[FM22] The Great San Marino Challenge

• Replies 744
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Club Achievement: Promotion from Eccellenza

Diegaro were unable to withstand the pressure, allowing an equalizer from Argentana to sneak in at the 86th minute! Despite having a lower GD, we end up winning because league sorting rules default to results between teams. What a way to end the season!

image.png.2f98b58d93d415495ec2a7ad981a8138.png

It's taken many, many years but finally some international 'success' for San Marino. We've qualified for the 2040 Euros by the narrowest of margins as group winners. It's the first time we've ever upset some of the big guns - the 2-1 home win over Portugal is the biggest upset ever. We were ranked 100th at the time and they were 13th. I've no doubt we'll be the lowest ranked side at the tournament. We're up to 93rd in the world now but we've shown we can rub shoulders at the top table. I just hope the club side can keep producing some gems. I have four now I'm trying to build the national team around. 

492880488_Screenshot2022-03-20at17_12_34.thumb.png.a48023a3c4eb3a6399d1db6cee176bc6.png

1091952921_Screenshot2022-03-20at17_14_13.thumb.png.cf6bc7a53fc07a37732f3c309b388ee9.png

I have decided to undertake the challenge via managing a team within the San Marino league for the first time. I am at the end of the second season at this moment in time. 

I won the league in the first season with Virtus and lost in the quarter final of the cup. Second season I won the treble. I didn't realise how early the champions league qualifiers started in relation to the season at the beginning of the second season so only had 12 players in my squad which meant I lost fairly comfortably to Valu. A mistake I won't be making again in the upcoming campaign!!! :lol:

image.thumb.png.43f87c36c680ca4f0bb63afb1f73be82.png

image.thumb.png.53126e1bc73335971a9593f7e8ffdde1.png

With the National Team I have done very little, I've only managed to beat Andorra, winning 3-1 in a world cup qualifier, but at the moment there isn't much to do until I can become professional and start bringing regens through that can have an impact.

image.thumb.png.22d84436546ade247bfe43e50664cd4d.png

I am really enjoying the save although it is a little too easy to become the best team in the league and I even went unbeaten in the second season so I will try to integrate a couple of regens next season that have potential to be useful for the national team while still maintaining a strong position within the domestic league. The upcoming European campaign with Virtus is the big thing now, a decent run in Europe and it will see the club hopefully become professional next season and really allow for future growth.

Edited by HibeeRyan

End of my third season update:

I managed to qualify for the Europa Conference group stage after a great run in the champions league playoffs. Didn't really manage to do anything once in the group but a final match win against Krasnador definitely helps with bumping up the co-efficient slightly. The money brought in from the run also has helped us turn professional and improve training and youth facilities.

image.thumb.png.0c60350167ac27c64bb708f00f896dff.png

Domestically it was another successful season, not as impressive as last year due to us losing a couple games in the league, but still comfortable enough, apart from the final that is which we won on penalties. Another treble though so cannot be too upset.

image.thumb.png.a5eee2a36c5ddaf9726fed88bcba35dc.png

I managed to get Filippo Berardi to join me which is a massive help as he is probably the best Sammarinese which makes meeting the league regulations much easier. However, no real talents coming through the youth as yet but as we improve the facilities and now having a decent HOYD I am hoping to see one or two start to come through. 

On the national team front, I am trying to get a consistent tactic based around the regens that are coming through but not getting anything to work atm so I'll need to concentrate on that front more in the coming season to help get some decent results but we did beat and draw with Gibraltar in Euro qualifiers. 

• 2 weeks later...

It's San Marino's first World Cup in 2042. Fresh after our 2040 Euros experience where we reached the semi-final, we have a World Cup group with Mexico and DR Congo. If we qualify we'll play Argentina, Croatia, or Syria in the next round. In the youth intake in the club side, I've had my first five-star Sammarinese regen come through - Thomas Ceccoli. He made his debut in the Coppa Italia final and made a horrendous error, so I didn't select him for the World Cup. A World Cup at 15 might be a bit much. He'll be 19 for the next one. 

Domestically we're dominant. Italy doesn't seem to have reacted. I've seen all sorts of tycoon takeovers around Europe but none in Italy so far. We have developed a competitive rivalry with Liverpool, though. They have a club side to rival ours. They bought our third best striker for £140m two seasons ago and he seems to relish playing against us. Their side is aging, though. We have the next generation waiting in the wings. 

