and into Europe.

So far in FM23, I've completed the challenge in North America and South America.

Where are you thinking?

incomplete country?

one of the big 5?

Obscure nation?

Hmm. We seem to have a 2nd team I have no way of accessing. One of the players has just come to me unhappy I rejected an offer for him, spent ages looked for him before it told me he plays for Budaocrs II. When I go to click on that squad there's no hyperlink, I can't search for them and can't find them in my development centre of any other way. Anyone had this before and know a workaround? There seems to be 20 players in there I can't look at or get to unless someone bids for them.

First season in the championship. we are beavering about fighting away left right and centre! scrapping for every tackle and point. It is tough, and I haven't had a half decent player in 3 seasons or so now, could really do with something. I actually think i may go down here, we just can't put a win together and keep slipping and sliding down. We shall fight!

image.thumb.png.25286b7d2cd6f4342f41f1bd7ce01a5e.png

Edited by Barnsley

s7AOgB7.png

2023/24 Midseason Review:

KmKXWLT.png

Weird team. Everyone is either old and grumpy (already leaving club when I took over), or young and not good enough. Dealt with a fair bit of injuries too. If everyone stays healthy enough I think we can survive and hope the intake gives us some capable players.

Intake Preview:

fX7vIGy.png

Speaking of the intake, it looks pretty promising. Will need to do some retraining I'm sure but it seems like there will be about 8 players with some potential. Now to survive that long.

image.png.d2091ac420a5d30a44e58ab8e658c7b7.png

TECOS FC END OF THE SEASON 2030-2031 (mexican 1st division)

Hello everyone ! 

To do a quick reminder last season we finished 8th in the opening stage and 17th in the closing stage 

Here the team as we speak 

Spoiler

team.thumb.PNG.9e44c026a1ff23ead50d44b57c4a8ae7.PNG

Nothing really changed since last year , we just had 2 good youngsters which play respectively left and right back , so we have a lot of options in the wide area 

We had a roughter start of the season than last years, but we managed to secure some wins and we finished 12th of the opening stage, just enought to be in playoffs where we lost in the first qualifying round , a boring first half of the season to be honest

Spoiler

opening.thumb.PNG.19adb470531b9be8f35971521f250cbc.PNG

The interesting part comes here, if you remember last updates our best player , the goalkeeper , was leaving the club at the end of his contract in the middle of the season so we needed a player to replace him, i had a few choises and among them my backup keeper ( Bernardo Partida ) who played good when we needed him for the past years. He played 4 games but he did too much mistakes to give him other chances to play , so we needed a change.

I had 4 youngsters playing in the u20 team available as keeper, all had pretty much same level and potential but i decided to let my younger one ( 17 years old ) have a try , he had a great personnality and he played well in the young team

I was really scared of him and was expecting to concede a lot and ... he was an absolute beast

Spoiler

silva.thumb.PNG.667a029a365fe8b820aae68df1476266.PNG

As you can see he played 15 game in the club conceding only 13 goals with 7 clean sheets and 3 player of the match which is monstuous as 17 years old despite his small build for a keeper

He played really well in u20 national team too in really tough games against major countries too and i expect a lot from him for coming years

Thanks to him we finished 10th in the closing stage so it's the first year since the start of the challenge that the club play both playoff in a year, Sadly we didn't manage to win the qualifying game like in the opening

Spoiler

closing.thumb.PNG.0a58dfa332502f063a6652e706cd988a.PNG

We were lucky this year to not lose a player , we only selled a backup left back who played absolutely terribly in his new team in 2nd division so no big deal 

Spoiler

transfers.thumb.PNG.6b5f01c9053a26d4020a38f52e9bd2ef.PNG

We still can't upgraded facilities this year because we have no money and it shows as this year intake was good but no gem hidden in it, no good personalities this year too 

Spoiler

preview.thumb.PNG.6d5208f94e6937215173bb0286c69f85.PNGintake.thumb.PNG.462fc45b5e8b78e7fa194c27f9b75ec6.PNG

We did a good year in global but no big improvement either, if we can't upgrade our facilities i think we will at best stagnate in mid table as im not a good enough coach to do big results with the level of the players

We might sell players in we have a very good offer next year to generate some ressources 

Edited by MacronQLF

Karşıyaka SK

Season 6 -  2028/29| TFF 1.Lig - 10th (Media:18th) | Cup - 4th Round

I never thought that the 1st season without my top scorer from the last 4 years would be so good. We could finish 10th even we had the chance for the playoffs but wasn't constant enough at the end. After the winter break my team had a run of 9 games without defeat so we could manage to avoid the relegation. At the begin of the season my right back Gökay Dincel left me for 1.3 mio and at the winter break my right back Görkem Iyik for 1.2 mio. Görkem Iyik is a big lost because it was my best player and had a 4 years contract left but my president wanted to sell the player to Fenerbahce. After Mehmet Kalkan left, Kerem Can was my top goalgetter. Also my new goalie Muhammed Sari from the youth make a big step so I had a good goalie for the entire season. It's a bit of a speciality of my youth to get good hot prospects as a Goalie!

