The FM23 Youth Academy Challenge

Waiting for the full release to start a save. Not sure if I'll go somewhere in Europe, or wait for some league packs and take another shot at the Carribean, maybe in somewhere more domestically competitive like Jamaica.

I've been looking at potential clubs in Europe and I was wondering if people know whether teams move between non-playable divisions. I seem to recall years ago it being possible for teams in step 8 in the English pyramid to get "promoted" under the hood to step 7, then making it into the playable leagues on reset day. And it was possible to get those teams into a playable league by holidaying multiple years into the future.

Is that still the case, or has it ever been? And does anyone know if that applies to more than 2 steps of non-playable divisions, like what the game would call "regional lower leagues"?

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, Braumiller said:

Does this file mean that in game the name "Surname 26A" shows up instead of the full nickname if just using the nickname ingame???

If so, (bug aside) is there a link you could provide to show how to accomplish this?  Never knew you could do this! (if you can)

Me neither!

5 hours ago, The_Gato_In_Goal said:

I've been looking at potential clubs in Europe and I was wondering if people know whether teams move between non-playable divisions. I seem to recall years ago it being possible for teams in step 8 in the English pyramid to get "promoted" under the hood to step 7, then making it into the playable leagues on reset day. And it was possible to get those teams into a playable league by holidaying multiple years into the future.

Is that still the case, or has it ever been? And does anyone know if that applies to more than 2 steps of non-playable divisions, like what the game would call "regional lower leagues"?

Macclesfield FC are in my league now (National League North) and I'm pretty certain they don't start in the division below us. They first appeared in 2026/27, so it definitely seems possible.

10 hours ago, JAwtunes said:

I've noticed that on FM22 doing exactly the same as you.  I export the player data to create the names for the .inc and notice that the DOB in game is now different to that shown in the export.  The visible attributes, personality, position etc. all matched.

Didn't notice it happend in FM22 as well, but thought it very strange!

9 hours ago, Braumiller said:

Does this file mean that in game the name "Surname 26A" shows up instead of the full nickname if just using the nickname ingame???

If so, (bug aside) is there a link you could provide to show how to accomplish this?  Never knew you could do this! (if you can)

I was about to write up a big post, but noticed that @SuperRedditchhad given a great summary. If you have any questions though, ask either of us! And yes, that means the player is "Surname 26a" on the pitch instead of "Firstname Surname 26a" everywhere. Also in the intro screen:

image.png.75c120b1561fa0fe05f7b1ea4c5b38db.png

16 hours ago, OlivierL said:

image.jpeg.6dbf3bea02f90d20c8ce0597d14d2b97.jpeg

Season Preview | Competitions | Trophy Cabinet

dbf52fe3dd8e5b8bfde9108f36c1c664.png

a1c3b697b0124d28bdd0dc2114d1549d.png

b9af9114293bc2b21d4adb7ce5b442e6.jpg

Eerste Nationale - Fixtures 1 - 2 We had a great season , we only lost our first two games at the end of the season. 

Croky Cup: We beated Geel and City Pirates. Zulte Waregem (first tier team) was too strong in the fifth round.

U21: They are playing in two competitions(bug). They Finished 6th in the Reserve League 1B and 5th in the first national reserve division.

U19: They won the U19 National 1 leauge.

e5d5be994f47d39094b901ce1b8e2d12.png

image.jpeg.2a5c4e4bbc5d8a10b8326ed30c1776ef.jpeg

First XI | Overall Best XI | Transfers | Youth Intake 2024

d5e41a411e9cd94449e18b1945cd444e.png

A very strong season from our two striker De Kuyffer and Beirlant scoring 27 and 23 goals. Two youngsters Sekkat 23i and Pârvulescu 23A from the intake during holiday season made their debuts at the end . I'll try to keep above squad for next season, nobody is leaving. 

7ad35df89a194bb4eca2b5288f005abd.png
De Kuyffer was our best player this season scoring a lot of goals.

3dcd7acd39caa6138da50ea0a09e7e06.png
a3c424c91d1976e1953a8ccd2628a9f2.png

image.jpeg.1ce2d94e3be98d630e93ed4bbade477b.jpeg

Club Vision | Supporters Profile | Manager Overview

2d91722cf41510f6702304fb41477b46.png

We had 2991 capacity with only 600 seats. not sure what they are going to do now. We don't have the money.

0324166818349700871080f7259f4255.png

Belgium Watch

f54dae538a355f6ba5a9c8d62763ae76.png

Next Season
No relegation and a takeover/money injection, that would satisfy me very much next season.