Well, we had some fun. Brazil went on to win the competition. Ireland were the reigning champions so to knock them out on the way was satisfying. Not bad for still quite a young team. There's only one regular who probably won't make the next one, Pasolini. Marani's goals against Croatia made him the youngest goalscorer at the World Cup at 16 and 252 days. 

1871795009_Screenshot2022-04-09at16_23_18.thumb.png.c946664007e3b9ce343ac872b77a21aa.png

3 hours ago, MT55 said:

Is anyone still doing this? I'm about to start but have a question... The club in Italy when they start producing regens are they Italian or San Marino?

You have a mixture. Some purely Sammarinese, some purely Italian, some both (and if you're the national manager you have to try to convince them to represent San Marino). This is Victor San Marino's U18s, for example in 2042: 1940329119_Screenshot2022-04-10at21_43_31.thumb.png.3da81a2e79359bd635b365613fef7785.png

My issue is that my regens are only those nationalities. I've no idea if that's a bug, but in FM20 I had all sorts of nationalities come through. I've had one Italian/Ecuadorian regen but in 21 seasons, that's it. 

11 hours ago, TheJonsterMonster said:

You have a mixture. Some purely Sammarinese, some purely Italian, some both (and if you're the national manager you have to try to convince them to represent San Marino). This is Victor San Marino's U18s, for example in 2042: 1940329119_Screenshot2022-04-10at21_43_31.thumb.png.3da81a2e79359bd635b365613fef7785.png

My issue is that my regens are only those nationalities. I've no idea if that's a bug, but in FM20 I had all sorts of nationalities come through. I've had one Italian/Ecuadorian regen but in 21 seasons, that's it. 

Thanks for that mate. I'm taking a big step as I've spent the last year playing FM11! I had loads of different nationalities on that game. Players from Argentina, Albania and even an English player.

Will be starting today.

2025/26 Season Update:

List of Achievements so far at club level:

Qualify for the Champions playoff, Qualify for the Champions playoff final, Win the Champions Playoff and the League, Qualify for Europe, Win the San Marino Cup, Win the San Marino super Cup, Win the double, Win the treble, Go undefeated in the League , Win a European Qualifying game, Qualify for the group stage of the Conference League, Qualify for the group stage of the Europa League, Qualify for the group stage of the Champions League, Survive the group stage of the Europa League, Survive the group stage of the Conference League, Get your club in the top 200 of the coefficients

List of Achievements so far at international level: 

Win a game, Win a competitive game, Have a player beat Andy Selva's 8 goals scored record, Have a player score a hat-trick in a game, Get promoted from Nations League D

Last season we had a wonderful journey in Europe 

image.thumb.png.e6211f492e9528e427f994713b26b23b.png

Getting all the way to Europa Conference league quarter final where Monaco were simply too strong for us in the end. We complete our fifth league title in a row and our fourth treble in a row so we have the domestic game on lock so we are just pushing for more glory in Europe. Slowly improving our facilities as the board allow us to but we have £8million in the bank so solid finances too.

image.thumb.png.36c0d07ec77971900c05e14e53dbe87a.png

This did happen which was a bummer for me at club level but on the basis that he comes through as Sammarinese then it should result in a new star player for the international team. I'll keep a close eye on the Man City youth teams to hopefully see him pop out in the next couple of years.

a1e2225076e51dbe6e847c9efdcf2fc4.png

• 2 weeks later...

2021/22 

Bagan with Victor San Marino combined with the national team and added another manager to Virtus Acquaviva in the Sanmarinese league.

I will keep my updates short and only update on won achievements.

Victor San Marino:

Win the Emila-Romagna Cup (2022)
Get promotion from the Eccelenza (2022)

Virtus Acquaviva:

Qualify for the Champions playoff (2022)
Win the San Marino Cup (2022)

San Marino National Team:

Win a game (2021)
Win a competitive game (includes Nations League) (2021)

Edited by Pieyanthikos

Hi all, decided to start this challenge with both the national team and the league team!

Used Classan's san marino database and the italy down to tier 5 database.  Looking forward to this hard challenge!

image.png.489f4385a61d4ac3996a746ad2918c39.png

On 24/04/2022 at 19:02, 6499red said:

Hey all, just don't have the time to keep this thread updated anymore. sorry.

You're all welcome to keep posting here, of course!