Manager | Transfers | Overview | League Table | League Stats | Club Overview | Facilities |Squad |Squad Stats |Youth income

Top 5 players

Muhammed Sari - 31 games - 45 conceded - 9 clean sheets - 6.90

Umut Kilic - 34 games - 4 goals - 1 assists - 6 POM - 7.39

Murat Tükenmez - 33 games - 1 goal - 0 assists  - 7.15

Kerem Can - 35 games - 15 goals - 7 assists - 1 POM - 6.92

Baris Celik - 32 games - 13 goals - 9 assists - 6.86

Top 3 prospects

Yasin Güleryüz - center midfield

Selim Kum - Left back

Mustafa Kurt - Right back

Edited by gb2003

Karşıyaka SK

Season 7 -  2029/30| TFF 1.Lig - 7th (Media:17th) | Cup - 5th Round

I had a really good season and after the winter break we had a monster run to finish in the playoffs. We won 6 of our last games but lost the 1st playoff game against the team which won the playoffs at all so they play in the süper lig. They had a great 2nd half of the season and only lost against me in the league but could manage to win in the playoffs. I'm still happy for the really good season. It was my 1st season without a lost of a key player. I could renew most of the contracts from my key players like Umut Kilic or Murat Tükenmez without a release clause. This is so important because Umut Kilic play so good and is a key that I played such a great season. I still don't have a new good striker but Kuray Gebeci looks good with finish 15 and a height of 199 cm.

Fun fact about Football Manager: Mehmet Kalkan plays again 2nd league. He left me because he wanted to play in the süper lig. He played 1 game for Trabzon in the cup and is after 1,5 years back in the league on a fix transfer to Fatih Karagümrük. It's really annoys me that he scores now for another team. I think I would finish better with him this year. I had three major departures in the game and all three players play in 2nd league. 2 on loan and on on a fix transfer. So what's the deal that they wanted a transfer to a bigger club. This is what I don't like in fm.

Manager | Transfers | Overview | League Table | League Stats | Club Overview | Facilities |Squad |Squad Stats |Youth income eliteYouth income top

Top 5 players

Muhammed Sari - 36 games - 41 conceded - 12 clean sheets - 2 POM - 7.00

Umut Kilic - 31 games - 1 goal - 1 assist - 5 POM - 7.23

Murat Tükenmez - 33 games - 1 goal - 0 assists  - 7.15

Kerem Can - 32 games - 13 goals - 6 assists - 4 POM - 6.91

Mustafa Kurt - 33 games - 0 goals - 8 assists - 1 POM - 7.14

Top 3 prospects

Kuray Gebeci - striker

Eran Özduran - center midfield

Aziz Mert - striker

FC_JJK_svg.png.b71c5c39f1117a1504467318339ac41e.png

Jyväskylän Jalkapalloklubi
Youth intake season 3 | 2025

I'm back in Finland! I continued my save with JJK, and I'm currently in season 2025, my third season at this club. In the last weeks I posted about my save in Germany with Lok Leipzig, but I wasn't really enjoying it. So I went back to this save, and I just love it.

I will do the season review later, as the season isn't over. But I will post about the youth intake first.

The preview we got was a promising one. I made U20 Manager Tim Sparv responsible for the intakes. He has a Model Citizen, so I hope it will effect our intakes.
oAlCqqL.png

The intake itself was a very good one! No less then 9 Elite Talents, and some of them shows lots of potential.
xn3L0ps.png

Spoiler

LCLYGvg.jpgOg40qdd.jpgUUMOr3Z.jpgEIAmkhR.jpgpj2JJIe.jpga13R1Ez.jpgnwjUKkf.jpg

And last but not least: we got our first 2 internationals! Haglund 23a and Eriksson 23e, both from our very succesful 2023 intake, have been called up for the National Team of Finland.
JFtTrGf.jpg

To be called up is one thing, but scoring a hattrick in your first international match is just magnificant! And Haglund 23a scored the other goal, so both of my players were responsible for all the goal for Finland and their great win against Turkey. This is just great!

ZjaHQZP.jpg
C6FShHz.png