The FM23 Youth Academy Challenge

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, phnompenhandy said:

@Cultured Left Foot

I didn't realise you posted the career here - I follow your save on YouTube. I'm a massive fan of lowest league and academy challenges. I'd love to share my career here, but I'm managing Loch Ness, using a lower league mod and choosing the team I manage to nowhere.

Yeah, I thought I'd track it here as well.... that doesn't mean you need stop watching the videos though :lol:

Congrats @glennuk kudos to you for continuing with Woking and not giving up even when FM23 came out, was really hoping you’d do it.

Also congrats @hubwub , outstanding to achieve that so early, that’s got to be a record surely?

Its a good job there is this Timo Megapack, at this rate all the eligible vanilla countries will have been completed soon :lol:

37 minutes ago, Neo_Geo said:

Congrats @glennuk kudos to you for continuing with Woking and not giving up even when FM23 came out, was really hoping you’d do it.

Also congrats @hubwub , outstanding to achieve that so early, that’s got to be a record surely?

Its a good job there is this Timo Megapack, at this rate all the eligible vanilla countries will have been completed soon :lol:

Thanks, now I just have to do it in FM23 :) Started both an Indonesian and German save so will see how they both go.

It took me WAY too long in England, so I will probably avoid going back there for a while.

7 hours ago, glennuk said:

@darren1983 -  I hope you don't mind an FM22 post. But

Challenge Completed! FM22

image.png.9e3e15fdd97efa25daa1c049553e9867.png

Worthing FC - Season 34 - End of Year Review - Can We? Did we?

League - 1st

An amazing league campaign, which almost got derailed at the last hurdle. With 5 games left we were 8 points clear at the top. With arguably an easy (ish) run with 3 very winnable games.

image.thumb.png.0b68981725f73d58093353d7206b9dc8.png

We only got 6 points from those first 4 games and just needed a draw away to Tottenham to win guarantee winning the league (as Man City had won their first four games and closed the gap).

image.thumb.png.8cc8bf2942f6c28a64fa512be5d82a3f.png

League....completed!

We did our best to make it hard for ourselves with only 7 points from our last 5 games, but what a ride this season was. We were lucky in the fact that Man City had their worst season for a while and we had an amazing start of the season, which meant when the dip came we had enough of a gap to survive.

image.thumb.png.6328d7e2b8eb7f9861fd3281778a4d2c.png

Europe

After winning the European Super Cup against Man U, we had a mini European win. Little did I know we would have a crazy tournament in the Champions league itself.

We comfortably cruised past Sampdoria (an easier draw than we have had in the past) and AS Monaco in the first two rounds. However the semi final against Bayer 04 was a different story. After winning 4-1 in the first leg, I thought it would be an easy road to the final, but we were battered and just held on to win on aggregate.

image.thumb.png.b160c8143a5f0f3cdd374ec56437c021.png

We were in the FINAL vs Man U of all people. We beat them in the European Super Cup, could we do it again?

image.thumb.jpeg.869cc5aaa6b6ceac5b1b62b7eecd5579.jpeg

Yes! Yes we could. We did the DOUBLE! Technically the Triple (with the European Super Cup) and we have BEATEN THE CHALLENGE!!!

For a long time I thought I would never complete this challenge and almost gave up (5 in game years ago). I also NEVER thought we would win both in the same season, but we got such a lucky draw, with the fact that we faced teams that all finished 2nd, 3rd or 4th in their respective leagues. Also it's crazy that the only reason I am in the Champions League this season, is due to winning the Euro Cup last season!

We won comfortably vs Man U who had a terrible league season and were 11th. To be in the Champions league final against an 11th placed team is some stroke of luck indeed!

image.thumb.png.1858ae36f3cec4745a9e1c77b2111236.png

image.thumb.png.217200bb34b56b1cecc4dec42c26443b.png

Champions League....completed!

If you are interested to see what my Youth players looked like at the end of the challenge, they are all in the FM22 Youth Academy Challenge Thread (post link here - 

That's fine to post here mate, congrats. Had been keeping an eye on you in the old thread so am happy to see you finished it off. Have added you to the HoF.

3 hours ago, hubwub said:

spacer.png

CDS Tampico Madero - Liga BBVA MX - 2026/2027

Scotiabank CONCACAF Champions League

M1lST52.jpg

Iex7gXm.png

AHHHHHHHH! I think I completed the challenge.

I still have the Clausura to go for the treble.

And another congrats here as well. Very quick well done. Have also added you to the HoF

1 hour ago, Neo_Geo said:

I think it could be a record.