Thank you for the time you have taken so far :thup: I don't think a lot of people play this challenge anymore since the DYR story.

I'm in 2038 and in the Nations League divison C for 8 years now. My club Folgore is in Europe very good and every team in the Sanmarinese league is professional. Even tho, my DYR hasn't changed at all

12 hours ago, Thomassje123 said:

Thank you for the time you have taken so far :thup: I don't think a lot of people play this challenge anymore since the DYR story.

I'm in 2038 and in the Nations League divison C for 8 years now. My club Folgore is in Europe very good and every team in the Sanmarinese league is professional. Even tho, my DYR hasn't changed at all

Thanks @6499red for your time in getting the thread and a ton of challenges up and running.  Hope you're doing well.

The thread has been really busy at times, but is a lot quieter now.  It's a long challenge and people do naturally fall away, but the DYR has been a big own goal for SI.  I haven't played much in the last couple of months, I think as it feels too samey to my long FM19 save, in that it's been get to Serie A ASAP, when I wanted to grow the club in line with DYR a bit more.

Having said that, although DYR is about as dynamic as Edmund Blackadder's asthmatic ant from Blackacker Goes Forth, the quality of youth intakes is already better than in FM19.  My intakes are Italian heavy (particularly my most recent one), but I've got quite a few potential Serie A level Sammarinese players ranging from 15-17 years of age.  Now I've upgraded training facilities and employed more (and better) coaches, I'm hoping to see some good development (which has been an issue - might be a touch bugged, although not as bad a DYR).  The issue is going to be at 18 or 19 whether to loan them out or keep them, I might try a little of both and see which is better.  I've loaned out 3 players to Serie C clubs I signed from San Marino Academy a while back who are now 18, so we'll see how they go.  They're all playing regularly so far at least!  Annoyingly, the "sign Sammarinese players" is back in the club vision - so I end up signing rubbish from San Marino Academy.  I could spend money and boost the San Marino League, but I've always felt it was a bit artificial - so we'll see...  So perhaps the start of the save getting more interesting, but hard to find the time to put good hours into the game!

I did play more when I had a week off a couple of weeks ago.  Having been loan heavy for 2 years with Victor, I made a non-typical signing for me - a player in his 30's in Shoya Nakajima.  That seemed to open the flood gates and suddenly some top players signed for us.  As a result, we managed to win Serie A comfortably.  That allowed us to focus on the latter stages of the Conference League and we won that as well, beating Wolves in the final.

With Cosmos, we haven't lost a game domestically for 2 years!!  Very easy - so just Europe of interest and we got to the second knockout round of the Europa League, beating RB Salzburg, but then losing to Leicester, who had already beaten us twice in the group stage.  I've already played the European qualifiers for the next season and for the second time we're in the Champions League group stage, but we've got a horrible group and will lose all 6 games I suspect!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, JMcK910 said:

hi, any chance someone can DM me classen italy file please?

It's on page 13 of this thread - my post dated Feb 24.  It's the original database though, so you'll need to make sure you change to that one when you start the save.  If you want to the current database, you'll have to run it through the pre-game editor and it may or may not validate.

4 hours ago, duesouth said:

It's on page 13 of this thread - my post dated Feb 24.  It's the original database though, so you'll need to make sure you change to that one when you start the save.  If you want to the current database, you'll have to run it through the pre-game editor and it may or may not validate.

Yeah I tried that link but didn’t work. Cheers though. 

14 hours ago, JMcK910 said:

Yeah I tried that link but didn’t work. Cheers though. 

The current database is I think 22.4 - his database won't work as he wrote it for the original database 22.1.  You need to go into advanced setup of the game, and change the database back to 22.1 (should be in the top right hand corner of your screen from memory - but sure if you Google it, you'll find how to do it).

If you want to use 22.4, then you'll have to validate the file in the pre-game Editor.  I don't know if this will work as Eccellenza is regional, large and complicated and you'll probably get errors.  I doubt too many people are good enough with the editor to resolve that.  So, I think your best best is to go 22.1.

15 minutes ago, duesouth said:

The current database is I think 22.4 - his database won't work as he wrote it for the original database 22.1.  You need to go into advanced setup of the game, and change the database back to 22.1 (should be in the top right hand corner of your screen from memory - but sure if you Google it, you'll find how to do it).

If you want to use 22.4, then you'll have to validate the file in the pre-game Editor.  I don't know if this will work as Eccellenza is regional, large and complicated and you'll probably get errors.  I doubt too many people are good enough with the editor to resolve that.  So, I think your best best is to go 22.1.