Great work @OlivierL

"de leeuwkes" must be proud, i guess :) 

Edited by janvanbulck

Well, in what was perhaps a blessing in disguise, I've been sacked in Slovenia. It's an absolute nightmare managing there, I wasn't able to fill an XI and then when the youth came in they weren't eligible to play, even the 16 year olds. SO it's off somewhere else, does anyone have any suggestions outside of the Big Five nations?

22 minutes ago, shaunvamos said:

Well, in what was perhaps a blessing in disguise, I've been sacked in Slovenia. It's an absolute nightmare managing there, I wasn't able to fill an XI and then when the youth came in they weren't eligible to play, even the 16 year olds. SO it's off somewhere else, does anyone have any suggestions outside of the Big Five nations?

That's a shame. I had a fun save in Slovenia.

Maybe Inter Bratislava in Slovakia. Iceland is fun too. 

17 minutes ago, shaunvamos said:

Ever tried Czech Republic? I've never managed there, but it looks like a very interesting option. Hungary as well.

36 minutes ago, shaunvamos said:

I had the same issue, I think in Turkey, where you get youth through but they have to be a minimum age to play. 

Portugal and the scandinavian leagues have both been decent.

47 minutos atrás, shaunvamos disse:

Hungary looks a good shout or Romania if you like long seasons.

6 hours ago, SuperRedditch said:

Macclesfield FC are in my league now (National League North) and I'm pretty certain they don't start in the division below us. They first appeared in 2026/27, so it definitely seems possible.

So I holidayed overnight until 2075 on my test save in Portugal. The way the structure works there is that steps 1-4 are playable in the game. Step 5 is organized into a number of regional districts called anywhere from "Porto Elite" to "Setubal First Division" to "Castelo Branco Division of Honor." Then step 6 remains in the regional districts and they are commonly called "Second Division" or "Division of Honor" (not to be confused with some of the step 5 leagues with similar names). Step 7 and lower seem to be called "Lower Regional Divisions."

I noted all the teams in the Porto Elite and Porto Honor Divisions (step 5 and 6) at the start of the save and compared them to the end. It was possible (and occured once or twice) for a team to reach the playable leagues (step 4) after starting in step 6. But it didn't seem like there was any change between step 6 and step 7 on an annual basis. My thought is that "Lower Regional Divisions" or terms like it are catch-alls that FM uses to represent leagues that aren't simulated at all in the game (even under the hood like some non-playable leagues are). So it would seem like any teams that start the game in those divisions have no chance at ever becoming playable naturally.

1 minute ago, darren1983 said:

How do you set up a scout to watch the next opposition on this version? For the life of me I can't seem to do it :D

20221104151810_1.thumb.jpg.947d59a296bb59113c3ee9f24bdf35e2.jpg

Try something like this. I don't actually have any scouts so can't see if it works.

Just now, darren1983 said:

Yeah that's the one cheers. Not sure how I missed it. Seems it can also be done from the responsibilities page as well 

I don't think that sends the scout out though. It's just the person who provides the scout's work to the manager.

Looking for some opinions as to what my jersey design for my 2025/2026 season should be:

Design #1

spacer.pngUb1DIzo.png

Design #2

42KrXh1.pngm0Rrfmg.pngWWmFALv.png

For Design #2 for the one that is blue and white stripes, black cuffs and collar or blue cuffs and collar?

Also found out that OXXO is owned by a Mexican conglomerate (FEMSA) that had more companies so used them for jersey and additional sponsors on the jersey. Fun fact in real life, they own C.F. Monterrey.

59 minutes ago, hubwub said:

Looking for some opinions as to what my jersey design for my 2025/2026 season should be:

Design #1

spacer.pngUb1DIzo.png

Design #2

42KrXh1.pngm0Rrfmg.pngWWmFALv.png

For Design #2 for the one that is blue and white stripes, black cuffs and collar or blue cuffs and collar?

Also found out that OXXO is owned by a Mexican conglomerate (FEMSA) that had more companies so used them for jersey and additional sponsors on the jersey. Fun fact in real life, they own C.F. Monterrey.

both are great but design #2 fits more with the sponsors IMHO. great work on them!

N3H7KRd.png

Owner sold another player for dirt cheap the team collapsed against winnable competition and I'm blaming their loser energy on the Phillis losing the last two games too :D

First time I've had the owner ask not to resign though. I'll figure another save out later.

1 hour ago, the_hdk said:

both are great but design #2 fits more with the sponsors IMHO. great work on them!

Yeah id say the second one too, but they both very good.  What did you use to create them?

2 minutes ago, JAwtunes said:

Yeah id say the second one too, but they both very good.  What did you use to create them?

I downloaded templates from sortitoutsi.net for SS kits. Then I used Photopea (GREAT ALTERNATIVE TO PHOTOSHOP) to edit the PSD because I swap between a Linux and Windows machine. I googled for HQ versions of the sponsor logos.

I'm leaning towards using design #2.