6 minutes ago, darren1983 said:

That's fine to post here mate, congrats. Had been keeping an eye on you in the old thread so am happy to see you finished it off. Have added you to the HoF.

And another congrats here as well. Very quick well done. Have also added you to the HoF

@darren1983I completed the challenge for Mexico. I think it's a first for North America.

Also, we can cross out Mexico for being completed in the dynamic youth rating.

I'll have a final post about my game soon.

2 minutes ago, hubwub said:

I think it could be a record.

@darren1983I completed the challenge for Mexico. I think it's a first for North America.

Also, we can cross out Mexico for being completed in the dynamic youth rating.

I'll have a final post about my game soon.

Sorry am half asleep. Of course it was Mexico. Will change now 

7 hours ago, glennuk said:

@darren1983 -  I hope you don't mind an FM22 post. But

Challenge Completed! FM22

image.png.9e3e15fdd97efa25daa1c049553e9867.png

Worthing FC - Season 34 - End of Year Review - Can We? Did we?

League - 1st

An amazing league campaign, which almost got derailed at the last hurdle. With 5 games left we were 8 points clear at the top. With arguably an easy (ish) run with 3 very winnable games.

image.thumb.png.0b68981725f73d58093353d7206b9dc8.png

We only got 6 points from those first 4 games and just needed a draw away to Tottenham to win guarantee winning the league (as Man City had won their first four games and closed the gap).

image.thumb.png.8cc8bf2942f6c28a64fa512be5d82a3f.png

League....completed!

We did our best to make it hard for ourselves with only 7 points from our last 5 games, but what a ride this season was. We were lucky in the fact that Man City had their worst season for a while and we had an amazing start of the season, which meant when the dip came we had enough of a gap to survive.

image.thumb.png.6328d7e2b8eb7f9861fd3281778a4d2c.png

Europe

After winning the European Super Cup against Man U, we had a mini European win. Little did I know we would have a crazy tournament in the Champions league itself.

We comfortably cruised past Sampdoria (an easier draw than we have had in the past) and AS Monaco in the first two rounds. However the semi final against Bayer 04 was a different story. After winning 4-1 in the first leg, I thought it would be an easy road to the final, but we were battered and just held on to win on aggregate.

image.thumb.png.b160c8143a5f0f3cdd374ec56437c021.png

We were in the FINAL vs Man U of all people. We beat them in the European Super Cup, could we do it again?

image.thumb.jpeg.869cc5aaa6b6ceac5b1b62b7eecd5579.jpeg

Yes! Yes we could. We did the DOUBLE! Technically the Triple (with the European Super Cup) and we have BEATEN THE CHALLENGE!!!

For a long time I thought I would never complete this challenge and almost gave up (5 in game years ago). I also NEVER thought we would win both in the same season, but we got such a lucky draw, with the fact that we faced teams that all finished 2nd, 3rd or 4th in their respective leagues. Also it's crazy that the only reason I am in the Champions League this season, is due to winning the Euro Cup last season!

We won comfortably vs Man U who had a terrible league season and were 11th. To be in the Champions league final against an 11th placed team is some stroke of luck indeed!

image.thumb.png.1858ae36f3cec4745a9e1c77b2111236.png

image.thumb.png.217200bb34b56b1cecc4dec42c26443b.png

Champions League....completed!

If you are interested to see what my Youth players looked like at the end of the challenge, they are all in the FM22 Youth Academy Challenge Thread (post link here - 

amazing @glennukwell done mate!

After the disaster of being sacked, I am nothing if not a persistent bugger so we go again in Finland.  New club this time.

Club Introduction

Musan Salama

Musan Salama - Club profile | Transfermarkt

The Manager

This is me.

EikWfvm.png

Personal Contract

Season     Contract Start Date     Contract Expiry Date     Pre Tax Wage     Post Tax Wage
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At start      15 December 2022         30 November 2023         £300 p/w          £220 p/w

Personal Coaching Data

Season     Reputation            Qualifications     Att   Def   Fit   GkD   GkH   GkS   Tac   Tec   Men   WWY   Ada   Det   PlK   YoK   LoD   MaM   Mot
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At start   Minimal   (0.25*)     None                 1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     4     1     1     1     4     1     1     1

Club Facilities

Season     Training Facilities  Youth Facilities  Corporate Facilities  Junior Coaching  Youth Recruitment  Club Reputation
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At Start   Below Average        Below Average     Adequate              Average          Fairly Basic       National   (2.00*)

Season Record

Season     Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Overall Career Record

After Season   Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference     Time At Club
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Transfer Sale Record