Yeah I know that mate I’ve updated other databases to current patch, I couldn’t download the file it sent me to an error page. Managed to get the file now tho thanks. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 08/06/2022 at 09:03, JMcK910 said:

Yeah I know that mate I’ve updated other databases to current patch, I couldn’t download the file it sent me to an error page. Managed to get the file now tho thanks. 

I can't get it to work. Where did you get the database? I can't find it anywhere 

• 2 weeks later...

I've re-started - found this one online, I'm in season 3 with no problems:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2776261068&searchtext=italy

It works with 22.4, so there are a few data changes.  Emiliano Pedrazzini no longer qualifies to play for San Marino in the second season of the save.  Striker Voinea is no longer with the club and we are lacking a decent AF/Poacher.  The youth facilities are also way down on the original database.

Anyway, given dynamic youth ratings aren't dynamic, I bought the Editor and I'll make them dynamic - nothing crazy, indeed I won't lift it until we are established with a world ranking above 150.  Not doing updates or achievements on here, just playing for fun - and not racing to Serie A - going to keep the club at the level of its intakes, so if that means 5+ years in Serie C, so be it.  My first FM22 save was too much like my FM19 one - so enjoying being able to attack it a different way.

2 hours ago, duesouth said:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2776261068&searchtext=italy

It works with 22.4, so there are a few data changes.  Emiliano Pedrazzini no longer qualifies to play for San Marino in the second season of the save.  Striker Voinea is no longer with the club and we are lacking a decent AF/Poacher.  The youth facilities are also way down on the original database.

Anyway, given dynamic youth ratings aren't dynamic, I bought the Editor and I'll make them dynamic - nothing crazy, indeed I won't lift it until we are established with a world ranking above 150.  Not doing updates or achievements on here, just playing for fun - and not racing to Serie A - going to keep the club at the level of its intakes, so if that means 5+ years in Serie C, so be it.  My first FM22 save was too much like my FM19 one - so enjoying being able to attack it a different way.

e170a8916e24fce911a877e336ad3174.png

It is dynamic, in 5 years from 2040 to 2045 my DYR increased 7 points.

I have no idea what triggers it tho

Hey there! Lovely one this challenge. I was thinking to do it managing three teams, with different coaches, at the same time. Our Victor San Marino, one more in sanmarino's league and then the national side. I run one season but I got really confused as it is my first time with more than one manager. Any tips for this kind of save?

15 hours ago, Fugado said:

Hey there! Lovely one this challenge. I was thinking to do it managing three teams, with different coaches, at the same time. Our Victor San Marino, one more in sanmarino's league and then the national side. I run one season but I got really confused as it is my first time with more than one manager. Any tips for this kind of save?

I've done it with 2 "managers" managing 4 teams.  Manager 1 with Victor and the National Team; Manager 2 with San Giovanni and the National Team Under 21's.  It takes a little getting used to, but look for the club's badge in the top left corner of the screen or on the bar in the top right where it will give you the manager's name or initials - then you know where you are.  Some custom skins make it easier as they change background or menu colour so you know which manager you are far easier.  Hope this helps and good luck!

• 3 weeks later...

Hey there! I lately bought FM22 when it was on sale, now I want to do the San Marino Challenge. Is there a database for the italian tiers which is working with "FM22 Leagues Megapack - AroundTheGlobe" by DaveTheEditor and the 22.4 version of the game. Thanks in advance!

On 29/08/2022 at 15:22, Codemaster said:

Hey there! I lately bought FM22 when it was on sale, now I want to do the San Marino Challenge. Is there a database for the italian tiers which is working with "FM22 Leagues Megapack - AroundTheGlobe" by DaveTheEditor and the 22.4 version of the game. Thanks in advance!

I've been using this one with no problems - I'm in season 4.

For the San Marino League, I used classen's one and just validated it for 22.4 in the pre-game editor.

• 2 weeks later...
On 01/08/2022 at 09:49, duesouth said:

Seems like a cool idea, considering doing something like that myself - upping a point seems very fair if there is relative sucess!

• 4 weeks later...

This is hands-down my favourite save type for FM.

I started it too late in FM22 lifecycle so hoping the databases are available earlyish for FM23 so I can make a proper go of it. 

Been good to see everyone's results!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...