Date               Player                    Club Sold To                 Country                   Transfer Fee
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Trophy Haul

Season     Competition Won
--------------------------

Trophy Cabinet

League Titles
-------------

Cup Competition Victories
-------------------------

Career Overview

Season     Champions League    Europa League    Europa Conference League             League                Position     Suomen Cup         Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Record Number of Appearances (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                    Cumulative Number of Appearances
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Record Goal Scorer (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                    Cumulative Number of Goals
---------------------------------------------------------------

Record Number of Assists (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                    Cumulative Number of Assists
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Record Number of Clean Sheets (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                    Cumulative Number of Clean Sheets
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited by DazRTaylor

43 minutes ago, Shankly84 said:

Do Russian and Belarussian teams still play in Europe on this version?

Belarussian teams do, but they don't play their European games in Belarus.

Edited by JLAB

@WinskiYour HOYD with some great recruitment on Kalle Haglund 23A.

For those that previously played in South America, did you add neighboring countries?

I'm trying to figure out if this setup is just fine.

- Current International Players (North America, Asia, Africa, Europe, North America, South America)

- Players from Top Clubs (South America)

- Players from Clubs in Continental Competitions (South America)

Edited by hubwub

42 minutes ago, dylan.gangat said:

108542.png.d2cae98e3ff05442bf8d83fc21eac35e.png

Olimpo

This will be my first attempt at trying to complete the youth academy challenge and I'll be heading to Argentina in hope of achieving this.

20221126020307_1.thumb.jpg.35e6cd2e24d0ca2f60ba42f0a457118f.jpg      20221126020957_1.thumb.jpg.ac947da24f91054aad06adee26ef87ea.jpg      20221126025744_1.thumb.jpg.17df4ae0679ec1f8acd1e12c1977c313.jpg      20221126025840_1.thumb.jpg.b169bf945e58807d91254d257e2ab0a6.jpg      20221126023057_1.thumb.jpg.fb8019796a7cf930a09c7c27169fbcd7.jpg    

Damn, I got Olimpo as well. T_T

I'll reroll for a new team so there is no overlap.

7 hours ago, hubwub said:

@WinskiYour HOYD with some great recruitment on Kalle Haglund 23A.

For those that previously played in South America, did you add neighboring countries?

I'm trying to figure out if this setup is just fine.

- Current International Players (North America, Asia, Africa, Europe, North America, South America)

- Players from Top Clubs (South America)

- Players from Clubs in Continental Competitions (South America)

I got more or less the same  plaus all the players in brazil. plus I took england and spain as playable and major euro countries as view only. took all south american countries top league as playable to add to competition.  I will probably pay for it though....my turkish game really lagged after 13 seasons.

FC United - Season 10

Ahhhh so close so so so so close, we made it to the playoff final with an incredible run. I was in the top 4 for most of the season, dropped out the playoffs with 10 to go and went on a crazy run of winning 8 on the spin. We came 3rd in the end. We beat South Shiels in the playoff semi until we faced Kidderminster who lost out on the title by goal difference. I was of course not expecting to win, but I was not expecting the manner in which we went at FT after a tight game at 1-1. :D gutted and also super pleased with the progress. Big season coming up!

image.thumb.png.a092f524d7fe3031b1ef5bde683643b1.png

image.png.14bb53210a79dc8e267ffc5357fdc015.png

Season 2 - 23/24

image.thumb.png.c7664d9d7017f07b34e4b2c7b61387f6.png

Definitely an improvement on last season's performance. Had a woeful start but a switch to a 3ATB formation paid dividends and we recorded the club's highest ever league finish. With a bit of luck, I think we can push for a playoff place next season.

image.thumb.png.267ef804144cf53e8265cd052fe63362.png

Hoxha didn't have much gametime with the club however he was called up to the Albania U19s making him the first player at the club to have some kind of international experience.

image.thumb.png.96609d7708fbc2dee211ae0aab43b5ad.png

Loon was the best option at LWB at the club and he did quite well given his technical limitations. I think he'll make a better CB and that's where he'll be used next season thanks to a good LWB coming from this years intake.

Completely forgot to screenshot the actual intake screen but here's the U19 squad now. 

image.thumb.png.0cf51a5c8745baec9bb800e694e9faa8.png

Not pictured are the two players below who go straight into the first team squad. 

image.thumb.png.6456a1a24e1a368bc1253d31be1114d4.png

image.thumb.png.0c0fff241cede2702519e86ebf31e544.png

image.thumb.png.2339d385970a31aeb27c949c52e69181.png